Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I was splashed a bit yesterday. Today's been great! WW 1st thing tomorrow!

Lovin "it was just frustrating because I work so hard NOT to binge....and then I sit down with something saying I'm going to just eat a little...and before I know it...the whole thing is gone." We've all been there and need to learn there are some foods we just can't buy. Period. You don't want to know how many bags of chips I've let myself buy and have had to force myself to empty on the roadside because it's the only way I can keep myself from scarfing down the whole bag before I even get home. I'm aways trying to ask myself "Are you really hungry?" The answer is "no" 99% of the time.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #17  

I was dry yesterday but I had salty stuff so I'm blaming that for a 1.4 lb gain at WW this morning. I had a basically good week, just not as good as the two weeks before.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

You've done well J-Ann, sometimes the scale doesn't reflect our hard work. Yesterday I had a really horrible binge, around 5,000 or so calories, YIKES right? But today will be so much better. Keep going everyone, remember never let a bump in the road be the end of your journey.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #19  

Thursday and Friday were dry.
I've washed our towels and they are really fluffy. They are in the towel warmer just in case anyone is damp.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-ann View Post
I was splashed a bit yesterday. Today's been great! WW 1st thing tomorrow!

Lovin "it was just frustrating because I work so hard NOT to binge....and then I sit down with something saying I'm going to just eat a little...and before I know it...the whole thing is gone." We've all been there and need to learn there are some foods we just can't buy. Period. You don't want to know how many bags of chips I've let myself buy and have had to force myself to empty on the roadside because it's the only way I can keep myself from scarfing down the whole bag before I even get home. I'm aways trying to ask myself "Are you really hungry?" The answer is "no" 99% of the time.
J-Ann, just saw this post and wanted to respond. One thing, well two things actually, that have helped me lately with those bags of wonderful snacks is when I open the bag I divide it into serving sizes and put each serving in a zip-lock snack bag. That way when I want a snack I just grab a bag that is only one serving. I've also bought some of the WW snacks online which come pre-portioned and some of them aren't so bad. Another idea is to just buy smaller bags. It's easier to eat from a smaller bag without overdoing it than to open a large bag and say you're just going to eat a little. That never works for me. This works for me so just wanted to share.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #21  

CindyH dividing into smaller portions doesn't work for me. I know I can't stop 99% of the time. I just rip through the smaller/divided portions one after the other. The only thing that works for me is just saying "NO" and not buying stuff like chips, pretzels and packaged cookies. If they are not there, I can't eat them.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

So, um....did somebody throw out a life vest? Because I have fallen out of the boat. I am not sure if I am PMSing or what (I have PCOS so I never know my cycle).....but oh my word. Truthfully even my worst day this week hasnt been as bad as some of what I considered "good" days before, because we have gotten rid of a lot of the crap food at the house. But, due to a busy week we ate out 3 times, had that blasted Easter candy, and then basically when I got to Thursday...I just didnt care any more. I had a few days of apathy. But I'm back.....using the nice heated towels that j-ann was so gracious to provide.

I opted not to join WW. We found a small gym in our area that we can join and are going to use the money for that. Because we live in the South and it is either raining, hot, or cold---we get very few "good" outdoor exercise days. This was something we could do as a family (whereas WW would be just me). I'll just keep tracking on myfitnesspal. ((Same name on there if anybody wants to friend me))

We are going out of town Monday-Wednesday. We have already bought bottled waters to keep in the hotel fridge and are thankfully in an area that has a ton of options, so heres to staying in the boat on the road.
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #23  

I'm amazed! I'm still dry!

Lovin' You can't beat a gym ...... as long as you get yourself there. :wink: Enjoy your trip. Away can be a challenge but even a few days away can recharge you batteries. We have life rings to you as needed and they are on long lines so if you start to float away we can still get one to you.

Last edited by j-ann; 02-28-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:48 PM   #24  

Still dry!
Let's have a strong day. We'll be rowing back to the dock to resupply for our next leg, beginning tomorrow!
Old 03-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #25  

STOP

Head on over to slip 157 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.