Old 02-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
Doing my daily posting I committed to but no chit chat today.
My head feels weird, foggy I guess. (Have fun with that one Betsy.)
All else is well.
Take care.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #77  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Fi.....I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. Trying to change the way you relate to each other.....wow that is hard. Thinking of you. xxx
Cawl.....well done!! Keep it up!
Tootsie....little and often should help your foot. I have arthritic knees and when I first start exercising I find that my knees get much more painful until I lose enough weight to make it easier.
Today started badly. We have storm Imogen battering us...not one from the USA this time!!....... and I lost my fence and my back door shattered in to a zillion pieces. That meant that when I let the dogs out they escaped and ran around the village. It was 7am and I was dressed in wellies and my pyjamas. It was raining....very very windy and dark!
I contacted my builder who has not returned my call so until the fence is fixed we have to take the dogs out in the garden on the leads which is an absolute pain in the butt!!!
Went to the pool this evening but my left knee was really painful so stuck to 22 lengths instead of increasing to 26 as I planned. I think my knee is going to be very grumpy tonight in bed!!
Eating has been on plan for over a week which pleases me greatly!!!
Take care my lovely chickens,
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #78  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Fi: If your spouse is anything like mine, it's because he can't fix it. He worries about you. It isn't you that he's mad at, it's the fact that he can't fix it-he's mad at the situation. He feels helpless. Men hate that feeling. He doesn't want to say that because he's trying to be strong for the both of you, he doesn't want to appear weak, and the stress is weighing on him. When you talk about positive things, he thinks that maybe you feel a little better, and there's a light at the end of the tunnel, so he's not stressed as much. It's a difficult situation to be in, to say the least, because you have to balance getting the stress out with his need not to have more stress placed on him.

I did better than I intended to. Almost the 4 mile workout. I got had to stop to do work stuff. I didn't do the "boosted" walk-which is jogging. Still burned 808 calories according to my tracker. I was drenched in sweat.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Checking in...Had a long day but finished out with a great workout at the gym. DH spent the day fixing one of our electronics so he was beat and stayed home. Hoping he'll come tomorrow. I've missed him coming with me, and he was feeling like he was in a better mood all around when he was going regularly.

Thank you everyone for being so sweet and giving me the boost I needed about my excess skin. My pannus is almost hanging over the V area...I'm not in pain from it but it is getting hard to keep clean down there, that's why I am a little worried. But I plan to take everyone's advice and keep it off for as long as I can. Maybe once I get my car paid off next year I can start throwing that money in there to help pay for it once I finally do get everything done.

Colored my hair this weekend...I ended up with hot roots. It doesn't look terrible but my roots are more pink than purple...Here's me at work today :https://www.instagram.com/p/BBh0KORi...y=sakurako2686

DH really likes the shade of purple compared the normal line I use. I like it too but I regret not toning my hair before putting on the color...Better luck next time.

Off to shower and have dinner then it's bed time for me.

Night beautiful ladies!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #80  
There and Back Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm86 View Post
Checking in...Had a long day but finished out with a great workout at the gym. DH spent the day fixing one of our electronics so he was beat and stayed home. Hoping he'll come tomorrow. I've missed him coming with me, and he was feeling like he was in a better mood all around when he was going regularly.

Thank you everyone for being so sweet and giving me the boost I needed about my excess skin. My pannus is almost hanging over the V area...I'm not in pain from it but it is getting hard to keep clean down there, that's why I am a little worried. But I plan to take everyone's advice and keep it off for as long as I can. Maybe once I get my car paid off next year I can start throwing that money in there to help pay for it once I finally do get everything done.

Colored my hair this weekend...I ended up with hot roots. It doesn't look terrible but my roots are more pink than purple...Here's me at work today :https://www.instagram.com/p/BBh0KORi...y=sakurako2686

DH really likes the shade of purple compared the normal line I use. I like it too but I regret not toning my hair before putting on the color...Better luck next time.

Off to shower and have dinner then it's bed time for me.

Night beautiful ladies!
I love your hair.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #81  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Evening all Just wanted to respond to your posts before bed..

FiThat makes me nervous..my husband and i are conversationalists as well and we have only been together for 4 years! I will take a cue and learn to be quiet more often before i stick my own foot in my mouth.

Ubee Sorry to hear your not feeling the greatest..hopefully a good nighs sleep will cure that.

Mountain Wow! Be safe my friend...Glad to hear the doggies are indoors and safe..PS..pajamas are preferably for sleeping in..not playing outside in the wind lol.

Tootsie Awesome job on the workout! Bet it felt good to get it done.

Sam OMG!!!! Love love love the hair!!! Its funny..we have totally similar hair.. Mine is shoulder length and its dark purple from roots down and then it goes into hot pink from 3/4s down through to the ends. Looks like somone dipped 1/4 of my hair in hot pink/magenta

Well.. i feel accomplished tonight. I had a HUGE NSV!! So...back in Decmber i was wearing my 18 plus size jeans.. Today i tried on my size 14s and they fit!!!! No muffin top either. They fit all the way to my waist!! I havent been able to fit back into my 14s fo a whole year. Im glad i kept them. Its so weird to be fitting my smaller clothes even though the scale is not moving.

***************************FOOD TRIGGER****************************

I am so impressed with myself today. I made a gluten free/grain free/sugar free/ low carb chocolate zucchini cake with sugar free chocolate buttercream frosting!! I died and went to low carb heaven. I thought maybe my life was going to be over and i wouldnt get a birthday cake this year but its not true...there is hope!!!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #82  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi chickens!
Well I am still "without fence" but the builder is coming later to have a look at what he can do.
Ubee and Fi you are in my thoughts xx
Sam....I LOVE you hair colour! It is kind of how I wanted mine but purples and reds don't do well in the pool.
Port....yum that cake sounds good! and I promise no more rampaging through the village in my PJ's....although to be honest nobody would mind...it is that kind of place! Well done on your NSV!!!
I was right and my knee was grumpy in bed last night after swimming and is stiff today and pretty sore. Walked the dogs this morning...it wasn't raining but it is now!!...went a bit further than normal. I am trying to increase it every week or so.
I have been to see the Consultant about my chest. At last I am under the care of someone who actually listens to his patient's opinions. He feels that I have an underlying condition that causes repeated infections and it is the infections that give me asthmatic symptoms. Once the underlying cause is effectively treated he expects me to improve! So he has started me on a preventative antibiotic and ordered a CT scan for confirmation of his diagnosis. Bless him...he noticed my weight had come down a little and asked how I cope with exercise. But he DIDN'T give me the "fat" talk....you know the one......how all your problems would be solved if you could just magic yourself thin!!?? So all in all very satisfactory!
And Sam is getting increasingly motivated by the Wii fit (sadly my weight is still too high for the Wii Fit board )but I exercise alongside him with weights and a work out band and do my Wii Dance routines!
So all is well in my little corner of Wales!
Have a great day chickens,
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:59 AM   #83  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I've been utterly silent since 9:40 last night, when Bob was so incensed about something I said (I forget what—that's how trivial it was) that he jumped up and shook his fists in rage. The air between us was electrically charged! But don't worry, y'all: he would never hurt me.

This morning I managed to nudge him awake to bring my coffee and a glass of juice. Then, after I finished this collage (for Mardi Gras/Carnival theme) I was able to coax him awake again to take my wheelchair downstairs, where the scanner is.

I've been casual enough about my diet lately, I think I may have gained a little, so today's my day to get back on the straight and narrow. I won't weigh myself until my usual monthly date, the 22nd, so I have a chance to get back down again. I haven't done my leg lifts in a while because I've been so depressed, so I hope that tonight I'll be able to make that course correction as well.

Friday's injection of cortisone in my right knee has enabled me to do a lot of standing and practice walking (4-5 steps at a time). =smile= Unfortunately though, it's already wearing off. I may still try to walk a bit when I see Mike today.

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-09-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Not sure I should say this as I'll jinx it, but it's another glorious sunshiny day here. Hope I can find my sunglasses!

Fi -- No advice from me on your situation with Bob. Actually, I have advice, but it would probably explain why I've been single for so long! Hope things improve for you.

Porthardygurl -- Ugh. Can't imagine having to deal with TOM body changes on top of just the challenge of getting through a day on plan. That part of my life has, thankfully, been over for a llloooonnnnggggg time. Your fry experiment sounds like you've found a good substitute -- thanks for sharing. Hope the gland is doing better soon or you can at least get in to see the doctor. Wonderful NSV -- more reinforcement for Sam's approach to finding many ways to measure our progress.

Rabidstoat -- Hi. Wish you posted more often because we can all relate to the challenges of the never ending food supply while at work. And it's never healthy food (or rarely). The good news on the 3 cookies is that after a week, they're probably either harder than a brick or else stale.......which does not mean that I wouldn't eat them!

Ubee -- Feel better. If you lived out here, fog would be a natural part of most weeks during a good part of the year so no one would notice. Seriously, I get foggy brain every once in a while, too. I swear it's brought on by eliminating some food from my eating plan and having a chemical reactiont to the deprivation.

Donna -- Yep, I'm with you on being out roaming around in my bathrobe and boots. It's such a lovely outfit. Sounds like a horrible storm to have had your door shattered -- glass? Hope the builder gets things squared away for you soon. The new consultant sounds wonderful. What a concept -- listen to the patient! (Yes, that was a little sarcasm or more likely a lot of sarcasm.) Hope the CT scan shows what's going on. Hope your knee is feeling better. They hurt if we don't exercise and hurt if we do, but I know mine would just basically lock up if I didn't keep trying to move.

Sam -- Your hair looks great, but I love the look on your face. You seem to be saying something like you're not sure you like this. You've seemed tired lately -- are you doing ok?

Fi -- Your last post showed up while I was writing this. The evening sounds explosive, but then you described your morning and it involved Bob doing things for you. Is he upset about the nursing duties? Does he have time to do the things he wants to do? Please don't take this as blaming you for his bad mood -- just trying to figure out what's upsetting him. Have you asked him what is bothering him that he throws up his fists in rage? HE needs to identify what is stressing him so much so that the two of you can develop a plan to work on it. Don't know if that helps any, but hope things improve soon.

Yesterday I got the car cleaned up -- it was filthy from all the road dirt and salt and the inside looked as though someone had lived in it for a month. And, fortunately, I wasted enough time doing that that I didn't have time to finish the upstairs cleaning. I'm going to get to that today -- for real. Laundry later this week, change the sheets, and lunch on Friday with a girl friend.

Time for some coffee, the crossword, and then the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:15 PM   #85  
There and Back Again

Another 4 mile workout down.

Husband keeps talking about how he keeps forgetting to order the Valentine's Day gift. He completely forgot for a couple of years and doesn't want to make that mistake again. I told him to use the money that he was going to spend for a gift on the mortgage, put it into savings, or something. The gift probably wouldn't be enough for the month payment, heck, probably not even a week of the mortgage. Still better than getting a worthless gift that means nothing other than he felt guilted into getting a gift. (We didn't exactly marry for love. It was more of a I-was-pregnant-with-the-second-child-get-me-included-on-the-insurance type of thing. I don't see this lasting beyond the last child moving out. I love him-I don't know if he loves me. He says that he does, but guys say that every day, then run off with a girl 1/3 of their age. Hence the reason getting the mortgage paid off early is best, so that neither one of us has to take on debt in a divorce or try to sell it and settle on a fair split of the money. Marriages were contracts long before the idea of love came around, so I see nothing wrong with this. We have children that we want to have in a stable home.)

Counting calories on the trip next month looks next to impossible. I can't find nutrition information for the restaurants around the area.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:09 PM   #86  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Amazing news: The elevator wasn't working in the building where the Mindfulness Center (i.e., my Qi Gong instructor/healer, Mike) is located, so I climbed two flights of stairs!!! Not hands-n-knees climbing like I've been doing at home, but actual standing-up stair climbing! I was bushed by the time I saw Mike, but he was so excited for me, his enthusiasm came rushing back into me.

Just two weeks ago, the same thing happened: the elevator wasn't working. Bob and I sat in our car and waited for someone to fix it, since Mike came down and said he didn't have any more appointments that afternoon. It was an hour-long wait.

I just can't tell you how terrific it feels that my legs are geting more functional! For several weeks my progress in rehab has been kind of stalled, so this is a HUGE jump. =wide smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #87  
Porthardygurl

Good Afternoon Everyone..

Mountain Glad you didnt get blown away! So glad to hear that you are finally getting the rightkind of care you need to get to the bottom of this stuff.

Fi Good glory! From worse to worse the next morning! Whatever is eating at that guy better get out and dealt with soon. Sorry you are on the receiving end of it. Great job on the stairs. That must have felt great to accomplish that!

Tootsie Wow! Really? Staying in a marriage for that long becausr you chose to marry to do whats best for the kids and the family...wow! But i could not imagine that you could go through a marriage as long as yours only to divorce after the kids are gone. Surely you must have things in common and must love each other? Hard to believe a man or a women would stay that long in a marriage if there was nothing to it. Somtimes after a long time...maybe there needs to be some time spent working on the spice and sizzle of the marriage and spending time getting to know each other again but this time as individuals as opposed to just knowing each other from living and raising kids together.

Betsy Coffee with friends..i love doing that..somtimes the best part of my day.

Well..as for me..another drop on the scale..by 2 whole pounds..that means after i got down to 227.8 and jumped to 232.8 for a consistent gain...now im going back down. Considering the scale jumped down the other day..i think my scale is starting downward again. Maybe eating a bit higher carb for 2 days jolted it or somthing. Plus ive cut out the salted almonds so water gain could be going.

Tonights menu is looking up...
-Chicken thighs w/ homemade shake n bake breading(gluten free low carb) and homemade bbq sauce(sugar free)
- Mashed Feauxtatoes using cauliflour, goat cheese and cream.
- Dessert is leftover sugar free gluten free low carb chocolate cake.

I tell ya..i feel like all i do these days is cook, bake and eat...I think i need more purpose in my life besides weight loss..but weight loss feels like a full time job!

Anyway..gotta run..nap time then dog park time..doggy needs her run time.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Tootsie Thank you! Great job on a 4 mile workout!

Port Haha thanks! Hey send me the recipe for you cake!! I need something like that in my life!!

Donna Thank you!! Hope the fence gets fixed soon but I'm so happy to hear the upbeat sound of your "voice" today with the doctor...That is great news!!! There may be hope yet!

Fi Ugh boy don't I know about having to be silent. DH has been in a foul mood recently. I think it's a mix of his own mental illness, not working out, and the winter blues. Glad you're getting a little walking in..baby steps! HOLY COW!!! I just read about the stairs! GO FI GO FI GO FI!!! !!!!!!

Betsy LOL...Yeah I wasn't entirely thrilled with the results at first. I'm learning to like it but already disappointed in this color brand because it's already fading. I haven't washed my hair since I did it on Sunday. Took a shower last night and just rinsed my hair with no shampoo and put my conditioning treatment on and I've noticed it's already looking lighter. Not a good sign but it's ok, I'm going to roll with it for as long as I can...I'm doing alright, just seems like on the weekends I've been waking up and my back has been sore. I haven't been getting good rest on the weekends for some reason. I've slept fine the past two nights though. Who knows could be all the cold and no sunshine.

Had a good day yesterday...work...the gym...everything was going good...Then the bomb got dropped on me with my mother. I haven't been over to visit my grandmother recently. I barely have time for me to sit and do nothing but apparently that isn't an excuse. When I was not trying to lose weight and exercise it never mattered if I came around. Instead of her just mentioning how my grandmother misses me and wants me to visit or call, she had to throw in my face the fact that my grandmother pays for my health insurance. That was something I never asked for and was instisted. Long story short it turned into me finally sticking up for myself and putting her in her place with how she treats me, my grandmother, how all of the sudden she has decided to be a parent when it's too late....and of course her driving the nails in my back is bringing up my dead father who would be so proud of how I treat her or something like that....Sorry, you were a piece of **** parent then, just as you are now. At least now I'm old enough that I don't need any financial support from her. I could go on and on about this but it'll just ruin today.

Got home and went to work out. I didn't want to go to the gym today, I wanted to do one of my videos. I got about 10 minutes in and just couldn't do it...I mean I physically couldn't get myself to do it. I tried but then my pants kept falling down...Switched pants and they still fell....unless I work out in my underwear I guess it wasn't going to happen LOL...I got frustrated with that and just gave up. So I'm taking my rest day today instead of tomorrow. Tomorrow's a new day and I'll be right back to it.

Does anyone have any type of recipes or ideas for snacks that are low in sugar/salt not too fattening but low in carbs that is either a sweet treat, or a sweet/salty treat? I am dying over wanting sugar and salt lately. Don't know what's going on with me but I'm doing my best to keep it at bay. Just trying to think of something healthy that will help these cravings!!! I'll be on Pinterest tonight to see what I find lol

I'm off to relax and sit on my bum and do absolutely nothing LOL...I've earned it, I did 10 minutes of exercise today
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #89  
Porthardygurl

Im baaaack...

Ugh..want to stuff my face right now..Guess what started that feeling? My Dh talking about the finances..or shall i say lack of finances and whats worse is the lack of job options we have here..its depressing. Feels like im living in a "going nowhere" town. No wonder everyone leaves. I think ive decided to finally call the college tommorow about doing the counselling program. I need a better job and that isnt going to happen if i dont have much schooling..
Still..i want to stuff my face to cover my feelings of depression and frustration right now...but..im trying to write instead of reach for a food...its tough.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

No personals tonight. Just wanted to check in as I haven't for a couple days. Doing ok. Scale hasn't moved but I had a few slip-ups last week so I didn't really expect it to.

My sleep pattern is way off this week. Hoping to get to sleep soon so I can wake up early tomorrow. There's a lot I want to get done.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote