Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi Don't ever think you shouldn't post here....Post regardless of what you feel. We are here for you. We're here to listen to whatever you have to say...Sometimes talking about it will help. No one judges here so you are always safe to post as you wish. Glad to see DH is finally opening his eyes lol...Hope everything went good with Mike today.

Donna You are always too sweet. Thank you. Glad you were able to get to the pool last night and it didn't ruin the new 'do ...Dry weather can be good where you are I suppose right? Weather was pretty nice here today, cool but not too cold.

Tootsie Sounds like a win to me! You're moving in the right direction. Definitely need to get the kids in a good place before it's too late for them. I'm living proof of that. You're in the right mindset girly you can do this!

Betsy Really trying here!!! I know how much it helps me for sure...I think I have my head right in the game, just having a hard time fighting the sweet cravings. So far nothing has won me over yet this week so there's progress. Glad you still have bones ...The weather was nice here today too but I think we're due for rain tomorrow. I'm just not ready for the crazy humidity that will be here sooner than I know. My hair always looks like crap during that time of year and end up wearing it up most of the time lol

Port Stop going by the number on the scale!!! That does not define who you are!!!!!!! It's just a number...it's going to go up and down...that's part of this whole process. Is it discouraging at times? Yes!!! But remember that is not the only means to check your progress. Are your clothes getting looser? Do you feel like you aren't as out of breath as you once were? Have you been able to enjoy more things lately? Take a step back and assess everything and not just what you read on the scale. If you keep doing this you are going to move farther back instead of moving forward. Get a tape measure and keep a log of your measurements as well. I will lose in inches faster than I will see the scale move. This is all out of love. I'm sorry you aren't seeing the brighter side of things today, but you are doing fine. You can't truly judge if something is working for if you haven't given it at least 3-4 weeks to test. So before you shoot down what you're doing give it enough time and then switch it up. Hope tomorrow is a better day <3.

Ubee HAII!!!!!! Glad you at least dropped in for a second...Talk with you tomorrow dear!

Welp last night DH wasn't feeling too well. Sore throat, could barely talk. Today he's even worse. He's been drinking his fluids and sucking on cough drops. He can't figure out if it's allergy related or a cold. He knows it definitely isn't the flu, so he's taking it easy. I decided not to go to the gym tonight and work out at home instead. So I did Turbo Fire's Fire 60 video today. DH and I were talking about it last night and he thinks I should keep doing these videos more often then lifting weights all the time. He thinks I've seen the most progress by doing these videos. Maybe he's right...I just worry that if I don't lift weights that I will have even more loose skin. I'll find the balance eventually.

Haven't had any trouble eating on plan despite my food choices being very limited until I get paid tomorrow. We made a huge pot of turkey chili on Sunday and have been munching on that for dinner the past few nights. I made some grilled chicken tenders with collard greens for my lunch. I've been on a collard green kick lately. I guess that's a good thing since they have a good amount of fiber. So ready to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I can stock up on everything and have a good supply of healthy snacks. I've been having a hard time with wanting to eat sweets at night so I've been sneaking raisins at night lol..I know not the worst thing I can eat but sooo many carbs lol..I wouldn't be surprised if I gained this week but I'm working hard not to. Trying to get more water in and I need to cut the diet sodas out completely. I've cut down but I need to move back to the flavored waters that don't have anything in it...I think Deer Park and Polar make them. I'm sure that's not doing me any favors.

I'm sweaty and need a shower. Need to put the chili on and see if I need to get DH something else to eat for dinner tonight. Be well friends!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #17  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Not feeling great. My spouse decided that Chinese sounded good. I'm horrible with Chinese.

I feel like a failure at everything that I'm supposed to be good at. I can't cook very well. I'm not an awesome mom. I'm not a good housekeeper. I'm not a good wife.

My husband, along with other people assume that I'm smart. I don't feel smart. I'm socially inept and feel awkward in most social situations. I never feel like I fit in anywhere.

How am I supposed to change when I'm not in love with myself? I don't even like myself most of the time.

I lack patience.

I can't teach my little girl how to be feminine. I never learned how.

I'm not a fan of doing chores because my mom and dad beat me to get them done. Hence the reason that I don't make my kids do anything. I should, because they need those skills, but I don't want them to feel like I did.

I don't want to be affectionate with my spouse. I just feel gross. He thinks that it's because of him.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Porthardygurl, it's nice to meet you too. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time with the scale. Don't you just want to throw it against the wall sometimes and watch it break into a million pieces? Seriously though, listen to Sam. She knows what she's talking about, and only judging your progress by the scale will drive you crazy and stress you out even more.

Sam, I thought of you when I was in S. Carolina. I was in Summerville for a short time having lunch with a friend who used to live up here. Most of our time in S. Carolina was spent further west in Whitmire with DH's oldest son. I'm glad to see you doing so well still. I hope DH feels better. I don't know about yours but mine is very needy when he doesn't feel well. When I don't feel well I just want to be left alone.

Fi, please don't stop posting because you feel you're a bummer. We're all here to support one another, not just when we have victories but when we're struggling. We're here for you. Oh and I love your abstract collages. I'm so glad that you are able to work on them again.

Donna, I missed you last year when you stopped posting for a little while. I'm glad you're able to swim so much despite the problems with your chest. Your new haircut sounds lovely.

Tootsie, congrats on your scale moving down. Why do you assume it must be broken? I completely agree with and understand what you're saying about making wiser choices, instead of just eating less. Last year when I was losing weight I ate a lot, mostly protein and veggies. No refined carbs, very few fruits and whole grains. I was rarely hungry and the scale moved. or now I haven't really committed to that way of eating. I'm just trying to eat healthy, but not really cutting out food groups except for the junk. We'll see how it goes.

Betsy, not working anymore would be an awesome thing. Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery it isn't going to happen. I'm about twelve years away from retirement age and just can't afford to do it yet. I do love being home. So, when is our Alaska trip? I've decided that I'm coming too. It sounds wonderful. Alaska is one place I do need to see before I die. I am totally into nature and beautiful views as long as I can view the from the comfort and safety of inside.

Ubee, congrats on the 6 pound loss. I'm glad you're doing well.

Now that I'm once again working on losing weight I think about food constantly. I'm always thinking about the next meal, what's for dinner, what I'm having for a snack, or what I'm going to buy when I go shopping. It's not necessarily a bad thing because when I plan I know what I will be eating, and can count the calories or points (currently I'm doing both) before I eat. But it feels a bit obsessive. When I was on vacation I never really thought about food. I ate, of course, but didn't really plan obsessively like I am now. I've probably always done this when I'm trying to eat healthy, but just haven't really been aware of it.

Tomorrow I start walking on the treadmill again.

Have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #19  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Nope we havent had any bad weather yet

Betsy ~ Yes I love Music and Movement class, Working out is much more fun when you are in a group

Porthardygurl ~ Hi...How have you been doing?
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #20  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
Not feeling great. My spouse decided that Chinese sounded good. I'm horrible with Chinese.

I feel like a failure at everything that I'm supposed to be good at. I can't cook very well. I'm not an awesome mom. I'm not a good housekeeper. I'm not a good wife.

My husband, along with other people assume that I'm smart. I don't feel smart. I'm socially inept and feel awkward in most social situations. I never feel like I fit in anywhere.

How am I supposed to change when I'm not in love with myself? I don't even like myself most of the time.

I lack patience.

I can't teach my little girl how to be feminine. I never learned how.

I'm not a fan of doing chores because my mom and dad beat me to get them done. Hence the reason that I don't make my kids do anything. I should, because they need those skills, but I don't want them to feel like I did.

I don't want to be affectionate with my spouse. I just feel gross. He thinks that it's because of him.

I could have written this myself Tootsie. I too didnt have a mother to teach me how to be feminine and i too struggle to teach my daughter how to do that. I understand how you feel. Its so hard carrying around lots of weight. It makes you just not want to care about yourself anymore. Im sorry your going through this right now. I wish i could make you feel better(((hugs))). Even though you are feeling depressed and struggling, i hear care and i hear determination too. If you didnt care at least a little..you wouldnt post or talk about what your going through and you wouldnt desire to teach your daughter or care about being a better mom or spouse for that matter. This is a good thing. Dont stop posting..if you cant do anything else, be it dieting or exercising, at least keep talking. I know it sucks doing it but its good..its healing. Take care Tootsie.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:22 AM   #21  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
Ubee ~ Nope we havent had any bad weather yet

Betsy ~ Yes I love Music and Movement class, Working out is much more fun when you are in a group

Porthardygurl ~ Hi...How have you been doing?

Hey Terra...fighting the good fight even though right now the fight looks bloody. My scale..i love it and hate it.. its like a pet that misbehaves on a frequent basis. I feel comforted by its presence and angry and frustrated by its antics. Slowly i think im starting to feel better. Today was a bad day.Not for eating, just for feelings. I think im finding some sanity by posting instead of eating my feelings. Just glad i have stayed 100% on plan in spite of it.

How are you doing?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #22  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindylh View Post
Hi everyone.

Porthardygurl, it's nice to meet you too. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time with the scale. Don't you just want to throw it against the wall sometimes and watch it break into a million pieces? Seriously though, listen to Sam. She knows what she's talking about, and only judging your progress by the scale will drive you crazy and stress you out even more.

Sam, I thought of you when I was in S. Carolina. I was in Summerville for a short time having lunch with a friend who used to live up here. Most of our time in S. Carolina was spent further west in Whitmire with DH's oldest son. I'm glad to see you doing so well still. I hope DH feels better. I don't know about yours but mine is very needy when he doesn't feel well. When I don't feel well I just want to be left alone.

Fi, please don't stop posting because you feel you're a bummer. We're all here to support one another, not just when we have victories but when we're struggling. We're here for you. Oh and I love your abstract collages. I'm so glad that you are able to work on them again.

Donna, I missed you last year when you stopped posting for a little while. I'm glad you're able to swim so much despite the problems with your chest. Your new haircut sounds lovely.

Tootsie, congrats on your scale moving down. Why do you assume it must be broken? I completely agree with and understand what you're saying about making wiser choices, instead of just eating less. Last year when I was losing weight I ate a lot, mostly protein and veggies. No refined carbs, very few fruits and whole grains. I was rarely hungry and the scale moved. or now I haven't really committed to that way of eating. I'm just trying to eat healthy, but not really cutting out food groups except for the junk. We'll see how it goes.

Betsy, not working anymore would be an awesome thing. Unfortunately, unless I win the lottery it isn't going to happen. I'm about twelve years away from retirement age and just can't afford to do it yet. I do love being home. So, when is our Alaska trip? I've decided that I'm coming too. It sounds wonderful. Alaska is one place I do need to see before I die. I am totally into nature and beautiful views as long as I can view the from the comfort and safety of inside.

Ubee, congrats on the 6 pound loss. I'm glad you're doing well.

Now that I'm once again working on losing weight I think about food constantly. I'm always thinking about the next meal, what's for dinner, what I'm having for a snack, or what I'm going to buy when I go shopping. It's not necessarily a bad thing because when I plan I know what I will be eating, and can count the calories or points (currently I'm doing both) before I eat. But it feels a bit obsessive. When I was on vacation I never really thought about food. I ate, of course, but didn't really plan obsessively like I am now. I've probably always done this when I'm trying to eat healthy, but just haven't really been aware of it.

Tomorrow I start walking on the treadmill again.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Hi Cind..oh i know..a love hate relationship with the scale for sure. I dont think i could give up weighing though. Last time i did that..i decided to get slack with my diet and 6 months late i regained all my lost weight. As much as i hate it..i need it to keep me accountable. I just have learned whatsreal weight gain on my scale and whats fake-ie..time of month or water gain ect Its like i need a body fat percentage scale.

Good luck with the walking. I loveto hate my treadmill. Hate doing it but love how i feel after.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 AM   #23  
Porthardygurl

Port Stop going by the number on the scale!!! That does not define who you are!!!!!!! It's just a number...it's going to go up and down...that's part of this whole process. Is it discouraging at times? Yes!!! But remember that is not the only means to check your progress. Are your clothes getting looser? Do you feel like you aren't as out of breath as you once were? Have you been able to enjoy more things lately? Take a step back and assess everything and not just what you read on the scale. If you keep doing this you are going to move farther back instead of moving forward. Get a tape measure and keep a log of your measurements as well. I will lose in inches faster than I will see the scale move. This is all out of love. I'm sorry you aren't seeing the brighter side of things today, but you are doing fine. You can't truly judge if something is working for if you haven't given it at least 3-4 weeks to test. So before you shoot down what you're doing give it enough time and then switch it up. Hope tomorrow is a better day <3.

Ubee HAII!!!!!! Glad you at least dropped in for a second...Talk with you tomorrow dear!

Welp last night DH wasn't feeling too well. Sore throat, could barely talk. Today he's even worse. He's been drinking his fluids and sucking on cough drops. He can't figure out if it's allergy related or a cold. He knows it definitely isn't the flu, so he's taking it easy. I decided not to go to the gym tonight and work out at home instead. So I did Turbo Fire's Fire 60 video today. DH and I were talking about it last night and he thinks I should keep doing these videos more often then lifting weights all the time. He thinks I've seen the most progress by doing these videos. Maybe he's right...I just worry that if I don't lift weights that I will have even more loose skin. I'll find the balance eventually.

Haven't had any trouble eating on plan despite my food choices being very limited until I get paid tomorrow. We made a huge pot of turkey chili on Sunday and have been munching on that for dinner the past few nights. I made some grilled chicken tenders with collard greens for my lunch. I've been on a collard green kick lately. I guess that's a good thing since they have a good amount of fiber. So ready to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I can stock up on everything and have a good supply of healthy snacks. I've been having a hard time with wanting to eat sweets at night so I've been sneaking raisins at night lol..I know not the worst thing I can eat but sooo many carbs lol..I wouldn't be surprised if I gained this week but I'm working hard not to. Trying to get more water in and I need to cut the diet sodas out completely. I've cut down but I need to move back to the flavored waters that don't have anything in it...I think Deer Park and Polar make them. I'm sure that's not doing me any favors.

I'm sweaty and need a shower. Need to put the chili on and see if I need to get DH something else to eat for dinner tonight. Be well friends![/QUOTE]

I know i shouldnt...but i dont know how to be accurate with any other thing for measuring...
Sorry to hear your dh has a man cold. Those suck. My dh becomes like a whiney baby..all clingy and mopey. I hear ya on the diet pop habit. Im struggling to break that one..between that and sugar free chocolate. I jones after a sugar free pepermint patty.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Just looked on the calendar and it's Ash Wednesday already. Lent is going to be early (what's left to give up!) which means we'll be having an Easter egg hunt with coats on.

Porthardygurl -- As others have said, Sam is our resident expert on getting from here to there. You've already done wonderfully well with weight loss. But you are definitely in a love/hate relationship with that scale. Maybe take it over to a neighbor's house, or better yet just give it away and only get weighed when you go in to the doctor. Like Sam said, measuring yourself, noticing how clothes feel, your ability to do things -- these all tell you if you're losing weight. On the health front, yet again I'm in awe of what some of us have to deal with, and quite truthfully, I am humbled by the way some of us have to deal with so much each day.

Ubee -- Computers -- just like men. Can't live with them. Can't live without them!

Sam -- Hope DH is feeling better now. I know you're taking care of him. I wish I could let you come shop my pantry as I would dearly love to have it emptied! When I built the house, I had a large pantry put in. Well, I have managed to fill it to overflowing and need to just not buy groceries until everything in there is gone. And I need to stop shopping the sales! Don't know which will help with the loose skin -- maybe it's just a time thing.

Tootsie -- I can definitely tell you that you are smart. I was in IT for 30 years. I know what it takes to be able to do what you do. So, you can chalk up smart in your column. May I suggest sitting down and making a list of your good qualities? And if you can't think of any, ask your husband and kids. Write them on note cards and when you get down on yourself like this, read them. Write out some affirmations and each morning look in the mirror and say them to yourself. I think all of us struggle with loving ourselves, but just recognizing that is the first step.

Cindy -- I remember those days when I was ready to retire but the calendar said that I wasn't! Ubee and I would love to have you on the Alaska trip. Actually, I wish that we three could take this trip. Thinking about food all the time might be a good thing. It's when I'm not conscience of food when I gain......and gain.......and gain.

Terra -- Good to see you post. Hope all is well with you.

I've decided that the answer to consistently losing weight is my desire to travel. This Alaska trip and wanting to be able to walk easily and enjoy it is making me stick to the straight and narrow. I'm definitely doing much better on watching my food and staying on plan doing this. Hopefully I'll get to the point where just feeling so much better and being able to do so many more things will be a reward in itself.

Off to the gym and then continue working on the photo albums. Becky is over here for several days, and Toby is in heaven. However, he does want to make sure that Becky doesn't get too much attention, so he spends half the day trying to get his 100 pound body in my lap. He's a lot of dog! Hope everyone has a good day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #25  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's meeting with Mike was simply wonderful. I was definitely suffering from full-on depressive misery when I wheeled my wheelchair into the small room we use, misery that had just been exacerbated by something churlish Bob said in the car. My torso felt like a thick block of frozen lard with a ravine hacked out in the center of it, a ravine with vegetation on fire, and I could barely lift my eyes to meet Mike's. He had me try a few different things—changing my breathing, rubbing vigorously on an acupuncture spot on my shin, remembering blues songs I like—and then we just got to talking. I mentioned having read The Snow Leopard over the weekend, and from there we rambled through different pop culture topics until somehow we hit on "Battlestar Galactica."

I said, "Oh yeah—I'm an Edward James Olmos fan from way back."

Mike said, "Oh really? What else's he been in?"

I said he'd been in so many movies and TV shows, from pungent cameos to stellar leads, that I couldn't begin to list them.

For a practitioner of 3000-yr-old medical techniques, Mike is amazingly gadget-friendly: he always starts every session by punching in and firing up a little tab with soft ambient music, plus pulling his all-white laptop out of his bookbag and opening it up. He shows me pages from books on T'ai Chi and Qi Gong and acupuncture and Taoism he's downloaded or scanned, short videos of performances... lots of things... along with googling anything I mention that he isn't familiar with. So when I raved about Edward James Olmos, he pulled up IMDb (Internet Movie Database) and went, "Wow—he's been in lots of stuff! I remember that character..." and so on.

For some reason the thought of "Battlestar Galactica," which I never watched very seriously—not the way Bob did—cheered me up quite a bit, and as we continued to jump through wide veins of pop culture, like my "bad skin club" of favorite male actors (Olmos, Bill Murray, Jurgen Prochnow, Brian Cranston, et al.), and then somehow we were on Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp, but also, because of my mentioning Bob's penchant for science fiction, tracking through authors like Philip K. Dick and Isaac Asimov (when I told Mike I'd met Asimov at Princeton, he was eager to know "What was he like?")... anyway, as we fell naturally into one of those infectious conversations about books and movies—Mike is enthusiastic about a filmmaker from this area named Lavinia Currier, who made "Passion in the Desert" about a man's relationship with a leopard, and "Oka!" about African music, for which Mike showed me the upbeat trailer—as we talked & talked... my chest melted and annealed, and my spirits soared.

We even had a good time talking about "Se7en," which Mike hasn't seen but was most intrigued by when I alluded to the scene in which Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt are in the front of the car with Kevin Spacey in the back, narrating his big achievement in murder in that oh-so-compelling voice of his. Mike talked about a local art cinema that used to do bizarrely appropriate double billings, saying that "Se7en" and "Gilligan's Island" would be a typical pairing for that place, since both are about the seven deadly sins. I'd never heard that about "Gilligan's island," but immediately saw how the sins map onto those characters. (The only one that's a bit tricky to figure out is Mary Ann, who is Envy.) What a great laugh Mike and I shared!

However, I didn't expect it to last... As Bob and I were leaving the Mindfulness Center I was already brooding on how as soon as I got home, or even before that, I was going to lapse back into depression.

But it didn't happen! Despite the fact that my legs were in awful shape, hurting to beat the band, I stayed in a good mood. Bob didn't drag me down because he'd had a ultra-therapeutic massage while I met with Mike, and was feeling much more copacetic. I took a long nap, and then it was time for my favorite Sirius-XM deejay, Jim Ladd, to do his 7-11 PM rock-n-roll show. Ladd was also in a good mood: I love how personal Ladd's style is, how he always shares his immediate emotions with his listeners—a little bit by talking about them, and much more through the multi-song sets he puts together—and I could really identify with what he was relating about experiencing music in the 1960s and '70s, especially with how he always says "the Beatles!" at the start of such paeans.

The kitties contributed quite a bit to the mood: they were both very affectionate—cuddling, nuzzling, purring, soliciting caresses, bringing paper balls for me to throw. They are such a pair! I love how distinct and complex their personalities are—much more interesting, in fact, than either of our previous pairs, how they pick up on what Bob and I are feeling, how bonded to each other they are... 'can't say enough about our cats, but I'll cease and desist. =smile=

This morning I'm more torpid than I'd like to be, because I want to crawl upstairs and make a collage, but other than that, I feel thoroughly reunited with my real, non-depressed self. Maybe I won't make that collage. It doesn't matter, because all is well.

I find it odd, and quite interesting, that some of y'all are talking about femininity. I'm more feminine than some people—like my good friend who's a butch dyke =laugh=. I do like skirts and dresses, and have been through big makeup and nail polish phases. But wanting to be feminine? Naah, no way. I can't help being womanly because I'm hetero and have a big heart—plus I have an hourglass figure, even when very heavy (not to mention naturally blonde hair, big slate-blue eyes, and full lips)—but it's not something I consider a key part of my personality. If I had the physical appearance for it, I'd be androgynous. My mind is definitely androgynous.

Anyway, that's my long ramble.... I'm sending good vibrations in y'all's direction....

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-03-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:26 PM   #26  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Oh Fi ...it did my heart good to read your post!I am so glad that the sun has come out a little....I hope that it is the start of feeling better physically, mentally and spiritually.
Well today has been a very positive one. I had an appointment with my Psychotherapist and that always makes me feel nurtured and listened to. Directly after that I had an appointment for a Physical check by the Psychiatric Care Team. There has been some issues in the past with Mental Health and Physical Health being too separate so every year I have a physical exam prior to my Psychiatric review in a couple of weeks.
My heart rate, Blood Pressure and ECG were all normal! Hooray! The other good news is that their scales weighed me 4lbs lighter than my scales at home but I am going to stick with my numbers as 4 lbs isn't a massive amount in the grand scheme of things!
The other piece of excellent news is that the external wall insulation work will be started on 15th Feb!!! I only rang them Monday to express concern I had had no news so I am really pleased with that!
Had a moment of complete panic today. I was out with the 3 dogs in our usual park and the little one went wandering off. She can't quite keep up with the others so tends to paddle her own canoe but comes back or I send Molly, the big one, off to find her. After 30 minutes of frantic searching and "running" around.....face as red as a radish of course!....... A lovely chap brought her in to the park under his arm....he could hear me calling and she was following him and his spaniel. She had gone some distance up the road in entirely the wrong direction!! There have been a lot of dog thefts in an area not too far from here so you can imagine my thoughts? And these wicked people use little dogs as bait for dog fighting. Oh the relief when I got her back!
Anyway...off to feed them now!
Take care all,
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #27  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Got on the scale again. Another pound down. 291. I don't know why it says this. I haven't been trying. My choices have been the worst. I got up to drinking 3 sugar laden 16 oz cups of coffee a day and one soda. I have only been drinking one cup of coffee a day, without even thinking about it. That's the only thing that I can think of that changed.

I forced myself to do a mile of the Leslie Sansone video. I can't believe how quickly the body weakens. Last year, I walked up five floors of the Bromo Seltzer Clock Tower, effortlessly. Not even a year later, and the mile seems grueling. I'm carrying extra pounds now though, so I'm trying to be easy on myself.

I'm trying to take someone's advice about faking it until I make it. I don't have the motivation right now, but it's what you do when you're not motivated that determines whether you succeed or fail. We can't sustain motivation for a long time-so most of the time, we are unmotivated-that's why what I do now is so important.

Thanks, Betsy, for telling me that I seem smart. I think that my spouse has it correct, though. He says that I'm persistent. If I put my mind to something, with the exception of weight loss, I do it so long as I don't get discouraged, because I just keep trying. Weight loss seems nearly impossible because there is so much more going on than calories in vs calories out.

Fi: I feel so bad worrying over little things. It makes me glad to hear that your mood has lightened. Have you been playing favorite music throughout your house? I hear that it helps with depression to have soothing music playing-like something from your high school/college days.

Last edited by tootsieroll81; 02-03-2016 at 01:09 PM.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Tootsie I'm terrible with any type of ethnic food..Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean,...you name it so I feel you there. What makes you think you aren't a good wife and mother? As far as teaching your daughter to be feminine, don't worry about that. I was a tomboy for the majority of my younger years and still am to an extent. I think that's why I don't get along with ladies lol...Teaching your kids how to clean and take care of themselves does not have to be a grueling experience for them. If they are young, make it something fun to do to help mom around the house. You know how not to do it with your experience with your parents, so just turn it around ...Sending you love and hugs my friend.

Cindy Summerville is about an hour or so away from me, not too far. Never heard of Whitmire lol....Glad you had a great time. My DH is the same way...wants to be babied...Sometimes I have a hard time and tell him I'm not his mother LOL...We are alike I want to be left alone when I'm sick, unless someone wants to play with my hair while I lay in bed though! ...I think in the beginning of going back on a weight loss plan being obsessive can be a good thing to an extent to help get you back in the game. Great job for taking that first step

Port I got a measuring tape at my local Michael's crafts. They have ones that were big enough to measure me around with room to spare when I first started. They're only like $2. If you aren't sure where on your body you need to measure to get your correct measurements I'll be happy to help you with that. I have a chart that I write mine down every week that a friend of mine sent me. I would be happy to send you a copy if you'd like.

Betsy DH isn't doing better. Even more of a baby lol...I didn't even bother asking about running errands with me today. When I got home he pretty much slept the whole time yesterday. I tried to get him to eat but he wasn't hungry. Luckily today he is able to talk a little better. I'll be getting some things for him to help with his throat when I go shopping. The thought of Toby trying to get on top of you made me chuckle. It's always the big dogs that think they are tiny little things LOL...

Fi I am so happy everything with Mike went well...I'm a BSG fan too...DH got me into it years ago...Your evening sounded exceptionally well too...I hear hope in your voice....Just keep pushing mama...I'm cheering you on!! I haven't heard about the kitties for awhile...Made me smile when you talked about them. I can relate about my own cats. They definitely pick up on mine and DH's feelings and are always there to cuddle and tell you it's ok when you're down.

Donna Sounds like things are turning around for you too!! So glad to hear! Glad someone helped finding the doggie!

Wanted to address everyone so I don't get behind on personals but this is a short post from me. I'm still at work but didn't want to miss posting today. I have a bunch of errands after work so I don't know what kind of way I'll be in when I get home. I may just want to pass out. I ordered a new hair color line this morning and bought a tube of my usual just in case this one doesn't turn out. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to get here...My roots are showing bad!! Couldn't get comfortable in bed last night so it wasn't the best night's sleep I had. Woke up at 4AM ready to be up for the day but managed to fall back asleep before I had to be up at 6AM.

Back to the grind...take care all!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

So good to see everyone posting.
Another good day for me.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #30  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello everybody!
Betsy...I know what you mean about losing weight to enjoy trips more. Sam and I went to the Harry Potter Studios last year and I really struggled to enjoy it after a couple of hours as my knees and back were aching. It was wonderful though...especially for two Harry Potter nuts such as ourselves!
Sam...how is the hair colour? I am too nervous to do my own at home so I go to the hairdressers. I am sooooooo grey! Or would be but for the magic dye!
Port......difficult though it is to stay away I only weigh myself once a week as I know how much my weight fluctuates day to day.....if I was doing it every day my stress levels would be in the stratosphere!
Hi to everyone else...Tootsie and Fi hang in there!
I made it to Mums and Toddlers today for the first time in ages and then I went hunting for suitable doggie blankets in the charity shops and found a corker for £5 which I can cut in to pieces and will last me a while! I don't wash them as it wrecks your washing machine...I just throw them away when they get too muddy!
I managed to walk around the town with less pain today which pleased me greatly, so I think the gentle exercise is helping. Sam and I are off to the swimming pool again after school .
I might sound a bit retro but Sam and I have rediscovered the Wii Fit! It had been gathering dust...cast aside for the Xbox.... and I set it up to have a go at Wii dance which I love. Well, as I have mentioned before, Sam does not especially enjoy exercise but last night he did a solid hour of aerobic exercise and stretches and balance stuff which he needs...and he LOVED it! Hooray.
Have a great day,
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote