Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #61  

Height: 5'7"

Woohoo Judy on being back on track!!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #62  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Thanks Deb.

Talk about a weird month .... 7/14 -5.4, 7/21 +5.4, 7/28 -9.2 and 8/4 -1.6. It feels super to have two minuses in a row. Really trying hard to avoid bad choices.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:16 AM   #63  

Hang in there, Deb, lift! Lift! Lift!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #64  

Wearing shorts today that were to small in March. Barely able to keep up today!! It feels good to know inches are changing even though scale isn't moving.

Had a nice fresh salad today for lunch. May add some ham and have one for supper.
Since starting low carb my body feels so much better. My constant sinus issues are better. Praying it continues.
So proud of you Judy!! We can do this! We know how!! I am amazed at the energy increase since losing.
Vortex how are you doing??
Old 08-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #65  

Deb, Clothing size changes are a very visible and great feeling reward. Can't beat NSVs! Congrats!

I stayed POP all week. It didn't show on the scale this morning but since I was up .2 lb. (1.6 oz) I'm not going to let it get to me. I'm just hoping it will make next week even better and blame the gain on H2O!

We are officially in a period of very hot, very humid, tropical weather. We are expecting another for or five days before the temps drop from the upper 90s into lower 80šs and the dew points drop from the upper 70šs into the low 60šs. It will still bother this "Cold weather is the best!" girl but nothing like the hot stuff we are suffering through now.

Y'all stick to your programs! WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #66  

ee happy dance!!
I am at a 40lb loss! Staying with it pays off. I think increasing my water intake was what did it!
Now time to get to 50! Lol
Old 08-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #67  

DEB, You get the GOLD Medal! So proud of you! You stuck with it through thick and thin and broke through.

You are my idol!
Old 08-26-2016, 07:02 AM   #68  

Hubby went to the dr on Wednesday. We hit our 6 month mark on Tuesday. His labs were perfect and his dr is over the moon excited!! His A1C dropped from 7.8 to 5.3!!! Dr cut his med in half. She said low carb is working for sure and said keep it up!!!😀

I am still stuck at 40lbs but still at it!
How are you Judy??
Old 08-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #69  

I went up 1.2 this week. Made some bad choices and definitely let the stresses of life grab me by the throat and screamed "EAT!!!". I'm back on program and yesterday was POP. This week will be better!

Great job sticking to your goals Deb (and your DH too). Fantastic Dr.'s appt!!!!!! Keep it up. It's working.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

thought I would share a little victory here ..
I have lost a total of 66 pounds since feb!!! ! and part of this is the support found on these forums to help with sticking with my program!
Old 08-30-2016, 02:58 PM   #71  

Woohoo Karenkat!!!!! Way to go!! That is awesome!!
I am in a woosh. 45lbs lost!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #72  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

congratulations to dgramie and Karenkat - way to go!
Old 09-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #73  

Be proud ladies.

I'm struggling, again.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all. Thank you for sharing your victories. Gives me strength to push thru. And thank you for sharing your struggles, i know that i am not alone. I had a small slip up last night, had 3 small chocolates which was not planned. Today i need to find some alternatives and plan to allow myself some chocolate.

Wishing everyone well.

We are stronger than we think.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #75  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

j-ann, sorry to hear you are struggling - you can get through this

Opine - I found that substituting something I didn't love ( eg: wouldn't binge on) but was similar worked for me for a while (I still had to watch it though) - I did better with 70 or 80 percent dark chocolate than milk, as I really wasn't tempted to over eat it. I have heard some people do ok with cacao powder in a smoothie, but in the end I guess decide whether it works better for you to plan to eat a few every day (and work it in your calories) or do the exercise needed to burn it off (make it seem less worth it) or just cut out sugar (if that won't make you binge)

for me, I left myself ice cream as sweets I can have (I can't stop when it's candy or cakes or similar). I don't/can't keep ice cream in the house, but if really want it - I go out for it. most of the time, I don't bother, because ice cream is so-so for me. This weekend was my birthday and instead of cake, I went out and had a fancy sundae with in house made hot fudge and real whipped cream - lots of calories, made me go through sugar withdrawal again and now I have to drop my calories lower this week - a pain in the butt in a lot of ways - but I didn't feel totally deprived, which triggers candy binges in me

hope that is helpful, good luck!
Closed Thread