Old 01-21-2016, 02:17 AM   #91  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Wow..quiet in here today.. Well i survived the sushi restraunt. I snuck in my homemade low carb gluten free pizza slices and ate them at the table while everyone else was eating sushi. I think this low carb dieting seems to get easier the longer you stick with it. I have never really been successful long term on low carb in the past. I had emotional eating issues..stress eating issues.. I guess i wasnt ready to look at it as a lifetime thing. I kept doing it as a diet..same with other diets..kept doing it as another diet but then i would "cheat" and wouldnt get back on till it was too lateand i had gained it all back.

Anywho..im heading out of town for the day. My good friend and her boyfriend were in a car accident over Christmas and the car was totalled and now they cant go away out of town anymore. The nearest big mall and movie theatre is 3 hours away, so we offered to take them down island for the day so they can have there date seeing Star Wars. My dh and i are going to go to the local health food store and pick up some more swerve and coconut flour. Found a great recipe for coconut flour donut holes using a cake pop maker..might get me one of those.

Anyway...feel better everyone. Thinking of you all so far away!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #92  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yesterday I went to the 2nd DA4A meeting of the month and today I have Music and Movement class
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Happy Feels-Like-The-Middle-Of-The-Night everyone. I woke up at 4 and wasn't able to get back to sleep, so just gave up and decided to get an early start to the day. Very early.

Fi -- Thanks for the reminder about the book. I still have it on my Kindle and would probably benefit from a fresh re-read.

Porthardgurl -- Sounds like the parties went well. You're lucky the sushi place let you bring in your own food. I took in low cal dressing in a packet one time and was asked to leave -- after paying for the salad I'd ordered, of course. It was one of the few times in my life where I didn't leave a tip. You're good friends to take your friends to town since it's such a long drive -- hope you had a good day and they enjoyed the movie.

Terra -- As usual, you are keeping busy. Enjoy your Music and Movement class.

The doctor's visit was fine -- we spend more time visiting than doctoring. Other than her wanting to make sure I get a bone density test soon, she was very happy with the labs. Evidently eating right impacts your health! Worked in a trip to the gym, then got my hair cut and then managed to while away the rest of the day. Laundry and changing the sheets are on the agenda for today along with working on the website. Nothing exciting as there's a storm today with lots of wind and rain so everyone who can stay home is staying home.

Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
I am going to break this up into a few posts because I am afraid of writing it all in one only to have it disappear into ?
Betsy thanks for the cheer leading image. I got the best belly laugh going. Now when we are in Alaska will we be doing a lot of walking? Are you walking in parks or places other then the gym to get used to that kind of walking? Do you get what I am trying to say? How does your IF work? I know I need to limit the times I eat or I just graze all day.
Terra I so wish I could go to your Music & Movement class with you. I would like those kinds of classes & everything is easier when shared with a friend. Does Scott ever offer to go for walks with you?
Porthardygurl Welcome! I did great on low carb and gluten free until I didn't. I found out I go down hill quickly when I try to eat like I used to and just substitute with sugar free or gluten free. I need to just stick to healthy fats, proteins, veggies, and a little fruit. I need to really restrict the GF bread, pasta, pizza,... Sugar is my biggest challenge. I'm sorry if I missed it but when you started after your partial regain did you start with low carb right away? You are doing wonderful. Keep up the good work!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #95  

Fi thank you so much for reposting about the yapping dog. I am going to use it! I have such a huge sugar problem. Glad you got to spend so much time with Grace. I really liked your rebel collage. Are the white dots from paint? I see you are still doing the leg lifts. Very impressive. What does Mike think of that? Just wondering if he would add something or change something.

Donna I am the worst procrastinator on the face of the earth. It is so easy to get overwhelmed. They have support forums for housework just like they do for weight loss. You have been through so much. Just start out with a goal of doing one thing a day. Sometimes we charge ahead, pull everything apart and then stop. It really is a lot like weight loss. Slow and steady. Maybe get a spray bottle of bleach as a starter for the mold. Stand squirt and walk away. Sending you a hug because God knows you need one.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #96  

Sam I know this advice is late but when the cravings/hunger hit eat a protein with a healthy fat. Avocados, bacon, deviled egg... As for that couple. I know people like them. Don't worry about them they have issues. Stay away and carry on with your life. I must tell you your latest side by side picture has been life changing for me. I visualize it all the time. Your starting picture is how I'm starting to look/feel again. I don't want that! I want to be my happy self like I was below 250. Your picture has made it all so clear for me. Hang in there Sam. You have been through so much and helped so many. Good karma is headed your way!

As for me life sure is wishy washy lately. I do know I want to get below 250 again. I do know I can & will do it. I know I have to stand up for myself.

See you tomorrow!!!
Old 01-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone quick check in while I have a minute to breathe between some work I brought home...Eeek! I know I'll hear it from Betsy!

Fi I am absolutely in LOVE with the Rebel Rebel collage!!!! I may actually print that one out and hang it somewhere if you didn't mind?

I haven't really gotten to catch up with all the reading but wanted to let you guys know I'm well. It's been a hectic week but I'm pushing through. Eating is going well...Doing my best to stay on track even with this TOM. It's coming to an end so I'll feel normal again soon. Pushed myself out of the house on Tuesday with a my girlfriend to get back and hit the gym. It really made me realize how much I've missed working out in the gym and not just at home. Plan on getting back there tomorrow too.

Work has still be steady so I'm doing what I can to play catch up so I don't get all stressed. My boss doesn't seem to be too worried if I don't get some of the work done that isn't an absolute thing I must get all done. It's just trying to requote people so that hopefully I can save them money on their insurance premiums. It's a service that we do each renewal for our clients to make sure we are offering them the best possible price. I try to do them a month ahead so I should be working or almost done with February's by now but with being on vacation I haven't even started. I'm caught up on all of my other work but can't seem to start because of everything new coming in. We brought our phones home tonight because we are in a freezing rain/ice advisory. I don't think anything will happen and I'm sure I'll be at work but I had to get my computer set up to work from home just in case. I spent over an hour on the phone with the technical support people. The guy was super sweet and fun to talk to at least so it wasn't terrible. I even got his personal extension in case I ever needed anymore help lol....So now that I'm set up here at home it will make things a lot easier for me if I need to do some stuff over the weekend or at night I won't have to worry about going to the office or staying late. I don't plan to do this every night but it will help me some. Plus if I ever have to call out of work I can still do some work from home.

Ok gotta finish up a couple things before bed. Will check in sometime this weekend. Love you all!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:10 PM   #98  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Sam— Thanks so much for what you said about my "rebel rebel" collage! If you'd like, I'll mail you the original. All my collages are designed to be put in the mail as postcards. It's called "mail art." Or if you want it to be protected from winter weather and other postal vagaries, I can send it inside an envelope. It's only 6" x 9", but I think the original will be much more vivid than any print you might make from the Web version. Just drop me your postal address in a private message, and it's yours! =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-21-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:53 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi again everyone I just thought I would share a development that is a pretty big deal for me. Today I joined up to a new gym, where I will be undertaking a diet and exercise challenge over the next several weeks. I was really scared about going back to the gym, however today, I put my big girl pants on and signed up. I even did a workout and LOVED IT! I am really excited about the next few weeks, everyone has been really supportive and I am feeling strong and determined again. Doctors visit wasn't overly great, I have yet another ovarian cyst, however I am determined to keep working at this. It didn't hurt today at all throughout my workout, so I have everything crossed that it will stay that way
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #100  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hiya caldawg. Well done for signing up to the gym and diet challenge!
Fi..I wanted to let you know how much I really appreciated your advice about ways to avoid/deal with the bugs I seem to be plagued with ( no pun intended!!). Thankyou . And Sam is right...your work is beautiful and very creative.
Betsy and Ubee...thank you for the advice. I have tackled a couple of problems and made a few phone calls to get the ball rolling and have ended the week feeling much less overwhelmed. I saw my best friend yesterday, only for a couple of hours in Cardiff my old home town, but it was like a tonic. She always ends our time together with a massive hug (or cwtch as we say in Wales!) and says "Love You". We have known each other 38 years and we just "get" each other.
I also met up with my brother (I drank ALOT of coffee yesterday!) as he had travelled to Cardiff on business. We were estranged when I was with my abusive Ex-husband ..I wasn't allowed to see any friends and family. Although I saw my brother at Ellen's wedding and a Christmas meal last year, yesterday was much more back to how we used to be. Relaxed and friendly. My sister-in-law is a dear and we have always gotten on well.
Although my diet has been a bit rubbish this week, I have taken the dogs to the park every day. It isn't a long walk but it is better than nothing and is what they need of course! Before, not staying on plan went totally hand in hand with not exercising at all so this is a bit of a change and I am pleased.
Well, have a great day, lovely Chickens,
God Bless,
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #101  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies, it's been a while. I see new names. Welcome to the forums. I haven't posted since July. I'm probably back up around 300 pounds. I'm afraid to look at the scale. Some things have happened. I want to be positive, but that feels impossible right now.

1) My relative that was on trial that I reported for potentially abusing girls put in a guilty plea deal. He got five years, most of which counted as time served. So he gets out next year. My family have all abandoned me, and sided with him. My mother told my siblings the same thing that she told me. Then she changed her story. My relative ruins girls' lives and gets a slap on the wrist. He didn't even serve all the time because they had him out on house-arrest for a while because his medical bills were costing the state money. He could've had more victims while he was on house-arrest. I wasn't even asked to testify. Sometimes I think that all guys are like this, so they can't put him away for a great amount of time because they would be hypocrites.

2). I got a job. I don't really expect it to go anywhere considering the field that I'm in.

3). I sprained my ankle about 4 weeks ago. It aches constantly now.

4). Not really feeling a reason to change other than not wanting to die and to stay mobile. I don't want to have people taking care of me. According to most of what I've read, at my age, I'm no longer attractive to men, so I can't have looking good as a motivation. I don't ever want another mate anyway. The kids need a good example, but they have other examples, and if my spouse leaves me for an 18-19 year old, there's their example.

I don't feel like there's a lot to look forward to.

I could've been lighter by now. Trying not to beat myself up over that. I've beat myself up enough over my lifetime.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 01:24 PM   #102  

Hi Everyone!
Welcome back tootsie!
Donna seeing loved ones is the best medicine of all.
caldawg good job facing your fears.
Fi how is the weather??? Just want you to know that yapping dog I borrowed from you is a great tool.
Sam is the work computer only for the storm or more permanent? If it is the permanent you will hear it from me also! Glad you are back to the gym.
Betsy did you wash away?
Terra are you getting any bad weather?
porthardygurl how are you?

My eating has improved greatly. Yelling at the yapping dog (aka my sugar cravings.) has been most helpful. Another new trick that is helping is that I spend a lot of time thinking of all of you and your experiences. You all give me strength and support. Thank you!
Old 01-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #103  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey there caldawg and tootsie, it's good to see you posting here again!

And Ubee, I'm so glad that you touched base: you're an important member of our little community, and don't you ever forget that! I know very well what it's like to struggle to really care one way or the other about being a fat woman. I was average-sized all the way up until I had my first big depression in 1988-90, in my early 30s, when the psych meds I had to take wreaked such havoc with my appetite and metabolism, I went from 140 to nearly 240 in just one year. The only way I could stand to look at myself in the mirror was to say I didn't care, that all I wanted was to get over being depressed (and intermittently manic, which was awful). I embraced the notion of being a happy fat person, and didn't do a thing about it until I was well over 50. Then, all of a sudden, I did care, because I knew that if I kept on gaining weight, I was going to die of diabetes or some other weight-related illness. I didn't—still don't!—want that to happen, because I was starting to really enjoy being an artist, and plus, it would be very hard on Bob if I died early. But even then, I struggled for years with craving sweets, with treating cookies as though they were drugs. So I would say to you, look around at the people who love you and don't want to lose you, and look around at the things that bring you joy, and draw your motivation from wanting as many decades as possible alive and well on this planet!

I must confess, I'm rather crabby today, despite the fact that I learned a couple of new Qi Gung exercises that are helping my legs feel much better, and despite the fact that I'm looking forward to the big snow storm that's supposed to blow our way soon. (I'm from Houston, so snow is always a thrill.) I've been having trouble with my sleep lately—waking up at four or five in the morning and unable to get back to sleep. It's a depression symptom, and the last thing I need right now is to get depressed.

So I hope that the snow will lift my spirits—and that we don't lose our power, which is a distinct possibility, since our electrical lines are above ground and subject to blowing down quite easily.

Anyway....

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-22-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #104  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon Everyone..

Ugh! I feel so exhausted today..can barely drag myself out of bed. Well, yesterday went well.. We took the 2 love-birds down island for the day. While down there, we enjoyed some shopping. I bought a mini donut hole maker. I am hoping to make a sugar free/gluten free coconut flour donut holes. Still debating what flavor- chocolate mint or cinnamon banana(bought a bananna flavoring from LorAnn Oils. Hoping to make mock banana bread.)

Today i was supposed to go to the pool BUT i slept in so late and missed the lap swim and realized i havent shaved my legs in awhile-yikes! Thinking of doing an HIIT session on my treadmill but i feel so depleated of energy..its like im missing some vitamin in my diet.

Oh by the way..had an amazing salad yesterday..so simple and low carb. It was sliced red onion and cucumber with tzitki dressing...sooooo good!! Could have used some grilled chicken to add to it. Our trip down island is 3 hours each way. That is- 3 hours till a grocery store. So when down island i picked up some 0 carb chicken/turkey peperoni and some 0 carb turkey jerky and stopped in at walmart and got a Protinis packet that has grilled chicken skewers and tzitki dip(single serve) Then i stopped in and got some russell stover sugar free low carb chocolates. My favorite being the chocolate mint patties..yum! Funny though i could only eat 3 then felt very satisfied..almost so sweet it was too much! Took away the chocolate craving.

Anywho..hoping you are all doing well..Sorry i havent responded to anyones posts..my brain has checked itself out the door and im barely awake..give me a few more hours of Zzs and then i can read through everyones posts
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi OMG!!!! Really you would send it to me??? I am beyond words! I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to have a one of a kind Fi piece!!! I'll pm you my address right after this post! Sorry you aren't feeling your best today. This weather I think has everyone in a weird way. Love youuuu!!!!

caldawg So happy to hear of your new challenge! That sounds great!!! I can't remember if you are the one with PCOS too (I'm assuming you do since you mentioned the cyst?). I have had several cysts on my ovaries for years. Last year they told me I was free and clear after working on my health for the year prior. I don't know if the weight loss or health habits changing had anything to do with it, but it can go away. They can be very painful so I feel you.

Donna Your day in Cardiff sounds amazing!! There is a makeup artist that I follow that I believe lives in Cardiff but I could be wrong. It's always nice to have a friend for so long. I became estranged from my oldest friend 6 years ago. It's a sad story but I just can't be friends with her anymore. Glad you and your brother are getting off well ...That's another story for me as well best saved for another time. Great job on the walks with the doggies!!!

Tootsie No matter what you may think you did the right thing by turning in your relative. As a victim of rape I never turned in the person who raped me. I regret it but at the time I was too afraid. It was my boyfriend's (now DH) best friend. I was 16...drugged and taken advantage of. I was so afraid of telling my mom because I was worried that she would some how turn it around that my boyfriend had something to do with it (yes she would have done that...she hated him at the time) that I didn't want to risk something happening to him. I don't believe in Karma but he ended up going to federal prison years later for multiple bank robberies in Portland. He got out, robbed a bank again, and last I checked he is still in jail. My mother to this day does not know what happened. I don't have the heart to tell her and it would just open the wound again. I know multiple people who are victims of molestation who never saw any justice. You didn't do this for yourself...you did it for them. If your family knows the truth but chooses to turn a blind eye to it then you are better off without them. You don't seem like you belong with those people anyway. I don't even know what you look like but I know you are a beautiful person with a big heart. Don't beat yourself up about the things you could've, should've done. It isn't too late to make changes. <3

Ubee It was for both actually. I don't plan on doing work at home all of the time but if there's a few things that are time sensitive it will be nice to be able to do it at home in my pj's then having to get dressed and go to my office to do it on the weekends. Also if for some reason I'm not able to go in to work but can still get things done at home. Glad that things are turning around. Don't give up...I love you and will always be here!

Port Your day down island sounds wonderful! Glad you had a great time!! No energy can make things hard sometimes. You're right you may be missing some vitamins. B12 is great for energy. I usually take a liquid version as I've seen better results with it then the sub-lingual tablets.

Quickly checking in as I need to get dinner started. Wanted to go to the gym after work but the weather is so nasty I didn't want to chance it getting icy while I was there so I did a Turbo Fire video. I'm pouring sweat and I feel GREAT!!! Off to make pork chili verde for dinner....Take care all!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote