Old 10-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like everyone is holding steady - so great to hear. We can do this!

I'm plugging along, still exercising 3x a week and increasing my steps by 100 each week. It's not alot but this week was scary for me to have to commit to myself on 4100 steps a day - the fantastic part is I have over 5000 each day. I know its only half of what I should be doing but I'm over the moon with it.

We go on vacation in 5 weeks. I'm really hoping not to need a seat belt extender.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #17  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I slipped back badly this weekend. It was enough to throw me into a tizzy and to toss out anything even resembling a trigger food that I had in the house, or car. I almost cried when I gave my jar of peanut butter to a neighbor. I still have my PB2 because it fulfills a need but doesn't make me want more and more, probably because there's no oils to stick to my mouth for hours after I've eaten it saying: "More! You can still taste me. You NEED more".

Good job Carol! I have friends who track their steps and we laugh when evening comes and they still need 500 more steps so they march during commercials on tv!
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

I'm still here and hanging in. Scales disagree though.
I have been on singular for a few months for allergies. I can't tell it's helping. I decided to read up a bit on it. Well I found many complaining of weigh gain. Some were working out 5 hours a wk and still gaining weight.
I have been having foot pain and cramps,again listed as a compliant. I think I have more congestion and that can be one also. So I am going off it! I can always go back on it. Oh and it can raise your bp. I sure don't need that!!
I had been thinking this was part of the "change" now I'm hoping it was from meds.
I will keep you updated.
Calories were right at 1600 today. Exercise was lacking today.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

How to you all feel about keeping this thread going longer rather than month to month?
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:39 PM   #20  

Fine with me to keep it going.
I can't believe it's Nov. already!!!
Calories were really low yesterday and on track today. Lots of exercise yesterday and none today. Busy week here with grandkids. I LOVE it but it does keep me cooking.
My goal is to lose 5lbs by thanksgiving.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Mind if I Join? It is even harder to keep fit at my age (over 70). I have been looking for an active thread and this seems to fit the bill.

I lost 2 pounds yesterday and another 2 pounds today.

I have been on on Atkins Induction for 195 days now. I have been strict with myself and I never cheated during that time. Did not go off for my birthday in July and I will not go off for Thanksgiving even though we are having out of town guests and I am the cook. I will prepare a traditional feast and will limit myself to less than 10 grams of carbs.

Everyone is noticing and commenting on my weight loss. It sure feels good to hear all that positive reinforcement.

Had four blackened medium chicken legs for lunch and for dinner a huge 12 oz can of tuna with Kraft Real Mayo, Dill relish and I spiced it up with a liberal amount of Frank's Hot Sauce. Tasted good, I will do that again.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #22  

I'm fine with it.

I need to step back, not from 3FC, but to work hard on understanding why I'm sabotaging myself.

Hi Larry, it's nice to see you.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #23  

Still struggling. GRRRR!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #24  

After an up and down, mostly NOT OP, couple of weeks I got my butt to WW for a meeting and weigh in. I stood there, on the scale, with my head down dreading hearing "Up 5 lbs." and there stood my leader, grinning. All I could think of was "this is not funny", then she said "It's REALLY not that bad. You are down 3.6 lbs." I looked up and asked "Are you sure?????". She was. Now I wish I had tracked more carefully. I know I was able to rein in a few binges and cut way back on dinner if I'd gone way off track but I still can't believe I'd lost ......anything!

Meeting was the annual "How are you going to fill your Thanksgiving plate?" Lots of great reminders and she ended with the following quote, which is very appropriate for the holiday season:

Happy people are not always thankful.
Thankful people are always happy!

Last edited by j-ann; 11-19-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #25  

Had to weigh in a day early this week and lost another pound! WooHoo.

Wishing all of my friends in the USA a lovely Thanksgiving tomorrow. We all have so much to be thankful for.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #26  

YooHoo. Anybody out there??????

I had a pretty much POP week. Lost another 1.2 lbs. YAY for me!

It's been a pretty quiet week for me. Not much going on. Shopping almost done and decorating's done. I hung my wreath That's it. Need to start my cards next.

Miss you all! Come on out and chat.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #27  

I'm here!! Had a CRAZY month. My daughter came in on Halloween and announced I had to go pick out carpet for our Christmas present. Well that lead to hall and stairs getting carpet also. Which included me painting it all. I was sore in places I forgot I had. Just now starting to recover.
Food has been pretty good. Scales goes back and forth but I know it's not bad so I'm ok. Even started using the gazelle. Adding a minute a day.
Found out today I'm having company for a week or so. It's ok because it's family. Just keeping me BUSY!!
Carol has me using a Fitbit and I'm working on my steps.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #28  

Deb, you are the busiest person, yet you find the time to exercise, prepare healthy meals and live a blessed, full life. I am envious of how much you can juggle and still find time for you.

I had a pretty much POP week. Lost another 1.2 pounds. This means I've lost 3 weeks in a row. Maybe, just maybe, I'm getting it together. I hope so. WW is releasing a revamp of it's program starting tomorrow. I sincerely hope it doesn't throw me into a tizzy. As much as I preach that change is good I, sometimes, don't deal with it well.

It sure doesn't feel like Winter here. Not icy cold. No sticking snow yet. Green grass. Today I actually saw an ant strolling across the terrace. (Do ants stroll??)
Old 12-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 331 lbs.

Height: 5'4"

Talking Hi Ladies I am new to 3FC and I don't where to begin.

I am looking for weight loss buddies. I am 46 and 324lbs, Jan 15, 2014 I got on the scale and I was 355lbs so I decided to start consciously trying to lose weight, so I have been trying different diets, Atkins, Carbohydrates Addict, Juice Fasting and I did lose weight but I couldn't stick with it. I decided to just try eating healthier and have been fluctuating between 330lbs & 341lbs for the last year. Last Sunday I went to read something and my vision was so bad, I wasn't sure if it was high blood pressure or high blood sugar but I don't want to lose my eyes so I started googling eye health and came across intermittent fasting for eye health. There was a lot of good research on 16 hour fasting, 20 hour fasting & 24 hour fasting and how it helps the body by limiting digestion to a few hours of eating and giving your body the other16, 20 or 24 hours to focus on cell regeneration and cell repair which would help my eyes, boost immune system, decrease inflammation in the body (less aches & pains), increase HGH for energy and vitality, it also claims major weight loss as well. I decided to try it really for my eyes and the increased energy and health benefits and so far to my surprise I started Monday at 331lbs and yesterday I was 324lbs, I also feel great! Losing weight, feeling better most of the day (you do get a headache the last hour of your fast, but then your fine), having more energy and turning on age reversing immune boosting cell repairing hormones! This is the life for me, I think I found something I can stick too the best part is for 16 hours I don't think about what I can have or what I can't have and when my 8 hours is on I can eat whatever I want or what ever I have on hand, I hate having to make special meals for myself. I cannot believe that yesterday I had chefboyardee ravioli for lunch and coffee with sugar and cream, KFC chicken with mash and gravy for dinner, for a snack while watching TV I had hot cheese popcorn and plantain chips plus two chocolate Hershey kisses and got on the scale and still lost 3 more pounds that's incredible! Now I know that is not healthy eating, so I start my eating window 12:30pm to 8:30pm with a glass of milk, a multivitamin, an omega 3 oil tab, a vitamin b complex, a colace and an enteric coated 81mg aspirin, I also try to get in 2 tablespoons of Chia seed for fiber. During my 16 hours of fasting I drink hot water with Lemon, water or coffee with 1 tablespoon of half n half no sugar, I'm not usually hungry after dinner its a big plate though, and I think the fasting is helping with the cravings also I remind myself I can have that tomorrow. So far for me this way of eating fits perfectly into my lifestyle. Now its only been a couple of days and the scale on Tuesday day 1 said 330.2 so I only lost .8lbs, Wednesday day 2 the scale went back to 331, Thursday day 3 the scale dropped to 327.2, Friday day 4 the scale dropped to 324, Saturday day 5 the scale is 324.6 but I'm not worried because it seems to rise and then fall again, which I am fine with as long as it continues to go down again lower. Most of the time I feel great except the last hour or two before the 16 hours is up, I get tired and then a headache, but your suppose to add 8 minutes of exercise before the first meal to burn extra fat because you are already burning fat as fuel. So I started walking around the block twice its about 16 minutes on Wednesday, and the headache stops as soon as you start exercising and you get a nice burst of energy as well. I feel great most of the time, I feel like I have more energy, my eyesight has definitely improved and my knees seem to feel better too. All in all I am liking this lifestyle, I'm not calling this a diet, it doesn't feel like one and probably because I am staying away from that negative term. So that is my story so far, like I said I am looking for weight loss support buddies to talk to and keep each other on point.

Last edited by JennyJen27; 12-05-2015 at 05:42 PM.
JennyJen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #30  

Hi Jen,

Welcome!

I'm not "up" on this plan so I can't help much. I would definitely see a doctor, or med professional about your vision changes. This is nothing to ignore. Also talk to someone about whether the supplements you are taking could compromise any meds you may be taking. There are fasting threads on 3FC who can give you more information.

Good luck on your journey to a healthier self. It's a goal we all strive for.