Old 08-21-2015, 05:15 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Sam and Emily, thanks for the kind words. I hope you both are doing well this week.

Ubee, glad to hear things are getting back on track for you.

Terra, sorry about the weight gain. Does your doctor have any advice on how you could lose rather than gain?

My week has been so-so eating wise and I'm still a few pounds up from my ticker weight but working on getting back there and below. I found some videos of chair exercises on YouTube that are geared toward obese people or those who aren't able to stand or walk easily and I think I'm going to give them a try.

I hope you are doing well. I will check in again soon.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 AM   #47  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Cindy ~ Its okay, It happens, Doctor put me on new med's, They dont "make" you lose weight but they "help" you lose weight if that makes sense
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #48  

Sam - Awesome to hear that your DH is getting into exercise. It's great when you guys can do things together -- makes you stronger.

Ubee - Good for you! Getting your mind and environment on track is key.

Terra - Glad to hear your appointment went well. Don't let the weight gain in the past two months get you down. It's behind you now. Breaking through barriers, what could you (happily) do today that would move you forward from where you were yesterday? Notice I emphasized happily. I know I totally sound like a broken record, but I do truly subscribe to the philosophy that you have to find stuff you like/love doing to want to do it every day. Keep at it, one day at a time!

Cindy - Awesome that you found some chair exercises on Youtube that you can do. You totally got this--and every little bit of movement counts. Just find things you like doing and keep practicing them. A few months ago, I started adding 30-60 second bouts of "additional" walking into my day a couple of times a day. (I would pace up/down my hallway). At the time it felt like an insurmountable target because I had virtually no extra energy in me after getting through the my day-to-day "must-do" tasks. But even that little bit of activity was enough to act as a catalyst for change. As I kept practicing integrating additional movement in to my day-to-day life, I found that the movement was making me feel good (reducing stress / reducing pain / improved mood / better sleep / better digestion, etc.) which made me want to keep at it. Now I actually really enjoy and look forward to moving beyond the regular day-to-day activities.

Sort of as an aside, I'm not sure if you have heard of Jesse Shand (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/350-...e-journey.html). He used to weigh 650 pounds and has lost over 350 pounds through nutrition and exercise adjustments. He started much the same way - very small steps. Flapping his arms when he could, chair exercises, walking/pacing back and forth in his home, etc. His long-term success from those small daily steps is nothing short of amazing and inspiring.

My update:

Overall I've had a very good week. Yesterday in particular was great:

I took advantage of one of my few remaining Fridays off of work and went to a different trail to explore. I thought the trail was just another walking trail (albeit longer than some of the other ones I've went to), but as I was progressing through my walk, I realized that the latter part of the trail was definitely geared more towards hiking. Unstable terrain, rocks, hills. Instead of turning around, I kept on going.

I was a bit nervous with my footing at times, but went slow and enjoyed the experience. It took me approximately 90 minutes to get to the end of the trail and back. From only being able to walk 30-60 seconds to now enjoying walking/hiking for 90 straight minutes still makes me smile!

Yesterday I also got lab results back from blood work that I recently had done. I am no longer pre-diabetic and every one of my tests came back in the 'optimal' zone. I couldn't be any happier.
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #49  
Turning Into A New Woman

Emily ~ Yeah I'm trying to not beat myself up over the weight gain. I do enjoy my VB work out though. I also enjoy walking outside when the weather is nice.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:49 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone!

I am finally able to post from my computer after trying to write something from my phone the past couple weeks when I've posted. I just dropped DH at the recording studio...His band is working on a new song for their album today, so I'll actually be doing some much needed cleaning. It's really hard for me to get mad at DH for not pitching in and helping me. In case some of you didn't know he's disabled and with his depression it's hard for me to get him to do really anything...That's why I'm so happy to see that he's actually trying to exercise and go to the gym with me. Maybe once he starts to feel better it will be easier for him to want to help keep the house clean. Needless to say my whole day will be taken up cleaning because it looks atrocious here. My best friend who now lives in Wilmington, NC is supposed to me coming for a visit next weekend so I don't want to have to scramble to get the house in order next week before she comes. We're supposed to go shopping for dresses for a friend's upcoming wedding. I really wanted to wear that swanky Calvin Klein dress my FIL got me but it's supposed to be a really casual wedding on the beach and I feel as though I might be over dressed in it.

Sassy I meant to say something to you awhile ago, but with all the craziness going on here right now I'm just now getting the cobwebs and fog cleared. I wanted to thank you for being so sweet in saying I inspired you...That means more to me than you'll ever know. I've struggled to lose weight my entire life...and I don't really know why it clicked this time and I've been successful in losing the weight I have so far, but it's working for me. One thing I've told myself while doing this is if I can inspire one person on their journey as I go along on mine, that will make me feel amazing to know I can help someone. I know how impossible it can feel like you'll never lose the weight, you'll never feel healthy, you'll never do it and everyone around you will look at it as another failed attempt on your part and you'll never do it. I want you to know not to listen to anyone tell you that you can't do it. Tell yourself every day that you WILL do it. When I first started losing weight this time I didn't tell anyone, not even my husband because I thought if I failed at least no one would know and I wouldn't have to worry about the hurtful things I know people around me would think. I think for me that helped a lot because I had no one to prove it to but myself. I still have no reached my goal and who knows may never reach my goal, but I am SO proud of myself and how far I've come and I'm not giving up now....I will continue to work for this for as long as it takes. I really want this more than anything and this has been my main focus in my life since I've started. I am ALWAYS here if you ever need someone to talk to privately, if I can offer you any advice or if you ever have any questions...Please reach out to me, I would love to help you any way I can.

Ubee I'm glad you're still posting...Keep going, you WILL do this my friend, I believe in you!

Cindy Had a good week for the most part...Youtube has so many awesome videos for working out. I haven't done many in awhile but one of my favorite channels is Fitness Blender. They have so many videos I'm sure there will be something you can do, or do it modified. Chair exercises are great I hope they work out for you There used to be an awesome yoga video geared towards heavier people that I did when I was first starting out. It loved it because I had never done yoga before and it was something that took into account that I wouldn't be able to stand on my head lol...The last time I went to watch it, it had been removed I was so bummed.

Emily Taking small steps and turning them into big ones is definitely key I agree! When I first started out I was in a different office location than I am now for work so I had my own office where it wasn't open and people couldn't see me unless they walked by. I used to get up a few different times a day and do different stuff like high knees, leg lifts in my chair, etc. I actually looked up different exercises I could do while in the office and would do as many as I could throughout the day and I think it helped me a lot. I am so happy to hear of your long hike! That's great!!! I love hiking too but around here the ground for the most part is flat with a few small hills. I'm still looking for the perfect place around here that has a few challenges with hiking but I think I'll have to go more inland in the state where there's mountains to do that. Happy about your test results too!! WOO HOO you kicked that pre-diabetes boo-tay!!! Keep goin girl you're doing amazing!!!

Hello to everyone else!! Anybody know where Betsy and Fi have gone off to? I hope they're doing alright...I get nervous and worry about our friends who don't post as often as they used to.

So....drum roll please......I FINALLY GOT TO MOVE MY TICKER TODAY!!!!! I think I'm finally breaking my plateau and now weigh 222.8!!! I was between 225-226 this week so I think I did pretty good!! I think the last time DH told me he's down to 253, so I think he's lost 3 pounds this week too!! I really am so proud of him and let me tell you guys, he's giving me a run for my money!!! It's nice to have him going to the gym with me because if there's a day where I might want to take a rest...I usually have a scheduled rest day of Wednesday and Sunday, but if he asks if I want to go and it's a rest day I'm not saying no because I want him to go...So we're doing great!!! Yesterday we were going to go on a walk or to the gym after we did some things around town, but we did so much walking doing some shopping and pricing some things to upgrade my turtle's tank that we were pooped afterwards and I was ok with that. I may even still go on a walk today depending on how tired I am after cleaning house...There is so much to do. When we were around town yesterday we went to Goodwill and I finally found me a coffee/spice grinder!! It was only $2.92...I also found me a cool Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt and DH found a Felix the Cat shirt he liked. I just need to wash them first but I tried mine on and it fits me perfectly!!

Well I've finished my breakfast and coffee....I've got my caffeine buzz going so I better get to work. Hope everyone has a great day and remember, take things one day, one meal, one workout, one rep at a time...We WILL do this!!! <3 <3 <3
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #51  
Turning Into A New Woman

Hello Everybody,

Good Evening, Its 6:30 p.m. here right now. I got home around 4:30 today, I'm glad I get to stay home tomorrow. Anyway here soon I'm gonna start learning the big bus cause the small bus is just too expensive every month. So thats something new I'll start doing but I wont be able to buy a bus pass for the big bus until next Friday. I might give my current bus pass to one of my friend's. She still uses the small bus so it will go to some use and it wont be a waste of 68 dollars. Anyway I hope everyone is having a good night. Take Care Everybody.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #52  

Hi everyone.

Where is everyone? We had so many new people check in in July's thread. I was hoping they would stay with us.

I'm doing well. Still about a pound up from my ticker and hoping that is gone by the end of the week. My negative coworker and friend is stressing me out this week. Yesterday I almost went to vent to my boss and warn him that I was about to tell her to shut up. Aside from being negative she is very loud, as if she doesn't have an "inside voice". I put my headphones on and blasted my music instead to drown her out. She wasn't there today so it was a better day. Another friend, the one who actually inspired me to lose weight, asked today if I had started exercising yet (no I haven't) and then she told me I would lose weight faster if I did, and I should start, and what am I waiting for. She's probably right that I would lose faster if I burned more calories, but, the point is this is my journey, not hers, and I felt like she was really being pushy about it. I had originally told her I would start when I lost 50 lbs.- the same thing I said here a while ago. The difference is here no one told me I should start now. You encouraged me but still recognized it's my decision. Not exactly sure where I'm going with all this, but I just want to say you guys get it and thank you for being here.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I am here but mostly lurking.
Cindy you are right no one can tell us what to do. If that was the case we would have never gotten to 300+. We have to figure out so much and then just do it, and stick with it.
Terra how are the new meds?
Sam stand up and take a bow! 222.8! Any chance we get to see a picture of you in that swanky dress?
Emily great news on your lab results and hiking adventure!
Hi to everyone else.
I am on one heck of a sugar splurge. I am so close to turning the corner. I am not giving up.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #54  
sassyfluff

S/C/G: 346/329.4/...

Height: 5' 5"

Sam Thank you for responding. I had assumed you probably had not seen what I had written in the midst of the drama you were going through with your cousin and your mother. It meant the world to me to log in today, scroll through and see a response. Sweet isn’t exactly the word people use to describe me so it was hoot to see you thank me for being sweet. Please don’t thank me. I was being completely honest and if anything, I thank you. You helped it all "click for me".

As you did, I also have not told a soul except for my partner who is attempting to lose weight with me. I wanted to keep it to myself for fear of judgement and because let’s be honest, everyone talks. You are right. I am proving it to no one besides myself.

AMAZING. 222.8. Absolutely amazing. That goes to show anyone. It can be done. Your weight loss is ridonculous. Love it. Don’t think DH is the only one coming for you… I will be there someday! Its great that DH has joined you on the journey. I’m finding that having someone at home who is on your team is a great motivation.

And I second Ubee’s request, we want to see a picture of you in the swanky CK dress!

Ubee Glad you are getting ready to turn the corner. I made my coffee this morning and instead of my usual four packets of sugar… I pretended to not notice and only used three. Haha. Coffee wasn’t as great but I am sure it will get better when I forget again tomorrow. Let us know how it goes…

Cindy I put my headphones on at least once a day at work… lol. Glad you didn’t tell her to shut up though.

Sounds like you may have to keep your journey details away from them for awhile. You are right, she/he isn’t going to do anything but cause stress and frustration which won’t help your progress. It is your journey. No one else’s. I’m not looking forward to friend and family input when they notice my weight loss… they wont understand that its my journey.

Terra Thank you for the welcome to the forum a couple weeks back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a crazy month. I have begun a journey that will hopefully change my life.

THIS Sunday will be our (I am doing this with my partner, YC) 4 week weigh-in. August 2nd = 346lbs. Excited. Nervous. And I can’t wait to see what I weigh in at on Sunday. I am not committing to any big goal but my mini-goal is 330lbs so I am curious as to how close I can come. Once I reach 330lbs, we’ll see what my next goal is.

For the most part I have not seen too many friends and family... This weekend I am having a family BBQ at my place on Saturday and then I am going to a birthday party on Sunday. It’s probably over a month since I have seen anyone but this weekend I see EVERYONE. I am not expecting them to notice anything and I almost don’t want them to notice anything. I have sworn YC to secrecy and even rehearsed lines if someone were to say something or notice. I am not ready to have people keep track of progress and criticize for whatever reason.

Weekend should be fun… I have gotten really good at calorie counting (which is the only thing I have been doing the past four weeks) and I don’t anticipate any problems eating in front of people. Last week someone asked if I wanted a bottle of water or a can of soda and I said both. Then towards the end of the meal “Oh man, I didn’t even get to drink my soda. Oh well, here, just put it back in your fridge”. Wink, wink. I know it may seem weird that I am going the extra length to hide my journey but I am just not ready yet to let people know.

I will check back in on Monday and let you guys know how my weigh-in went. Wish me luck.
sassyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #55  

Ubee, glad to hear you're still lurking and not giving up.

Sassy, good luck with your weigh-in Sunday and with spending time with the family. It sounds like you are doing great so I'm sure it will be a good one.

I don't really say much to my friend at work unless she asks me how I'm doing. I know she means well, but we are very different people in the way we approach things. I'm just going to do what I'm doing because I'm doing it for me, not for anyone else. I have told some people mainly to keep me accountable and because there are a few people in my life that I share pretty much everything with.

I have been counting calories lately, probably for the past month, using a site from where I work, that also shows fat, protein, carbs, fiber and sugar. It says I can have up to 1800 calories a day, but I rarely do, unless I eat too much (or any) crap. Recently I wanted to start using My fitness pal so I downloaded it to my phone and that says I can have 2000 calories a day, which seems like way too much to me. Another tracker I looked at called Fat Secret allows me 1600. So, I really am not sure how many calories I should eat, but normally I eat between 1100 and 1500 a day, and seem able to lose weight with that, and the important thing is that I'm not hungry.

I have a busy day planned for tomorrow. I have a mammogram first thing in the morning, then a haircut, and grocery shopping. In the afternoon, DH and I are going fishing at our new favorite park, and have a picnic again.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #56  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ The new med's are working well. Thanks for asking.

Sassyfluff ~ Your welcome for the Welcome message to the thread and the forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning Guys and Gals,

Its 8:30 a.m. right now here in Kansas. I'm currently making my lunch. I wont eat it until 11:30/Noon though. I thought it doesnt hurt to cook it early and then just heat it up when I'm ready to eat it. Today I need to work out and clean the bathroom so I'll do that here in a few mins. I've decided to stay with para transit until Jan. when I have to fill out the paper work and do a physical test in order to use para transit again next year, I havent ever had to do a physical test before so I'm kinda nervous about it cause I dont know what the physical test in tells but I'm sure I'll do fine. I hope everyone is having a great Friday Morning.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-28-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have not posted in a while but the good news is I have not missed a day being on my Atkins plan.

The bad news is: I was in an Albany, NY hospital ER this past Sunday evening. After our Adirondack trip with my son I was loading my bike into the trailer in the dark. Walking beside it up the ramp and slipping the clutch in first gear when I lost control and the bike rolled backward down the ramp and tipped over on me trapping my right leg under 553 pounds of motorcycle. As a lay there trapped the true biker in me came out because my first thought was is the bike damaged? (It was not). I discovered that given the proper motivation that I can bench press my 553 pound motorcycle to an upright position while laying in my back trapped under it. I was even able to put the kick stand down while laying on my back. My son came out to check on me about then and he saw the bike upright on the kick stand and me still laying on the ground and asked what happened. After explaining to him I got up and loaded my bike by myself as I had started to. My son wanted to do it for me but I was stubborn. After tying it down my leg started hurting really bad and I felt a hematoma (swelling) that was huge almost football size around the knee and thigh. My grandson who is a paramedic looked at it and took me to the hospital. No broken bones but the doctor says this can be dangerous because it is so large. I am at my sons now with a walker, my leg is wrapped, I have to keep it elevated, Iced and I must see an Orthopedic doctor within 2 days. I am told this may take up to 6 weeks to heal.

UPDATE
Twenty four hours after dropping my motorcycle on my leg. I went to the Albany, NY Bone & Joint Center for a followup appointment. The good news is I have full knee function and the xrays show no bone or joint damage. I will go there again next Friday for another follow up.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:09 AM   #58  
Turning Into A New Woman

STOP

Go to the Sept. Thread