Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Default 300+ Chat Thread, August 2015

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 08-01-2015 at 08:27 AM.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #2  

Morning!!

Sorry I haven't quite got in the groove of posting regularly again, but I am doing very well with eating on plan and exercising.

Terra: Thank you for your kind words. DH's grandmother lived for a long time and I think she was ready to go. We are just glad she does not have to be in anymore pain.

Ubee: Sorry I haven't been around as often as I would have been after getting back from WV, but I am doing alright so don't worry . Patio is coming along. I still am finding the right day to paint my patio furniture. It's been too hot and humid to do it recently. I bought some cool string lights on clearance at Target and will probably get around to hanging those today. Not sure if we will get the pallet bench I want done but if not that's something maybe we can work on this fall when the weather isn't so hot. My plants are doing well. I need to prune my herbs but everything is going nice. I ended up having to get rid of the over the door shoe holder for my herbs because it was keeping the roots from being able to spread out and grow more. I was pretty bummed about it. The idea was cool but I don't think the people that I got the idea from really researched and knew what would happen after planting.

I've started going back to the gym a couple days a week instead of working out at home every day. I'm trying to mix things up so everything isn't so consistent and maybe that will get me losing pretty well again. My eating is doing very well. I'm eating more calories and I think that is helping me a lot with energy and losing weight.

I bleached my hair last night to prep it for coloring my hair purple. I got my hair done 3 weeks ago and after one week it almost completely washed my color out. I'm getting tired of paying money and my hair not turning out the way I want so I'm going to start coloring it myself and just getting it cut. One of my good friends was coloring and cutting my hair and I feel like she was purposefully coloring my hair to where it isn't as colorful as I would like because she does her hair crazy colors too and it always looks amazing. I think it might be an attention thing or something...but it's pretty petty. I found a website that sells the same stuff you can find in a salon and don't have to have a license to buy so that's where I'll continue to purchase my supplies.

I'm being way too chatty this morning lol...I think it's the caffiene. Anyway, have a great day all!!
Old 08-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 102

Ubee Hi

Terra1984 Hi

emilyFIT Huge on you nearly 50 pound loss, Keep up the good work!

Cindylh I enjoy shopping at farm stands, but since I am on Atkins Induction I do not buy much there any more. Now the butcher shop is another story.

SamIAm86 I use empty gallon milk jugs to grow herbs in.
http://indulgy.com/post/iZTPP0qB2/milk-jug-herb-garden

I can't believe it is August already. Here is how my July went.

4/19 307 Started Atkins Induction

7/1 267
7/6 265
7/13 263
7/15 260
7/22 258
7/23 255
7/30 253
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Sam, thanks for starting the August thread. I'm glad your eating and exercise are going well. Please post a picture of your purple hair once you color it.

Larry, you did very well in July with your weight loss. I was not as disciplined as I should have been and as a result I'm the same weight I was a month ago.

Had a good day today. Did some fishing this afternoon and stayed on plan all day. Tomorrow we're going fishing again, and I will be on plan again. It's a new month and I'm determined to start losing weight again.

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #5  

Larry: Good idea on the milk jug gardening. I'll have to try that. Great job with your weight loss, that's fantastic!!

Cindy: Glad you had a great time fishing yesterday. Here's how my hair turned out: https://instagram.com/p/54kspOJ3MQ/

It turned out a lighter purple than what I am used to with that color line and I figured out its because this formula is one that won't transfer on to clothes and won't bleed even after its washed out. The other formula's purple looks darker. I probably will only keep it like this for a week or two while my hair repairs from the bleaching I did. I was stupid and ordered two more tubes of the same color and had to email the company this morning to see if they can cancel my order so I can order the other purple and will just do a base color of a deeper violet brown and then do streaks of the purple and maybe teal or silver.

My FIL is in town this week so we'll be doing a lot with him. Hope to still be able to get my workouts in. He's staying right on the beach so we'll probably be getting some sun today when we go see him. DH amd I are about to go wash and wax our car and my grandma's car after he finishes cleaning the turtles tank. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great Sunday!!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #6  

Sam, I love your hair. Thanks for sharing. I get what you mean about wanting a darker shade but it is a very pretty purple. I hope you have a good day at the beach today.

We decided to stay home today. We both got a little too much sun yesterday and we're feeling the effects today. Plus I have food prep to do for the week.

Finally, the scale is moving again and I broke the 40 lb. mark. Amazing what happens when I eat right.

Has anyone tried Quinoa? I keep hearing good things about it and have found some recipes that sound good, so I think I'm going to get some soon and experiment.

Have a good afternoon. I'm off to make a big salad for the next few days and cut up some celery.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #7  

Default Atkins Induction Day 104

I rode my Motorcycle with friends 240 miles yesterday in New York along the Hudson River and up into the Adirondack Park. We stopped at the Dinosaur BBQ in Troy for lunch. The only thing on the menu suitable for Atkins was the chicken wings (not breaded) so I ordered the bakers dozen. 13 wings. At home in the evening I fixed scrambled eggs cooked in lard to increase the fat content.

It must have been good choices because this morning I am down 3 more pounds to 250 even. I am knocking on the door of the 240's.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
Larry sounds like a nice ride. Soon to be in the 240's? Sounds even better.
Cindy so happy to hear you have broke the 40 mark and are staying on track. Good bye 300"s!
Sam thanks for starting the new thread. Relieved you are not going any where. I agree with Cindy I love the color of your hair. Time on the beach sounds lovely. Enjoy it.
I am still giving in to sugar BUT I am not giving up. I am going to keep showing up to gain my mental strength back.
Thanks for being here!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #9  

Hey Guys,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...I am having such a hard time with getting life in order and having a flow with things ever since DH's Granny passed. We went to visit DH's dad at their beach house on Sunday. It was nice and we had dinner with him. Yesterday DH had band practice and I tried going to the gym while he was doing that. I figured that it would be the only day I would be able to get any exercise in while my FIL is in town. Got to the gym and jumped on the treadmill. 12 minutes in I started to feel so shaky and thought I may pass out so I had to stop. I just couldn't get a grip on everything so I ended up leaving. Now it's confession time. I'm pretty sure the reason I had that happen is because of the sugar I consumed before I went ...I went to the grocery store to get some veggies to go with dinner and of course I passed by some rocky road fudge that was on sale so I bought a small package that had 4 small pieces in there. I was going to save some for DH and only have a little bit, but on the way home I mindlessly ended up eating all 4 pieces. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing so well and then something like that happens. I really wish that I could get everything in life in order so I can go back to losing. I guess I'm just getting a little discouraged with everything and in my mind I tell myself to keep going but sometimes feel like giving up. But if I give up and don't watch everything I eat I will for sure gain it back, there's no doubt about that. I guess it's true when they say when you lose weight and you get comfortable where you are you will still have to fight every day of your life to keep yourself from gaining the weight back. I feel like I am so close but yet so far. I need to do something to get the weight moving again...one of which is not to snack on little things here and there that I shouldn't be eating. Lately I've been craving sugar like a mad person...I keep having to tell myself to stop. I know I'm no where near as bad as I was in the past before losing all this weight but all I'm doing is prolonging my weight loss which is what I want more than anything....sigh...I'll get there I just need to keep my head straight, and since my routine and life has gotten out of whack it's been hard to get my head back in the game. Next week my cousin is going to be here for a week and I just want to scream because I want my normal routine back!!!!

Cindy Glad you like my hair My boss really liked it so I guess instead of my usual plan of coloring it tomorrow I'm just going to keep it like it is for a little while until it needs to be colored again and will figure something else out then. Glad you and DH had a good time this weekend

Ubee I promise I'm not going anywhere..I just need to bust @$$ to get everything back in order and feel like my normal self again. My house is a wreck and I haven't been able to meal prep for 2 weeks now...I know that's throwing everything even more out of whack. My food choices during the day haven't been bad, it's been on plan, but then I do something to screw the day up like I did with the fudge yesterday. I'm hoping that my FIL won't fix anything too bad for me or if we go out to eat there's something on the menu that isn't bad for me. We are planning to stay with them on Thursday and Friday, they are leaving on Saturday. I just need some motivation...HELP!!! Wish we lived closer I feel like it would help us both be accountable. Sending you hugs and thanks for always being here <3

Enjoy your day everyone! We can do this...I'm not going to give up, and you shouldn't either!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:03 PM   #10  

Hi everyone.
Sam I hear you loud and clear about the routine. Funny (not really) about the fudge, I had some this weekend. It was the first time in years. Yes, it will be a constant battle but we can do it. I sometimes have a moment of feeling like giving up, then I realize that person is gone. I know I will work on this the rest of my life. The person who used to give up and gain it all back no longer exists. I think it is the same for you. We can do this Sam!
We can all do this!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #11  

Sam - Nice hair! Sorry to hear about the loss of your DH's granny. I hear you about wanting/needing routine. I'm a little on edge about this coming week because it will be a complete routine disruption. I have a course that starts this Saturday and runs every day from Saturday until Friday (from 8am to 6pm most days). I'll be in a hotel for those days (something I haven't yet faced since starting my journey back in June). It will really be up to me to make the healthiest choices I can with what's available.

Cindy - Congrats on breaking the 40 pound mark!

Larry - What kind of motorcycle do you drive? I've been on the back of a couple of dirt bikes in my life but never had the guts to try a motorcycle. Everyone I know who drives one though is in love with them though. Maybe something I will try down the road!

Ubee - Love the words of encouragement. Yes, we can and will all do this!
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.

Larry, I love the Adirondacks. So beautiful and rural there. The 240s sound wonderful too.

Ubee, I want to tell you that there isn't anything wrong with a little sugar, but I'm guessing you are on a plan that doesn't allow it. The important thing to remember is that it's ok to make mistakes along the way. This is a journey and a learning process and all of us are going to slip up now and then. You know I have, and I'm sure I will again. We're human, not perfect. And that's ok. You just keep trying. And we will just keep trying right along with you. I'm not going anywhere either.

Sam, I also find it very hard to stay on track when my routine is interrupted. That's probably why weekends are so difficult for me. I think we just have to do the best we can in those situations. As for this always being a fight I think you're right. I read something recently that said people who lose a lot of weight will always have to be more vigilant about what they eat than people who have always been at a lower weight. But I'm not going to let that stop me. Have you ever been thin or fit? I haven't and I want to know that feeling. I wish I had taken on this challenge when I was your age, but it isn't too late. You will get there. We all will get there.

Emily, nice to see you again. What course are you taking?

I wanted to post more but fatigue is taking over and my mornings start early. Everything is fine though. I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #13  

Good morning.
Cindy I am allowed sugar. However, I can never just stop with one. A cookie has 10,000 calories in my world. One cookie will upset my apple cart and 10,000 calories latter I will finally get back on track. Keep up the good work. You are right it is never too late.
Emily you are doing so well. While you are at the hotel take time to pamper yourself. The best thing about hotels is that there is no housework demanding your attention. I am sure you will make great choices.
I am bound and determined to do this.
Have a healthy day.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #14  

Ubee Thanks hun, I needed that. I get so much love and comfort from you, but you're always there to smack me around too when I need to snap out of things. We will do this. I'm realizing that I shouldn't put a time frame on anything other than keep chugging along and the weight will come off when it's good and ready. I may not make my goal this year, but I won't keep trying. Thanks for always being here <3

Emily Thank you It really is hard to get back on track when something interrupts your normal routine. I never realized how much I like to stick to the same thing every day so it doesn't mess up my health goals. I guess that's why I don't really do much of anything other than going to work and going to the gym or exercising in some way. I hardly ever hang out with friends anymore and I feel bad about it but I just don't see where I have any time. I hope everything goes ok with your new class. Remember be careful of anything that has sauces, dressings, etc. with them that's where they hide a TON of calories.

Cindy I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with routine changes. My biggest problem on the weekends is that I either get too lazy to want to work out if I can't get DH to go on a walk with me, or I don't eat enough. Sometimes I'll eat breakfast and won't eat again until late in the afternoon. I too, have been big all of my life. When I was going into high school I had lost about 40 pounds and was down to 185, that's the smallest I've ever been. I felt great even though I still could have lost more weight but I ended up gaining it back and so much more. I never thought I would ever let myself get to 340 pounds, but it happens and it seems to creep up on you. We'll get through this, we just have to stay confident and keep pushing. I think if we have eachother to talk to for support it will make things so much easier. At least everyone here gets it you know? I think I can tell you guys things that I can't talk to other people about with my weight loss because others either wouldn't get it, or don't want to listen to you about losing weight for the 1,000th time.

Yesterday didn't turn out too bad. Had a follow up appointment with my psychologist to see how the new medicine is working for me. It is helping a lot so she increased my doseage a bit and I go back at the end of this month to see how that helps. I was so tired after work I was just ready to go to bed. But we ended up going to a steak house for dinner with my FIL. I got a NY strip steak and only ate half of it and had a salad with the tiniest bit of dressing and some green beans. I had a basket of rolls staring at me the whole time, but I didn't give in. Then, I got hom and DH and brought some rolls back with us with our leftovers. I gave in and ate the roll I tried so hard but food won again. I'll get this right, I just have to keep trying harder.

Here's hoping for a better day...Take care all...We're in this together <3
Old 08-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyFIT View Post
Larry - What kind of motorcycle do you drive? I've been on the back of a couple of dirt bikes in my life but never had the guts to try a motorcycle. Everyone I know who drives one though is in love with them though. Maybe something I will try down the road!
I ride a Honda Shadow 750 and yes I am in love with it. This is not my bike but mine looks just like it and is the same color.