Old 07-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread July, 2015

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #2  

Hi everyone.
Cindy congrats on the 2 pounds down and getting your house in order.
Sam Enjoy your extra day off. Have any plans?
Betsy I am still on plan! How are you doing?
Hi to everyone else. Hope you can take a minute to pop in for an update.
Have a healthy day.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #3  

Whew it's after 2 and I'm just now finding time to check in.
I'm still learning names and who is who. I do know some names from the past. I will hold off on personals a bit longer.
I have my 3 month old granddaughter today along with my 3 I keep. I can truly say the full moon is affecting them. Lol they are all wired!!!
I have dinner in the crockpot and it smells wonderful. I will let you know how it turns out.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee: I most definitely will enjoy a whole Friday off DH and I may go looking for plants again and get the things we need for the 4th. DH, a friend and I plan to go to the state park and grill greek chicken kebabs. I'm pretty excited and hope it isn't too busy. I hope to get to the beach this weekend too.

Today was rough for me. My hormones are all out of whack because my TOM is coming plus me getting used to this new medication. For the first time ever I had to excuse myself to the bathroom after being yelled at by a client on the phone so I could cry. I never let other people's frustrations get to me like that but today it just hit the right nerve.

After work I decided to take a drive down to another WalMart and Lowes only to find the
majority of their flowers were dead. Makes me wonder how much money those companies throw away each year because the employees aren't taking care of the plants while they are out for sale. I did almost buy a nice package of assorted succulents but decided to wait to see if I find something else I like.

It was supposed to storm last night...clouds were rolling in as I was planting my marigolds and got pretty windy but no rain...it does feel a lot cooler outside though. One of the cats and I are outside enjoying the weather on the balcony as I sip on a protein shake. I'm glad it's a rest day because after today I definitely need to relax and unwind.

Well the plants need watering so I better skeedaddle...hope everyone else that's been absent is doing well on their journies!! Take care all
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Where is everyone?!?!?!?!?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan. I hate not seeing people post because then I begin to worry...although I know life gets in the way sometimes...

Woke up at 3:30 this morning stressed about the work that would be there waiting for me today...I had a customer that I was having to help and the company discovered some claims that would cause her price to go up...I didn't know how much it was going to reflect it for this new homeowners policy for her and the waiting was killing me. So when I got to work today I didn't have an answer from the company after it taking them almost 3 days to get back with me so I went to another company and had them update the quote I got from them and told them about the claims and it came back almost $500 cheaper than the original quote I got with someone else...Of course the customer could not be reached and since I already collected money from her I took things into my own hands and wrote the policy anyway. She would have been without hurricane coverage on Sunday had I not done it. She ended up calling me back later in the day and told me it was ok to do it anyway...What a relief all that was...I hate stressing out about stuff I can't help but this particular customer is very very particular and she throws around the fact that she is well off....Anyway today was my last day of work for the week so it's officially the weekend!! WOO HOO!!!

Just finished up some cardio and now I'm going to get a shower and get dinner going. We're having BBQ chicken with green beans and cabbage.

Take care everyone!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:37 PM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah I dont mind wearing glasses everyday, My glasses are ready to be picked up but I wont be able to pick them up until tomorrow after 2 p.m. when mom gets off of work.

Cindy ~ Yeah I'm glad that Scott and I get to spend more time together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up sine 5:55 this morning. Its now 5:29 p.m. I worked out earlier today and I'll do it again tonight. We might go to walmart tonight after mom gets home from work, She gets off at 8:00 p.m. and She should be home by 8:15-8:20 tonight. I cleaned my mask and tube this morning and I did the dishes as well. So I got alot done today. Usually I have school but our new vacuum was schedule to get delivered today so I stayed home so I could bring it in when it got here and thats what I did. I wont go to school again until next Wed. on the 8th and Thursday on the 9th. Then on either the 10th or 11th My friend and I are gonna go to lunch and then we're gonna go see a movie, She wants to see the new Jurassic World movie, I've already seen it but it was so good I dont mind seeing it again, She doesnt want to go by herself and then depending if we go on Friday the 10th, Scott and I will go see the new Terminator on the Sat. the 11th. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hey SamIAm86, I hadn't seen your posts on Instagram lately because I am following so many people and groups lol. You look fantastic! I hope to see more of your updates in my feed!
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all I have not had time to post muchh lately but I am doing well and I have stayed on plan. DW and I leave for an extended stay with our son and his family in New York on the 7th. Time is running out quickly and I still have some work to complete on my trailer build. Also numerous tasks around the house before we leave.

On Monday I get a new CPAP machine and I am really looking forward to that. I have used my present one every night since October 2006 and it is getting tired.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

I haven't had much time to post lately. It's been a busy week but I have tomorrow off and I'm looking forward to the long weekend. I'm having a very good week on plan and the scale was kind to me this morning and stopped below 300. It was 4 months ago today, on March 2nd, that I started this journey and I never would have believed that I would or could ever lose nearly 40 lbs. And if I can do it you all can do it. So don't doubt yourself. And don't give up. Most of you were here when I started and you know I don't always behave myself, but I still lost weight. You don't have to be perfect. You just have to want this and keep trying like I'm going to. Onward and downward.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow. I will try to check in tomorrow or Saturday.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #10  

I am having a busy week. Today should be calmer. I only have my youngest grand baby today. She is napping and I can hardly wait for her to wake up so we can play.
My son and his family are coming for lunch tomorrow. I'm thinking BBQ chicken sandwiches. They will be leaving my oldest granddaughter for a few days. She wants to learn to sew. I guess we will be making pillows. Lol she is almost 7.
Still have to plan out the menu for the week. I plan to snack on veggies from my garden.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #11  
DianeAleaha

Hey everyone This is my first posting in the Chat Thread. I'm not sure what to say other than I am doing well, on track with the personal changes I undertook on April of this year. It seems some days I still tend to worry over things that just are not that important. I am working hard to remind myself to just relax and enjoy each day. My eating healthier has lessened my anxieties though.
DianeAleaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #12  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Diane: Welcome to the support forum. You'll find that the ladies and gentleman in here are nice people.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Diane welcome I'm glad you joined us and glad you are doing well. I'm in upstate New York too.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. It is a planned cheat day for me tomorrow since we're having a party but I will be right back on track Sunday and I will check in then.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #14  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Diane ~ Welcome to 3FC and to our chat thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:00 a.m. this morning, Its now 7:00 p.m. I'm about to head to bed soon. I did my 40 min work out to VB's dvd's today and I took out the trash and did the cans but other then those things I didnt do much around the house today. At 2 p.m. today we ran errands. We went to Walmart to pick up my glasses then we went to pick up Scott from work and then we went to 2 banks,Dillions and Chipotle to get dinner and then we came home for the day.

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-07-2015 at 08:33 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #15  

Good morning.
Terra how are your new glasses? Mine now have bifocals so it will take a while for me to adjust to those.
Cindy wow almost 40 pounds! Good for you. Thanks for the reminder that we don't need to be perfect. I needed that this morning.
tootsie how are you? I miss your posts.
Welcome Diane! I too have found that eating healthy lessens my anxiety but it really makes me less moody.
Deb how did the sewing lessons go? How is your eating?
Larry good job staying on plan. Safe and fun travels.
Hi Candid!
Sam sorry I haven't been around. You know me so well. I skipped a couple of days and of course I started to wander off plan. But I am back here and I caught myself early. I'm sorry your meds are still not settled but I know it can take a while for that to happen. We went to the beach (Lake Michigan) yesterday and it was so nice. I hope you can have a nice relaxing weekend. You deserve it.

Yesterday I started slipping off plan and was amazed at how quickly I wanted to spiral out of control. I was running late and did not have my bacon and eggs for breakfast. Lesson learned. (Again!)
Have a safe and healthy day!