Old 07-10-2015, 09:58 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
The last couple days have been a struggle food wise. I think I handled it fairly well.
Cindy lets both stay 100% on plan over the weekend. We can do this with team work.
Obsidianbbw glad to hear you are loving your workouts.
Sam it took this old lady a while to figure out why a friend coming to visit would be a bad thing. DUH! So glad to hear that your meds have kicked in. How was the chicken?
Betsy I love it when you and I state the obvious over and over. Portion control works.
Scotsgal WELCOME! Yes, we can do this. I am trying to get below 250 by 2016. Those mental games we play have so much power until one day they don't. Happy to have you join our community.

I am feeling optimistic today!
174 days left until 2016.
Have a healthy day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #47  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hay so my last few days have been pretty good... I have been on a soup diet and been under 1800 cal most days, yesterday was only 1450. I have done a 5k every day on my stationary bike and I have went on 3x 25 minute walks along the sand with the dog. Its not a huge amount but its something... Then mum brought back (british style) chips (Fries) from a fish and chip shop. It was the only thing we had to eat in the house so I had to portion control but still eat them. Today my diet has been quite high in fat due to a cookie and some eggs I had this morning.

But I will soldier on.... Tomorrow should be a good day and hopefully I can weight in succesfully on Sunday.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #48  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. I'm fairly nervous about next week. I leave the day after tomorrow to take that week long bootcamp style set of courses. I thought that it would be one, but it's actually four, and then a capture the flag event on the last day. There's a chance for internships, scholarships, and jobs at this event.

My dieting and exercise hasn't been great.

I think that my spouse is doing a bit of gas-lighting. Basicially it's a form of mental abuse where he attempts to make me think that I'm going insane by lying to me and making me feel that I'm at fault. He had said that money was stolen from our room, but never reported it. I found out that the day of the trip, he signed up for a free texting app, and then deleted it when we got back. So, he had the means to contact, pay for, and meet someone. Not saying that he did for sure, but it definitely looks suspicious.

My sis is getting out of her abusive marriage right into the arms of some guy she barely knows, and she's taking her kids with her. After all the reports of shady guys, and her choice in men, why would she do that? Would being with someone and not alone really be worth the risk to her kids?She left her home behind because she didn't want to think about the other woman being there. WTH? She should have kept the house. None of my family members are willing to help her, and I'm far away, so if she moved here, she would have to give up her job, making things worse. So I'm worried about her and her kids.

I've gained 5 pounds again. Will be working that off this week. I plan to do my walk at home in my hotel room. Hopefully I can stop stuffing my face with junk. I know that I shouldn't feel it, but I feel ashamed.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Ubee, Hold onto that optimism. I will stay on plan with you this weekend. We can do this together.

Scotsgal, good job on portion control with the chips. That's hard to do,

Tootsieroll, your week away sounds like a great opportunity. I'm glad you decided to go. I hope it works out well for you. I hope your sister made a good choice this time. I would be worried about her too, and especially the children.

Not doing too much this weekend, probably going fishing tomorrow and possibly Sunday too. Beginning Monday I will be changing my work hours to working 10 hour days for four days so I can have every Friday off. The days will be long but having a three day weekend every week will be awesome.

Eating has been good today and most of the weight I gained last weekend is gone. I hope to lose the rest soon, and of course keep going.

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #50  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Scotsgal ~ Welcome to the forum and the thread

Tootsie ~ I'm a shamed of myself too, I'm 6 pounds away from where I was a year ago which is back at the beginning.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #51  

Having a very difficult day.
I need to find a way to cope other then with food. Maybe I should be brave and deal with my feelings.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #52  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ I'm sorry your having a difficult day
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Ubee, sorry you are having such a difficult day. Dealing with feelings is not easy. Eating them is going to make you feel worse. Can you take a walk or a drive by yourself to have a little time to yourself? Take a nap? A bubble bath? Soothing cup of tea? Have a good cry? Call a friend? I wish I could help. You helped me today. DH and I went fishing right by our favorite seasonal restaurant this afternoon. The food there smelled so good and I was very tempted to have dinner there but I remembered I had told you I would stay on plan today. So we didn't go there. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys and gals just a quick check in to let you know I'm alright. I decided to take a hiatus from the computer this week so I could relax. I haven't exercised since Tuesday but I'm ok with that. I'm not weighing in today because I more than likely will show a gain with my TOM here. I feel good and it's been great giving myself some time to just relax for once. Eating has been good so besides water weight I hope to at least be the same weight for now. I will be back at everything tomorrow with eating and exercising.

DH and I have been enjoying our time together this weekend. We went to the farmer's market and traded in some videp games for store credit and got 3 new games to play. Today I'm going to get my hair cut and colored...I can't wait. Then we may go check out goodwill or go to the park.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 07-12-2015 at 09:52 AM.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #55  
DianeAleaha

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. I have not been posting in this thread in over a week. Last Sundays weigh in my scale had not moved for the second week in a row. My weight and a .2. TODAY, 3rd week in a row, my weight a-gain is the same and that .2.
I am not depressed I am getting a wee bit frustrated though. Since I am diligent in following my LCHF plan this stall is confusing. Poop. Well, I'm not gaining. Count my blessings! I know to do that it just gets hard to do when I'm so hopeful about making positive changes in my life and it just feels like I'm going in to a new kind of rut.

I intend to continue on as I have though I plan to read more info about LCHF and how it can impact our bodies.

My new sneakers arrived on Friday and ( wow, I'm almost 60 and still so not graceful) on Saturday while attending our annual summer picnic I broke my toe. The one right next to my big toe. My plan to begin my walk up one floor level where I live instead of taking the elevator is on hold. My life reads like a bad comedy sometimes.

It is the start of a new week and I am hoping it is a good one.
DianeAleaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #56  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hay Guys, Thank you for all the welcomes, it really is appreciated.

First of all I want to say Im sorry that some of you are really struggling with life just now. Its difficult enough to try and control one aspect of life (food) to then have to juggle with others. Just remember girls...

Courage is taking those first steps towards your dreams, even if you cant see the path ahead of you. And I'm not telling you It should be easy, but im telling you, once you get to that goal weight... It will at least be worth it.

Now luckily for me I have lost 4lbs this week. I plan on loosing another 4lbs next week. Then I might be a bit too optimistic to hope that nice big numbers like that will continue, so Ill be hoping for 1-2 lbs a week after that.

So today not only am I checking in with my weight, at 304lbs
But I am also checking in with some pictures of myself so I can look back at my first week

Stregnth doesnt come from what you can do...
It comes from overcoming the things you once thought that you couldn't!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3829.jpg (24.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3837.jpg (24.2 KB, 6 views)
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Hi everyone. Another fly by as I need to get ready to go to the airport to get the next set of guests who will be here for a few days. My nephew and his younger son left yesterday after helping me with cleaning the house to get it ready for the next set. Fortunately, my nephew actually knows how to clean -- something his wife evidently taught him! It's so peacefully quiet in here this morning. The next group will be here until late Wednesday, then a friend for lunch on Thursday, and then no more company until mid-August.

On the eating front, I'm actually doing pretty well. With the heat wave we had, I just wasn't that hungry, and I know I'll be on the go this week. It's beginning to dawn on me (yes, Ubee, this will be a repeat!) that maybe I don't need to be on a diet per se, but just need to eat less. OK, that probably isn't going to win a Nobel Prize in any category, but I seem to spend so much time trying to plan meals, tracking them, etc. that food becomes my focus. And when it's my focus, I want to eat the wrong stuff. May continue on this path after everyone leaves and see if I can actually lose.

Off to have some coffee, water the plants, and get the couches vacuumed to pretend that I have well trained animals residing here. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Just another quick check in about to workout, still have not bought scale batteries, had a tooth out afew days ago so have been taking it easy and using it as an excuse to relax and eat lots of pudding shameful I know but I take it.

I don't think I really want scale batteries the obsessy way I weight myself sometimes multiple times a day when it's working seems sad. I doubt my health care professionals will agree I am usually told to track my weight and try to lose weight.

I just don't care right now I guess? I workout MOST days , I know my eating could be mountains better... But I just don't want to. In the past six weeks I have only possibly maybe lost fat around my ankles, either that or I have built a lot more muscle I can see my ankle muscles (or more of them than I use to) so either they are way more defined or there is less fat/water retention there lol). Maybe I am crazy but I am clinging to that notion. Everything else seems the same to me, friends think I have lost some inches elsewhere but I can't see/notice it everything feels like it fits exactly the same to me.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Checking in. DW and I have been traveling for a week from our home in Florida to our son's home in Niverville, NY. We have stopped and visited friends and family along the way. The great news is that I was able to stay completely on my Atkins Induction eating plan while dining in restaurants along the way.

We are at our son's home now so I should be able to post more often now.

I have not weighed for a couple of weeks and was pleasently surprized by a 4 pound loss!!

Last edited by Larry H; 07-13-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #60  

Hi everyone.
Larry congrats on being down 4 pounds. Enjoy your visit.
Silent if you stay away from the scale that is OK. Trust yourself and do what feels right. Keep posting and eventually you will get back in the mindset.
Hi Betsy. Miss you.
Scotsgal congrats on another 4 down. You are so close to being below 300!!! Your pictures look great.
Diane sorry about the toe. Weight loss can be so frustrating, that is why I find this group so valuable. (Well that and they are just fun.)
Sam how goes it today?
Cindy I am so happy I helped you this weekend. Thank you for your kind words. When I have a hard day it is almost always because my adult daughter with autism is having a hard day. I love her so much and wish I could help her more when she struggles.
Terra you are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words. I know you are frustrated with your lack of progress but I just want you to know I really enjoy you being part of our community. We will get there we just have to keep trying.
tootsie shame is such a toxic feeling yet, I can relate. Please think of all the positive things that you have done in your life when you feel that way.
Jane where are you??? Get back here!
Fi hope all is well with you. As well as it can be...
Hi to everyone else.
I am feeling much better today. My scale only went up .6 pounds so not as scary as I had imagined. I hate how that scale can rule my life, yet I know I need it to be accountable.
Have a healthy day.