Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #181  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Obsidian: That's what I'm trying to do: find a diet that I can sustain over a lifetime.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. The sun has returned!!!! It's been hidden behind clouds for days now and everything just looks cleaner when the sun is out......except for my office. Just realized that the sun is pointing out that it's been a while since dusting took place!

Tootsie So glad that you're going to the class for both you and for how your family will benefit. It sounds like you've found some South Beach sites, but I also found this one: http://weightloss.about.com/cs/diets/a/aa060403a.htm that is specific to South Beach. Using the GI index will help with selecting foods -- for instance eating berries as a fruit is better than eating pineapple or a pear all of which are better than eating ice cream. Good luck with making the change. For me, just watching my carbs and calories has helped a lot.
Fi Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I am so glad (make that we are) that you're going to have local help and support while Bob is gone. I totally understand what you mean about looking forward to the alone time. You'll probably be ready and eager for him to return, but it is so nice to just have some "me" time every once in a while. Sounds like you're long overdue.
Obsidian Doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to do things that you totally avoided before? Sometimes those NSVs mean a lot more -- quality of life improvements are a huge reward!
Sam I'm so glad that you are going to do your blog. You always seem to come up with such interesting food ideas that remain on plan. I'm really looking forward to it.
Ubee Of course your first number isn't a 3 -- and the fear of that number reappearing is enough to shake those cobwebs off your resolve. My fear of seeing 4 as my first number (I was only 4 pounds away from that!!!!) is what got me started on this journey. Unfortunately my weight loss journey is much like my RV trips -- wander here, wander there but eventually I arrive. I'm with you on spending so much on a house, but living on the left coast means that one is going to spend an obscene amount of money compared to the Midwest. Right now they're so excited that I'm not going to burst their bubble.
Tootsie Just saw another post from you about people losing a pound a day and maybe giving those diets a try. They are very effective at getting the weight off. The only caveat is that they are also very easy to regain the weight very, very quickly. It can be avoided, of course, with a very gradual increase in the number of carbs being taken in. But I know that if I cheat at all, it's a weight gain the next day of between 1 to 4 pounds. Just something to think about.

Bill comes home today -- which means I'll be up at the airport at 10 PM. But it also means that Becky can go back home and my life can get back to what passes for normal. She's been staying here for 4 out of the last 8 weeks. Toby has been in 7th heaven, but I'm ready to go back to being a one dog household.

Bad day on the diet front. After seeing the weight loss in the morning, it's like I went on a bender. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Back to it today.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!!

This is going to be a quick check in. I'm posting from my phone at DH's band practice. In case anyone has wondered, I drive him there because he likes to have a few drinks when they practice as it helps him a bit with his extreme anxiety and I worry about him getting in an accident or a DUI so I drive him. Anyway so no personals tonight.

I think this weekend I'm going to start getting recipes together for the start of this blog. A lot of times I don't write it down because I'm taking a few different recipes and combine it together as my own. I actually found my notebook during my days as a vegan that I could throw in there. It's going to be a slow process but I will get it going. I am really diggin the chicken salad I made this week. The cucumber boats I made to hold it have been the perfect way to have a salad but without the normal ho hum lettuce.

Went grocery shopping straight from work today to get stocked up again and I finally made the decision to buy some almond flour!! I have been wanting to play around with it and see what kind of cool stuff I can come up with it and it still be healthy and low carb.

Hope everyone else had a great day!! I love this group so much! Everyone is so amazing here it's great!! Take care everyone...and remember if today wasn't a good day you get to try again tomorrow!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:04 PM   #184  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Sam: Almond flour can be made in a coffee grinder, food processor, or high end blender. You just smash whole almonds, and then grind them. Blanched almonds make a flour. If they aren't blanched, it makes almond meal. I know this because I was thinking of trying to make sweets with an almond flour crust, so I Googled how to make it.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hello everyone.

It feels like I've been away forever even though it has only been a few days. I will get back to personals tomorrow, but it's getting late and I wanted to check in.

I've been kind of off track with food, which started due to boredom over the weekend. Today was good except for a small piece of cake for my granddaughter's birthday. But that is the least of what I have consumed since Sunday. Oh well, tomorrow is another day to get it right.

My granddaughter who had the kidney transplant was discharged from the hospital yesterday. She is doing very well. She said yesterday that for the first time in 5 or 6 years she was able to use the restroom and urinate like a normal person. That made me think about the simple things we take for granted. This has really changed her life in ways she probably doesn't even realize yet.

Well, I'm off to bed before I decide to eat something else. I hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #186  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Tootsie ~ Yeah I get alot of build up wax so the mineral oil helps with that without having to use a q-tip.

Ubee ~ No, I didnt do anything exciting this weekend but next Saturday on the 6th Scott and I are gonna go to an Italian restaurant to celebrate our 4th year Dating Anniversary so that will be exciting.

Betsy ~ Awwww Thank You for thinking of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 6:45 this morning, Its now 7:22 a.m. and at 7:30 I need to start watching for my bus. I'm going to school today for cooking class and computer training. I'm gonna be at school from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. today. Of course when I get home today I'll do my daily walk. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #187  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Feeling better today, scale is down 2 lbs and there was a nice moment where I made it to the bus station faster and caught an earlier bus home.

First morning in a long while I didn't do anything, but tonight it water aerobics so will still be doing something I have 2 more days on my 21 day challenge and pure stubbornness is keeping me going at this point.

I think the body needs rest...Exercise and being active are good, but I think I need one day where I do nothing....We'll see

Anyway, Hope everyone has a good day.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #188  

Good morning everyone. My body is beginning to look like some sort of weird painted canvas from all the yard work -- lots of bruises.

Sam So looking forward to your blog and food ideas. Who knows, this may open up a whole new revenue source for you. Have you thought about doing a You Tube channel and doing food cooking demonstrations on there?
Tootsie Great suggestion on the almond flour as making it at home would be a lot less expensive. Plus, the quality of the almonds could be controlled. Thanks for the idea!
Cindy You're not alone in the eating blues -- I had fast food last night at 11 PM on the way home from the airport! Such good news about your granddaughter -- so glad that she's out of the hospital and doing so well.
Terra Sounds like a busy day for you. What are you fixing today in the cooking class?
Obsidian Way to go on the 2 pound loss. I agree that there are some days we just need to let our bodies rest. I let mine rest one time for approximately 15 years......

The kid who is working in the yard got a LOT done yesterday. Today we're moving the whiskey barrel halves off the upper deck and placing them in various places in the yard. Haven't figured out the logistics yet, but want to get that done. And we'll continue with the weeding. It is slowly beginning to get whipped into shape!

Back to getting serious about the eating today. I was doing so well and, as usual, let myself cheat and it leads to many days of craving those carbs.

Off to the gym. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

NO! I had it all typed out and my fat finger hit something!!!
Thinking of you all and may or may not have time later to chat.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #190  

Tootsie Thanks for the info on almonds ...I've been looking up how to make it too but I figured before I go out and waste a bunch of money on a big bag of almonds to make it myself I should get a small bag of it already made to see how I like it and how often I'm really going to use it.

Cindy Get back on track girly you can do it! I'm so happy to hear that your granddaughter is doing so well!!

Obsidian Be careful with working out 21 days straight. Your body does need rest. On one of my failed attempts at losing weight I figured I would do the same thing...I got burned out so quickly that one day I couldn't even ride a bike with my friend. My shins were hurting so bad from all of the working out and walking, etc that I ended up having a panic attack at the park we were at. Exercise is great, but you will get better results if you give your body time to mend itself. Just be careful is all I'm saying, I don't want to see the same thing happen to you as it did me.

Betsy Never really thought about making money from a blog but I guess it's possible. I've thought about the youtube thing, but from doing makeup videos on youtube for 2 years it takes up a lot of time, more than typing out a blog post. I may do something like that in the future but right now I don't think I would have the time.

Ubee Dang fingies!!! LOL...Glad you at least checked in to let us know you are alive!! Missing you!

This is going to be quick just because I am late getting home and need to hurry up and work out before the grouch gets home. I almost didn't work out today but the fact that I haven't gone to the bathroom in 3 days started to worry me (sorry TMI). I tried going at work but I was so backed up I had to take care of it at home. I'm feeling better now so I'm just going to do a quick cardio session to get the workout done and then tonight I'm either making Halubsti without the rice or I'm going to make turkey manwiches per DH's request...Gosh he really loves that stuff he's gonna have me burned out on it if he doesn't stop it lol...

Anyway guys I'm off...Take care, be happy and healthy!!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #191  
Intuituve Eater

Betsy Thanks for the Luagh

SamIAm You're advice is 100% Thanks. Around day 16 I knew I wanted a break and pushed through. Today's work out was harder than usual because my body is tired. I'll do the challenge again, but with pause days no more going straight through

My obsession with the scale continues..blah, Wasn't happy this morning, but going to force myself to leave it alone and see what happens I think all the working out is causing some issue. Also Weirdly I feel bloated, which usually only happens during my TOM. Alot if it has been strength rather than just cardio. Maybe that's it? Eating has been good.

I'm away to surprise my parents with a visit so everyone have a good weekend.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-29-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:20 AM   #192  

Good morning everyone. No time for individual messages today. We've got to drive up to the kids' house again today to take care of the boys while their new house is being inspected. I was supposed to pick up the boys at the new house so that I could see it, but the owners informed my niece that while they couldn't stop her from being there, they didn't want anyone else in their house (they are going to be home). Also irritated with my niece's parents. The boys can be a handful -- especially the younger one -- but they are basically your normal active boys (8 and 4). Her parents "had another engagement" and said they couldn't come up. They live in Seattle on the north side so they wouldn't have to fight all the traffic. Oh well, if this is the worst thing that happens, I'm lucky.

I've been having horrible joint pain in every joint -- not just my knees -- for the last couple of weeks. I think I've mentioned that I'm on warfarin for the a fib, and forgot to measure it last week. Measured it yesterday and it was way high -- which is a danger for bleeding. Well, I googled side effects and found out that when you're out of range that it leads to bleeding (inflammation) in the joints with severe pain. Not one of the things that the doctors mentioned. So, I've been eating lettuce like crazy (not a bad thing!) and monitoring it. I can already tell a difference this morning.

OK, must get it in gear. Hope everyone has a great day and that your fingers don't strike out at anything else Ubee.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #193  

Obsidian If you are lifting weights a lot don't pay attention to the scale. It won't give you an accurate reading of how much fat you've lost. If you aren't doing this already, I suggest taking your measurements each week. It has helped me a lot especially on weeks where the scale didn't go down much but I saw a good loss in inches. A friend of mine sent me a really cool chart for it. I'm sure you can google a chart that's printable, but if you don't find one let me know and I can send you a copy of what I have if you'd like. Hope your parents enjoy their surprise!!

Betsy You are all over the place!! Sorry to hear you won't be able to see the house yet. Gotta love when someone has a "prior engagement" and can't be bothered. Hope the traffic wasn't too bad for ya. I'm glad you looked up the issues you've been having and know what to do to fix it. Don't wanna lose ya chickie...take care of yourself...sending lots of love from the beaches of the east coast!

Ok..Roll call!!! Where is everyone else!?!?!?! Ubee?!?!? Don't you dare be avoiding this place!! You were there for me when I needed a good talking to so I'm here for you!! I hope everything is going good in the land of Ubee...Thinking of you always my friend!!

Oh man what a day today!!! I filed papers for 3 hours today...Yes, the papers that I was letting stack up for the owners son to file when he gets out of school...As I was filing them I noticed that they dated all the way back to February!! Holy cow I didn't realize they had been sitting there that long. I have some folders that need to be filed still that I didn't get to, but at least that big chunk was taken care of. That made me extremely tired. Then I had to go visit my grandma, pick up some pants she had fixed for me and get the sticker for my car tag. I wanted to stay longer but I was too tired and I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I told her I had somewhere else I had to go. I was so tired when I got home that I almost didn't workout....ALMOST!! Then of course I had the usual stern talking to and made myself do it. Tonight was abs and even though I'm still tired, I feel great that I pushed through and did it. DH is getting ready to make us dinner and I'm going to get in comfy clothes and veg out and go to bed early. I wanna get to the farmer's market early in the morning and get some strawberries...It's been a few weeks since I've had fruit and that is sounding so good to me right now. I've been having a bad week with craving sugar like crazy. TOM is a little late this time and I know that's why I have the cravings. I found a recipe for PB2 cookies that I am going to make tonight as a treat. I have more than enough carbs to where I can have one or two to curb my sweet tooth for today. I normally wouldn't do it but since I've made room in my calories for it I don't think it's going to hurt me so long as I keep portion under control.

I'm pooped...hittin the showers coach and on to the next thing....Take care everyone!
Old 05-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Love you guys! All is well in ubee land.
The next 9 days may be hit or miss. At that time my daughter will start going to a day center to work and hang out with her peers/friends. I will have my routine back. She will be happy to hang out with her friends so it is a win win.
I am reading your posts.
Be safe and healthy.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #195  
Intuituve Eater

Talking

Ubee Glad everything is good.

SamIam on pushing through and getting your workout done.

You hit the nail on the head again I think . Pretty much most of my workouts are resistance/strength. Also some things happened today.

I had been thinking my collarbone was more defined, but someone at work noticed and said I looked like I was losing weight

I tried on a fitted shirt that has been too snug and is now less snug..I thought maybe it was me, but maybe it actually is fitting better

I did some internet research (because everything on the internet is true) and I pretty much pushed myself pretty hard and my body is recovering so it might take sometime to see it reflected on the scale.

I might do the measuring, but for right now, I'm going to weigh in again tomorrow (one last time) ...then go cold turkey for all of next week.

I am seriously craving a cheat day, but resisting.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-30-2015 at 07:54 AM.