Old 05-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good day!
Sam I was wondering, how much dairy do you eat a day? I've heard you mention that you watch dairy so I'm curious.
Terra were you going to sell them because you needed the money or because you did not want them anymore? When I used to buy on ebay shipping was usually extra.
Fi it is nice to see you. I agree 100% with what Sam said. I will be glad to see you checking in because I miss you but I know you've got to do what is best for you.
Cindy I feel for you with your leg. I had a short lived leg problem a few years back and it was not fun to say the least.
Larry you are melting!
Today I casually mentioned going for a quick treat and my husband said "NO". There may be hope for us yet!
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:50 AM   #152  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Tonight I had a very hard time getting up out of my leather armchair in the den. We had just watched the "quali" (qualifying rounds) for the Grand Prix (Formula One) race in the streets of Monaco. Our favorite driver got pole position! That means he starts the race a little bit ahead of all the other drivers. He's been a world champion before, but this is the first time he's gotten pole position in Monaco. He was so happy and excited! He's a Brit, a beautiful dark-skinned man wearing huge diamond earrings that really sparkle, even on TV. His name is Lewis Hamilton. He just got a $150 million contract frm Mercedes, making hm the best-paid sports person in the UK.

Anyway, I was so happy for Lewis Hamilton, I just knew I would be able to stand up, then walk out of the den and into the kitchen, and walk all the way down the hallway to the couch, which is where I hang out (and sleep) these days.

Wrong. I had a very hard time getting up out of my leather armchair and into the wheelchair. I tried to get up out of the wheelchair, when I was about halfway to the couch, but I couldn't do it. It's like my legs can't hear my brain.

You guys are overestimating me, too. You say I know my limits. I don't know my limits at all. I live in a fairytale world. I always think I can do anything I want to do, and 99.9% of the time, I am right. I did the BERP! I drove to New Jersey and got our wonderful kitties, and gave medicine to them every single day for several months. And now they are adolescents—happy, well-adjusted, loving cats. They still sneeze a lot, but they're full-grown and look wonderful.

But this rehab thing is different. One day I can climb the stairs, take a shower, and at least look into my collage studio. The next day I go to take a pee, and when I get up and try to pull my pants up, I get into the wrong position somehow, and I fall onto a hard tilled floor. With my legs all akimbo, twisted beneath me and trapped between the toilet and the wall. So they get badly injured, especially my knees.

My legs are almost covered in blue, purple, and brown bruises from overestimating what I can do and falling down. Yes, I'm back to falling down—almost every day. That's why Bob is worried.

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-24-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:47 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!!! Hope today is already looking like a great Sunday for everyone!

Ubee It depends on the day and what I'm eating. I don't consider eggs as dairy but as protein so if you count that out I probably on average eat no more than a couple tablespoons of cheese a day and maybe a tablespoon or two of sour cream. I don't drink milk so those are really the only dairy products that I use. For instance if I'm making breakfast at home I will put 2 tbsp of cheese in my eggs and 1 tbsp of sour cream on top. I love eggs with salsa and sour cream so I do that every time I eat eggs at home. At work I don't usually have those condiments with me at work, so my egg cups have 1 tbsp of cheese in each of them. If I'm making a casserole or something that has cheese in it, or stuffed peppers or something like that a serving probably has no more than 3 tbsp in it but I hardly ever eat more than 1/4 cup in a day. Hope that helps Also...Great job hubby for saying NO to the treat!! You got this get your head back in the game! I know you can do it!!!

Fi Happy to hear about your Grand Prix racer making pole!! Hope you get the see his race ....And I still think you know your limits, however, I think it's hard to keep up with what you can and can't do with your legs because the good and bad days are so sporadic that it can make it hard and confusing. What matters is you are trying your best to get better and that makes me proud of you. You are a tougher woman than me because I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have my legs. My whole world would be turned upside down, especially since I'm the only bread winner here...Gosh I would be out on the streets if I couldn't go to work. You have a great hubby there to look out for you. I know you'll be ok. If you have an incident is there a neighbor close by that might be able to give you hand?

Well something worked with my body this week....I lost 4 pounds!! WOOT WOOT!!! I think I'm back in business with the losing. I am only hoping for 2 pounds a week at this point so anything extra is great. I also lost 1 inch in my bust and 1 inch in my waist this week. I looked back on my tracker that I keep a log of my measurements each week and when I first started measuring myself last March I have lost 10.5 inches in my waist!! Holy cow that's a lot!!

Yesterday we didn't get our walk in. DH was too tired so I was going to just do a cardio video in the living room. I just don't feel safe going on a walk by myself this weekend. I got all dressed and laced up get to the living room, and see that Oscar the Grouch (my neighbor underneath me) was home. I didn't even want to hear her b*tch and moan today so I told DH I was going to just go on a walk by myself even though I didn't feel safe. My legs are VERY sore from leg day on Friday and so DH talked me into just giving it a rest. He said that I shouldn't push my legs too hard to where I can't even use them, so I agreed and just gave it a rest. My legs feel really tight this morning still...It actually hurts for my tiny 4 pound cat to walk in my legs but I want to try and maybe get a walk in, even if it's just a leisurely one. I've really loved getting to relax at home, but the weather has been so beautiful that it's made me hate the fact that I've been stuck inside.

Most of the day today I'll be cleaning. My kitchen is a wreck from not doing dishes from a couple days and I still need to install those blinds. DH said that he's going to help me. I couldn't believe it he actually went to bed early last night but was up at 5:30 this morning he said. He just couldn't sleep anymore lol....I got up earlier than I usually do too which I think is because I actually got a good night sleep despite having a couple nightmares last night. I'm just finishing up my breakfast and coffee now, got my oldest fur baby at my feet keeping them warm. If I didn't have so much that needed to be done around the house I might would curl up on the couch and read a book...It feels like that sort of Sunday. I'm off for Memorial Day so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I hope everyone enjoys their day today!!! Make it a good one!!! It only takes 1 meal at a time, 1 rep at a time, 1 day at a time for us to reach our goals. We can do it!!!! We are unstoppable!!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!
WOW Sam! You are doing amazing! 235 pounds good for you! In Wisconsin your diet of dairy for the day would be considered a bite of anything. I really need to focus on getting more plants into my diet.
Fi thanks for explaining. I can understand why Bob is so concerned. I think you may need a plan for his sake. If my hubby was in your shoes my anxiety would be through the roof if I left him alone.
I have zero plans for today. Which is not a good thing. I'm already fighting the urge to eat everything in sight. It will be raining all day. Maybe I will focus on making a new weight loss chart.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

Ubee That was me yesterday...I swear, I could have eaten my entire fridge. By the end of the day, I was angry at myself for getting so out of control. I usually cheat on Saturdays, but usually that's just a meal or two. I was just eating to be eating!

I'm back on point today. Had a healthy breakfast, and then went on a walk with my dad, his girlfriend, and 4 dogs (their 1, my 2, and my sister's dog that I'm petsitting this weekend). We found a nature trail that we didn't know existed and it kicked my butt, but now that I'm back home, I feel AMAZING! I fully intend to spend the rest of the day crocheting and watching the Indy 500 and Coke 600 on TV
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #156  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Smile

Tootsie— I went back and read some older postings, and I just had to laugh at your description of the guy who did your front door (a curious conjunction: we're getting a new front door as well) who unloaded to you about his marital problems. I can top that: not only do people tell me all their personal stories—and I did become a psychiatrist to take advantage of that skill—but complete strangers used to approach me in bookstores with questions about horror literature, especially about Stephen King (SK).

Now it just happens that I used to be a very knowledgeable person on the subject of horror lit, and a bigtime SK fan, and for several years around the turn of the century I earned decent money writing about horror lit: book reviews, websites, columns, interviews with authors, the whole nine yards. But do I look like a horror fan? I don't know what a horror fan is supposd to look like, but most people would guess a lot of all-black clothing, weird jewelry & piercings, tattoos with horrific imagery, and so on. I have never looked like that. These people were almost always looking at me in my doctor attire: nondescript but well-made skirts and blouses, plus a jacket or blazer to impart a vague aura of authority. And I wasn't even in the horror section of the store when they asked me their questions! So when I became bipolar and thus disabled for being a physician, that's when I made my transition to Career #2: nonfiction writing about horror lit. =grin=

So keep it in mind, Tootsie: if you ever want to jump ship into a completely different job, it doesn't take that much extra training to turn yourself into someone who gets good money listening to people's stories—a social worker, for example. I mean, if you enjoy other people's stories.... I sure do.

I happen to think that fat people look more approachable because they are, on average, nicer people than those who are not fat. They've known emotional pain, that's for sure. And they know quite a bit about "don't judge a book by its cover." It all adds up to empathy.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #157  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sam ~ Will do

Ubee ~ I was gonna sell them for both reasons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 6:30 this morning and put mineral oil in my ears before taking my shower. Mom and I and my brother were out of the house to start our day by 8:30 this morning. Its now 12:30 p.m. and I still have to go walk and vacuum my room. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:41 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

Fi, glad to hear from you again, but sorry to hear that you are back to falling so much again. Is there anyone who can stay with you while Bob is gone, or look in on you every day?

Sam, congratulations on your loss. That's awesome. You are most certainly doing something right.

Ubee, kudos to DH for saying no to going for a treat. Stay focused. You can do this.

Mae, nice that you are able to have a cheat day and get back on track. I find the getting back on track part getting more difficult for me after a cheat.

Terra, why mineral oil in your ears? What does that do?

I am having a quiet weekend here. DH is in a parade today, which I can hear going by on the next block right now. Yesterday he was gone for awhile to help with their float for today's parade. I am still mainly planted on the couch. My leg feels better than it did and I think some of the inflammation is gone because I'm now able to bend it a little without too much pain. We are going to a cookout tomorrow and I won't be able to elevate it there so I'm trying to rest it as much as I can now.

I hope you're all having a good weekend.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #159  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Cindy ~ It cleans my ears out without having to use a q-tip
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

There is no way I can catch up after being gone for 10+ days but I am back from my cruise!

I ate, um... a LOT. When I first got on my digital scale it showed nothing and I was like OH MY GOD I ATE SO MUCH I BROKE IT!!! but it was just out of batteries. When I put batteries in, well, I'm up about 10 pounds from my lowest weight of a month ago. Well, maybe it'll be just 8 or 9 when I weigh in the morning. And I was already up 7 pounds from earlier, er, indulgences.

I feel pretty good about getting back into my 'eat healthy' routine, though. If I indulge a week or two a year, well, lots of normal weight people do that on cruises and work it off. Hopefully I'll just rebound but I'll see where I am in a month.

I did, however, work out in the gym during the 'sea days', and during 'port days' there was at least a mile or two of walking involved. Plus there were lots of stairs because I was too impatient to wait for elevators much of the time. So I did keep up the fitness, even if the eating went a bit to pot with twice-daily desserts and indulgent main dishes and sides.

(Guilty admission: I ordered a PB&J sandwich at 3am and ate it because I was hungry for a midnight snack and I could.)
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:00 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 350/tracker

Height: 5'10

I don't think I've introduced myself on this thread get. If I did, oh well it wouldn't be the first time I've made a fool out of myself, lol.

So I'm 23 years old, moved to a new city a year ago. It's been a good move, the last place was **** and just stressful awfulness. This city is better in a lot of ways, but there is a lot of crime, luckily I live right behind the police station. But my neighbors were raided a few months before they were evicted, so hmm, how safe is it really LOL. Anyway, aside from the randomness and stressors of life, I'm here for a few reasons.

The first is to honestly and embarassingly to find some new friends. Health issues have kept me homebound and miserable. My old friends are all settling down and having babies and I just can't relate to them anymore. It's hard to get out because of the illness I have, so people get annoyed when I can't do anything at the drop of a hat. I really need some good friends and a support system of people who are in a similar situation as me who can motivate me and keep me accountable in a kind way. My slim, never been fat friends sort of don't get it, you know? And it's not fun when they're way ahead of you saying, come on! And you're a mile behind feeling like you're dying, lol. I'm just very lonely and I wouldn't wish that on my very worst enemy. I don't have any friends that I can count on to be there.

So here are my issues. I'm medically disabled caused by a severe digestive disease that my doctors don't like to find a name for. What it does is causes me to have incredible urgency and diarrhea ~15 times a day. It's lead to hospitalizations from severe dehydration and vitamin deficiencies. I have debilitating stomach pain from this illness as well. They've called it microscopic colitis and most recently my GI said "there is something very wrong with your small intestine but we're not sure what it is or how to fix it." I've been hearing things like this for years. It's very depressing and exhausting. I've done all the tests, I've tried all the treatments that they have given me, I've recently tried digestive enzymes and high quality probiotics but they are too expensive to keep up and didn't help 100% anyway. I have severe GAD, anxiety disorder which started shortly after getting sick. I've had some horrible experiences. The last hospitalization, a nurse abused me. I've been told "wear a diaper," "if you were in a **** concentration camp you'd lose weight." So, it hasn't been an easy road at all. But I am doing everything right according to my health. Taking the medicine, supplements and following doctors orders, doing the invasive tests. I was recently diagnosed with Thyroiditis and Hypothyroidism and I'm taking 100mcg synthroid.

So that's my life, unfortunately. It's extremely depressing and I have no one except a few family members and one good friend that lives 3,000 miles away to turn to. I'm not happy when I wake up most days, who would be?

I'm here to learn how to get healthy and lose weight for myself. I've done everything else for some doctor or for my family. I've never actually done anything for myself in 7 years. Maybe losing weight and having a healthy diet won't cure my illnesses, that's my doctors job anyway and I'm going to hold them accountable to that, but one thing I can do for myself is what I'm doing here. I know that losing weight doesn't magically make you happy, but maybe it will help, and what have I got to lose?

So that's me. I hope I didn't offend or turn anyone off with the TMI. I've already met so many wonderful people here, so thank you for reading this and I look forward to getting to know all of you.
tranquilize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee Thank you!!! I'm gettin there!! Yes plants are a good staple of your diet hehe...I ate so much yesterday but still only managed to eat 1200 calories which is more than usual, but still under my recommended calorie goal each day. I think TOM is lurking.

Mae Sounds like you had a great day with your family and doggies....I've been laid up for two days from over training my legs but I'm back at it today. Hope you enjoy your day!

Cindy I believe I have found my niche to get the pounds coming off again. I was pleasantly surprised at this week's weigh in that's for sure!! I'm so glad to hear that your leg is slowly getting better. I've been having a hard time being home bound this weekend with the bikefest stuff going on. I over worked my legs on Friday so I had to take an unscheduled rest day on Saturday and still could barely move yesterday so I took another day. Going to try and get some cardio in today, my legs are still sore but not as bad. Hope you get to enjoy the cookout today!

Rabid Welcome back!! So happy to hear you enjoyed yourself on your cruise!! And hey bonus points for working out when you could, that's great!! When I went up to VA for Christmas last year I gained about 10 pounds but a lot of it was water weight and I was able to lose the majority of it the first week I was back. My issue was once I was back I needed to stay on track and I wasn't as strict for the first couple months of the year and ended up gaining 6 pound back. I kick myself for it because I could be even closer to my goal for the year had I not been so lax with everything but I'm here and I'm still moving and I'm proud of that. I think for people who have a substantial amount of weight to lose like pretty much all of us, it's hard to find the right balance of indulgence. I am already dreading the holidays and they're six months away.

Tranquilize Hello Darling!!!!! First off, let me start off by giving you the biggest virtual hug ever!!! ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) You have had a hard road, no doubt about that, but you have already made a step in the right direction by finding this website and thread. Everyone here gets it and we are all more than happy to help you during your journey. For me, posting here daily has helped me tremendously. I even took a hiatus at one point thinking I didn't need to post as often and always made up excuses as to why I wasn't here and lemme tell you, you need to be here. I'm sorry that you have such a crazy disease that makes it hard to do simple daily tasks. I had weird thing happen to me where I was going to the bathroom like crazy and at one time thought I had IBS. I wasn't insured at the time so I never got checked out....and let me tell you though I know that is nowhere near what you are going through. Every time I hear someone being abused in a doctor's office or hospital it makes me so mad. I am a believer of science, and always try and support doctor's and nurses but there's always going to be that one @$$hole that ruins the bunch of good doctors and nurses. My best advice is to continue taking the medicines your prescribed. My boss, (who is a complete nut job) has hypothyroidism and is going the "natural" route with helping with her issues and she has the hugest goiter on her neck but yet still seems to think these homeopathic medicine treatments that she spends more money on in a month is working instead of getting health insurance that would be cheaper now that there is no preexisting condition questions. I honestly think if she keeps this up she won't have a thyroid at all or at worst, she will die. You sound like a wonderful person who just needs a friend, and I am here to tell you if you need someone to talk to, ANYTIME, I am here, that's a promise. From my own personal experience of being big my whole life I've never had someone who could truly relate to all of my issues and even some people who could stand to lose some weight had the nerve to judge me as to why it took me over a year to lose 100 pounds. That's the reason I post here. I can talk to my husband about things...He's big too, but growing up he was thin. Not that he can't relate to some of the issues, he battles a slew of medical issues himself, but I don't know what it's like to be thin. We all have our own story, but what makes us all the same is the care and understanding of how hard it is to lose weight. I'm so glad you've posted here...I know I've been going on and on but I want you to know that YOU ARE worth it!!!

So yesterday I had to take another rest day. My legs were so freakin tight going to the bathroom has been such a challenge. I did manage to install my blinds yesterday ALL BY MYSELF!! It looks great and there's more natural light coming in the living room even with the blinds closed. The cats are diggin it. I even managed to spruce up my balcony a bit, cleaned the french door windows inside and out and swept off the balcony and cleaned the table and chairs down there. I need to start measuring for the pallet furniture piece I want to make this summer. I basically want something that is like a bench but is wide enough to look like a small love seat but doesn't have a back to it so if I want to go outside and lay down on it and relax I can, read a book or write something. I've been giving the whole food blog thing a serious thought and I really want to do it. I just need to make time to. Figure out a schedule and even if I do a post once a week I guess that isn't too bad. Does anyone have any good ideas for a name?

I just finished breakfast not too long ago and enjoying a cup o joe. BTW, I found a recipe for home made coffee creamer and tried it out yesterday. It was supposed to taste like the girl scout cookie samoas. After I finished it I couldn't believe how good it tasted. Well I brewed up a pot of decaf and put 2 tbsp in there, that's my normal serving size and I couldn't even taste it in the coffee!! I had to add 3 times the amount that I normally would in order to only slightly taste it and once I could it tasted like barf mixed with the coffee. Not only that, having to add that much more creamer in there caused it to be worse for me than the store bought creamer, except it doesn't have the added ingredients that you can't pronounce. I have another recipe I think I'm going to try today that is a lot simpler than that. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I need to get to work on tidying up the rest of the house. The kitchen didn't get worked on yesterday so I still have that to do. Need to dust the living room and vacuum. May try to get my room picked up but there's always next weekend for that. No major plans for Memorial Day, just going to take it easy. Hope everyone enjoys their day!!! Thank you ALL for being here!!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 05-25-2015 at 10:05 AM.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #163  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I skimmed some of the recent post I just want to you all say strong. Not sure how helpful it is, but there is it.

So I joined two work out challenges and finished up one yesterday with my FB group. It was very anti-climatic, but it got me focused and I realized if I want the scale to move I need to stop the little cheats here and there. i've been home all weekend so yesterday was the first day back. Today I'm going to the movies so it will be the first real test. My weigh in day is Thur or Fri so hoping by then all the not cheating means the scale is moving.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-25-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

SamIAm86 on the 4 pound loss.

I had a great time yesterday on a benifit motorcycle poker run for a great biker woman who was the victim of a hit and run driver. I logged 266 miles round trip from home with a great group of old and new friends. Some of it under water LMAO we went through a couple of rain storms that were incredible. Rain hurt like being hit with hail and in some points the water was ankle deep while riding the bike. I could not have been any wetter if I had swam across the Gulf of Mexico. We we all laughing our butts off when we got to a stop. A group of drowned rats we were but it could not be for a better cause than to help this friend.

On the plus side MFP logged 1339 calories burned from 8 hours of motorcycle riding and I stayed on my Atkins plan.

5/24/2015 6g Carbs, 105g Fat, 66g Protein

My Daily Goal 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #165  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Tranquil: Your condition sounds horrible. I can't believe that they haven't found a cause. I know a lady with those symptoms. She had colon cancer. They took part of her intestine out. She has to take vitamins by shot or sublingually, but she says that her life is a lot better because she isn't constantly going to the bathroom and in pain all the time. Another person I know just had a food allergen that was uncommon. We hear about gluten and lactose allergies all the time, but a person can really be allergic to just about anything. Getting those types of food out of one's diet can really help if that is the problem. I'm surprised if your medical professionals haven't tested you for allergic reactions to food because your symptoms sound serious.

People can be real *******s! If I didn't experience care abuse myself, I wouldn't believe it. I'm so sorry that they mistreated you. No one deserves that. People still think that it's okay to bully and abuse non average weight people. It's just wrong to hurt anyone in that manner. I will say that that speaks volumes about them as a person. Karma can be a real *****. When they are old and feeble, if they keep up their sour attitude, no one will care if they die. I don't wish that on them, but they are bringing it to themselves. When all you care about is appearance in this life, and appearance fades, then what do you fall back on when you aren't attractive anymore? People tolerate the abuse of attractive *******s because they are attractive. When they aren't attractive, that tolerance goes away. I pointed this out to one of these bullies, and they didn't have an answer as to what they will fall back on.

My sister was thin without even trying, growing up. My parents were fat. I was the only fat child, out of my siblings. My brothers and parents bullied me relentlessly. I hung out with friends that were overweight. Overall, I found them to be nicer people than their thin counterparts. I've lost touch with them, so, I don't really have friends, either. The ladies, and men, on this board are some of the nicest people that you'll ever "meet". So when you are feeling alone, just post. Chances are, someone on here will be happy to help you along. I hope that things turn out for the better for you. I don't really know what else to say.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote