Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #31  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

I miss Ubee and Betsy as well.

Cindy: Congrats on the shirts fitting. It's so exciting, isn't it?!

Sam: I'm so sorry that your friend passed. It's nice that you got something to remember him by. I agree that we all need to keep interacting with each other.

Rapid: 3.5 miles is awesome, and 80 minutes isn't that bad, that's less than 30 minutes/mile, approximately 23 minutes/mile.

Terra: Hope that your med appointment went okay.

Did 3 miles again today. I'm really not liking the bingo wings on my arms. I'm hoping to be able to lift weights to help fix that soon. I can't lift until next week because of the surgeon's orders. I drank chocolate milk today, which I haven't had in a long time. It tasted overly sweet. Used to, I would happily dump a whole hoard of syrup in milk. Now I have a tablespoon or two. It's weird, but since exercising, I've found that my nose has gotten better at smelling. Earlier today, I smelled marshmallows on my kitchen counter from near my living room. I didn't eat any of them, which is a miracle. Maybe that has something to do with the milk being sweet now?

Last edited by tootsieroll81; 05-05-2015 at 10:24 PM.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Cindy Thank you so much for your kind words ...Great job on getting into some smaller clothes...it's always a nice feel for sure...you're doing an awesome job!

Tootsie Thanks for the love as well darlin. I know what you mean about things being sweet. I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth in the form of bread and sugar but I don't eat near as many sweet things as I used to. This week I've started measuring out an exact serving of coffee creamer instead of just eyeballing it and I definitely see what 1 TBSP of creamer is now lol...I actually don't mind it even though I like my coffee so strong it'll grow hair on your chest haha...Great job on the 3 miles!

Ok now, where is everyone else at??? It's getting quiet her and now I'm starting to worry. Ubee GET BACK HERE!!!! Fi Hope you are doing well my darling, I'm thinking of you often. Rabid and Terra Hope you've had a good day and are staying OP

I'm posting in between periods of the hockey game since I got home late. I went to my grandmas after work for a visit plus I had to pick up the keys to her house. She and my mom are leaving for Dallas to visit my cousin and my aunt on Friday and I'm watching their 3 cats and their dog while they're gone. Today was a scheduled rest day so it was nice to get to catch up with them. I did an easy dinner tonight, rotisserie chicken with no skin and green beans. Doing good on the diet front and am eating less than 50 g carbs this week easy peasy. I think I have that down. My only worry is that those egg cups I made for the morning has 20g of fat for two little cups. Most of my other meals are low in fat, for instance I only took in 36g of fat for the day so maybe it's not so bad getting a big boost of fat in the morning to burn throughout the day. I have noticed I don't need a snack mid morning much anymore since I've been eating them. My stats today are 36g fat, 34g carb and 80g protein, 770 calories. I know a lot of what I eat is low cal so I usually barely make it to 1000 calories a day but not sure how the other stats measure up. I don't feel like I'm starving myself so I'm just going to keep going with this, but your input is welcomed

I'm off to finish the hockey game and get a shower and then bedtime. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

GO CAPS!!!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:54 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.
I'm so sorry for worrying anyone. We took a trip up north and I forgot my computer and I didn't have my password with me.
Sam yes to the food blog! Holding my breath until the official weigh in. Eggs are once again considered a perfect food so please keep them in your diet. I do best when eating my eggs. So happy to hear the good news from your Dr.
tootsie your exercising is getting impressive! I hear you on the wings. Every time I see a shirt with sleeves going down to the elbow I get excited as they are few and far between.
Cindy congrats on fitting into smaller clothing. I love it when that happens.
rabid I am also a very slow walker but they say it is how far you go not how fast. We can be thin turtles together.
Terra how is the exercise going? Do you still do your chair exercises?

I am doing OK. Food is hit or miss and there always seems to be a special occasion to use as an excuse.
I do agree with Sam. It is so important to keep posting. If I could lose a pound for every post I saw that started out "I was doing so well and then I stopped posting and gained back all I had lost plus more."
Our group keeps healthy eating as a priority in my life. It is seldom if ever my top priority but in good times it is really good. In bad times in helps prevent me from getting totally out of control.
Thanks for being here!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 AM   #34  
There and Back Again

Nice to see you back Ubee! We were getting worried. Now if Fi would show up...
Old 05-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #35  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I'm here, Tootsie. It's kind of you to worry. It's just that my postings have had little to do with weight loss for quite some time—and no doubt will continue in that vein for quite some time to come.

I have no word on the two days' worth of nasty tests—just that the MRIs of my cranium and my neck vertebrae showed no abnormalities aside from age-related changes. ("What?! I have the brain of a 25-year-old!" ...except that when I was a 25-yr-old, I didn't have the knowledge and experience... =laugh=) The most positive thing I have to say about the state of my spasms, my limited mobility (does it count as a mobility factor that I am barely able to stand?), my inability to get to my upstairs studio, my relationship with Bob, etc., is that the last item I just listed is in great shape (Go Team!). It took us about a week to do it, but we've fine-tuned even the bathroom routines so that they preserve both my privacy and Bob's sanity: having a large-size shower stool was/is a big help.

The cats, on the other hand, have not been a big help. They're utterly fascinated by every detail of our behavior, and they can jump higher than Bob (who's 5' 9") can reach. Forget ladders and step-stools... they can climb much higher than they can jump, and people, especially tall people, count as easy-access climbing aids. =laugh=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #36  
There and Back Again

Fi: Kitties climbing Bob make for an amusing vision in my head. . They sound adorable. I'm glad that you are finding ways to manage.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee Thanks for posting so we knew what was up ...Glad you were able to take a little trip, hope it was nice. I'm going to figure out a way to get this food blog up and running but it's going to take some time and some careful planning. I do eat eggs on a weekly basis but never this many in a week. I am thinking of going back to my oatmeal in the morning and maybe having some boiled egg whites on the side or something or try an egg substitute. I need of thing of something because the fact that I'm taking in a 20g of fat breakfast this week is scaring me a little. I've been kind of weighing in here and there during the week but never in the morning but it's giving me some sort of outlook on what my loss might be this week. It's all trial and error and I know I'll get it all figured out I'm glad you're still here and happy to be here for you!

Fi Thanks for posting hun...I was worried too. I know your posts aren't about weight loss but I like to think of this group as a little family, and if something is wrong we want to know about it. Keep posting no matter what it is and if you don't feel comfortable posting for awhile, that's ok too just let us know, we'll understand. I'm sorry you haven't heard yet on the tests but nice to know you have a nice young brain! So funny to hear about your cats and their jumping...reminds me of my oldest jumping the full length of our sliding glass doors to try and catch a bird when she was a little one.

Tootsie Hope you're having a good day my dear!! How are things going?

Hello to everyone else...miss our group so please come back!

Well it's been raining all day here in Myrtle Beach and is supposed to rain all weekend. My plan on Saturday was to take my mom's dog to this lake that DH and I walked last week and get her nice and tired and also get me nice and tired haha....But I don't know if that's going to happen because of the rain, we shall see. Work was pretty nice, not too busy and I got a lot of work done...the typical day of an insurance agent, pretty boring so I won't bore you with details.

Tonight I'm doing a cardio video and following it up with some weight lifting for arms. Looks like it'll be a long work out tonight. I was going to skip arms and do them tomorrow, but I need to do a quick work out tomorrow, my mom and grandma are traveling to Dallas tomorrow so I have to go over there at a decent hour to take care of her animals. DH and I are staying the weekend over there and are going to check in with our fur babies and aquatic baby in between time. We'll be over there until Tuesday morning when my mom flies back in. I'll have computer access so I'll definitely keep posting. I just hope my work out sessions go good. I'll have to get Saturday and Monday's workout planned since my videos are on my computer.

Well I better get to my workout...Hope everyone has had a good day. Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #38  

Hi everyone.
Sam I am glad you realize that we are all different and listen to our advice and then find what works for you. It is an ever changing game because let's face it life is. Will there be tempting foods at your moms house?
Fi I am with everyone else. We want to know how you are doing. You are so important to our group! Today I was talking with a friend and she was telling me about how she was in a wheel chair years ago and every thing she described sounded similar to your experience. She said she had rare form of fibromyalgia. Anyhow she is much improved and it gave me hope that you will soon be up and about and free from what is ailing you.
tootsie it appears your wish is our command. I love how you wished to hear from Fi and poof there she is. Could you wish for all of us to lose all our desired weight and have an easy time maintaining please? I read something you wrote to a poster in another thread and I think you have great depth. Please feel free to always offer advice to me if you think it will help. That holds true for all of you. I appreciate all the help I can get.
My sugar demon is spinning our of control. It is back to the point where I need to have something very not on plan at least once a day. I am also starting to get crabby from too many carbs. I have had to buy larger clothes and am afraid I may not be able to get a grip on this. I know what I have to do. I have to go cold turkey.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #39  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sam ~ Yes I'm staying on plan. Yes I enjoyed my day yesterday and I'm enjoying my day today as well.

Cindy ~ I like relaxing days at home too. Why now that its warmer you dont have relaxing days at home?

Tootsie ~ Yeah it went good, Thanks for asking.

Ubee ~ Yeah I still do my chair exercises

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Evening Ladies!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt do much today but I went to a doctor's appt. and thats it. I still need to go for my walk before it gets dark. I also need to do the dishes as well. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Just checking in, I've been sick today and hoping it's just allergies and that I feel better because I have a 5k to do this weekend! I picked up my race packet today. It's just a small town race so shouldn't be more than 1000 people tops. And there were people of all ages and sizes (okay, I was the biggest, but not everyone was a model athlete by any stretch) picking up packets. Hoping it goes well! I'll report back.

Meanwhile, I got my next Blue Apron order. That's the service that ships you ingredients to make meals at home, that feature at least a few unusual ingredients per meal. Apparently this weekend I am eating a cactus! Okay. Interesting!
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #41  
There and Back Again

Fi: Keep typing. We like to know how your life is going and that you are okay, regardless of whether it's about weight loss or not. Weight loss is multifaceted anyway. It's more than just eat less, burn more. It's also about emotions, medical conditions, and physical capabilities.

Ubee: If I was a genie, I'd happily grant the wish of all of us getting to our ideal weights and maintaining it easily. Unfortunately, I'm just human. It is cute how that happened. . You will get a grip on the sugar cravings. Be forgiving of yourself, okay? We are all human. We all have those days. It's how we react that counts. If you need one a day, that's fine, just make sure that your total calories line up with what they need to be to maintain or lose. We're seeking improvement, not perfection.

Sam: Going to your mom's should be a nice change of pace. It's nice to mix things up a bit. A bummer about the rain and possibly not going to Myrtle Beach though...

Terra: Thanks for wishing us all a nice day. Hopefully yours is going well.

Betsy: We miss you.

Things are going okay. Had a treat within my calorie budget today. I actually feel kind of yucky after that. My calves are still quite sore from trying to do a bit more than usual the other day. I wanted to get some exercise in today. I don't really feel like doing much other than walking. The scale says I'm up a pound, but I haven't been strict on water. I was over calories one day, but not that much. I suspect that the soreness signifies possible muscle growth.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #42  
There and Back Again

Rapid: Eating a cactus sounds interesting. Let us know how it turns out. The 5k sounds exciting. Great job!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #43  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

I haven't done much writing recently, despite the fact that being stranded on the green futon next to the big window at the front of the house would seem like an ideal situation for getting caught up on my correspondences.

I am reading, mostly a history of the cultural changes in the Western world (i.e., Europe and the U.S.) by Jacques Barzun. He's a scholar prone to digressions, so all my hundreds of pages of reading so far hasn't gotten us (Barzun & me) out of the 16th century. =sigh=

This sort of reading—what I would call "recreational reading"—is new to me. I used to read more fiction, like the entire set of novels by Michael Connelly featuring a main character homicide cop named Hieronymus Bosch ("Harry Bosch" for short). I read them all through twice, which is also new for me—that much re-reading.

What sort of recreational reading do y'all read? Do you read fiction or nonfiction? Do you re-read the books you like?

By the way, rabidstoat, my husband often makes me omelets with cactus in them. Yum!

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-11-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Hi all. I'm back home and just trying to get caught up. I won't do personals for everyone -- with my tendency to wordiness, I'd use up a whole page by myself! But I do want to give a big shoutout to Sam for hitting the magical 100 pound point. So so so so happy for you and proud of you.

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip around the Olympic Peninsula and did really well on eating right.......until I hit Tuesday and everything just fell apart. I ended up gaining 5 pounds although as fat as my fingers are today I imagine some of that is water weight. But I also noticed something while I was in the campgrounds. First, in mid-week in May, it was basically people like me; i.e., retired folks who came during the week to avoid the crush that occurs on the weekends. Lots of people out strolling around, enjoying the beach, walking their dogs (I am not alone in my craziness of camping with a large dog -- saw one woman with 3 dogs) etc. I also noticed lots of people sitting in the campsites just enjoying the sun and listening to the ocean.

What I noticed -- and this isn't a shock -- is that all the strollers were thin people who moved with no hesitancy while the sitters were shaped more like me; i.e., fat. When we sitters did get up and move about, we did appear to be ships rolling in high seas......you know that gait where the weight shifts from side to side. Obviously lots of people with either arthritis or else sore joints. I also noticed that the sitters always had something to either drink and/or eat on the table next to them.

So, no great insights here but I'm back with a renewed desire to be a stroller instead of a sitter (sounds like types of dogs!). On that happy note, I need to unload the RV, get things cleaned out and get back on the wagon.

Back to personals and catching up tomorrow.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #45  

Hi everyone.
Welcome back Betsy! I am with you on being a stroller from now on. I do not want my family to be the fat family.
Fi I used to read all kinds of books. Then as my life changed and I became a caregiver my reading switched to reading about health ailments. (Alzheimer's, Parkinsons, Autism)
tootsie thanks for your kind words. Progress not perfection, if I could just get it through my head...
rabid I have never had cactus. How was it? Care to share more details on the meal?
Terra did you get any of that nasty weather I saw on the news?
Sam stay on plan so we can have the big celebration on Sunday! I am warming up my 100 down pom poms! (No pressure!)
I am having a good day so far. I will be avoiding obvious sugar from now on. This will require a lot of planning ahead. My friends chickens are laying eggs like a pez dispenser. I will keep my fridge stocked with deviled eggs.
My two new shirts came from Jessica London. I love them. They look nice and summery and the sleeves go down to the top of my elbows. It is the first time I ordered from them and it won't be the last.
It feels good to feel good.
Have a peaceful, healthy day.