Old 05-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #61  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Obsidian. Did the 3 mile workout yesterday. My calves are really sore. I may take it easy today, as in just walking instead of the Lesline Sansone vids.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:03 AM   #62  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Workout done. Pilates...I'm not sure how much I actually did, but finished..and I feel..better? Might be a good after work workout...was very relaxing. My gym has a ton of pilates classes, but I feel like a beached whale flopping around..at home I actually enjoyed it....

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 05-07-2015 at 05:05 AM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I didn't work out tonight (5/6) feeling guilty about it, but hopefully that means I'll work that much harder tomorrow.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:45 AM   #64  
Intuituve Eater

Seems like you pushed the last couple workouts..might just need a break and back at it tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
I didn't work out tonight (5/6) feeling guilty about it, but hopefully that means I'll work that much harder tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:37 AM   #65  
There and Back Again

Obsidian: I know that you were being humorous with the beached whale comment, but we really need to work on not doing the negative self-talk. I doubt that we would ever say anything like that to our friends and family, so why say it to yourself?
Old 05-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #66  
Intuituve Eater

Thumbs down

Um to me it wasn't a negative...comment and I would totally talk to my friend family and random strangers like that. I would TELL someone that because I don't know how they would take it, but shrug I don't have an issues with it. If you felt it was a negative comment I'm sorry but I wasn't putting myself down just saying how I felt. Also I was feeling pretty positive till you made it into a negative thing.

Funny I was perfectly positive till you posted your comment. I'll go back to lurking.

Something while we all have a common goal of getting healthier and/or losing weight...you don't know me.....I think I would have taken it better if you had just said I was offended by your beached whale comment..rather than assuming who I would or wouldn't have said it to.

Anyway, Good Luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
Obsidian: I know that you were being humorous with the beached whale comment, but we really need to work on not doing the negative self-talk. I doubt that we would ever say anything like that to our friends and family, so why say it to yourself?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #67  
There and Back Again

Obsidianbbw: You missed the whole point. I did NOT (caps for emphasis, not yelling), assume that you would talk to friends and family that way. My point is, that if you won't talk about your family that way, then why should you say those things to yourself. "Beached whale", when talking about anyone, especially yourself, even when you are trying to be funny is not a positive comment. My point is to treat yourself nicely. Until you start being forgiving of yourself when you make mistakes and talking nice to yourself, getting the weight off is going to be nearly impossible. If one comment taken out of context gets to you, then you are not in the right place emotionally. I'm talking from experience. Instead of getting offended, you should stop and consider the message I'm trying to convey because I don't want you to make the same mistakes that I have and still do from time to time. I'm trying to help you. I'm sorry if my honesty offended you. I wasn't offended by your beached whale comment, I was saddened that you think of yourself in that manner.

Last edited by tootsieroll81; 05-07-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling, grammar
Old 05-07-2015, 06:05 PM   #68  
300+ Chick

Hello all..

Sorry for missing in action for the past days...Was busy and did my walking..but missed on Wed and Thurs.. I will be walking on friday..

Obsidain..

Catch you all later..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #69  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Just went for my 30 min walk.....Will do it all over again tomorrow
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #70  

Thank you Obsidianbbw <3, I just felt bad slacking off yesterday *ack* lol. It feels good to look forward to exercising and to enjoy sweating , knowing I am burning years of binges slowly but surely. To Tootsie, not to reopen the wound, but I definitely understanding about negative self-talk, one of my pet peeves is when someone who is a lot smaller than I goes on about how "fat" they are, because if they perceive themselves as so "gross and out of shape", what must they think of me? But we're our own worst critics, knowing there is another woman who weighs a lot more than I doesn't make me thin. While I think you and I are on the same page about body acceptance & positivity, some people do lose weight focusing on the negatives of being overweight. Just as some people respond to negative comments with success, others hide in their shells when they are criticized or even complimented. When people have said bad things to me it used to make me want to hide & eat, now it makes me think "I must be doing something right, keep going!" lol. I love the phrase "haters are motivators" but I didn't always think this way.

We're doing great, let's keep going, I can't wait to see where we all are in the next 3-5 months! WTG everyone! <3

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-08-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:51 AM   #71  

I got my mile and a half in, feeling good (at nearly 5 in the morning ).
Old 05-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #72  
There and Back Again

Candid: I think that being accepting of our on bodies, flaws and all, doesn't mean that we can't try to improve ourselves, it means that we won't beat ourself up about the flaws. It's difficult to do, when we're taught from a young age to be highly critical of ourselves. I agree, that sometimes that is a motivator, but it can also be a very negative thing.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #73  
Intuituve Eater

I think we're just gonna to disagree. Weirdly I was on the phone doing server maintenance yesterday and said the exact same comment and got woo hoo happy we're happy.

Shrug.

The other side is I missed posting and after I got over being unhappy I realized in your own way you were trying to be positive.....Hopefully we'll get to know each other better and it will work itself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
Obsidianbbw: You missed the whole point. I did NOT (caps for emphasis, not yelling), assume that you would talk to friends and family that way. My point is, that if you won't talk about your family that way, then why should you say those things to yourself. "Beached whale", when talking about anyone, especially yourself, even when you are trying to be funny is not a positive comment. My point is to treat yourself nicely. Until you start being forgiving of yourself when you make mistakes and talking nice to yourself, getting the weight off is going to be nearly impossible. If one comment taken out of context gets to you, then you are not in the right place emotionally. I'm talking from experience. Instead of getting offended, you should stop and consider the message I'm trying to convey because I don't want you to make the same mistakes that I have and still do from time to time. I'm trying to help you. I'm sorry if my honesty offended you. I wasn't offended by your beached whale comment, I was saddened that you think of yourself in that manner.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #74  
Intuituve Eater

No workout today since I was up to till 1am doing stuff for work, but funny everytime I sneeze my stomach hurts. When I was doing the pilates I wasn't sure I was getting an effective workout, but my abs are currently screaming yes your did. The other good thing is I hate doing ab work but can't wait till tomorrow to do the pilates again. I am going to TRY to get some cardio in tonight
Old 05-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #75  
Intuituve Eater

Yeah back at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
I got my mile and a half in, feeling good (at nearly 5 in the morning ).