Old 04-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #166  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Today my breakfast was two large cookies, along with my coffee w/ cream of course. I realize this morning that I am more or less consciously choosing to gain weight during this weird illness of cramps in my legs that prevent me from standing, walking, or driving. (Please don't think the part about not driving is a joke or something. I am a Houstonian, so I grew up on the freeways, my hand-me-down 1970 Buick LeSabre my ticket to private time, freedom, solace. Cars, and driving for fun, run deep in my DNA.)

Choosing to gain weight? How can that be possible? How can it be a good thing? It's a good thing because the taste and texture (oatmeal raisin is my favorite) of cookies are so pleasurable to me, they're making up, a wee bit, for the pain and deprivation I am suffering. They're almost as good as opiates.

I read one time a nonfiction story in which the author had suffered nine fractures of his legs when he was run over by a truck. He described how he had to have daily physical therapy to learn how to walk again: his therapist was a stern taskmaster, making him work hard, harder, hardest, even when he was in excruciating pain. But at the end of each session, his therapist gently gave him a morphine shot, so by the time he was taken back to his hospital room, he was floating on the blissful, serene clouds of the opium poppy.

So I don't give myself grief for the occasional cookie or three. I strive, in my own way—without physical therapy—to keep my walking muscles ready for the day I return my rented wheelchair to the Coop. I'm hurting, a lot. There will be plenty of time, when this ordeal is all over, to re-commit to losing weight.

I believe in CHOICE: whatever you have, whomever you are, choose it. Choosing to be a large woman does not prevent you from choosing to lose weight. You can do both, just as spring brings colorful flowers and the pleasant sound of birdsong.

Last edited by Fiona W; 04-26-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Rabid Oh I hate rats!! I'm lucky we don't really get mice or rats too much around here but I agree with you on being a pain. I hope you enjoy your cruise! I've never been on one before either....You're pretty brave though I don't think I could go on a cruise all by myself.

Mandy Great job on the loss!! You are right about us hurting ourselves more than others ever could...I never think I'm good enough for anyone. I've been in the same relationship for 12 years and do pretty much everything for the family as DH is disabled, but I often tell myself I'm still not enough...I could be doing more for DH or be able to give him this. He has my whole heart and I know he thinks differently than me, but there are times I wonder if he would be better off without me. It's hard not to think this way especially if you've thought like that your whole life. I think being on this journey is a learning process for us physically because of the eating right and exercise, but even more so mentally because we need to learn to love ourselves and make ourselves realize that we are enough and our size has nothing to do with it. It's something I deal with daily but I am getting better...don't be disappointed it's just relearning....and you are amazing woman!

Donna It does sound like you had a rough day with the chores yesterday too LOL....I have learned that I shouldn't try and install blind by myself HAHA...DH and I are going to go get the things we need to install them this afternoon and with his help I should have them done today hopefully. I hope your boy has a great time while he's away and that even though you'll miss him you'll get some me time for yourself

Fi I love your post and I agree with you. You are going through a lot right now and if you choose not to work on eating the way you feel you should to lose weight than so be it. It's your choice and sometimes when you're dealing with a lot it's hard to do more than one thing at a time. Do you, and that's all that matters. My hat goes off to you lovely because I don't know if I could make it in your shoes <3

This is going to be a quick post because I'm running late getting ready to meet my friend at the salon for my hair appointment. I only lost .6 pounds today. I felt so down about it. I know who I am does not reflect what the number on the scale reads, but I just feel like I'm working so hard, think I'm doing everything right and that's all I have to show for the week? I'm not going to let it get me down and on the bright side of things, I may not have lost much weight this week but I'm still losing in my measurements. I'm slowly getting there and I'm going to fight tooth and nail until I reach my goals. I am NEVER giving up. I have come too far to throw in the towel. Also, I just discovered TOM showed it's head this morning after breakfast so that also could be why I haven't lost as much. I know most people wouldn't be happy about TOM but I am. I thought it wasn't going to come this month and I was worried that maybe I had done something health wise to not keep it coming. So that I am happy about.

I'm thinking about making mini weekly goals for myself on things I want to improve...whether it be something with my eating, the exercise, with my mind, my hobbies, etc...Just a goal or something that I want to work on each week. This week I think I'm going to focus more on doing more Turbo Jam videos and watch my intake on sugar and carbs. I really didn't think this week that I hate a bunch of either since I am seriously watching everything, but maybe I need to sit back and evaluate it at each meal and think it through before I eat. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their day! I'm so excited to be getting my sparkle back! I'll post a photo later this afternoon so you all can see!

Take care my loves!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Sounds like everyone is having interesting -- and challenging! -- weekends.

Sam Well, Chick-fil-a was a bust. There were lines out the door just to order, traffic was backed up for a couple of blocks, and the take out line round through a huge parking lot. Love their food, but I am not willing to go through that for a chicken sandwich. I let my nephew pick out the place we'd eat -- ended up at Old Country Buffet. So-so food, but the people watching was wonderful! Your bathroom experience at 4 AM sounds........HORRENDOUS! Considering their slow or no response to previous maintenance issues, it's nice to know that when they're worried about having two apartments with water damage that they can get there immediately. I can't imagine that the lady downstairs didn't get some water through her ceiling. Watch out for mold growth. In addition to needing metal screws, you will also need a special drill bit that can go through metal or at least something to start the hole. Have fun getting your hair done. And, finally, remember that any loss is better than gaining it back. Your determination will get you there!
rabidstoat Oh, if I were you I'd be in a definite mood where someone would know that I was upset. I'd also be looking for a different pest exterminator. How horrible to find a hole in your eaves that large. The only thing I can figure out is that they put the treatment on the ground and didn't look up. Hate dealing with things like that! Yes, the theory says that you should be able to lose weight at 2000 calories a day at 300 pounds. The theory has nothing to do with reality. Unfortunately, finding your sweet spot for losing does take food tracking along with lowering your calorie intake by 100-200 calories per week until you find the new spot where you'll lose weight. The cruise sounds like fun. I went on one a few years ago, but made the mistake of going with "friends." We literally got on the boat and they said that they'd see me at supper each night. Then they had put down that they wanted a small table just for the 3 of us, so there was no chance to meet other people. I finally met some other single people and we hung out by watching people at lunch time go through the serving line. Everyone just sits together kind of helter skelter, so it's a good chance to meet people. Hope you have a great time.
Donna Oh my. Did you feel like you were living proof that bad things come in threes? What a horrible day! But I do love that you watched a movie with your little guy. Toby is in 7th heaven as Becky has been over here for the last week. I'm beginning to lose my mind (or what little is left of it).
Fi Totally agree that this journey is all about making choices. And, I'm not sure I even think that from a food perspective there are bad choices so much as maybe ones that could have been better nutritionally, but that didn't meet any other needs. And I dread the day where one of the boys comes and informs me that he's taking the keys to the car. I definitely don't want to be one of those old geezers whose driving puts others at risk, but taking my car away from me.......I have visions of them having to bury my car keys with me because they couldn't pry them out of my hand.

Woke up to blue sky this morning, but it's gradually clouding up. We've got rain forecast, and I'm hoping I can procrastinate long enough to avoid going out to cut the grass. I do need to clean inside, reconcile the checkbook, and could probably get the downstairs windows washed today even if it does rain since the floored deck protects that whole area. I've been a slug in terms of getting things done around here for the last couple of days, so time to get it back in gear.

No damage from two meals out this week. Back on track today. I discovered last night that while having a day or two off is relaxing, the ennui that comes with it definitely makes me want to eat junk. Plus, just taking in more carbs makes me want to eat even more carbs. So, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to fewer carbs (under 50g/day) so I can get rid of the cravings.

Time to make breakfast. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies.

Yesterday I did well with eating at the party. The problem came with the leftovers I brought home. I was hungry because there really wasn't very much at the party that I considered healthy enough to eat. I came home hungry and immediately heated up some of the baked ziti. And then some more. And let's not forget the Italian bread to go with it. I was stuffed and let me just say it is possible to gain 5 lbs. overnight. Ugh.

Today is a new day and so far it's going ok. I had an on plan breakfast and now I'm thinking about lunch, which will be something healthy and light, so I believe I'm back on track, but I definitely feel sluggish today and in a funk. I don't think I will accomplish much today, except making my big salad for lunches during the week.

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

MaeCrochet your post reminded me of one of my favorite book quotes, where the protagonist (after beating himself up mentally) thinks: "I would never let anyone treat one of my friends as bad as I treat myself." That is soooo true for so many of us!

SamIAm I like the idea of weekly goals. I especially like the idea of goals that are totally in your control. Like, a goal of losing 2 pounds is hard, because you can do everything 'right' and still have the scale not cooperate. Whereas a goal to 'eat healthy' (however it's defined for you) is under your control.

This weekend has gone so fast, and I have no idea what I've done. Just... nothing. Though I did cook today, which is a rarity for me -- red beans and rice and then some creole okra. I brought that and some corn bread from the bakery over to my friend's house for a late lunch. Her husband is a regional airline pilot so he's out of town for days at a time, and she has three little ones under the age of three at home. On the weekends she goes nuts, so I came over to offer a bit of adult conversation while they (sort of) napped, and brought some lunch and leftovers to help her out.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through three more weeks at work before my vacation. I feel like I need a pre-vacation vacation....
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #171  

Betsy I have to say I was surprised that they came out so fast. I thought we would end up having to move because of the damage if they waited too long. Glad your eating out didn't cause any trauma this week with your weight. I am doing some serious research this week on what I can do to change up my diet and get to losing again...I'm ok with it only being a pound of 2 a week. I know that's normal, but I feel like I'm doing everything I can to get the weight off and now it's not budging much. How do you eat under 50g of carbs a day? I am so curious about that because I know that is something I seriously need to do. I don't eat a lot of carb type starches but I know there are carbs in fruit and veggies too. I am back to tracking my food on MFP this week to see where I am with my eating and the calories in, calories out, but I'm not really sure where to go in terms of cutting more carbs. Any advice?

Cindy Pasta ALWAYS makes me bloat and feel nasty when I eat it so I feel your pain. At least today (er, yesterday) you were productive in making salads which is a great step and key to losing weight in my opinion. Hope your bloating goes away soon

Rabid I'm with ya with the goals that are in our control. My major goal this week is to re-evaluate everything I've been doing up to this point and see what changes I need to make. Eating the way I have up until this point has been great, but I may need to cut more calories now that my body has gotten smaller in order to get the weight to fluctuate. Luckily I do know that even though my loss on the scale wasn't much, I'm still losing in my measurements which means I am losing fat and not muscle, a plus ...So this week is a new learning process for me to figure things out.

Today went by so smoothly. I took a break from some of the time consuming work that I do from day to day and got caught up on all of my paperwork. It didn't get filed but I'm not in any hurry to do the filing as the boss's son will be coming soon to help out....at least that's what I've been told. I was able to do a few things here and there but today was focused mainly on paperwork. I didn't have my boss there bothering me every so many minutes when she thinks of something else she meant to tell me so I actually got stuff done. The poor girl that works more closely with her had a sign of relief so she was able to get stuff done too. I have been taking Betsy's advice and not staying late after work. If that becomes a mandatory thing that I need to stay at least an hour to get caught up then I'll do it, and require my usual hourly rate in order to do such thing. The work will be there tomorrow when I get there so whatever I don't get done in that day well tough. I just took my vacation in December like I do each year but I do already feel like another vacation is in order. I wish we got 2 weeks vacation so I could take a week in the spring and a week in the winter but it is what it is.

Tonight I'm going to do some cardio for my exercise. I just had a snack of some strawberries and 2 pieces of canadian bacon that was thinly sliced. After my work out I'll be making tacos out of pork tenderloin. It's the only meat I have left in the house until pay day and DH wanted tacos so that's what I'm making. I will probably just make some sort of taco salad for myself or just do what I usually do and use romaine leaves as my taco wrap. As much as I love beans I'm going to stay away from them tonight and watch the amount of cheese and sour cream I use or maybe even eliminate the cheese all together. I gotta get this weight off...I'm tired of just bobbing up and down and pushing so hard and not seeing the results I want. I don't want to get discouraged from it and stop because then I'll be back where I was a year ago and I have worked too hard to go backwards.

So I'm off...Maybe I'll check out that geenaw website Betsy was mentioning tonight to see what I find. Have a great evening everyone!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #172  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

I got a dress in the mail today, for pics. The darn thing is too big. I can never find the right size for me. Even if I exchange it, I won't have another one in time for the pics.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsieroll81 View Post
I got a dress in the mail today, for pics. The darn thing is too big. I can never find the right size for me. Even if I exchange it, I won't have another one in time for the pics.

Do you think you can take it to have it altered in time?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
I am feeling better. Now I am just fighting the urge to give up the weight loss fight. Making myself post and promising to be back tomorrow.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:15 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Grumble, mutter. This week has started no better than the last. I'm just super-stressed at work, I have three weeks until my vacation and I feel like I can't make it! I still think I need a pre-vacation vacation, is that a thing???

Though after a cruddy 12-hour day (though 90 minutes of it was an extended lunch hour to do some shopping, at least) my thought process did not run toward "let me get a burger and fries and shake!" like it has in the past. I am more mopey, which is maybe not the best of improvements. But I came home and took a 30 minute walk outside, since it's a nice day and I thought that might pick up my mood. But, nope. Afterward I decided to leave the kitchen a mess until tomorrow (since I still haven't cleaned after yesterday's cooking), made myself a bowl of cereal for dinner, and have retreated to my bed and my laptop.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #176  
There and Back Again

Sam: Nope, apparently the only one that I know of is slammed with prom and weddings, so it could be a good couple of weeks. I just can't believe that the dress was too big. I ordered it like 2 weeks ago.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:27 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning.
I still am not my usual self. I need to eat healthy and small meals. Plain and simple I need to be kind to my body.
Tootsie sorry about your dress issue but on the positive side, you are too small for it!!!
rabid good for you on not giving in to old bad habits.
Sam you appear to be in what I call the hump stage. At first you have the honeymoon stage only to be followed by the hump stage. Some call it a plateau but from my observation if you stay strong and committed you will eventually get over the hump and go lower. However if you start to give up and give in to excuses you will backslide and start regaining. It can be a very trying time. You got this. Stay strong!
Cindy how are you? Sorry about the funk but get back on that horse.
Betsy 249 days left until 2016! I really wish I felt better because I miss your witty comments. Just another reason to eat right.
Fi hope you are doing better. It is always about choice healthy or not we do have a choice.
Hi Donna, Terra, Mae, ...
I feel healthy enough to commit to posting daily but please remember my brain is more fuzzy then usual so if something comes out wrong forgive me.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #178  
There and Back Again

Rapid: Good job for not falling back into old habits.

Fi: I don't think that I would be able to focus on weight loss if I was in that much pain, so I can't fault you for having a couple of cookies. (I wouldn't fault you anyways, I love cookies, and food in itself isn't bad.)

Sam: Are you hydrated enough? I find that when I drink less H2O that I tend to keep on weight. Also, remember, as you get smaller, your ability to shift a lot of weight gets harder. So, that .6 loss that I saw you post actually sounds like a big deal. And the scale will not show muscle gain if you're increasing your muscle mass. If you are doing everything that you need to, don't worry about the scale so much. I suggest that you check out FatGirlPHD. She was having weeks of no loss, and some gains, but her clothes started to fit better, so she knew that she was making headway. She's lost over 100 pounds.

Ubee: Don't give up. At least don't give up on trying to be healthy. We're all here cheering you on, and trying to support you. I gave up a couple of years ago, and now I regret it because I could've been slim by now if I would have just kept at it. It took how long to gain the weight? A couple years to lose all of it is nothing compared to how long it took to gain it. Just for an example, it took me since I was born to gain it. (I've never been slim. I'm in my 30's.)

Cindy: One day won't destroy you. Just focus on doing well 80-90% of the time. Good job on getting lunches prepared.

Betsy: You are a lot better at getting stuff done than I am. Congrats on getting back to your diet. That's hard to do. That is something that I struggle with. I can't take a day off because if I take one off, it turns into two, a week, a month, etc. It's kind of stressful. I'm not sure that I can trust myself to make a life long change without tracking calories and trying to get activity in daily. It's scary for my spouse. He worries that I'll obsess over food too much and go too far in the other direction. I figure that I need to get easy breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks that are low cal so that I can just use those as my gotos, so that I can estimate my daily calorie intake without actually having to track.

Donna and Sam: Ugh! I hate plumbing problems. You just reminded me to ask our insurance provider about back up into the house, in case that happens, to see how much adding that to our policy would cost.

Mae: You would be surprised to find what guys are thinking. At that point in time, he was probably thinking of either one of two things: "Okay... The retinas look good." Or his stomach was growling... "Hmmm.... That sandwich sounds so good for lunch." In other words focused at the task at hand, and not worried about your appearance at all. That's not to say that if he saw you in an unprofessional area that he wouldn't think about you. My ex was very attractive. He liked me because he liked my smile, eyes, and long curly dark hair. I've never been thin, but he didn't seem to care.

Things are going okay here. Nothing distressing to talk about. Waiting for the results of a competition and an exam. Well, My ranking for the exam, anyway. I did fairly well on the exam. It would be a B+ if I was graded in school. I have a chance to win free training from both. The chances are slim, so if I don't, I'm not going to stress about it. It's more of a hobby, anyway. I started the intervals again. Getting a little stronger. Even after the brief hiatus because of the surgery, I'm still improving. I found the jogs to be easy. I'm tempted to try to do longer intervals today, just to see if I can do it. 35 secs jogging to 2 minutes walking, instead of 30 secs.

Last edited by tootsieroll81; 04-28-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning everyone. Typical change-of-weather day out here -- in the 70s and beautiful yesterday, in the 50s and overcast today. I swear the weather report is watched more than the national news out here!

Cindy You won't get any argument from me about being able to gain 5 pounds overnight. Yes, it's mainly water. No, it won't come off as fast as it came on. But you followed it with getting back on track and making your salad for the week. Definitely better than letting it start a binge session.
rabidstoat There are just some days where getting out of bed was a waste of energy. Hope that the rest of the week goes better for you.
Sam Ubee's right (dumb statement.......she's right 99.9% of the time!) that you've probably hit a hump in the road. But, mixing things up can't hurt as I do think that changing eating approaches causes our bodies to wonder what the heck we're up to now and will sometimes result in a weight loss. In terms of what I eat to keep it under 50g of carbs a day. Well, mainly protein and veggies. Doesn't mean I can't have a starch, but just have to keep the count down. I have found that my sweet tooth has taken a vacation since lowering my carb intake. The genaw.com site has a lot of great recipes. Meant to ask -- have you gotten the blinds hung?
Tootsie Sorry about the dress, but glad you're too small for it! Can you shop your closet? Just read an article that said with 12 pieces of clothing (tops, pants, skirts, an shoes) you can make 37 different outfits. Borrow from a friend? Time to go shopping? Hope you win the free training -- sounds so interesting!
Ubee Ubee, rest assured that even when you're fuzzy brained, you're still ahead of a whole slew of people I know!!! Don't give up. I have gotten off 17 pounds of the 40 regain. Something clicked in my brain -- probably the gasping for air from the combination of the a fib and being way too fat. But now that I'm back to normal breathing instead of sounding like some porno movie, I don't want to go back to feeling awful. And I am determined to get below the 300 pound mark. You can do this. Is your dieting/support/friends group still meeting weekly and reporting weight? Keep posting and I'll keep lovingly nagging.

Got my grass cut yesterday and Bill's as well. I decided that since in some areas the grass was almost a foot tall from where the lawn tractor can't get to it without probably rolling the thing that it was time to trim. Well, I quickly found out that in spite of a great start to the new dieting commitment, that the extra 20 I'm still packing made a huge difference in my stamina. Normally I would come in and eat some totally forbidden food to make up for it, but managed to talk myself out of it. Today is power washing the deck.

The menu is all made out for the day, and it's time to go have some breakfast. Hope that everyone has a great day!

Last edited by betsy2013; 04-28-2015 at 01:28 PM.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #180  

Rabid I'm sorry yesterday was a crummy day (((HUGS))) But hey at least you did something positive by not running for a burger, fries and shake!! That is great!! I'm so proud! Just tell yourself there's always tomorrow. Don't let it get you down. I know it is hard, believe me, I've been fighting my own battles at work, I just tell myself it can always be worse, and believe me it can be...been down that road and I'm lucky to have the job I do have and never want to go back to my old one. Chin up sweets

Tootsie That sucks about the dress not being able to get altered but at the same time GO GIRL!!! The dress is TOO BIG!!! That is great!!! I think you might be right with the water intake. I have been drinking slightly less than I usually do but this week I have pushed to up the water intake and so far so good. Speaking of insurance, I am an insurance agent and most policies will include at least $5,000 in water back-up coverage if your agent put it on there. Some have a built in, but some you have to add it. It's definitely worth it and where I live it's pretty cheap, maybe $50 a year if that. If you have a pipe burst or something like that though, and your home floods, that doesn't fall under water back-up, that falls under your regular "all other perils" deductible. If you ever have a situation like that make sure you think the damage is going to be enough to cover the deductible before filing a claim because filing ANY claim, even if they don't pay anything, will follow you for 3-6 years depending on the company, and it doesn't even matter if it was a house that you don't own anymore and it can cause your current rate to increase. It's stupid I know lol...

Ubee Thanks for the advice love. You're exactly right about where I am. I am at least happy that my head is in the right place, I'm back to the old me, because I know even though this is a rough time, I'm going to get through it as long as I stay the way I am now...I'm so focused, I got this and I will do this. I'm glad you're posting again. I miss you when you're not here. You were there for me when I was going through a hard time, and I want to be there for you. You got this! Do NOT give up Ubee!!! We are all here for you!!

Betsy You're right, Ubee is right too!! This is the week that I think is crucial for me just because I'm playing around to see what works and what doesn't for me. I'm changing up the exercises a bit and the ones that I do normally I am busting so much @$$ it's ridiculous. I was so proud of myself last night. I did one of my Chalene Johnson cardio videos and when you are in between sets of the aerobic drill you jump an invisible rope. I usually don't do it because it makes me out of breath so I just tap my feet from side to side. Well my neighbor wasn't home down stairs so I said what they heck, and I did it as much as I could! I was so exhausted and sweaty at the end doing that and trying to get my kicks higher and just pushing harder than normal and it felt great! I kinda glanced at the genaw.com website yesterday at work but didn't really get too much in depth with it since I was working. I am going to look at it better tonight though. I don't eat many starchy carbs so I don't think I'll have a problem with that, except when it comes to breakfast. My usual breakfast when I work is a 1/2 cup cooked oats with some sort of fruit, usually a berry because it's something easy I can make when I get to work. Also, I guess I need to figure out what the carb load is for certain veggies too. Do you usually go by the GI load or the net carb or the total carb itself? It's kinda confusing to me, but I do know that a lot of girls with PCOS have great success when they get their carbs under 50g a day. PS: I haven't gotten the blinds installed yet, I need DH's help and he's being lazy lol...but I did get the right screws and my mom loaned me the drill bits and stuff that I need.

Ok...wait for it.....wait for it....TODAY WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself...Work was a usual day I won't even bore you with that, but I got home thinking DH had to go to practice so I said to myself that I'd bust out a quick walk before I have to take him that way while he's gone I can have some me time. Come to find out after my work out he didn't have to go but still...the amazing part is I did something I've never been able to do before...I did alternating sprints for pretty much the ENTIRE workout!!!! I didn't do my fastest 5K today but I was able to do 5.27 miles in 1 hr 22 mins!! I will usually do 4-4.5 miles in 1 hr 15 mins!!! I sweat my butt off and I feel great...and the even better part is my feet aren't killing me like they do when I just walk really fast AND my knees are fine!!!! I was worried about how my knees would feel afterward but I feel great!!! I think I might be experiencing a runner's high at the moment as I just got in about 25 minutes ago. I had to share this with my weight loss family because I'm so proud of myself. I DID IT!!!!

The rest of my night I am going to be looking up new recipes that I can try to keep my carb intake down. I think I'm doing pretty good everywhere else except there. My other problem I'm having is I decided to start tracking my calories again using MFP and yesterday it said I took in too few calories. I don't usually pay attention to the caloric intake so much as I do how many g's of fat, carbs and protein I took in for the day, but I'm not sure. I don't want to be taking in too few that could stall my weight loss even more. Am I maybe putting in the wrong information? I don't measure my stuff exactly but I have a pretty good idea about how much of something I'm eating is, and I'm working to not eat everything on my plate even though I have gotten in the habit to only put the amount I know I'll eat on my plate as a way to cut down some too. Any advice from anyone who has used MFP is greatly appreciated. And if you know if any other calorie trackers that are better let me know!

I have some turkey vegetable soup thawing out in my microwave right now. Pay day is tomorrow which is also my grocery shopping day. I tell you what I earned tomorrow's rest day, but I think depending on what time I get all my after work errands done I might bust out a quick work out and maybe do some squats. I need to get my booty lookin good!!!!

Anyway...I hope everyone had a great day....Love you guys and so happy that I have all of you as part of my journey! Thank you all for the support...This group is truly amazing!!