Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Betsy, congrats on the 13 lb. weight loss. That is great. Like you, I can't believe it's the end of the month already, and also 1/3 of this year is gone! How did that happen?

Magpie, that is interesting about coffee protecting the liver. I have a fatty liver also, and love coffee so maybe it will do some good. I probably have 4-6 cups a day and none of it decaf.

Pam, congrats on getting in 9000 steps without pain. That's wonderful. I'm sure all that exercise will helps with weight loss.

Tootsieroll, good advice you gave Terra about portion control. Portion control is something I am terrible at. I know as I lose weight my body will need fewer calories and less food to satisfy it but right now what I'm doing seems to work for me.

Ubee, I hope you enjoy your visit with your sister, and I hope the company lifts your spirits.

Terra, what are the chair exercises that you do? Are they exercises you do sitting in a chair or holding onto a chair? Just curious. Good luck with portion control.

I told a friend at work that I was getting a treadmill and she asked who I was lol. Have I mentioned what a couch potato I am? I must be getting inspired.

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Last edited by Cindylh; 03-31-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:09 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Ok just one more quick post to show off my new ticker (and test to make sure I did it right )

Last edited by Cindylh; 04-01-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:34 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Chicks!!!

Tootsie - I think you gave great advice!!! My parents were always mindful about wasting food so I was part of the clean plate club as well. Mom never did our portions either once we got up to 5-6. So like you I never made my son clean his plate. If we sat down to eat and I thought he had not eaten enough I would say "ok you have to eat two more bites." That is probably not good advice for our kids either but better than finish your plate.
Betsy - Woohoo!!! Awesome Job on 13 pounds for the month!!! Soooo Proud of you!!! LOL I probably could use a 13% grade while mowing. I got in about 6000 steps yesterday in the yard alone.
Cindy - You go girl!!! I am so proud of you for getting out of couch potato mode! Not only are you inspired you are very inspiring as well!!!
Everyone else - I hope you are doing good on this beautiful Wednesday!

The past couple of days have been busy at work, no time to walk so as I mentioned I have been mowing the grass. I still have more to do but have a meeting tonight so that won't happen. Yesterday I got in 8900 steps. I have been doing great on food.

In the evening I have not really been hungry before the yard work so when I come in it seems to late to eat something big so I just have a small peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That sounds so fattening and full of calories but I use 40 calorie per slice bread, 1 T peanut butter and 1 T jelly so it's about 250 calories or so for my evening meal. Anyway, I have been under 1400 calories the past 2 days so that is good for me. Last night I only used 1 slice of bread so even better.

Oh and I have been doing great on the water. This morning I filled up 5 quarts to drink... I will be lucky to get in 3 of those but that is way better than before. Well I must go get ready for work.

I hope you all have a wonderful Perfectly On Plan Wednesday!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #244  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Tootsie ~ My childhood was alot like yours, We were taught to clean our plates before we could leave the table. 12 cans in a day or 12 cans a week? I go through 12 cans a week so 4 - 12 pks lasts me all month.

Betsy ~ Thats awesome that two of your friends lost alot of weight by doing portion control, then portion control is the way to go

Cindy ~ Yeah the chair exercises I do is in a chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had 2 meetings today and then I had peer support group and then I came home. I was at school at 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. today so it was a long day. Tomorrow isnt as long as today was.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:19 PM   #245  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Used to be 12 in a day. I lowered it to one a week now. A lot of calories went bye bye.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #246  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

My spouse got me a Fitbit Surge. It's pricey, but his work paid for half of it as a healthy employee/family program. The steps are not accurate at all, which makes me wonder if the distance is correct. It claims that I walked 3.88 miles. My workout was supposed to be 3 miles, but I don't think that I have walked .88 miles since then. It claims that I burned 3283 calories. That sounds really high. I guess that it includes BMR, and possibly calculates what I didn't eat and thinks that I should eat? I know that they use the heart rate to help figure calories burned, which also seems high at times. So I'm really not sure how accurate it is. I won't eat back the calories, that's for sure. I guess that I can use it as a loose guideline.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:35 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 410/372/200

Height: 5'10"

Been MIA a few days - super busy leading up to Easter! I know I'll be eating outside my norm this weekend, but I hope to keep it all home cooked meals and light on the deserts!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

STOP! Head on over to the April thread.
Closed Thread