Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread March, 2015

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
I am a day late and a dollar short but, I have my coffee so life should start improving!
Donna glad you are looking at life through normal eyes.
Terra your support group sounds like a lot of fun. I think 18 is plenty.
Pam health is great motivation. My problem is I think it won't happen to me. I know after the damage is done it is even harder to lose so I must get my mind in the right place.
tootsie eating styles are different. Your slop sounds interesting. I bet it was good. The foods you call normal my husband and I call kids food. (depending how typical it is.)
Looks like a lot of us took a break from posting yesterday.
Spring is here ladies! Time to drop those pounds for bikini season!
All right enough joking around I've got a pig stye to clean.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #3  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone. Tempted to say ladies, then I would feel bad if a guy joined this thread. Wonder why I haven't seen many? Guys struggle, too. Anyway, felt like I had cheated since I didn't post in the chat thread yesterday. I made a commitment to myself to post at least 1 post everyday to keep myself accountable.

I was right on the calorie goal that I set for myself all weekend long, but it wasn't food that was good for me. I really need to watch myself on the weekends. Eating well all week doesn't excuse me to eat whatever I want on weekends. I would like to believe that it's calories in v calories out no matter what I eat, but it really isn't. If I eat mostly sugar then I'm still telling my body to store that. So, I won't be as toned as I would like to be later on. At least that's what I've read, anyway.

Feeling kind of sick to my stomach today. I've only had coffee so far, so that may be it.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #4  
There and Back Again

Ubee: Thanks for brightening my day with your joke. Bikini season. Lol
Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Happy March! Thanks for getting the thread going for this month, Ubee.

And I'm with Tootsie......bikini season. That vision has me either rolling on the floor or else screaming in terror depending on the angle. Yikes!

Tootsie, your weekend sounds like mine -- fine on the calorie count, but the food eaten was in the iffy category for being healthy. OK, that's a lie. It wasn't in the iffy category at all. It was in the what-the-blue-blazes-are-you-thinking category. And, in spite of staying under my points and calorie goals, I still gained a pound of water weight.

The weekend consisted of going up to check on my nephew and take up one of the vehicles with automatic transmission so he can get around (their cars are both manuals). He's doing well, but will be on crutches until the beginning of June. Ugh. He'll have no armpits when this is over. Lots of steps in that house, too. Meals were all screwed up from a timing perspective, so I did ok with calorie count, but it was fast food.

Yesterday morning, I was in the freezer hunting for a package of frozen berries to put in my multi-grain Cheerios (at least I started with good intentions), and I spied donuts in baggies. I had actually been able to resist eating the entire box a few weeks ago and bagged them for when the boys are here. Well, I decided that having two glazed donuts would show great restraint on my part (let's you know how many I normally have which is a LOT). So I nuked them, ate them with a fork and they were delicious. I was actually quite pleased with myself until I entered the in WW.

Out of my 47 points for the day (which is approximately twice as many as I can actually have and lose weight), 21 were used having those two donuts. Evidently, glazed donuts are not considered to be a healthy food choice. Who knew? OK, maybe I knew but did they have to use a 2X4 to make sure I understood it?!

So back on the straight and narrow today. I like the weight watchers approach ok, but hate their mobile web site. It's a piece of junk and more trouble than it's worth. Their computer-based site is great and works well althoough their food data base is very limited for a company that has been in existence as long as they have.

So, it's the start of another week an I have learned that glazed donuts will not be a part of my permanent eating plan. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

We had a blizzard all weekend so I curled up under the blankets a lot and didn't do much of anything . Not even housework windy stormy weather just seems like sleepy time to me. And eating time , ate a lot not enough to gain weight but probably enough to stall weight loss I am remarkably okay with that Today. I think I am just in the mood to maintain for a while and that sounds horrible I feel like a bad person for even admitting that, like people our size are suppose to have a crazy sense of urgency about weight loss but , right now I just don't. I am eating less calories than it takes to maintain my weight in general. so theoretically I should lose some day eventually. I just don't have it in me to be super restrictive or punish myself at the gym right now. I workout still to maintain my current fitness but pushingy limits not so much right now.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey ladies, sorry for my absence things have been kind of roller coaster in my life.

This weekend a friend, my first boss, passed away, losing her battle to cancer. It is so hard losing people when I have no way to get home. I was close with her and her husband, so it was one of those memorial services I would have love to have attended.

On the other side of the spectrum, my mum got the all clear from her surgery to remove the cancer on her face. So I'm celebrating that.

Currently I am emotionally exhausted and nauseous.

Haven't thought about food choices or anything recently... trying to take care of my soul, and come back around to feeling normal.

I hope all of you are doing well

to answer a question from a while ago - my next trip to London has me hitting the Sea Life aquarium, spending a day in Covent Garden (there is a james bond tribute in the film museum and at least 1 plus size clothing store I will check out, plus street entertainers and just the ambience). I want to explore the British Musuem and see if I can tour the Globe theatre (new replica one). Still excited for this trip.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #8  
There and Back Again

Time: My condolences on your loss.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 432/378/150

I am here. Not doing the best, but, not giving up either. Hope March is going to be good!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #10  
There and Back Again

Scoble, sometimes that's all you can do. At least you're doing something.

3 Mile Leslie Sansone Walking to the HIITS is getting easier. I'm not sure that I'm ready for the 4 mile.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #11  

tootsieroll81, may I ask what part of Illinois you are at? I was born and raised there. At 54 I move to the UP. I sure miss Illinois. I never thought I would either.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #12  
There and Back Again

South-Central
Old 03-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #13  

Wow...I was in North Central.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Good evening.

Ubee thanks for posting the new March thread for us.

Tootsieroll I can relate to struggling with diet on weekends although you stuck to your calories I did not. Weekends I want to treat myself and eating well goes out the window.

Betsy lol no one told me donuts aren't a healthy choice either. I eat my points plus everyday and I certainly use all my weekly points, how about you?

I am trying to eat well but not so motivated today. Thankfully Dh made dinner, we had baked chicken drummies and brown rice with mushrooms. I made my lunch and did the dishes. I am super tired and will be in bed early.

I will check in tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #15  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

My mother grew up in Jacksonville, Illinois, and my father in Monmouth.

I'm here, but I don't know what to say. I'm not eating strictly on plan, but I'm getting there. I am still suffering every time I stand up, every step I take, from the injuries to my knees when I fell down on February 21st. The main reason this state of affairs is pissing me off is that I can't do my Qigong exercises the way I should be. I need the Qigong in order not to get depressed. I'm drifting down into -3 like every other day or so. $&@&$@!!

Sorry to be a downer. Carry on, y'all. I love reading your postings.
Closed Thread