Old 02-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #16  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hey magpie, that's a good point. Thanks for sharing your insight.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

OMG I am so sorry for not being around to reply to your sweet posts! Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one, some even made me laugh (in a good way! At myself, really).

Monday, I took a bottle of water to work and have been downing water (and tiiiiiiny bits of juice) ever since. I know in my post I mentioned how bad I've been feeling physically. It's like water's a miracle drug or something, because I've felt great. I am nowhere near starting a 'diet', just drinking water.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 PM   #18  
2Hot2BFat

S/C/G: 368/344/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello coolacrity and everyone else! I could have written your original post. I started the Ideal Protein diet in August 2012 at the starting weight of 311 pounds. By June 2013 I was 185 pounds and I looked FINE! (if I do say so myself!) I felt soooo good for the first time in DECADES!! In December of 2013 I got married and I weighed 200. I spent 2014 gaining A LOT of weight!!! I am a binger and I couldn't stop myself. I am depressed and cannot believe I am back here at this weight....which is 320#
I am sort of back on track again but feel stupid, angry and disappointed that I gained all the weight back. Needless to say, I don't look like my "After" picture anymore. Good for you for drinking more water! We have to start somewhere, right?! Yay us! We can do it again!!!!
Megan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

After I managed to order a cup of water rather than a soda at a restaurant today, I am feeling super confident! Good luck, Megan33!
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan33 View Post
Hello coolacrity and everyone else! I could have written your original post. I started the Ideal Protein diet in August 2012 at the starting weight of 311 pounds. By June 2013 I was 185 pounds and I looked FINE! (if I do say so myself!) I felt soooo good for the first time in DECADES!! In December of 2013 I got married and I weighed 200. I spent 2014 gaining A LOT of weight!!! I am a binger and I couldn't stop myself. I am depressed and cannot believe I am back here at this weight....which is 320#
I am sort of back on track again but feel stupid, angry and disappointed that I gained all the weight back. Needless to say, I don't look like my "After" picture anymore. Good for you for drinking more water! We have to start somewhere, right?! Yay us! We can do it again!!!!
Except for the amazing initial success with IP (I did pretty well and lost a lot, but not as much as you; I quit the plan too soon and didn't really do the last three phases), you and I have very similar stories, and we're starting within a few pounds of each other, now. I just rebooted on IP a week ago, and I'm dedicated to sticking with it for as long as it takes, this time!

I wish I had an "after" picture of myself that was as motivating as yours must be for you! I'd have to go back to college photographs, I think. ... Maybe I will.

If you want an IP buddy, let me know! I added you as a friend here on 3FC, though I have no idea what that does.
the_magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolacrity View Post
After I managed to order a cup of water rather than a soda at a restaurant today, I am feeling super confident!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #22  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Woot woot! Nice job, cool! Those little steps add up over time. Sometimes changing everything at once is just too much. Every step in your journey is one step closer to your goal. These small changes are your steps. Just remember that. None of us are perfect. Even average weight people have the yo-yoing. The difference is how they respond to it. Instead of giving up, they learn and change their strategy. Don't feel bad because you do the same thing. Just learn from it and move on. You'll get there.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #23  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

magpie— If you're goin' to open a new thread about strategies for cultivating self-love and other positive emotions (gratitude, hope, patience...), I'm right there with you. I don't think that shame, embarrassment, self-loathing, guilt, anger, and other negative emotions have any role to play in this journey we're on. I just turned 60, and from this vantage point, I don't think those negative states of heart & mind have any role to play period in the life of a healthy adult. I have never gotten any motivation from those negative states that was worth the pain they cost me. A little bit of hope beats a big load of self-loathing any day of the week!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #24  

@Fiona_W - I made the thread! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...lf-esteem.html

Thanks for the encouragement!