Old 01-29-2015, 06:14 AM   #196  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default I am getting there!

Hi everybody!
Bllondy...your prayers seem to be working as I am finally feeling a bit better! This is the first day I have woken up in about 2 weeks and actually feel an improvement.
I am going back to the nurse today and I expect I will need a few more drugs to complete the healing process.
Do you know what I am totally rubbish at? Once I start to feel better I instantly want to hit the gym/pool/ whatever to make up for lost time. I see a zillion things around the house that need my attention and start feeling guilty for being ill......is that a dieting thing....a woman thing....or a Me thing?
Will post more tomorrow if my improvement continues!
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #197  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Mountain Walker: I think that it's a woman thing. My spouse could care less what the house looks like. Why should you feel guilty for being ill? It's not like you went out saying, "You know, I'd really like to get sick for weeks on end."
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #198  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy & Bllondy ~ I'm doing good now. I'm all better, No more cold. Thanks for asking, Now I can get back to my exercising Y*E*A*!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I am at school, Got here at 8:20 a.m. and its now 9:00 a.m. Cooking class doesnt start until 11:00 a.m. so I have a few hours to kill. I also have Peer Support group at 1 p.m. today. Mom and I might go to walmart and do our weekly shopping after I get home. Its too cold to walk outside today but I'll be sure to do my 2 miles before I go to bed tonight. After mom and I get home I also need to do last night's dishes, I was too tired to do them last night. Well I hope every is having a great Last Thursday of Jan.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Very foggy and can't see across the street again this morning -- happens a lot this time of year.

Ubee -- Glad to see you post, but so sorry you're going through so much with both your MIL and your daughter. Hope the next med change is a little easier transition. Am impressed that you're eating pretty much on plan -- stress is usually one of those trigger events to just let go. Evidently I've had a lot of stress in my life! (Nothing compared to yours, but figured that you've missed my attempts at humor.)

Fi -- Love the new collages -- especially the dog one. Could it be because my Toby is about the same size as the Great Dane (I think it was a GD) in your collage?

Sam -- Sounds like other than the sore neck you have some really neat things coming up. Always fun to see old friends and catch up. Enjoy.

Tootsie -- I am so glad that I am not alone is having a body that talks to me. I do the same thing -- am pleased with myself that I stayed within my calorie goal for the day, but not so happy with the selections. Have you noticed that when you do that and a lot of carbs and/or refined foods are involved that you don't lose as much or consistently as when you eat fresh foods? Wish those early mankind eaters had groceries stores instead of hunting and gathering. By now our bodies would have adapted to eating that way. I have other pipe dreams, but I'll refrain from sharing them.

Donna -- SO GLAD that you're beginning to feel better. And Tootsie is right -- it's totally a woman thing or maybe more accurately it's totally a person-who-is-in-charge-of-running-the-house thing.......I was right the first time! Just take it slow. The good thing about clutter and house chores is that they will always be there tomorrow because evidently we're the only ones who see that they need to be done! Don't want you to have a relapse.

Terra -- Glad you're feeling back to normal. Did you all get the tail end of that snow storm that blasted across from the Midwest to New England?

Found an interesting web site -- calorieking.com -- that has a very comprehensive list of chain restaurant foods. I'm still using MFP to track each day, but it's easier to plan a meal out when using calorieking.com. Off to the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #200  
There and Back Again

Betsy: Thanks for sharing calorie king. That looks useful. I have dreams about food like that chocolate having the same amount of calories as celery, but I haven't woken in a parallel universe where that is the case. I'd probably hate chocolate in that world and want to eat whatever is not so good for me there...

Terra: Glad to see that you're feeling better.

Mountain Walker: Glad to see that you're feeling better as well.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #201  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Darn it all! I had an episode of -4 depression pain today, and couldn't make it to my appointment with my Qigong instructor. I just couldn't do it, because I don't allow myself to drive when I'm feeling that bad: I'm not safe. So I had to take some extra Geodon and take a nap to throw it off. It's past five now, and I'm feeling much better. I hope I can keep feeling better tomorrow, when I have my regular Friday with Grace. I think the problem is that I'm not doing my Qigong exercises often enough.

As for losing weight, I'm stuck. I stopped eating sugary things, but I'm still craving sweets so I'm still having extra bowls of muesli with stevia & cream. =sigh= I've got to get back to my usual one bowl, measured, at bedtime—and no other times. On February 22 I turn SIXTY, so I want to be losing weight by then.

I've also fallen down twice recently—once a couple of days ago while getting up from the couch and once just now while doing my Qigong practice. Both times I hit the floor in a way such that I didn't injure myself. A little unnerving, though...

Donna— I'm so glad to hear you're doing better, but please, take it slow about getting moving again. You need time to recuperate. You need rest while your immune system does its job.

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-29-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:18 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 388/388/180

Height: 5'5

Default Hi Newbie Here

Hi- hope y'all dont mind if I just jump in here. I have been reading posts the last week-and tonight I told myself to just go ahead jump back into this! I am a life long dieter... back on the wagon at my highest ever weight (I truly cringe as I write this......) You know the number you NEVER EVER could imagine getting to??? Yep I am there and then some. Enough of the pity party for me- back to doing what I know how to do, but also knowing that support is what I always seem to lack......

Looking forward to getting to know y'all.... Ready to do this thing one more time......
fireball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:45 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

hey quick check in

Haven't been feeling myself recently, my mum is going for surgery later today to remove 'cancer' from her nose... it's basal cell, so not the worst kind, but it's times like these that I hate living so far from home.... anyways will be updating my ticker today, down 5lbs since I started weight loss... better than nothing.

Hope you all have a good day
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #204  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

fireball— Welcome to the 300+ Chat thread! We're a tight little crew here, but we love new people. New people bring new perspectives, new experiences, new tales from this long journey. And the journey is what it's about, not the destination, because even when we reach our goal weight—please note, all of y'all, that I said "when," not "if"—it will be an ongoing journey of diet and exercise to stay there. When you feel like it, tell us about yourself and about what your struggles have been like, so far. And again: welcome on board!!

I'm feelin' good this morning, so cross my fingers & toes, I have high hopes for a good afternoon and evening with Grace. Grace is my great niece, a freshman in high school who's about to turn 15. I pick up Grace after school on Fridays, and we spend our time together making collages, learning about art, learning new vocabulary words, and anything else we feel like doing. We both really look forward to our Fridays together. I'm a collage artist. Grace doesn't have an art class in school, because she had a choice of either music or art as an elective in her science & tech track, and she chose music, since she really enjoys playing double bass in the school orchestra. So I'm her art teacher, as well as her all-round mentor.

Last edited by Fiona W; 01-30-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. It's a gorgeous, cold day here -- love it when I can see our beautiful mountain.

Tootsie -- Love your dreams about a parallel universe where chocolate and celery have the same calorie count. I can't imagine ever hating chocolate -- celery, definitely, but chocolate........I have two hips that display my love of chocolate!

Fi -- Your ups and downs with the depression pain make me feel like I'm on a roller coaster, so I can only imagine how they put you through the wringer. Glad you're feeling better this morning as I know your afternoons with Grace are the high point of your week. You'll get totally back in the diet mode -- you have great will power and coping techniques.

Fireball -- Welcome! We love having new chicks join our little group. And, yes, I completely understand the feeling of putting down your high weight let alone displaying it for the world to see! But Fi's right -- the day will come when we feel we've won this battle and have moved on to keeping it off. Please do share anything about yourself that you feel comfortable with sharing.

Time4Me -- 5 Pounds -- that's a great kickoff to getting back on track. Hope your mom's basal cell removal goes well. And, yes, I do understand living so far away from family. For 30 years, we lived 3,000 miles apart (nothing compared to your distance from home!), so there was no popping in to check on anyone. It's one of the reasons why I decided to leave all of my friends and paid off house and move out here.

It's been a quiet week on here this week. As usual, I'm sitting here wondering where the month went. I am happy to report that I did get some work done on the garage yesterday. It's going to take at least another week of sorting, moving, cleaning, etc. to get it all done. But, just seeing the progress so far is great.

Still struggling with the cheating which always occurs in late afternoon. It's always when I'm tired and want that boost from carbs. Off to the gym in a little while, then home to work on the garage a little more, and then grocery shopping. I had a couple who invited themselves over for the Super Bowl as their TV broke. I ended up inviting several neighbors over as well and will have a little party -- need to get enough food in to feed everyone and have some snacks. Hope everyone has a great day!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 388/388/180

Height: 5'5

Thanks For the warm welcome!! I appreciate it so much. Putting my stats in was a bit scary but I needed to do it. Its a number not "me". I can do this. Like I said in my first post I am a lifelong dieter. Always been overweight since I can remember. I think the weight really started piling on when I was 12- once I started my "monthly". It wasent until I was in my late 20's that I was d/o with PCOS- by that time I was married and wanted to start a family. I was 280 when I got pregnant with my son (my only child) I did well not gaining during pregnancy (gained 15 lbs) Maintained at 260-280 for a long time and then once I got over 300 it just went from there. I have always known low carb worked for me. I would be able to sustain the low carb for awhile lost about 30-40lbs go off it and gain it all back. Over and over. The last time I actively lost any weight was 2011. I had a wedding to attend and I knew I would not be able to fly comfortably unless I lost some weight (40#)
I have just not been able to get the ball rolling since then. I can blame it on a stressfull job (social worker) or a busy life- or my special needs child but really I just dont think it has gotten serious enough until now. Fortunately for me I do not have any chronic health issues (blood pressure, diabetes ,ect) I do have bad circulation in my legs- but thats it. I finally went to the Dr in October and had was AMAZED that I can weigh what I do and not have any major health issues (other than the circulation that is hereditary) but I know that wont last forever. At 44 my time will come.
So... hopefully that was not too much info or bored y"all. I have to put the truth out there...Its real, time for me to stop the excuses and make the time and do what it takes... I will take the time to read up and start replying on here to others. I want to give support too. We are all in this together!!!
fireball15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #207  
mountain walker

Hi everybody!
I am really getting better!
The best thing is that the Asthma Nurse wants to see me when I have finished the antibiotics and steroids and try to get to the bottom of why I am so unwell all the time.
I accept that some of my respiratory difficulties are related to my weight but I quite literally get everything going which immediately goes on my chest. For a non-smoker without a history of working with asbestos or nasty chemicals that is unfortunate to say the least!
I feel like she has taken it seriously and is not just putting it down to my weight or Mental Health conditions.
So hooray!
The weather here is a bit pants at the moment......with sleet. snow, rain and hailstones.....sometimes all at once. I know it doesn't come close to what you guys get out in the US but for us it's fairly chilly for us!
I might try some exercise at home with the good old Wii for a few days!

Take care everybody and welcome Fireball...don't despair we have all been where you are.
Fi I hope you are feeling a little better.
God Bless Everybody,
Donna

Last edited by mountain walker; 01-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #208  
There and Back Again

Not a lot f time here... Wanted to pop in and say, "Hi."

Time: Sorry to hear about your mom. Don't know a lot about that, but it sounds bad.

Fireball: Welcome.

Mountain: Glad that they are wanting to get to the bottom of your problems. I hope that you get well soon.

Fi: Glad that you have such a great time with Grace. It's nice to have someone to mentor in your trade.

Betsy: Those cravings just don't let up. Mine are usually in the afternoon and evening. I'm ignoring them.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #209  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah, I'm glad I'm back to normal too. Nope we didnt get any snow.

Tootsie ~ Thanks, I'm glad I'm back to 100%.

Fireball ~ Welcome, Yeah I used to say I would never get to 200 let alone 310 and I went from 200 and then got to 310 but now I'm working my way down to 150, I'm 279 right now though. I've been on my weight loss journey for a year, I started my 2nd weight loss journey on Jan. 16th of 2014.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didnt do much today, Just went to my therapy appt. and thats it. Tomorrow mom and I are probably gonna go back to Walmart cause she's running out of bubbles, She loves popping bubble wrap. Its her new favorite thing to do. I hope tomorrow is a nice sunny day so I can go for a walk outside again. I walked outside for 30 mins. yesterday. Well I hope everyone is having a nice night.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:24 AM   #210  
mountain walker

Hello my lovely friends across the sea!
Ubee.....No lambs as yet...can't be long They may have lambed but the farmer is keeping them close to home as the weather is not great.

Well I have managed to complete some housework today! After the best part of 2 weeks of sitting on the sofa, it feels like a major victory! Just simple things, cleaned the kitchen and sorted the recycling out, did some laundry.....well the washing machine did the laundry but you know what I mean! And I cleaned the bathroom......oh and tidied my bedroom. So I am sitting with a cup of coffee feeling a bit pooped but self righteous!
I plan to do some writing this afternoon and maybe some Welsh homework...it depends on how my concentration is.
I am writing a book but also do writing exercises as a way of getting the writing muscles up and running.
Fi....you are absolutely right about getting back in to exercise slowly. I tend to go back like a lunatic only to crash and burn. So slowly does it!
I have a lovely week next week as I am taking my young man to his first classical music concert on Wednesday and want to be really well for that!

Take good care,

Have a great Saturday,
Donna