Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 AM   #136  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Terra.....I am so sorry about Clyde. You have been amazingly brave and loving throughout his final months and weeks and made the hardest decision to let him go. It is all too easy to think of ourselves and our loss and not he needs of our animals. Big hugs to you my lovely.
Kayleystar....you have had such an emotional rollercoaster...bless you. I have empathy for your chest problems as I have a condition called bronchiectasis which makes me sound like a heavy smoker even though I have never smoked........at least that is what one doctor told me....another said it was asthma....and another said I was a medical mystery!
Fi I am so glad for your 0/0/0 days.
Betsy Now get on with that cleaning!

Well I have found a great website called "youbeauty" which talks about beauty from within as well as the stuff you can paint on and dress up in! It is also a great help to someone like me as I haven't any clue about what colours etc suit me....how to style my hair or make the most of my best features!
I have loads to do today...finish packing presents, cleaning and bathing the 2 dogs we didn't get around to yesterday when we bathed the spaniels....much hilarity and I was wetter than them!!
Much love and hugs
Donna
Old 12-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Welcome back Kayley!
Fi sorry about you getting a new curfew and just when you were feeling like a grownup. Do you have any Yule celebrations planned?
Betsy how is the mission going? I had an unexpected meal yesterday 1/2 was on plan and the scale is up. Back at it again.
Donna thanks to your post I am back to putting a little more effort into my looks. Used a razor and lotion all in one day!
Terra what are your plans for today?
Lots to do. Have a peaceful day.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Been up 1.5 hours and I feel like I've done a day's work or what would pass for an hour's activity for people who actually get something done during the day!

Fi -- At least Grace can still come over. Good idea ot to interfere! Keep those 0/0/0 days coming!

Kayley -- Glad to see you back posting and that you're going to be able to go ahead with your surgery. Sounds like you've been through the wringer, and it's good that the histoplasmosis finally got diagnosed.

Donna -- Now how could you see that I only got part of the dusting done yesterday and still have the majority of the cleaning to do today? You sound like you're having fun with the beautification project. Actually, I've always pictured you as a beautiful soul, it's just time for you to feel that way about yourself.

Ubee -- How's the mission going? Great. I thought about it and then proceeded to stuff myself with forbidden food anyway. Evidently an additional step is needed in this approach. What will I do with you -- a razor and lotion in one day. I mean, really Ubee, what were you thinking. You live in Wisconsin and no skin will be exposed until at least April!

Becky got loose from Bill this morning and showed up over here. Toby and Becky haven't had a play date in about a week so they're both tearing through the house happily playing with each other.

Back on plan today. I want to get another 5 pounds off by New Year's. Two birthdays in January to get through and then a long stretch of no events that include massive efforts to just stay on plan. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #139  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm doing fine, just having spent many happy hours creating my Yule collage, titled "it's impossible to overdecorate a yule tree". Half of it I did yesterday, before and during my weekly get-together with Grace. The other half I did today. Be sure to read what's underneath, then click on the image for a larger version. Best wishes to everyone!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #140  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

NSV - A coworker informed me politely yesterday that she thinks its about time I purchase some new pants ... she informed me that I have some serious sagging going on in the back ... EEEKKKKK!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:53 AM   #141  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Donna ~ Thanks for your comments about Clyde

Ubee ~ I'm gonna clean the house from top to bottom before we leave for Salina, We are going to go get my aunt and bring her down for the week so she can spend Christmas with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found my bus passes last night, They were on my bedroom floor. I'm just so glad I found them. Anyway I woke up at 1:30 a.m. this morning when Scott got into bed. Its now almost 3 a.m. My alarm was set for 5 a.m. anyway so its not a big deal that I'm up at this time. I cant believe there is just 3 days until Christmas, I cant wait, I love Christmas, Its my favorite holiday.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:22 AM   #142  
Started IP 11/17/2014

S/C/G: 455 (IP 444.4)/ticker/244

Height: 5'11"

Im getting me and more excited Terra as the days pass by. I cant wait to see the little ones face as she opens her gifts. ...... i just wish it would snow. Today we are going to one of those drive through light shows abs tomorrow we will be going to the East Wing of the white house to see tge Christmas trees and if it doesn't rain Tuesday I want to go to the national zoo for their light show. One thing about living so close to Washington D.C. there is never a shortage of things to do anytime of the year.

What are the holiday menus looking like for everyone. ..... I'm still trying to work mine out since I'm going to try and stay on plan with ideal protein.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #143  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Ubee....welcome to project "I ain't too old to pluck!" It feels good doesn't it? Just minor things most women take for granted but to me and you they are big "taking care of yourself " things! I practised with my Velcro rollers yesterday....oh the high maintenance of it all!!
Betsy...what a lovely thing to say! I sometimes feel like the black corners of my soul are visible for all to see but it is so nice to be paid a compliment like that. My therapist often compliments me on my insight, Emotional Intelligence or writing aptitude and I want to look around to see if she is speaking to someone behind me! Bless her she always finds an aspect of my appearance to comment on...like a nice scarf or pretty eyes and I have forgotten how much of an effect that sort of thing has on you. I so miss the company of my close friends who would feel able to make personal comments like that.

TOgden....saggy pants! Well done you!
Today is finish the final present packing, make up the beds and try to hoover up as many dog hairs as is possible.....oh how I need a Dyson Animal Vacuum!!
No 1 child home tomorrow and No 2 child back from his Dad's in the evening so all together for a special meal tomorrow night!

Great Big Welsh Cwtches to you all
Donna
Old 12-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Afternoon!
Donna enjoy this special time with your family. I know what you mean about receiving a compliment. Easy to give hard to take.
Tami look at how much taller you look with 15 pounds off! I have my menu planned but it is all the treats that appear out of nowhere that throw me for a loop.
Terra my house has never been cleaned from top to bottom but good for you! I love your Christmas enthusiasm.
Fi wonderful collage! The greenery is the best part.
In case anyone is looking for the Cookie Monster he is alive and well, full of energy and living inside of me. I have not been exposed to any yet but I am crazy knowing they are out there.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #145  

Happy Winter Solstice! Tomorrow the daylight will be greater than today. Either I've lived out here too long or else I'm just not noticing it as much, but the short days haven't seemed as bad this year. Who knows!

Fi -- Love the collage. Just drawing all the branches must have taken awhile!

Tami -- Isn't it wonderful when "helpful" suggestions make us feel so good about ourselves. Who knew that saggy bottoms could bring such joy. Your plans with your little girl sound wonderful. I would dearly love to live near DC -- or at least visit there more often than I've been able to. Have a wonderful time with your celebration events.

Terra -- We will both have clean houses!!! I'm so glad you found your bus passes. Enjoy your Christmas festivities with your family. It's nice of you to go get your aunt so that you can all spend the time together.

Donna -- I chuckled at the "high maintenance" comment. I watched a YouTube video on makeup for the "mature" (translation: older than dirt) woman. After realizing that it would require an investment in products and brushes amounting to over $100, I decided that my current makeup routine was satisfactory. Right now I'm letting my hair grow out to its natural color (salt and pepper at my age)so I have what I fondly refer to as the skunk stripe. Part of this transition to caring more about ourselves -- both internally and externally -- is being able to chuckle a little along the way. I'm glad my comment gave you a lift. Your therapist sounds like a jewel! Enjoy the special dinner having everyone home and under one roof.

Ubee -- Where are you love? I meant to ask if your son has made progress on getting all the stuff straightened out from the fire. Dealing with insurance companies can be a major headache although sometimes they surprise us and actually help the recovery along. How many will you have at your house for Christmas -- guess I'm assuming that it will be at your house, aren't I.

Tami asked about menus for Christmas. My nephew and his wife have Christmas at their house. We have a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, Caesar salad, green beans, and rolls along with pumpkin and pecan pies for dessert. So, I'll have a piece of prime rib, some green beans, and some salad and that will be it.

Still struggling to make it through a whole day staying strictly on plan. But if I want to lose these last 5 pounds by year end, guess I'd better be more disciplined. Today I'll finish with the cleaning. I did a really deep cleaning again to get into all the corners since the house is dusty from the never ending grading that seems to occur on the house being built behind me. But, just have to do the floors today and then I'll do the downstairs on Monday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #146  
rockin' my 60s!

Well, I've enjoyed my vacation from giving the kittens multiple meds, but it isn't working out so well for them. They're sneezing and coughing a lot, and I'm starting to think they really need the antihistamine and the antibiotic. =sad face= What a bummer...

Meanwhile, Bob and his sister are on their third day of moving my poor demented mom-in-law to her "memory care" facility. Yesterday his mom had a big meltdown with feeling frightened and confused, and not feeling that her diabetes meds are being given to her on the right schedule so she can go to meals on time. Grace and her father witnessed the meltdown, since they were there to help move furniture. It's taking some time to get the bugs worked out. And my mom-in-law's phone isn't hooked up yet—the phone company doesn't hook up new accounts on the weekend—which is a big deal since she relies so much on talking to Bob and especially his sister. I don't know how long Bob's going to be working on that project tonight, so our Yule plans, minimal as they are, seem to be pushed to tomorrow or the next day.

I want to just curl up on the couch and let myself slide into a -1 mood state, but I know I need to be doing things like taking a shower and going grocery shopping. And doing my Qigong exercises more often. My right arm is giving me some trouble with old myofasciitis symptoms, so the exercises aren't easy to do. The only useful things I've done in the past couple of days have been making that Yule tree collage and rereading Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea trilogy, which I gave to Grace as a gentle start on her reading more adult books. Grace and I are supposed to be getting together tomorrow (Monday) to work on collages she's giving as presents to people, but she hasn't emailed me back about whether that's going to be possible. At least she has until the 7th of January to finish her gifts, because that's when her Russian Orthodox Christmas takes place. It's always like this every year, with multiple dates for Yule /Christmas to juggle.

And I don't have the slightest idea about what I'm going to wear to the oyster stew party Grace's mother is hosting at her house on the 24th. I'm anxious about going into my closet to see what dresses or other semi-dressy outfits I fit into, since I've been off plan for such a long time. =sigh=

Thanks, y'all, for the comments on the greenery in my collage: it did take three hours to draw, then there were quite a few more hours invested in layering the translucent balls and finally the gold bits on top. Darn, now I really need to stop writing this posting and move my butt. The Coop closes at six on Sundays. Sorry I'm not doing personals, but please know, y'all, that I'm reading your postings and rooting for you to stay on plan.

Last edited by Fiona W; 12-21-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I was away for the weekend but just kept busy with my friend in town. She LOVED her gifts for her birthday and the pretty birthday cake I bought her. I had a very miniscule piece so I didn't feel too bad about it. We had greek lemon chicken with green beans and I had a little piece of potato. It was really good. Then my friend Jeremy built a fire in his backyard and we had a great time together with his mom and the neighbors from across the way...

Saturday we all went and did a little shopping...I got my co-workers kids some coloring books and stickers and cool little pens and put them in little reusable bags as their Christmas presents from me. Her little girl bought me a candle from her school store for Christmas so I definitely had to return the favor. We're going to give them their gifts tomorrow. Then Ana and I went out for japanese. I just had a little bit of steak and vegetables to make sure it was still on plan. Then we bought some almond pillow cookies to bring back to Jeremy's mom who has been so hospitable to us. I'm not going to lie, I ate 2 and had another small piece of cake. Not on plan but meh...I let it slide because I still lost 2 pounds this week and I hadn't eaten much that day. But I'm right back on plan.

Today I spent most of the day sleeping on and off with DH. It was very nice and relaxing. We had chicken kebabs for dinner with some hummus. Pretty much all I ate today except for a small lettuce wrap of chicken salad and some cottage cheese earlier this morning. Now I'm back in my pjs and relaxing the rest of the night. I was wanting to go to the gym today but I've done something to the middle right side of my back like a hurt muscle or something so I skipped but at least managed to get 4 days in. My plan for next week is to go Monday-Wednesday. The gym will be closed on Christmas Day and I am leaving for VA on Friday...yes Betsy the ole man finally made a decision. I think we'll be coming back that following Monday or Tuesday and I'll be right back in the gym.

Terra I'm sorry to hear about Clyde but I'm glad he is no longer in pain. You did the right thing girly, as hard as it was. Hugs to you.

Betsy Great job on getting the cleaning done. Mine has been at a stand still because I am battling to gey rid of a roach infestation that came from the apartment beside me when they moved out. It's disgusting but I think it's about under control. I'll have tons of dishes and shelves to wash after it's all said and done. I'm glad DH finally made his decision and I'm really excited to go visit my dad's side of the family again. My cousin and aunt can't wait to see how much weight I've lost!!

Ubee I am right there with you on the cookie aspect. I know you're gonna give me **** about what I ate this weekend...you have every right to do so. But I promise you I'm not going to let it get out of control. I'm already planning to take certain food with me on my trip to VA so I make sure I don't over do it on the holidays. Thank you for always being there for me.

Kaley Glad to see you back lovely!! It sounds like you have had a rough couple of months but I'm glad to hear you are finally getting your surgery. Good luck darling I hope it all goes well. Keep posting I would love to hear how everything goes.

Fi I love the collage! It really put me in the spirit of the holiday season. You sure put in a lot of time on this one...the tree limbs look magnificent!

Donna I love hearing about you taking the time to pamper yourself. I used to always get dolled up but I don't too much anymore. I guess because I'm lazy on work days and sleep until the last minute. I'm going to try and change that in the new year...thank you for the inspiration.

I hope I didn't miss anyone!! Have a great night all...I have 2 days until my vacation I can't wait!!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:10 AM   #148  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Tami ~ I'm glad you are getting excited for Christmas too. Yeah I cant wait to see my nieces and nephews open their presents too.

Ubee ~ Thanks, I'm always in the Christmas mood when Dec. comes around.

Betsy ~ Yeah we will both have clean houses. Yeah I'm really glad I found my bus passes, One of them hadnt even been used yet so now I have a brand new one for Jan. the only one has 2 punches on it. Thanks I hope you enjoy Christmas with your family also.

Sam ~ Thanks, Yeah I'm glad he's no longer in pain too. Yeah I knew it was the right thing to do but like you said it was very hard to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up at 12:30 a.m. after going to sleep at almost 7:00 p.m. I'm up for the day. My plans for today are to do my 40 min. chair exercise later this morning and again at 7:00 p.m. tonight and those are all of my plans for now.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #149  

Good morning all. Greetings are coming your way from a very clean house. Not your normal greeting, but then a very clean house isn't a normal occurrence around here either.

Fi -- Sounds like you and Bob have a lot going on right now, and I know that it's very hard to deal with both emotionally and physically. Please do try to keep from that slide into the negative numbers. I know that's not always in your control, but hope that you're able to enjoy the Yule celebrations. And your poor kitties. Toby sends big slobbery kisses to them to get better -- he loves cats although they usually lot at him, hiss, and run.

Ubee -- Looks like we simul-posted (love making up new words). We both seem to be infested as the pecan monster is living in me.....although it sounds like you've been more successful than I about staving off the munchies.

Sam -- It was fun just reading about your weekend. Actually, I don't think you went overboard on your eating at all. Of course I base that on the fact that if I allowed myself cake I would have had a big piece! Glad you're going to get to take the trip and see your family. Drive safely and enjoy!

Terra -- We should have cross posted during the night. I actually thought of you as I woke up around 2:45 and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally went back to sleep about 4:30 so I'm late starting off my day......like it matters a whole lot when one is retired.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Lots going on for the next few days but they're fun things with lots of family thrown in for good measure. Staying on plan will be a challenge, but I'm determined. Have a great day!
Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #150  
rockin' my 60s!

Bob and I talked about the situation with the kitties' upper respiratory infection, and we both agree that they've been on a broad-spectrum antibiotic for months already, and that it's time to see if their immune systems can rise to the challenge. They are very lively, eating well, and gaining weight on schedule, so they at least act as though they are healthy. But I may add back in the antihistamine, since it's quite benign.

I know, I know, it's a boring topic. At least I'm boring myself by writing about it.

Here's something that's not boring: my Christmas present for Grace. It has somewhere around 6000 species in it, and each one is set out neatly on a white field, so they're perfect for collage. Rocks, trees, flowers, microscopic organisms, fossils, bugs, reptiles, birds, fish, mammals, you name it: this book has 'em all. I have used it more than any other book in my "cut up or scan" category. I'm going to bring it to Wednesday's oyster stew party and have Grace open it in front of me, even if that's not when her religion celebrates Christmas. And I will sneak another present to her under the tree to open on their holiday of the 7th: a pair of the best small snipping scissors I have yet found—which she's been using at my house, so she will recognize them immediately. =big smile=

I'm still on the verge of going into a slump, or maybe I am already in a slump, as most people would define it. I did go into -1 last night, but I dealt with it by going to bed early, and woke up in a good mood. I still can't get myself to do anything productive, but so what? At least we don't have any candy or cookies in the house, so my Yuletide energy slump doesn't matter much, weight-wise. I have two adorable orange tabby orientals sleeping on my feet, as I sit on the couch writing these words, so life is good.

Last edited by Fiona W; 12-22-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Closed Thread