Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all! Well, it's rather late in the morning.. I have been up since about 7:30. It was so wonderful to sleep in a little this morning! Usually mornings begin at 5:30 for me. So today, breakfast was a rather poor choice (donut) but it was also a thought-through decision. That will be my last donut. I do not really crave sweets (but take away my chips and dip and I'll go postal! hahaha) but I do enjoy the local donut shop every now and then. Anyway, enough about that stuff. The real exciting thing is that when I weighed myself this morning (on a whim!) I was actually at 316!!! 4 lbs lost! This was my thought process: Whaaa..?? when? how?!? huh??? Lol.. I stepped off, moved the scale to another spot on the floor (you know, in case it was on a soft spot.. or something weird like the twilight zone.. lol) and I stepped back on and made sure I wasn't leaning in any direction.. and it said 315.8! I don't know how. I don't understand. But I will take it and run with it. Maybe God knew what I needed was a little jolt of excitement to get a move on this. Yay weight loss!! SO excited!

Also, my sis-in-law gave birth to their 4th little girl yesterday.. Elsie Grace. Isn't that such a sweet name? I loved it. She was a healthy baby, 8 lbs 4 oz. Labor was close to 12 hours, which I believe was the longest labor my SIL has had.. Not sure. So yay! Auntie 4th time around!

Finally, hubby and I are in the process of looking for our first home. Stressful? Yes. Exciting? Yes. Expensive? But I'm looking forward to having a place of our own, finally.

Betsy, my aunt is most definitely a computer person, we're both on skype and we both enjoy texting. I know we will be encouraging to each other. I'm excited to have family to talk to who knows what I'm going thru.

Lariet, I hear ya.. I feel like a bum when I read all the exercising these ladies do! I'm definitely working on drinking more water. I drink coffee in the AM and like to drink iced tea (no sugar or sweetener of any kind) but have slacked off on the water.. as I type this, I'm realizing how thirsty I am..

Radiojane, way to not let yourself get dragged down with the gain. I am glad you're all the more motivated to get back on the wagon! Keep it up!! It is so worth it. One thing I've always wanted to do is after losing a significant amount of weight (at least 50 lbs) is go to a store and pick up a 50 lb bag of something and see how much pressure has been relieved from my knees!

Fiona, sorry about the baby kitties! I have 2 (a white and a gray) and when they're ill it makes me so sad. They're older (about 3 yrs) but they're so much fun and sooo fluffy! Their names are Sam (white one) and Azusa (gray one).

Donna, I LOVE the exercise ache.. especially after doing weights. Best feeling ever.. I think my favorite though is the achy stomach after an intense ab workout.

Ubee, I think it would be awesome to inspire all of us to lose 40 lbs in 6 months. It wouldn't be a crazy intense regime but it would mean a constant workout and change in eating habits (which is so hard for me!!). I saw on Pinterest a sign that said "Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." I am trying to remind myself of that every time I want to eat something because I'm proud of something I did.

Ok.. I need to get off my rear and get moving with the day. time doesn't stop when I'm at the computer. I think I may put on some fun music and clean/dance for a while. My house needs the cleaning and it's always fun to dance (or jiggle) around the house. Happy Saturday!!!!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon Everyone!

I'm FINALLY getting to post from my computer!!! We moved it back into our room about a week ago but DH is always on it when I want to post watching anime shows.

DH and I have been having a hard time this week....I ended up writing him a letter about how worried I was about him to avoid any fighting. Ever since our nephew Jaxson passed this week it's been hard on us. I think I said in a previous post he told me he didn't want any secrets between us in our past or present lives. It was a little shocker for me because I had no idea that he hadn't told me everything about his past and we've been together going on 12 years. We cried a lot and I told him I was never going to leave him and he could tell me anything....Well last night after he read my letter we actually for once talked and not fought when we tried to actually talk about our worries, etc....He admitted to me that since the end of July when our friend Silviu died that his eating has been way worse than I thought. He feels he is addicted to food and can't ever stop eating. He's told me he's gone to restaurants buffets while I'm at work and would stay for a long while eating several plates piled with food....he'd get all kinds of candy and sweets and eat it all one one sitting...He even bought 2 pounds of bacon and made a huge pot of chicken bog once and ate it all before I got home. I was in shock because I had no idea...He never used our bank account to go to these places so I couldn't figure out how he got the money for these things and he said he would either steal it or sell things that we don't use anymore and take the cash and go eat. It broke my heart that he felt he had to keep that from me. I told him that if anyone understands it's me....I've dealt with emotional eating my whole life and used to go to multiple fast food restaurants and eat multiple meals just to fill the void of my mother leaving me alone at home with no food for weeks at a time back when I was in high school. I'm not disappointed in him because I know it's hard and I told him we could get through this...If I can get on track with my eating and have lost almost 80 lbs then he could do it, and I would be there to help him along the way. I honestly thought he was using drugs again behind my back...He's been a recovering drug addict since I met him so it really came as a shock that this is what he was hiding. He's ashamed and embarrassed and would hate that I told anyone, but I feel like I can tell you guys without judgement. It's going to be a long road to recovery ahead of him but I'm going to do everything in my power to help him. I don't want him to die of a heart attack....and it runs in his family BIG TIME. He is only 33 years old...too young to die. I vowed to be with him through thick and thin and that's what I'm going to do.

Some good news this week is DH's band mates bought him a brand new bass guitar....He cried he was so happy...Nobody had ever done something so nice for him before...I think it's just what he needed to help with his depression he's been enduring. With all of the death we've dealt with this year I'm just glad he's still here with me and we can work together to have a fulfilling life again. He went off to the music store where one of his band mates works while I'm typing this so I actually have the time to post lol...

Last night I tried to gym it up with my friend Suzanne...I got 30 minutes of uphill treadmill time in...and I was actually to up my speed to 3.8 MPH...That's huge for me...I remember when I first started going to the gym I could only do 3.0 and for awhile now I've only done 3.5...and I increased the incline to 10.0! Last night was also supposed to be leg day...We got one machine done and had to leave because her son was bitten by one of their dogs and her husband was freaking out. The baby did have a puncture wound but was fine. They took him to the hospital just in case and no broken bones. They are now trying to find a home for the dog because he's snapped at their niece before too and they don't want the kids to be in any danger. Surprisingly enough their pitbull is a sweetheart and it was their other dog, not sure it's breed that bit the baby on the hand. I'm just glad it wasn't worse than that.

I've been really good staying on plan this week and getting my exercise in. I'm going to try and go back to the gym this afternoon and finish my leg day. I'm hoping that DH will go with me for once....I highly doubt it, but we do have plans to get a good walk in on the beach in the morning.

We are slowly starting to gather our things we don't use or need anymore. We're in a small 2 bedroom apartment, my BIL sleeps in the other bedroom so our space is very limited and we have accumulated too much stuff in 4 years being in the same place. So I am off to get things straightened up a bit. I guess I'm starting my own BERP lol....Wish me luck!

Weigh in is tomorrow and I feel very excited to see what the scale says!!

Have a great day!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Okay I Am sorry I you guys know I am a private person and since this is a very public website I don't like sharing the intimate details of my life online. I am not that girl I don't post them on facebook either. A I will say is I have had a lot of stuff to deal ith and add to that that I hate typing on my iPhone ( and that's all I have with me right now ) means I am scarce . And it takes way more effort to post Han if I were on a computer. Also my posts are a lot less composed/literate as proof reading is nearly impossible on this thing. It's not that I don't wish you well or hope good things are happening for you guys.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 409/392/150

Height: 5'5"

silentarctic - Sending positive thoughts your way.

SamIAm - That's such a tough situation. Emotional eating is such a struggle, and it's almost harder to cope with that any other addiction, in a way. I truly hope that both of you are able to get the help you need, especially him so that he can overcome this horrible time.

Fiona - What's wrong with your kittens? I'm a long-time cat mommy - I'm sorry they're so sick!

Bllondy - Yay on the weight loss, and congrats on being an auntie! I became an auntie for the first time a few weeks ago, and I'm absolutely crazy about him.

Radiojane - That's such a wonderfully positive attitude. You're inspiring!

Okay, y'all, I've lost a total of 15 pounds IN A WEEK. It's got to be a combo of meds and diet, because I've never lost like this before. I'm not crediting the Qsymia with all of it - I've started diabetic medication that's regulating my blood sugar very well, and I suspect that's contributing. Whatever it is. I'll take it!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #65  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

ubee I forgot to tell you about the house! I love it. It's in such a quiet neighbourhood with a big back yard and a deck. Huge amounts of storage and lights in every closet which is all it takes to make me happy! I'm humbled to be inspiring to you. You're such a positive force!

Blondy I did that after I lost my first 50. It's amazing how much we carry and don't realize.

Betsey I lover your sense of humor about the rain! The temp us dropping tonight and the snow started. Supposed to be full on winter by Monday.

Mom came today so I didn't swim. I'm struggling to finish unpacking and organize. I had to clean out my vehicles today before it got gross out. Hoping to spend tomorrow cleaning
Old 11-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #66  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I'm up at 3:14 a.m. cause I went to get a drink and I brought it back to my room and I went to sit back on my bed and I didnt notice the lid wasnt on so it went all over my side of the bed so I wasnt able to go back to bed, Its mostly dry now though so I might try to go back to bed for awhile here soon. I finally got my laundry done yesterday morning. Last night before the sun went down I went for my after dinner walk and I'll do it again tonight. Its suppose to snow on Sat this week. I think thats crazy but then again I dont remember if it usually snows in Nov. here in Kansas or not, I know it does in Dec. Jan. and sometimes even in Feb. I do hope it snows on Christmas day though I love when I can have a white Christmas.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #67  

Morning Everyone!!!

I am back on track with losing I guess this week!! Woke up and weighed myself and I'm 254.2!!! I lost 7.4 lbs this week!!! I don't know if its the lemon water I've been drinking or the fact I've been tracking my food on MFP but I actually had a loss this week. I had been bouncing back and forth with the same few pounds for a couple months but this week I was able to get over the hump! Makes me so happy and proud!! That leaves me with 14.2 lbs left to lose until I've lost 100 lbs!!! My goal is to lose it by my 1 yr mark and I think I can do it!!

No personals today but hope you all have a great day!!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #68  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Sam... What a stressful time you are having. It sounds like you handled your husband's problems perfectly, allowing him time to think about what he was going to say rather than hitting him with both barrels. My husband is not an easy man to talk to.......I may use your technique in the future. It takes guts to approach these types of problems, and a loving wife is what your husband needs to get beyond his problems now.....and that what he has.Well done on getting over your plateau despite all your challenges!! I am planning on writing down my food intake in a little book as there is no getting away from the maths!!
Terra....I hope you managed to get a bit of extra sleep!
Silent....we are with you my lovely.

Lariet....that is awesome! Welllllllllll Done! And don't give all the credit to the drugs....you have made big changes and that counts for so much.

Bllondy....I love your posts....and all the smilies things!
Congrats on the new family member! I move the scales from one place to another....however my relationship with the scales is intermittent to say the least. I know I need to face reality but the scales need new batteries first and I need to find the space on the kitchen floor where I will be the lightest! Tee hee!

Betsy....with all the rain it sounds like Wales! I broke my right kneecap in Iceland in 2009 and we christened it Sven (after the mountain guide!) then my because I was putting all my weight on my left knee, my arthritis became ALOT worse, so we called it Magnus, which sounded suitably Icelandic ( what an AMAZING country!).

Ubee....it is probably called snakes and ladders because in the UK we don't have snakes to talk about......only adders and they are hardly ever seen! If we lived in a country with man-eating snakes it would be a lot more sinister!

Shan.....hope you are OK.
Fi....thinking about you.

Well.......Chinese......oops. I didn't do too bad, but had chow mein...which was gorgeous...no chips or rice and no crackers, or prawn toast or whatever. Could have eaten it twice!
We have had a lovely weekend. The weather has been pants so we didn't manage a walk yesterday, which I was disappointed about. My daughter's Dad ( my ex hubby) came with my daughter and her fiancé which sounds weird but we all get on well.
The next time she will be home will be at Christmas (yikes) when she is home for 10 days or so. I am so proud of how hard she works!

Well, I am looking forward to week 2 of the gym in a nice routine.....all being well. I WILL weigh myself this week. I need to know where I start if I am going to lose 40lb in 6 months!
Have a great day, lovely chicks.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Back to normal rainy weather -- thought of you Donna when I woke up to wet windows and wondered what it was doing in your part of the world. Sounds like abut the same thing!

Donna -- Love the story about naming your knees -- although hate the reason for naming them. I love to read the expressions you use -- for example, the weather has been pants -- as I usually only figure out what it means through context. Sounds like it's been a wonderful weekend. Do you catch yourself just taking a moment to look at everyone and experience all the love and wonder of being together?

Sam -- WOW! I'd agree that you're back in the groove with a 7 pound weight loss this week. And again I marvel at your wisdom for someone so young in getting your hubby to talk through his issues with you.

Terra -- Yes, what a mess in the middle of the night! Hope you're able to take a nap.

Jane -- Your house sounds perfect and I know Toby likes having a yard. I'm in the process of getting a doggie door installed because my Toby seems to think that my exercise routine should consist only of getting up and down to let him in and out! Of course, as big as he is I am seriously worried that not only will Toby come in but people could use it, too.

Lariet -- 15 pounds in a week!!!!! I'm not sure I've ever lost 15 pounds in a month. Whatever the reason, congrats and keep it up.

SilentArctic -- I'm so sorry if we pried too much or if it felt like we were. Just hoping that you're ok.

Bllondy -- Another loser!!! Only on 3FC can that be said and it's a good thing. Congrats and blow some of that fairy dust my way.

You all are inspiring me to actually buckle down and get on the losing bandwagon. Lots of inside things to do today so I'll be busy, but I definitelly need to make sure that I start eating more reasonably both in terms of portions and what I eat. No more excuses. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Day Everyone!
Betsy how are your days going food wise? I haven't heard you battling many demons lately.
Fi sending you warm thoughts and hope you are taking care of yourself. We will be here when you feel up to posting.
Donna glad you had such a pleasant weekend. I hope when you weigh yourself you get a nice surprise!
Sam way to go on your huge loss! I am so impressed with how you are handling so many difficulties life is throwing at you. Yes, you will make your 100 pound down goal!
Terra we had snow last night and I know what you mean about it being too soon. Where I live we can have snow from Oct. - May. It just melts quickly in Oct. & May.
Jane your house sounds wonderful. A girl can never have too much storage! I know that if enough of us get our positive energies going we can bring everyone along with us!
lariet 15 pounds!!! Bravo! Take all the credit and run with it!
Silent I am sorry you are going through a difficult time. We know you are our private one. I guess I always see you in such a positive light that I never even want to think your life is anything but roses. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. We know you love us. Sending you a big hug!
Bllondy congrats on the loss! What is your weight loss plan of action? (Sorry I am very forgetful.) Next time you are at the grocery store pick up a 4 pound bag of sugar. You will be surprised how heavy it would be if you had to carry it around all day.

WOW! We are an amazing group! Keep up the good work everyone! :carrot
Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #71  
Turning Into A New Woman

Donna & Betsy ~ I went back to sleep at 4 a.m. and mom woke me up at 8:30 this morning so I was able to get back to sleep for a couple of hours so that was good.

Ubee ~ WOW!!!! Your town/state had snow last night? I think Nov. is too early for snow but I cant wait until it snows next month though. I just dont like the ice and the cold but then again you cant have the snow without the cold so I guess it goes hand in hand LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I didnt post again until now. Sunday's are mom's days off now since she become a GM so Sunday's are gonna turn into Tuesday's and I wont be online until 6 or 6:30 at night on Sunday's. We are busy during the day though. I cleaned the bathroom today but I still need to go in my room and fold and put away my clothes. I'm also gonna do 2 miles with my dvd tonight before bed cause I didnt have time to walk outside tonight after we came home from dinner. Anyway have a good night everyone, Talk to everyone tomorrow morning.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:36 AM   #72  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone. I'm still here. Just have been busy with work changes and still researching what my new plan will be. Exercise remains a struggle even though I have all the tools at home I need. I'm lacking motivation and I just need to own up to it and get it done. My plan is to try to do three workouts this week to get me started. I lost 1.5lbs last week. I will take a loss no matter how small because while I have been calorie counting for the past three months I have been gaining and losing the same 2lbs every week. I hope by adding the exercise in it will help and I hope I can regain the intense focus and motivation I had before in 2009 when I lost 115lbs. So ashamed to know that I climbed back up on all that weight and then some. But intense food eating and drinking will do that to you regardless of the cause...and for me it went on for the past two years since I lost my mom. But, I've been on plan with calorie counting for three months. Haven't had any alcohol at all for four months and have had no soda for five months. So I do have some things to celebrate even if the scale isn't one of those things yet. Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #73  

Good Morning Everyone!

Betsy, Ubee & Donna Thank you so much for your kind words. It's been hard but I've been through a lot in my short life and I'm to the point where I think I can get through just about anything. I'm trying really hard with my husband because I don't want him to think he can't talk to me. He's being a lot more truthful with anything bothering him which I know is really hard for him, but slowly we're getting there. He really wants to get back to juicing so that makes me happy because I know how much that made him feel good. I'm hoping to get him to go walking more often and then maybe get him to the gym later on.

This morning I feel uncomfortable lol...I must have stepped in something wet and now my shoes are wet causing it to be pretty uncomfortable at work. The boss is gone for the morning so I had some time to post. To be honest I didn't even want to be here today, and if it weren't for her being out and me having a home closing today I would have called in. The weekend just was not long enough this weekend. I had plans to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday but I ended up not going. DH and I worked on cleaning out the rubble on Saturday and start organizing our room and Sunday I just felt so lazy I just needed a day to relax and rest. But today I'm back at it and plan on going on a walk when I get out of work.

It's been a slow morning and I'm pretty bored. I'm just in one of those I don't want to do anything moods. So maybe I'll just chill for a little bit until the boss gets here lol..I need to wake up!!

Hope everyone has an OP day and we all are happy & healthy!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #74  
Turning Into A New Woman

Woke up at 6:30 after not going to bed until 12:30 a.m., I let Clyde out this morning and I bought him back in cause its a little chilly. Anyway I'm currently eating breakfast and watching Cold Case episodes while posting on here and on two other forums. Today my plans are to fold and put my clothes away, Yesterday was just too busy to do it and I plan to walk outside for 30 mins to an hour after dinner.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #75  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello everybody!
Confession time....I didn't have an entirely on plan weekend but it was nice just to be chilled and we had a hoot playing cards together....oh the simple pleasures!

I have had a really stressful day today. We had to go to Cardiff (about 70 mins drive away) for me to have an assessment as I get state benefits for my complicated medical history. I always find the assessments incredibly daunting....you just feel like you are begging. I worked for 25 years before I became unwell and paid taxes and what have you but still I feel guilty about claiming state benefits.

Top that off with my gorgeous young man feeling sick again today....he had to come with us in case he was taken ill at school......and I am slightly deflated today. I think that something is bothering him and am trying to get to the bottom of it.

Well I am hoping to buck up tomorrow as I will be going to the gym and meeting a lovely friend for a coffee.

Sorry no personals, I have a raging stress headache and am going to cwtch up on the sofa with my boy.....and the puppy!
Closed Thread