Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #31  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Wow! Everyone is doing so well! I didn't realize how much I missed you all!

I am in bad shape. I don't think I've put any real effort in for more than 6 months. I'm now stiff and winded. And I'm definitely heavier.

I have been putting off coming back here because I couldn't bring myself to fully commit again, and when I'm here, I just have to be or I feel like a fraud.

I'm not going to get all maudlin though. How's everybody been??
Old 11-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone...checking in before bed again.

Thank you all for your kindness it is much appreciated. I went and saw my SIL tonight...she is doing a lot better today but I'm sure it's because of the drugs...it will eventually hit her hard and that's what I so worry and feel for her. They flew the baby to have an autopsy done and will be back tonight. We are very suspicious of malpractice in this situation because there were no signs of heart problems or anything and this was a scheduled c section. I'm hoping whatever happens it is in her favor. Tomorrow they are going to take the baby and have photos done which kind of creeps me out but none the less I understand. The funeral home that is doing the photos there aren't charging for the cremation which I thought that was very nice. They do that for families that lose their children at birth. The next plans are to have a memorial for him on the beach. That's what she wants.

Despite everything that has happened I am pretty calm and collective. I just feel so bad for my SIL and just don't even know what to think or feel. I'm still staying on plan. I am not letting my emotions get the best of me anymore. After my friend died in July that was heart wretching enough and I am still not fully back emotionally from that...don't know if I ever will be but I do know I don't want my emotions to control what goes in my mouth like it has my whole life...I'm choosing to make a change and I'm sticking with it!!

Skipped the gym since we had to drive an hour away to get to the hospital she was at, but tomorrow I will go and work on legs.

I also have been talking with a boot camp coach and am thinking about trying it. I can go to a class for free and if I like it its only $50 for the month. It's not terribly bad but would be nice to change it up a bit.

Well I'm pretty tired so I'm headed to bed. I hope everyone's day was great and you all stayed on plan...we gotta make our goals a reality!! We can do this!! Night everyone!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #33  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Donna ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking, I'll definitely keep it up.

Bllondy ~ Yeah at the Chinese place we go too they dont have egg rolls, They have spring rolls and I dont like the spring rolls, My go to food item there is the Crab Ragoon's I eat too many of them. Yeah Chipolte's last night was very good. I have left over Chips and Guac that I'm gonna take to school today.

Betsy ~ Yeah it was a busy day yesterday. I did enjoy my dinner but we didnt dine out though, We brought it back home and ate it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woke up at 5:00 a.m. but didnt get up until 6 a.m. Now its 7:35 a.m. I still need to give Clyde fresh food, He has fresh water though. I have to start watching for my bus at 8:15 a.m. and then I'll get to school at 8:30 or 9 this morning and I'll stay there until 4:00 or 4:30 p.m. Today I have two meetings but they are in the same area just in different rooms.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #34  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Sam— So sorry for what this loss is doing to you and your family. Words cannot express... You are so brave to keep on truckin', no matter what befalls you!

Jane— Terrific to see you! I respectfully disagree with you that you have to totally commit while you're on this thread, or else you're a fraud. Posting is the first step on the journey, and you have to keep taking that first step over and over again, whether you are doing anything at all in the way of diet or exercise. It's like waking up in the morning, something else you repeat every day even when some days you just turn over and stay in bed. I have been going through some of those recently, because my kitties (now almost 7 months old) still have ringworm plus that expletive-deleted upper respiratory infection. They've been sick every day since we got them, but praise the Goddess, they are growing fine & are as active as the mischievous maniacs they should be at this age. But I'm finding all the medications & other treatments to be so exhausting, some days I simply cannot do one single other thing. Anyway, my way of saying: please keep posting no matter what! If you are here, you are not a fraud!

Silent— So good to see you, too! Please tell us what's up. It doesn't have to be anything energetic or impressive: just describe what you're thinking about these days, or feeling about, or simply doing...

Blondy— I love the positive energy coming from your postings! Be careful, though, that you don't burn yourself out. I say that only because I've seen it many times before—people who join the thread with a lot of positive energy and caring personal messages to others, only to suddenly disappear... Be sure to say what's really going on with you, not a public version that's more positive than you genuinely feel. =smile=

Donna— Ditto with you, our sweet Welsh bird: love the positivity, be careful of burn-out. I don't want for you to go away for a long time the way you did before! I still don't understand what was happening during that absence, but it's up to you to tell us more about it when you're ready.

Betsy, Ubee, AntiCakeChick, Terra.... Now I have to take my own advice and not overdo it. I can barely make my stylus punch out a reasonable ending to this posting: that's how trashed I am, at 10 in the morning. Maybe I'm getting sick... I'm going to curl up with Oscar and Nénu, and nod out...
Old 11-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #35  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Fi... I hope you are ok lovely.I would love to be able to identify exactly what was going in when I was maintaining radio silence for all those months! I guess part of it is what RadioJane has said.....a feeling of being a fraud if I was sitting here eating Maltesers (or whatever) and posting on a dieting forum!
What I have learned this time (Jane this is for you!) is that ...cheesy as it sounds.....I feel I have real support from my on-line friends. You all weigh the same as me or thereabouts...and understand how complex the relationship with food is.
I know my posts are ridiculously upbeat (which may be ticking you off if you are in a slump...if so...I apologise!) and I am a little scared I will get too hyper (I am bipolar so it is something I have to watch really carefully!).
I have had such a dark 18 months until very recently....now the sun is out the contrast is staggering. I thank God, my medications and my therapist in that order!

Ubee.....your special advice helped me so much, it really did, thank you so very much.
Sam....I add my admiration to Fi's post. What a strength you must be for your SIL.
Bllondy...your post made me laugh. Charlotte's Web is one of my little boy's favourite films...I almost know it word for word! And one day is just one day....darn those hormones! There is something to be said for getting older!

Anticakechick (mmmm cake.......sorry got distracted) You will have a great time at Disney...how old is your boy? Mine is 9. Enjoy your holiday and walk miles.....they will cancel each other out!

Well I have had a manic day of house cleaning as we have visitors at the weekend. My daughter is coming with her fiancé and also her Dad..( my ex husband!) it's weird but it works for us! Thursday is a busy day for me....Help at Mums and toddlers at church, therapy appointment and then my young man and I go for a swim so I won't post tomorrow. Have a great day my lovely chickens!!!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
I slept in until almost 5 today!!! That means soon we will be back to our 6am routine. It is not a bad thing just a readjusting time. Anyhow I got very little done yesterday but the good news is that my dirty house is starting to bother me so I will be back in a good groove shortly.
Fi I'm glad your kitties are thriving and playful despite their illnesses. Hope you are not getting sick. If I remember correctly you were going to talk to your instructor about your energy levels. Did that happen yet?
Terra my friend, Chinese and Mexican are tricky food choices. Did you check the calories on line for what you've eaten. I can gain 5 pounds after those meals!
Sam you are going through such a difficult time yet you are keeping your head screwed on straight. Acknowledging that we have to change to succeed at a delicate time like this is huge. You are much younger then I am but with that last post your wisdom surpasses me by decades. Glad you are posting.
Jane seriously that is how you feel! Just think if I felt that way. What would you tell me??? I went through a crappy/blah/weird period while you were gone. I would just come on here and post "struggling..." that was it. I stayed in touch while I was regaining but I know it helped me stop and start losing sooner rather then later or worse yet never. Jane I think of you as my friend. I am here in good times and in bad. Sometimes I give, sometimes I take but that is how it works. (Can you tell I really missed you and I had lots of coffee.)
Bllondy toss that crap out of your house! If it is not in your house you can not eat it. Trust me I am a vacuum cleaner with junk food. I can suck it down before I even remember I am eating it.
Anticake that is such a great idea to share your treats while on a vacation. A little splurge with no guilt. I also love your just get it done attitude with exercise.
Silent did I read that right? You forget about us???? Ouch! Seriously though it is good to see you and know you are well. Read my long post that I wrote to Jane. It applies to both of you.
Betsy how did it go at the dentist? Did you come home and eat something healthy?
Donna that is a great membership deal. It sounds like therapy is helping. How are my sheep? Whoa! Was I supposed to feel like a fraud all the times I ate junk while reading posts? I figured if I can do it with anybody it would be you guys. We do all have a lot in common!

OK I am getting tired writing this novel but I have to share my exercise story. Yesterday I sat on the computer all day. I thought of Dean and his blood clot. I had watched a scary ghost video so I was afraid to go downstairs and use the treadmill. I remembered everyone talking about the Walk Away The Pounds video on you tube. I got 11 minutes in when I realized I better stop or I would need several new joints for Christmas. (Not the kind you smoke either!)
Have a peaceful day!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. We've gone from clear skys to complete overcast in the span of the last hour or so. Shucks.....guess that means I won't be able to get out there and do the needed yard work! (Not really too disapppointed!)

Ubee -- Glad that your biorhythms are beginning to get back in sync. The time change always does a number on us.......now that we're not at that stage of life where we can sleep any time/any where. How did it go after the dentist? HORRIBLY. Complete loss of control. Still trying to figure out what triggered it--think it was a combo of different pieces of advice from the hygienists at the dentist's office coupled with being in a battle with my warfarin testing provider. Not an excuse, just more realization that anything remotely emotional -- good, bad, or indifferent seems to get the "food will fix this" approach. I promise to do better after the big squishing on Thursday.

Donna -- Your posts aren't ridiculously upbeat at all -- they're wonderful. It's always a treat to read posts that are so positive -- gives us all inspiration. Love that you have successfully blended your families and treat each other with kindness and love. We'll miss you tomorrow.

Fi -- ZZZZZZZZZ.......sounds of sleep to give you some pep. There are just days when we're with it and others when we're not. Maybe you're with Ubee and me and having the annual time change adjustments. Wish your kitties would get better as caring for a sick animal is time consuming and frequently messy.

Terra -- Sounds like a busy day at school. Do you just take your lunch when you have to be there all day?

Sam -- I was glad to read that you realize that you've been through a lot already this year and are dealing with that in such a positive manner. Your SIL is going to need a lot of support for the next year and you are such a caring and giving person.

Jane -- You a fraud? No way! I'm so glad you're back posting with us. And you're not alone in your efforts -- even with mixed results -- as I have put on 30 pounds from my all time low. But coming here each day helps me with it, or at least it helps with part of the emotions so I can analyze and deal with the other. Please don't feel like a fraud.

Bllondy -- I have to admit that I've never had the urge to go out an run after reading the posts here, but then it's been 40 years since I've had the urge to run. Heck, I'd be happy with having the urge to walk a straight line. With my arthritis, I'd be happy with the urge for any activity. You'll get lots of good ideas from this group or some humorous prodding from Ubee and me.

Anticakechick -- Planning your food ahead......yet another insight to successful weight loss! Seeing the 200s again.....WOW that would be an incentive.

SilentArctic -- Glad you're posting to let us know that you're alive and well up there in the cold hinterlands.

Time for the gym and then home to vacuum and get the geraniums potted up (no, I still haven't gotten that done). I also need to get working on sorting the pictures for my nephews' albums that I'm trying to put together or else it won't be a Christmas present this year either. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #38  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Ubee Yeap, you're definitely excited I missed you!

Betsey I'm hoping I've only gained 30 pounds! I know I'm back over the 400 mark because my scale won't read me. I have a new one coming

Fi Feline upper respiratory is a pain in the ***. I definitely feel your pain on that one. I dealt with it growing up and now I deal with it regularly volunteering for the shelter. Hope your kitties get better!

Thank you to everyone for the support! Today I have been fully on plan, and Monday was my first day back at the pool. I went back to work Sept 1 and my new hours make it very hard to swim but I'm trying. I also have an ankle injury from a fall this summer that's messing with my mojo too. I have a new scale coming and I'm bracing myself for that bad news.

Now, off to yell at a shelter employee. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #39  
rockin' my 60s!

I discovered what has been wrong with me. I've been suffering severe muscle cramps & spasms, plus nausea so bad I have barely been able to eat a thing. It was really wearing me out!

But today I realized that I had mistakenly been attributing these symptoms to the changes my body is going through as a result of the Qigong treatments, when in fact I had screwed up my withdrawal from Geodon, a powerful antipsychotic—one not to be messed with. I started the withdrawal at the farm because the Qigong was so helpful, I wasn't needing the Geodon so much. But I blew it big time and tapered it way too fast. No wonder I have been so sick! So now I've calculated a more sensible taper and marked it in my datebook so I won't forget to withdraw sloooowly. I still feel very weak this evening, but the nausea has abated so I could actually eat my lunch, and the cramps & spasms are much more tolerable. =whew=
Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #40  

Hi All!

Today was a pretty decent day...I'm really loving posting what I eat on MFP...I've been way more apt to eat what I should once I see the nutrition information. My only issue has been I'm not eating enough calories now it said...but I'm staying full so I'm not sure what to do about that situation.

I killed it today at the gym...I did the treadmill for 30 minutes and was able to get up to doing 4.0 mph!!! I also worked on arms today.

Dinner was simple...left over rotisserie chicken with steamed broccoli and sauteed mushrooms and onions.

Not much else going on...same old stuff.

Thanks everyone for the love...I'm really greatful to have you all as my family...personals soon...have a great night!!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 409/392/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! It's been forever since I was here. I've basically started over with my weight loss efforts. I got up to about 409, and finally had a doctor tell me that I'm diabetic, which I've suspected for a while. I've known for a long time (forever, really) that I need to make a change, and I've tried before with mixed results - we all know the story! But a combination of factors have finally led me here. I feel like I've hit my last chance to do this the "old-fashioned" way before I start looking to weight-loss surgery. So I'm trying to go all-in. I started Qsymia last week, and I've cut out a lot of refined carbs, cut portions, etc. I want to exercise more, but I've been dealing with a lot of back pain the past couple of weeks, so I'm limited until that goes away.

All this is to say, I caved and weighed myself today, and I've lost 9 POUNDS SINCE SATURDAY!!! I'm so thrilled, I just can't handle it. I'm back under 400. Not by much, but I'll take it!

I just had to put that out there in the world.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #42  
rockin' my 60s!

Welcome to the 300+ Chat thread, lariet! And a big CONGRATULATIONS for being in the 300s again! I'm on a reduced-carbo diet myself. It works: I'm here to tell you that it works. =smile=

Last edited by Fiona W; 11-06-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #43  

Morning Everyone,

I thought since I actually have a bit of time at the office I can post early and give some personals ...It's been awhile.

Ubee You have always been my biggest cheerleader...you and Betsy. I really appreciate everything you've done for me since I started my journey and this thread. I am certain that because of you I haven't given up on my ultimate goal to be healthy and happy. I am a good person and deserve the best in life and I have you to thank for making me realize that. It has been a tough year with losing my friend and now my nephew, but I can assure you I've been through much worse and have come out ok...So I know I will be ok and I won't stop with this journey. I'd be a complete idiot if I stopped now! By the way...I have heard my whole life that I've wise beyond my years ....So you gave me a good smile when I heard it from you <3. Thanks for everything, I truly appreciate it.

Betsy I wanted to thank you too for everything you've done for me. You all have made me realize that life is short and I shouldn't let a few little set backs take me away from wanting to persue my one dream I've had for life...to lose weight and feel comfortable in my own skin. I hope the weather is nice for you today as you said the storms start rolling in this time of year. I know we've been going through some chilly days but then yesterday and today I think it's supposed to be somewhat warm. It irritates me because I love the cold and I'm so ready to be all bundled up in sweaters and scarves hehe =smile=.

Fi I'm sorry that the kitties are still not getting better. I think I'm going to have to take mine to the vet as well...I think they may be developing ring worm too ...My turtle however is very happy and healthy...She's a little piggy eating her greens and we still feed her baby pellets too...She's the cutest darn thing ever though ...I too know what you mean by going through the Geodon withdrawl. When I first started my journey I was feeling so great that I thought I probably didn't need th Geodon anymore so I slowly weaned myself off of it only to have a complete major break down from the withdrawls. I didn't tell DH that I was doing it until I had the break down. I just didn't want to have to take medicine to feel like myself...I didn't want to be the weird girl that has to take medicine to feel normal...DH also has depression issues and was so loving towards me during that time and told me it's ok to take medicine as long as you feel like you and it isn't hurting you. He's right so I still take it daily. I hope you get to feeling better soon and the kitties too ((((HUGS))))

Dean Where ya man? Missing hearing about the delicious coffee you're having for the day!

Silent I'm glad that you're back here with us....Keep posting and don't EVER feel like a fraud because you're not...We're here for you and even if you have an off day(s) don't worry about it. We will be here to help you pick up the pieces when you're ready.

Donna I am so glad to hear that everything went well with your gym session. It sounds like you've got a pretty good deal there. My gym is only $20 a month which isn't bad and it includes the gym, tanning, massage beds and chairs, and a red light therapy room. I wish they had a pool and classes but they don't. How are things going with DH's new job?

Bllondy Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to meet you. You have definitely chosen the right weight loss thread to join. Everyone is so nice and very helpful and encouraging here. I wish you well on your journey and am here if you ever need any support.

Jane I've missed you!! So glad you're back...Keep posting as often as you can and you'll be right back in the groove like you've done before...I know you can do this...Don't give up!!

Anticake I hope you and your boy enjoy Disney!! I've never been but would LOVE to go one day!!

Terra Hope you had a good day at school and your appointments went well!

If I missed anybody I'm really sorry but I think I covered everyone. Today is my typical day of work...I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already!! My mom's birthday is tomorrow, she's turning 51. She's having a party with her friends...I was invited but I'd rather just come visit on the weekend or something instead of being out at a bar that I've never been to with a bunch of people I don't know...I can already feel my social anxiety going through the roof just thinking about it. It's kind of grey outside...we may get some rain. I'm hoping it holds out so I can go on a walk when I get out of work. Hoping I can get DH to come along too. He's been going through a lot these past couple days...Lots of depression. He was abused as a child and he told me a lot that I didn't know about last night...We had a good cry session and I think he felt good getting it off his chest. I told him I'd always be here and he could tell me anything. He has really been thinking about telling his whole story through a video or a book. He knows that it will more than likely alienate him from his family but I think if it is going to make him feel better and become the person he's always wanted to be then I think he should go for it and I'll be there to support him every step of the way. I've gone through my own troubles of abuse, rape and abandonment growing up so I had to grow up fast and be an independent person at a very early age. I could never imagine going through the things he has though and it just breaks my heart that someone could what they did to him.

On a lighter note...I've been taking these little packets of crystalized lemon called True Lemon and putting them in hot water and drinking several cups throughout the day to stay warm and getting my water in. I've heard lemon is really good with detoxing the body and things of that nature. Maybe it will even aid in my weight loss! That would be so cool if I actually noticed a difference from it. I started on Monday and it's been a nice change instead of plain cold water. I've still been drinking 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning but I could possibly stop the coffee in the near future if I wanted to. I don't think 1-2 cups of coffee with a bit of creamer is bad and one of my guilty pleasures that I don't really feel bad about.

Anyway, I gotta head back to work. The boss should be back from taking a test for her life license soon. I hope everyone has a great day...stay OP and happy and healthy! We're all in the same boat and can break free of the same old thing....Big love to everyone!
Old 11-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #44  

Whops! Almost forgot....Welcome lariet to the thread! Hope you'll stay awhile!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Everyone!
Busy being a mom all day today.

Sam your post made me count my blessings again. Hugs girlfriend. I drink hot lemon water and it helps fill me up. Plus I noticed if I drink something warm it makes my hunger go away.
Fi I am so glad you realized what was going on.
Jane please don't call it bad news. That makes me feel guilty for my regain. Let's call it a learning curve.
Welcome lariet! Woohoo on the 9 pounds down. One bite at a time, one step at a time, one pound at a time.
Betsy what is your plan of action tomorrow when you take the girls to the pancake house??? Or is it today?
Hi to everyone! Have a peaceful day.

Last edited by Ubee; 11-06-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Closed Thread