Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Off work today, going to see a new doc, as mine moved away. This one is supposed to be very good with clotting, so we'll see how the recovery is going.

Starting the day with some black coffee, since I've got all the testing for a new doc. Starbucks Christmas Blend. Not bad, but I do miss my cream.

Dean
Old 08-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Dean, so good to see you. What a wake up call. I like your positive attitude that it could have been worse. Why no cream? Calories or something else?
Terra that is great that you go to the DA4A meetings. We have similar meetings but they are called something else. They are further away in the bigger cities so I don't go. Thank you for contributing to the think tank! Are you working on pushing through any new change/improvement?
Betsy yes when you eat carbs your body needs to hang onto more water. Did you make your own tomato soup? My husband and daughter eat our tomatoes like apples so they go fast.
Sorry I was missing yesterday. We took my youngest daughter to college. She is going to a private one and it is very family/community oriented so we stayed until late last night. Everything was an activity and then food... it was fat girl heaven. I warned my daughter to be careful.
One thing I noticed yesterday was how much food the other students brought with them. My daughter took a few things because she is on the smallest meal plan and will often eat breakfast in her room. We really are conditioned to cosume a lot of food. OK enough chatting.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #123  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ What do you mean by any new change/improvement? I didnt understand the question, Sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 8:30 this morning and like every morning I got my morning duties done. It just turned to noon, Already today I took out the trash and cleaned inside of the trash can and Im about to make Deviled Eggs to take to a picnic Scott and I are going to at 5 pm today. Im also gonna do my 2 mille walk after I get done making the Deviled Eggs. Im really looking forward to the picnic, DA4A has one every year and this one will be the 2nd one I've been too, I wasnt able to go last year so Im really glad I can go this year and of course tonight before bed I'll do my 2 mile walk again so I'll walk 4 miles before the day is over.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning. Where is everyone? It's been quiet -- too quiet -- on this thread this week. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Terra You do keep busy during the day between school, home, and walking. Those days pass by so fast!

Dean So glad you're back posting with us -- for several reasons! What a scare you had, and you're right that this could have had far more serious consequences. Do they have any idea what caused the clotting. If you ever have surgery of any kind in the future (hopefully not), be sure to mention this as they will definitely have a more intensive anti-embolism post-surgery treatment plan. Just glad that you're back with us and we can get the coffee update. I did get a chuckle out of your signature line about dogs being the only animals that love us more than themselves. I might have to add that mine also loves my slippers more than himself and possibly me! Just chewed up another pair last night and I thought I had them up out of his reach. Oh well, he more than makes up for it with all the affection he showers on me.

Not much new going on here. I'm procrastinating on the yard work, but am making great strides in getting the house whipped into shape. It will all get done. Have hit a stall int he weight loss which had been steady at 1/2-1 pound per day. Not too surprising as no one can continue at that pace unless starvation is involved. The kids are coming this weekend to help with getting things ready for me taking care of their dad (my BIL) for the next couple of weeks after his second hip replacement of the year (other hip). Off to the gym, bookkeeping and yard work. Have a good day.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #125  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah the days do go by fast, I agree
Old 08-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #126  

*waving to everyone*
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #127  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

While drinking my coffee this morning, I have a quick moment before my visitor, my best friend Mary, wakes up. About Mary, who is about 53, six and some years younger than me: a Midwesterner through and through, she lives now in St. Paul, Minnesota, and loves it there. She has many passions, but three grand ones: (1) early (baroque) music: she plays the viola da gamba—a large viol that predates the cello by many, many years—in various ensembles in her area; (2) the German language: she's self-employed as a German translator of mostly medical & legal documents; (3) pop culture, especially movies, especially horror and action flicks. The latter passion is shared by the two of us, and we get together every summer for five intense days during which we watch about 50 hours of movies. Our favorite sub-genre is splatter comedy: fake blood played entirely for laughs, a lot like Buster Keaton's silent comedy. We met on the Internet in 1990 (years before the Web came along) and have been having our annual "Blood Binge" for over 20 years.

This year I shared Mary with my great-niece Grace for an afternoon. Mary drove from Minnesota to Maryland in order to bring along her viola da gamba, named Cedric, and jam with other baroque musicians in this area. Since Grace plays the double-bass in her school orchestra, I arranged for her to meet Cedric and participate in what Mary calls a "gamba petting zoo." Mary gave a patient and humorous introduction, one-on-one with Grace in which I was a fly on the wall, to everything from the history of early music and its instruments, to musical notation of the period, to the physical characteristics of the gamba itself. She played three lovely, complex pieces for us, then let Grace hold (with her legs) Cedric and try playing him a bit. It was marvelous! I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson and did not regret giving up some of my time with Mary. After Grace left, Mary paid her the high compliment of saying that if she were in high school with Grace, she would want to be one of her friends.

Now soon Mary will be up and we will be back to our packed schedule of movies. Wishing you all well... I will write again on Monday...
Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #128  

Good Morning!
Fi that sounds like a wonderful time!
Hi shinesgirl! What have you been up to?
Terra is your DA4A meeting to promote independence for persons with disabilities? If so, they often have an impact on the community to change things or improve things. I was just wondering if they were working on helping the community improve/change anything.
Betsy you are right it is sloooow on here. Will be able to keep posting while you are nursing Bill back to health?
How is everyone doing????
Today in her challenge thread Katt reminded me that if you are struggling, gaining or yo-yoing 3 Fat Chicks is where you should be. So many times we pulll away from here when it is the time we should stay hyper focused on being here.
Come on everybody get back here and let's help eachother succeed!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #129  

Good morning all. Woke up at 4:30 for some odd reason and couldn't get back to sleep. I foresee a nap in my afternoon.

Dean You are a true coffee drinker when you will drink it black rather than not have any at all. Did you like the new doctor? With the blood clots, having a doctor is definitely high on the necessity list!

Terra (and maybe Ubee, too), What is DA4A? Probably something I should know but haven't heard of this group.

Shinesgirl Back at ya.

Fi Sounds like a great visit with Mary! Glad you're enjoying yourselves.

Ubee Hopefully I can at least drop in to say hi......it's exhausting for the first two weeks until he gets more mobile. Fortunately Bill is easy to get along with and definitely not demanding at all.

Ubee's right -- I need all the support I can get. Had an off day yesterday and am amazed at how easily old habits just slip back into place. Bought food to have for the boys (the big boys, not the little guys) tomorrow so they can see their dad and help with getting things set up for Bill's recuperation and darn if it didn't call to me during the evening. And I was definitely overly responsive to the silent overture. Aaarrggghhhh......will when chips lose their hold on me?!

OK, must get the deck cleaned off. Am going to pull out the cuke and pea vines as they've stopped producing. Need to water everything, clean the carpeting on the stairs, and actually finally tackle some of the yard work. It's a gorgeous day here, so that shouldn't be a problem. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #130  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yes we are always making changes and improving things for people with disabilities.

Betsy ~ DA4A first stands for Disability Advocates 4 Action and we are a group with or without disabilities that who take action to promote equal access for all services, programs, activities, resources, facilities in society

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:30 this morning cause I forgot to turn my alarm on to go off at 5 am so I could get up and be ready to walk outside at 7 am. Oh well I'll be sure its on when I go to bed tonight. As I do every morning I got my morning duties done. Right now Im just watching t.v while eating breakfast but after breakfast Im gonna do my 1st 2 mile walk of the day and then I'll walk again at 1 pm and then again at 6 or 6:30 tonight and Yes I still need to clean the bathroom before I go to bed tonight. If you couldnt guess Im a put things off for another day type of person when it comes to house work LOL.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #131  

Betsy I would use the excuse of "It's a beautiful day here." as a reason not to waste it doing yard work. Glad you will be popping in. Bill's recovery seemed like FOREVER to me last time! Are there any chips that the boys like and you don't? Wow, who would have thought you could hear someone laughing in Washington all the way in Wisconsin???
Terra I am your partner in crime when it comes to putting off house work. I'm not sure if this is a weightloss thread or a I don't want to clean my house thread most days.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #132  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

=also waving back to everyone=

Mary is making a Moroccan eggplant dish right now as we take a break from peals of laughter while watching movies. After Mary leaves, Monday morning, I will have a short period to get caught up with folks. Then Bob and I will leave for the farm over a long Labor Day weekend. We're going to take the kitties with us, and my auxiliary studio will be painted. I'll be off the Net while there.

I broke down a bit this morning before Mary woke up, and ate my dark chocolate bar earlier than I wanted to. It was calling to me. No big deal, but I am concerned to get back to doing my leg exercises.

Great to see you back, Dean!

Last edited by Fiona W; 08-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #133  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yeah I agree, I dont know which one it is either most days LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 3 am this morning and I've been up ever since cause I went to bed way too early last night so when 3 am came around my body and back was telling me "GET UP, ITS TIME TO GET UP" LOL. So I went ahead and got up, I dont know if I'll take a nap today or not but what I do not is not to go to bed so early again. Since Im up so early though I definitely plan to get my 5 miles in today and I'll definitely have plenty of time to clean the bathroom today LOL.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-24-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #134  

Good morning all. Foggy morning here which is normal living this close to the Sound, but it will burn off by noon. Or not....somewhat unpredictable weather patterns out here.

Terra DA4A sounds like a great group. I tried finding a group here in WA, but didn't see any listed. Sounds like a great group with which to be affiliated.

Ubee This is WA. It's either a beautiful day or rain. Not a whole lot in between. I have felt a stronger and stronger desire to just move into a condo or at least a house that isn't on the side of a ridge. Yes, it is amazing about how far sound travels, but you did give me a great idea. One nephew loves the Jalapeno chips so I'll see if the other one does. I think they're awful! Interesting approach -- I'd like to invite you to my house and I'll be serving only foods that I hate. Talk about hostess with the mostest!

Fi Moroccon egg plant -- yum! I LOVE egg plant and grow it in one of my deck planters. Have a great time at the cabin and we'll look forward to catching up with you on the flip side.

I had a food shock moment this morning. Normally when the family is coming for the day I don't bother entering my food on MFP. I figure that I'll watch it or just count it as a cheat day. Well, I decided today that I would enter what I'm serving for the day. Good heavens -- no wonder I'm fat since I ate this way for most of my life. The total calorie count for the day is 2876 calories with 245 g of carbs. Breakfast was two slices of toast (45 calorie/slice Sara Lee multigrain) with 1 TBL of PB. That wasn't too bad at 280 calories. Lunch is to be a hot dog (in bun) and one ounce of chips. That's 470 calories and 42 g of carbs. Then supper. T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, corn, fresh baked bread, Caesar Salad, and apple pie a la mode. Yes, it's a ridiculous meal, but one that the boys (the big boys.....the grown men) love. That meal has 2,126 calories and 177 g of carbs. That was really an eye opener for me and certainly explains a lot about how I got here and why I can't afford cheat days. Just went in and changed the day. Still have a hot dog, but no bun and no chips. Added in 1/8 of a cantaloupe. Have 4 oz of the steak instead of the whole thing, half a baked potato, no corn, no bread, no pie, but will have 2 cups of the Caesar Salad. That comes to 1,144 calories and 88 grams of carbs. MUCH BETTER!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #135  

Late Hellos today!
Went out today and was good 50% of the time. I am not as brave as Betsy so I will not add up the damage.
Betsy I am still laughing at your "no wonder I am fat" comment. Same here my memory loss really kicks in when I try to remember all I've eaten in a day.
Just decided I am going to write down everything I eat this week. On a page not mfp. MFP causes me some weird head game stuff lately so I will just write it down and not count carbs or calories, just observe honestly how much my portions are out of control.
Terra how long did it take you to work up to 5 miles a day?
Fi this morning I did 5 leg lifts. Ugh! I am out of shape. Have a fun vacation and we will be here waiting to hear how the kitties liked the different house.
Closed Thread