Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #106  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah I was able to take a nap today
Old 08-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #107  

Ubee - I like what you said about making a commitment, & I absol. agree that coming here each day is a huge help! Since you mentioned school, I have to confess...every year at this time I meanly gloat that the students have to go back & I still have my "freedom". (How immature am I?!!)

Sugar - Hi : ) I hope you talk lots & lots about Germany b/c I wld love to hear more about it! I wld REALLY love to visit there & go to your famous Christmas markets!

Milliej - Congrats on losing 6.2 lbs!!! Woot woot!!!

Fiona W - Yikes, no wonder you finally "crashed" - that was some project you were doing! I felt overwhelmed just reading how much you've done! Defin. it's time to take a big step away from it & try to just convalesce! I know it will be hard to let it all go for a while, but pretend you're advising someone else on this - you wld want the best for them & you deserve the best as well.

Sam - oooh, your frittata sounds sooo yummy! (& defin NOT what I need to go to bed thinking about, lol)

Silent - I wld also like to hear about yr prom dress - the fancier the better!

Terra - You are inspiring me to try & start walking - I am so impressed at the mileage you do each day! (right now I just walk to the mailbox & back)

Betsy - Having sunscreen is defin a *good thing* (says me who just came back fr the dermatologist today w/ 2 sun-damaged areas that needed a blast of nitro being done) but the most important thing you need after working in the hot sun, is a plentiful supply of watermelon waiting in the fridge to refresh you when you drag yourself back indoors!

-sgrl (short for shinesgirl, much easier to write, lol)
Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
I am going through carb withdrawl and I am a bear!
Shinesgirl your post just reminded me that I have a watermelon in my fridge. That will definately help with my cravings.
Terra how is Clyde doing?
Sam good job making plans to get on a sleeping schedule. So important.(As I desperately tried to teach my kids.)
Fi Remeber Mary is coming to see you, not your house. Grace will love a day to focus on the kitties. Take care of you.
millie excellent news about the 6.2 loss!
Kayley do you have to go on a liquid diet before your surgery?
Betsy if a vacuum lasts a year I consider that good. So that means I should be able to use it 4 times without it breaking. I like the tight pants idea. I used to do that back in the day when I was losing. I love roasted veggies! My daughter and I can eat a huge pan in one sitting which can be expensive in the winter. Just an FYI when I see you losing it helps me so keep at it!!!
Sugar I am so pleased that you checked in. Thank you!
Jane, Jane, Jane???
So last night I wanted chocolate. Twice I asked my husband to go uptown and get me some. Twice he said yes. Twice I scolded him and told him he is supposed to say no. I need to retrain him. I told him he could enable all my other bad habits but not eating unhealthy.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Sorry ladies it was just a black dress, nothing special. Not very "prom" ish I tried on my high school "grad" dress and got it on but I couldn't really breath so that didn't fly. I never had a real prom (and I'm okay with that). So just simple black, that was it, nothing fancy I didn't do a fancy updo just straightened my hair that was all :-P
Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #110  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much, shinesgirl and Ubee, for the words of sympathy and encouragement to take care of myself. Bob has really been steppin' up to the plate for me, working on both the guest bedroom and guest bath. We just have to make those rooms usable, not perfect! I went grocery shopping this morning to get a few necessities, but other than that, it's been rest, rest, and more rest. I was in depression pain last night, and a little bit this morning before my coffee kicked in, so I still don't know how I'm going to be doing during Mary's visit. I'm definitely going with Plan B for my time with Grace: a wee bit of art education, but mostly just playing with the kittens. Best wishes to all of y'all!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Just a fast pass through as I'm running late (for me....not sure how a retiree runs late!). Fi, feel better and Ubee hit the nail on the head -- the visit is with you, not the house! Ubee, once again you've got me laughing over using the vacuum 4 times in a year. So far, so good -- I am in love with the thing and have vacuumed twice, so we're half way through the test.

Sorry for not sending notes to everyone. Still on the downward march with the weight. Feel like Sherman marching to the sea.

Have a great day.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #112  
Turning Into A New Woman

Sgrl ~ That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!, I am glad I'm inspiring you to try and start walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I woke up at 7 am and Mom,Scott and I went to Habitat Restore to buy some area rugs and then at 10:30 am Mom and I went to my older brother's house to visit with him and his family and then we left there at 1:30 pm and then we came home and I took a nap from 1:30 to 4 pm and then we ate Free Birds Burrito's at 5 pm (Dinner) and now Im about to do my first walk of the day with my Leslie Sansone dvd, I did get my laundry done yesterday like I planned and I also got my room cleaned which I didnt plan but I still need to clean the bathroom, I'll probably do that tonight before I go to bed.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-19-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Shinesgirl The frittata was amazing! I even had the left overs for lunch today. Wanted to applaud you for walking to the mailbox and back...It is a great step in the right direction!!!

Millie Glad to see you posting again GREAT JOB on the weight loss this past week!!!!

Sugar Keep working girl you can do it!!! Glad to see you posting again too

Betsy I think you're right with allowing yourself a not on plan meal every now and then....But the hard part is remembering to not have it every day...I feel pretty lucky that my will power is so high so I haven't completely fallen off the wagon...I've gotten dangerously close but I can't ever go back to being that way again. I hadn't had a drink in over a year until my friend died so this weekend I really over indulged with the booze but it's out of my system and I'm glad I was able to grieve...That's the one thing about me and alcohol is if I'm really sad or really happy my emotions really run rampant. It felt good to let myself feel though.

Ubee You'll get through the carb withdrawal...It's ok!!! (((HUGS)))....You are right that you need to retrain DH lol....But if he's anything like my DH he will say yes because he's afraid of getting yelled at for not giving me what I want LMAO....I'm glad I'm not really like that anymore...My DH used to always try to help me not over eat and he always got the bad end of the stick when it came to food....Food really doesn't seem to control my life the way it did....more so now my healthy habits control my life and I'm ok with that, it keeps me accountable.

Fi I hope you enjoy your time with Mary and Grace...I'm sure everything will go fine. Big hugs to you my dear I know how that depression pain can be and I don't wish it on anyone...I hope the rest of the week looks like sunshine and rainbows for you <3

Silent Are you feeling any better???

Jane!!! Jane where are you!?!?!?!?! I really hope she is doing ok...Sending positive thoughts her way!!!

I actually made the time to sit down on the computer tonight to post which seems to be a rarity these days as I usually post on my phone but this makes it to much easier. Had a pretty good day today but didn't do so well with waking up like I'm trying to do lol...I hit the snooze for almost an hour...I am really bad with that...Maybe if I put my phone across the room to turn it off it'll be better??

I went walking with Suzanne after work today. I treated myself to a green tea frappucino from Starbucks today but it was small and I'm sure I burned it off plus more this evening....I almost thought we weren't going to get our walk in because it started raining just as I got to her house but it did eventually clear. I'd say we probably walked about 3.5 miles today, maybe 4. I didn't think to turn my tracker on my phone on.

DH and I had a poor man's meal tonight...at least that's what I call it lol...We had pinto beans with spicy cornbread. I dressed my beans with some jalapenos, salsa, little cheese and some sour cream...Pay day is tomorrow so I'll be able to go to the grocery store after work.

I've gotten hired for 2 makeup jobs coming up in October. I'm really excited to be doing this and should make about $215 plus any tips with the two jobs combined. One of the weddings is Oct 5th, the other is Oct 11th. I'm meeting with one of the couples next weekend to do a trial run on both of their makeup and just ordered some disposables tonight for the occasions since I'm out. I also need to shop for some false eye lashes but I'm hoping I can go to an inner city wig shop around here and find a good deal on some.

Anyway..It's time for me to turn off all my devices and head to bed.....Hope everyone had a great day! Check in tomorrow
Old 08-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #114  

Ubee - Poor you!!! carb withdrawal & choc cravings - arrrgh. That is TOUGH!

Silentartic - That was a teeny bit disappointing about the prom dress not having frills etc. but I'll get over it ~ le sigh~
Since I live in jeans & tee shirts, I live vicariously thu other people who actually wear "nice" clothing,lol.

FionaW - I'm so glad to hear that you are actually letting yourself get the rest you need! Your guests are coming to see YOU, they will like anything you put out there, so your job till they arrive, is to just sit back & sip on a 2nd cup of coffee, & prepare to enjoy their visit. (Sometimes I think I drink coffee just for the lovely smell, esp. hazelnut!)

Betsy - Hey, being on a downward trend on the scale is a pretty fine update! Good for you! Woo hoo!
A teeny lesson I learned today is that I cannot have an open bag of Chex Mix offered to me. But burning up calories by vacuuming my house seems like too harsh a solution, lol.

Terra - Thanks so much for the "awesome" it made me feel really good. In fact, b/c of your encouragement, this wk-end I'm going to buy myself a pair of proper shoes that will give me proper support. Sounds like you had a nice day - I'm a big fan of Habitat Restore. (hmm, another idea for my wk-end!)

Sam - If you figure out a way to get yourself out of bed, pls share it b/c I am terrible at getting up! I don't even hear the alarm, never mind hit the snooze button.
Congrats on landing those 2 jobs - being a make-up artist sounds so glamorous, but I'm sure it takes a whole lot of effort!
*still drooling @ the sounds of that frittata*
Old 08-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #115  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Sorry I just read your post, To answer your question though Clyde is doing good.

Sgrl ~ Im glad to hear your going out to buy walking shoes this weekend and you may stop by Habitat Restore, That is an awesome store but you already know that LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:30 am and I've already done my morning duties. I just came back in from going for my morning walk. Im gonna take a shower at 8:30 am and then I'll get ready to go to school at 9:30 am. I'll come back home at 4 pm. My plans for today is to get the bathroom cleaned(Yes I can I said I was gonna clean it but I havent yet) Im also gonna get my 2 mile walk in tonight also.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning! I am so happy to have this special place to come to!
Terra please do share what you did in school today.
shinesgirl it sounds like you fit in with many of us on here that do not like housework. I am getting better. The more things I get rid of the less I have to clean or move to clean. Good shoes are so important. Glad you are getting some.
Sam I am really proud of you for how well you are doing. Such a hard time yet you are full of positive energy! I taught my kids to put their alarm on the other side of the bedroom.
Betsy how are your weeds? We got a soaking rain and today would be a perfect day for "someone" to pull them. I think I am going to look into that vacuum. The last of my carpet will be out next month so it sounds ideal for my tile and wood.
Fi coffee is my favorite medication. Hope all goes well and you have the best girlfriend time!
Silent I will give you a pass this time on your social prom party thing because you are still recovering. Next time remember "It is not done until it is over done."
Jane, Angie, Millie, Sugar, Kayley,...thinking of you!
Read somewhere, "Food is the most overused anxiety med and exercise is the most under used anti-depressant."
Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Hope this finds everyone doing well.

Terra Sounds like a busy day yesterday. I love the Habitat Restore places, too -- so many good finds there and I feel like I'm helping someone in the end.

Sam Your meals are always so creative -- loved the "poor man's" meal as some of those are on my favorites list. And you're right -- the occasional off plan meal isn't going to hurt, it is when every meal is off plan.

Shinesgirl Housework of any kind is almost akin to a dirty word around here. But all the local cleaning personnel charge between $25-30/hour, and I can clean my own house for that. I have to admit that I think being enthralled with a vacuum is a little weird though even for me.

Ubee The weeds are still there. I know that is a shock. However the tomatoes and apples are seriously decimated due to the fact that Toby and Becky keep "picking" them and eating them. I'm still in love with the vacuum. I'm still waiting for that exercise high to hit me some day......maybe the intensity level is a little low!

Fi Hope you're feeling better, looking forward to Mary's visit, and have given Bob a big kiss for finishing up (sort of) the guest room. Have a great visit.

Time to clean the kitchen and the baths. Had an on calorie day yesterday but way too many carbs so I gained half a pound. I definitely have to keep the carbs within bounds or else I just absorb water. Don't know that I've read anything about water retention from carb intake, but that's what seems to happen with me. However, my tomato soup tasted ssssssoooooo good yesterday. Have a great day.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #118  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ I had a DA4A meeting, It was from 1 pm to 3 pm and then I came home but I got to school a little after 10 am this morning though so it was a long day by the time I got home at 3:30.

Betsy ~ Yes there are great finds at that store. I feel good about helping people in the end too.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Default Back after a pretty long time

Sorry I've been gone a while, but I didn't just "drop out" of the weight loss thing, I had some health issues...

Went on Vacation some time ago, and then was fighting a dry cough for weeks... Went to my primary care doc three times over about a week and a half period, and never got any relief... Doc finally ordered a CT scan, and it showed multiple blood clots on both lungs... In the ER, they found clots in both legs, too!

I spent about a week in the hospital, three weeks at home on oxygen, and then I've been back at work a couple weeks now. I'll be on thinners for 3-6 months, and then we'll decide if I need them longer. Still don't have my energy back, and if I do too much or walk too fast, I can't quite get enough air. I'll get back to normal, but it seems to be taking longer than I'd like.

I'm very, very lucky, as I could have had a stroke or worse at any time with those clots.

I will say that the doggies enjoyed having me home for several weeks, LOL.

Anyway, I should be around a bit more with updates on the coffee of the day!

Dean
Old 08-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #120  
Turning Into A New Woman

Welcome back Dean
Closed Thread