Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee and Betsy you are welcome to try, *imagines you driving an RV over the tundra where there is no roads* lol I am okay just trying to get rid of the cough. Or mitigate it I'm on antibiotics the chess xray was inconclusive and so I am on antibiotics, a puffer and have a follow up in a week and a half (2 weeks from original appt).

I probably SHOULD be resting more life doesn't seem to agree.

Wednesday Night I ended up having afew drinks with friends, thats unusual for me.

Thursday I helped deocrate for a dorky "prom" themed social . On friday I got peer pressured into attending said social lol. And was so fabulous that I got named prom queen (so embarassing actually but I tried to be a good sport about it...).

Last night a teeny tiny group of my friends went to my cabin, had a fire, enjoyed some fresh air nothing too exciting. Today it is raining and I am avoiding housework like a BOSS lol. Well I put on the dishwasher that counts as "doing something" right?

I'm doing bits here and there which is more than I can say I've felt like doing for a while but its a sunday so I'm lazy just on principle!

SAM- Wish you lived closer so you could go with ME to the gym! I need someone to look up to who lives close by !
Old 08-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #92  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Im glad I inspire alot of you. My friend and I saw Blended Friday, It stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, It was a really good movie, Im gonna have to buy it when it comes to DVD.

Betsy ~ Thats a good retirement rule to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke 5 something this morning but I fell back sleep and when I woke up again it was 7:30 AM, I slept way too long this morning because when I woke up the 2nd time my back was hurting so I went ahead and got up. I let Clyde outside and gave him fresh food and he has fresh water still. At noon Im gonna do my 2 mile walk using my dvd and then I'll do another 2 miles tonight after 6 or 6:30 so I'll only get 4 miles in today but thats better then 0 so Im still proud of myself.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-17-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #93  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

This morning's photo of the kittens: Nénu on the left, Oscar on the right. It isn't that great of a photo, but it does show off how much Oscar has grown. Nénu is still ahead, but Oscar is keeping pace with her. Not bad for the runt of the litter!

They adore that lightweight washable silk sheet I use to cover myself when taking naps on the couch in the summer. They hide behind and under it, they pounce on toys that are in it; it has a hundred uses. Because it's black and silk, it's warm, especially when the sun is on it. And it's loosely enough woven, if they get tangled in it, they can still breathe through it. But I've watched them with it a lot of times: it's slippery, so no one gets tangled for long.

Oh, while I was writing this, they settled down for a nap, and they looked so cute, I couldn't resist another pic.

I hope y'all are all doing well! =smile=

Last edited by Fiona W; 08-17-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. It's a gorgeous day here -- think the horrible heat has passed and we're back to our wonderful NW summer.

Fi Ah, yes, the joy of getting ready for company. I'm with Ubee in that running smack dab into a deadline propels me to actually get something done. Love your kitten pictures -- especially the one of them napping. Glad that the depression pain is at bay.

Ubee Yes, the stick vacuum is a cordless and the little thing really sucks up all of the little tiny pieces of mulch and the endless supply of dirt that he brings in. My only gripe is that it's a small dust/dirt container, so it has to be emptied a couple of time when I do the whole upstairs. As to the losing weight -- come on, we both know that watching what we eating and getting at least some exercise will make the weight come off. I just have to get the bejubies scared out of me to make it happen sometimes. Glad you have a social life.......Silent worries about us otherwise.

Silent Maybe Ubee and I could make another Vacation movie of our trip up to see you. No roads......we'll have to wait until the ground is frozen. Sounds like a great weekend. Did you get a tiara or a sash to wear for being prom queen? I'm with you -- I would have had to be a good sport as opposed to being happy to be the center of attention. Glad you're taking the antibiotics even if they can't figure out what's wrong.

Shinesgirl Welcome. We're glad to have you and hope that you'll enjoy posting with us.

Terra Sounds like you must need the sleep if you're sleeping through the alarm and falling back asleep. I figure my body will tell me when it's time to get up.

Didn't get the grass cut yesterday so I will do that today. I have a lot of yard work to do in the next week as there won't be time once my BIL has his second hip replacement surgery this year. The weight is still coming off -- down 13 pounds as of this morning. Evidently if one fore goes eating bags of potato chips, bags of Hersey kisses, and pints of ice cream, one will lose weight. It's a miracle! Have a great day!
Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon Everyone!

I am just getting up over here lol...Just sent my friend off and she's on her way back to Wilmington. I had a very nice weekend with her. I did indulge a little but but still watched my portions and didn't over do it. We had some drinks Friday and Saturday night which is not something I normally do anymore but we both wanted to have a little party since we don't really go out anymore. I definitely can't hang like I used to but I'm ok with that. We drank and commemorated the life of our friend Silviu...she met him through me and didn't know him as well as DH and I but it was the perfect send off and show of love and gratitude towards him..It was nice

We did end up getting a chance to go to the beach Saturday afternoon. It was nice, the tide was low and the sun wasn't so brutal but still managed to get some sun bathing in and a walk. I would have liked to walk longer than we did but her back started to hurt her so we only did about 20 minutes of walking...it was still nice none the less.

I weighed in for my 7 month weigh in at 268.4 so I lost 1.2 lbs this week...not too shabby! I was hoping for more but I'm sure the alcohol consumption and little treats I had this weekend caused me to not lose as much but that's ok.

My friend and I have had to change our gym days to Monday and Wednesdays now because our DH's have moved their band practice to Tuesdays. So I think I'm gonna start doing yoga on Tuesdays and on Thursday thru the weekend I'll do HIIT and cardio with DH.

I won't do personals today but hope everyone has a great day!! DH and I are gonna have a much needed rest day
Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

SamIAm - Congrats on that NSV! Very excellent. Your hard work is definitely paying off!

Fiona - Please take care of yourself. *hugs*

Ubee - I absolutely will share my experience with you all. However, if my prattling on about it becomes annoying, feel free to tell me to can it!

Shinesgirl - WELCOME to the forum! Please, tell us more about yourself (when you're ready).

Betsy - WAY TO GO with that loss!

----------------------

This weekend was good and bad. Food-wise, I made horrible decisions, one right after the other. That has GOT to stop. However, I'm just hopping right back on, and continuing onward.

The good thing was that I got out of the house on Saturday, and was able to do some thrift shopping with a friend. With all my illness/chronic pain for the last six months, that is HUGE progress. I did about an hour and half of walking, which is more than I've been able to do in months. I'm definitely sore today, but I think it was good for my body to get moving again. I even picked up a few things in some smaller sizes. The XL shirt looks SO tiny, that I got. Blows my mind to think that by this time next year it might very well fit me!

Can't believe another weekend has come and gone already. Two work weeks, then a nice long weekend over Labor Day! Hope you all had a wonderful one!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #97  

*waving at everyone*
It's so nice to be here & read all your friendly notes - finding yr group is really helping me to stick to "my weight loss dream".

My problem is that I am completely lacking in willpower. : (

I hope everyone has a really nice Monday!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #98  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah your right I must of needed the sleep. Im up early today though, I got up at 2:00 am to talk to my mom before she went to work but I couldnt fall back to sleep so now Im up for the day, I may take a nap before we go shopping at 2:30.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got up at 2:00 am to talk to my mom before she went to work but I couldnt fall back to sleep so now Im up for the day, I may take a nap before we go shopping at 2:30. Im gonna go for my morning walk outside at 7 am and I'll do my 2 mile walk with my dvd at noon and then tonight I'll walk 2 miles again. I gonna do my laundry today before my mom gets home at 2:30 and Im also gonna clean the bathroom.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
Terra I had not heard of Blended but will rent it when it comes out. It looks good. Did you enjoy it?
Shinesgirl I also lack will power but I made a committment to get healthy. I realize coming here every day is going to be a major part of me making it to goal. Mind sharing what your plan is?
Kayley we are going to fall down along the way. The thing is getting back up like you did. Also the more we learn to quickly jump back up the fewer times we will fall. Do you know what caused the slip up this weekend? I hope you've taken all different angles of before photos even if they are just for yourself.
Sam 70+ pounds in seven months! I am so proud of you!
Betsy let me know if your vacuum stands the test of time. Mine always start out good and then poof they are a dust distributer. You know sometimes I just need someone to tell it like it is. Just keep it simple and lose the weight. Guess it makes me realize the ball is in my court. Time to put my big girl pants on and do what needs to be done.
Fi I feel like I am your kitties grandma I am so thrilled about them. The napping pictures make me want to kiss the little pads on their feet. I am so happy for you and Bob!
Silent I was raised on a farm so I have no trouble driving off road. Whatever it takes to get you healthy! I am thinking the antibiotics are helping because your social life is picking up. Please do tell us about your prom dress. I hope it had ruffles!
Angie, Jane, Sugar... time to check in with an update!
School starts in 2 weeks. I will get my routine back.
Yesterday at the ball game I had whatever I wanted to eat. It was strange because I just stopped. I didn't want any more. I really think it is my destiny to be trim.
So glad to have all of you here.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #100  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

check in as requested. ..; )

still alive and kicking...
just have to finish work for today and then I'll hopefully have a chance not only to read you all...which I manage most days...but to also write

feel hugged dear ones...
Old 08-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #101  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yes I did enjoy the movie
Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Another beautiful day here. Of course, that does mean that I have absolutely no excuse to not work in the yard since it's also in the 70s. Wait, maybe I don't have enough sunscreen!

Sam Sounds like a great weekend and you still managed to lose for the week. My feeling is that we have to develop eating plans that do allow for the occasional "forbidden" items. For instance, I am never giving up chocolate cake for my birthday. But, that doesn't mean I need to have it every day. Hope you and DH enjoyed your day of rest.

kayley We absolutely want to hear about your operation and the good, bad, and ugly parts. I think our sharing our ups and downs with each other help all of us to make more informed decisions. Great news on the shopping and being able to go for such a long period of time.

Shinesgirl Wish I could tell you that lack of will power is never an issue for me, but Ubee would end up spending the day rolling on the floor laughing if I did that. Things that have helped: getting off of sugar and carbs for 3-4 days helps to dramatically decrease the cravings; finding substitutes that are healthy eating (for example, fruit when I'm craving a sweet or hard cheese when I want salt); stopping and asking myself if I'm actually hungry. I imagine that all of us have developed or are working on tricks to help with strengthening our will power.

Terra Funny how our bodies work, isn't it. I've had days where I'll wake up early, but then I do tend to crash about 8 at night. Hope you end up being able to take a nap.

Ubee How long is the test of time -- 2-3 years or a couple of decades. If it lasts five years, I'll be happy. Less than that, I won't be. The reviews for it have been good. Anything that gets me to willingly do housework isn't all bad. Glad you had fun at the game and I'm finding that sometimes when I give myself permission to have what I want, I don't really want it. Of course, other times I resemble a hoard of locusts decimating the chocolate aisle. Maybe we should each get a pair of pants that are too small but that we can get on and wear those to remind us to stay on plan!

Sugar Hi there. Glad to see you posting and look forward to an update.

Down another 1.5 pounds this morning although a whole lot of this weight loss has been water weight coming off slowly. Guess when you gain 20 pounds in a month, that's to be expected. I just finished roasting a big pan of veggies that I'll eat for the next few days -- carrots, beets, onions, zuchinni, and eggplant out of my garden. The green beans are beginning to come in and if I can beat Toby to them, the tomatoes are coming in. The dog evidently loves tomatoes plus the little (ok, big) stinker can tell which ones are ripe and picks those. Going to start my hour of cleaning and then off to the gym. Finally got the grass cut yesterday and am going to be doing a lot of weeding this week in my yard. Have a great day!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #103  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Hello everyone. I've been a bit MIA for a few days, I have been busy. The good news is I did not fall off the wagon and at weigh in at WW on Saturday I lost 6.2 lbs. I was happy after only 1.2 the week before.

Just wanted to give a quick update I will talk to you all soon.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #104  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the sweet comments on the kitty pics. And thanks especially, Kayley, for encouraging me to take care of myself. I wish I had done a better job of heeding your words. The fact of it is, I'm not doing very well. Starting on Saturday, trying to deal with the piles of clothes on the guest room bed—specifically, trying to sort them into different categories—drove me straight into depression pain.

That's what the BERP was all about: making decisions about what categories things belong in, what containers they go in (trash, recycle, donation to charity, keep—if so, where?). Some of y'all may remember that I calculated I was making some 200 decisions an hour. Even if I was only making 50 decisions an hour, the thing of it is, that went on for 17 weeks, about 40 hours a week. My ability to make those kinds of decisions is, for the time being, broken. No afternoon nap, no taking a day off, will repair it. It's going to be months before I can get back to being able to sort things, anything at all.

So trying to work on the clothes in the guest bedroom was like forcing a machine to keep going when it's run out of oil: you destroy the machine by doing that. I pushed myself right into depression. It was off and on for a couple of days, but last night I finally crashed hard. I was hurting so bad over working on the guest bedroom that Bob had to intervene and stop me. He says he will take over: he will put all those clothes into large clear plastic bags and put them under the bed. He will help finish getting the house ready for Mary's visit. After he told me that, I still got up and cleaned the downstairs powder room, toilet and all. That was the last straw: I fell into severe pain and could do nothing but lie on the couch and moan.

And I'm still hurting bad today. Man oh man, I've got to be really careful today and tomorrow, or I will be deep in depression pain when Mary arrives on Wednesday. I have to take my Geodon and barely make a move. And I'm due for an afternoon & evening with Grace tomorrow. I've made plans for teaching her a new collage technique. Those plans may have to be cancelled. Worst-case scenario: if I'm still feeling this bad tomorrow when it's time to pick up Grace, she can just come over and spend the time playing with, and observing, the kittens. As a future vet, she needs to learn a whole lot about cats. She'll love getting to do that; it won't be a problem.

Now I gotta stop writing. I need another dose of Geodon. I need to not move a muscle and try to stop worrying, maybe meditate if I can.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey all checking in...

This is a quick one because I'm about to lay down for the night....

Had a nice work out tonight with Suzanne...I pushed it hard and I'm glad I did because we had to cut it short because of the power going out at her house and her DH was freaking out because he was alone with the baby lol...men.

Made an awesome frittata tonight for dinner! It had ham, onion, mushroom, green beans, garlic, tomato and some cheese. I topped it with salsa and a dab of sour cream. It was so good I'm excited to have it for lunch tomorrow...

I'm off for tonight. I'll do personals tomorrow. I'm trying to start going to bed at the same time every night and cut all my media devices off an hour before bed. Hopefully I'll become a better morning person and have a better sleep schedule.

Good night!
Closed Thread