Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #61  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ No, I only got in one 2 mile walks yesterday but I still think thats better then not walking at all

Ubee ~ Yesterday I took a shower around 11 am and then around noon My cousin came by and we went to lunch and I also got in a 2 mile walk last night, I'll try harder to get my 5 mile walks in each day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up since 8:00 AM, I've done all of my morning duties today. I've also already ate breakfast. After I finish watching my shows, I do my 2 mile walk and then I'll do a 1 mile walk at noon and then I'll do 2 mile walk again this evening and that will total 5 miles today. I hope we go shopping today instead of tomorrow but I doubt we will but anyway my only plans for today is to get my walks in and thats it.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone just checking in real quick, no personals today. Lost 1.2 lbs this week. Would have hoped for more but I'm not 100% back to working out my full 5 days a week so I'm not going to complain. DH and I didn't get any walks in this weekend because of rain. We have been running around town though for things we need. I just had a late lunch and am going to start working on cleaning our bedroom while DH puts some finishing touches on a friend's guitar. He has his first show tonight with the new band. I'm excited but hope I'm not out too late since I have work tomorrow.

Well I'm off....hope everyone has a great evening
Old 08-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #63  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Ugh... I have to admit there's one "fly in the ointment" of my current happiness: the kittens still (or rather again) have that pesky cold they had a few weeks ago. My breeder treated it (after taking them to her vet) with an antibiotic, and it cleared up nicely, suggesting it was probably due to bacteria, not a virus. The first night we got them home we heard them sneeze a few times, and by the following day it was clear they had nasal congestion. Since my breeder had sent us home, just in case, with a newly prepared bottle of that same antibiotic and instructions on how to use it, I started giving it to them. I have been doing so, twice a day, all week. At first the sneezing and congestion went away, but by Friday, it was back again.

I hope it's just that the antibiotic is no longer any good, since my breeder said it would only last for about 10 days. She didn't tell me whether to refrigerate it, so maybe it's my fault, 'cause I have not been keeping it in the fridge.

So anyway, I have to take them to the vet tomorrow. Bob is at the farm with his mom, so I'm alone here, worrying about this infection my little ones have. Isn't it annoying when everything's going really well, but there's this one thing wrong, and it just bugs you like nobody's business? =big sigh=
Old 08-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #64  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Hello ladies. Just a quick post today. I weighed in at WW yesterday had a 1.2 loss. While that is better than a gain I was expecting at least 2 pounds gone. My goal is to give up soda for a least 10 weeks and see how much that helps. (10 weeks because as of 10 weeks today I have not had Starbucks. I was drinking it 5 days a week). I'm sure that will help a lot with my weight loss. Walked 6.5 miles today and forgot sun screen, so I am a little pink. Eek!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Checking in. Back to chatting tomorrow.
Having a great day! Got my nap in and lunch out with hubby.
So not on plan yet so wonderful.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

The boss is out of work not feeling good today so I actually have some time to sit and enjoy my breakfast and post to you guys I've got a bowl of gluten free oatmeal with chia and peaches in it this morning with a cup of coffee.

I didn't get home until after 1 am this morning from DH's show, probably didn't get to bed until after 2 am and slept over this morning and ended up late to work lol...Surprisingly enough I don't feel extremely tired...Don't ask me why but I'm just going to roll with it. Hopefully this afternoon doesn't tell a different story. I'm hoping to go on a walk with DH tonight after work since he won't have his usual Monday night band practice but not sure how the weather is going to be...They're calling for rain today and tomorrow. Either way this is the week I really buckle down and try to stay completely on plan and work out my 5 days like usual...I've been a little lax with the eating...not eating the best or the worst so it's back to eating the best for me...

I hope everyone has a great day and will hopefully get to post again tonight, if not will be tomorrow
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #67  

Good Morning!
I am in quite the good mood today. Yesterday was so relaxing and I really needed it. This week will be crazy with a trip up north so I may not post as much. I will be thinking of all of you so I can stay somewhat on plan. My husband is busy checking out places to eat that will be on plan. I'll even be going swimming so will get some exercise too.
Sam glad to hear you are going to get right back at it. You are in the "Danger Zone" as I like to call it. It is where you lose a big chunk and then life happens and you decide to pull back on your intensity and the next thing you know it is a year later and you are bouncing around with the same 10 pounds from a year ago. You can do this!
Millie nice loss! Good job on the 6.5 miles! Giving up soda should be a huge help. Another member, Cherrypie lost a lot of weight by giving up soda and she is now maintaining a loss of around 200 pounds. (Sorry going by memory and it isn't what it used to be.)
Fi sorry the kitties are not well. What did the vet say?
Terra when you say you are watching your shows are they soap operas?
Betsy I chose your middle finger for a reason! I feel like I am not out there enough on your index. PLEASE consider getting a tattoo of a crazy lady with bad hair on your middle finger. I swear it will help you lose weight. I mean you've lost 8 pounds that is great! Every time you are putting something in your mouth I am on that finger JUDGING! No, you are not allowed to say mean things to me I am sensitive.
Kayley your post reminded me to get back to taking my vitamins. Thank you! Yes, it is just a delay and it will give you more time to practice eating healthy because there is no turning back after surgery or joining this group.
Miss everyone else!
Have a peaceful day!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. We're expecting a scorcher here today -- by anyone's standards -- as it's supposed to hit 99. So, I will definitely be getting everything done this morning and then sit on the porch with my feet in the kiddie pool this afternoon. Filled it so Toby would have a place to cool off.

Terra I totally agree. Getting a 2 mile walk in is way better than not doing anything at all. Good for you for getting out there and doing that.

Sam 1.2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. Hope you get through the day without feeling the need for a nap and can get in the walk with DH.

Fi So sorry that the babies have a cold -- hope the vet visit provides a lasting remedy. And, yes, I know exactly what you mean about things like this getting under your skin when everything else is going so well. Doesn't seem like they actually bother us more than if we were having one catastrophic day after another? In the meantime, doctor your babies, and enjoy a little down time while Bob is at the farm.

Millie Good for you on loss! Giving up Starbucks and soda will definitely show results, albeit maybe not as fast as you might expect. Add it in with calorie reduction with other food, and you'll probably see some bigger results. I'm impressed that you've given up Starbucks and soda -- breaking these habits is hard to do and you need to give yourself a lot of credit for that!

My BIL took me out to dinner last night for taking him to the airport and picking him up, so I had more than I had planned. So far, I've gotten 8 of the 36 pounds off to get back to my low point since starting in January 2013. Still really irritated with myself for letting that happen -- and am amazed that it happened so quickly. I literally gained 30 of the 36 pounds in less than a month. The breathing issues are some better and I feel as though I have more energy, but still can tell a difference in how I feel. Hopefully I learn from this -- the only person who can make me healthy is me! Back to the hour of housework for the day, off to the gym, and then hopefully pick up the RV. Have a great day.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #69  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

Ubee Thank you very much. I agree I think it will help. While I would count my daily soda in my daily cals, its till a lot of sugar with no value.

Betsy Thank you very much as well. So far starbucks was much less stressful than soda. I think with starbucks I kept telling myself how much $$ I was saving. Plus with starbuks I had to make a trip to get it, soda is in the vending machine at work. But still no soda since 8/7.

Sam I just have to say that you picture from Jan '14 to July '14 is amazing.

Do you ladies find a healthy food you like and then eat it until you can't stand it? I do. I find a meal I like that's is healthy and then eat it everyday for a month, then one day the thought of eating it sound bad. I try mixing it up but for planning and cost saving I just always find myself picking the same things. anyone else?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Betsy - That is absolutely the right attitude to have! A gain is always awful, but you aren't back to 396, and that's a wonderful thing.

Fiona - How are the babies doing today?

Hope everyone is having a wonderfully on plan day today!

-----------------------

My OBGYN is out of the office until Thursday (isn't it always when you need your doctor the most, they are out?), but hopefully she'll have some idea of how to stop this dang bleeding. You think that when they do my gastric bypass they can just remove my uterus, too? I mean...it's not like hubby & I are having kids or anything! lol

I had a bad moment today, and ate two cupcakes. I really need to learn to control my emotional eating. I start going to a local weight loss surgery support group at the end of the month, so hopefully they'll have some helpful information/tips about that. What do you ladies do to curb emotional eating?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #71  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

How well these kittens handle being in the car! I can't believe how they just cuddle up together in their traveling crate and don't cry at all. I'm really delighted, because it means taking them to the farm will be a piece of cake. It's so different from our previous pair, who were flat-out terrified of traveling and just impossible to take anywhere.

That's the good news re. the trip to the vet. The bad news is that in addition to having colds, for which they'll continue to need antibiotics, they also both have ear infections. What ugly black gunk came out of their ears—yuk! So I'll be giving them drops for that. My breeder promised to pay for any vet bills from problems they had when we got them. I hope she'll come through on that, 'cause with DC-area prices, it was an expensive visit.

Meanwhile, the kittens are acting like there isn't a thing wrong with them. They eat very well, and both gained weight in the past week. They are super enthusiastic about running everywhere and playing with their toys, and were very affectionate with me all weekend. It continues to be a wonder that they are such good friends: they always want to do things together, whether it's playing or eating or cuddling up to me or taking a nap.

And they're so funny about music! Last night I finally found time to sit down and watch the 2014 Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. Their response to the music coming out of the speakers in the den was to turn into complete maniacs—climbing and climbing at high speed, from one level to the next of the many opportunities for mountaineering available in that room. They say oriental shorthairs are such exuberant climbers and jumpers, they reach the ceiling within their first year of life: this pair may achieve that feat within six months.

The most hilarious part was their reaction to my singing along with some of the songs I know so well. They both stopped in their tracks and stared at me in shock when I began singing, then they scurried up my chair and my body, all the way to my mouth. The two of them took up positions on either side, pressing their fuzzy lips against mine as if to find out in that way what in the heck I was doing. In no time at all I was laughing so hard, I couldn't sing anymore. And they repeated the same behavior every time another song came along that I wanted to sing aloud. What a hoot!

I know I'm not writing to any of you individually very much, but please know I'm cheering with gusto for your weight loss achievements and remarkable feats of walking. Wow—two miles here, six miles there, you really make me want to put on my walking shoes and join the parade. But not tomorrow: Grace is coming over again, and we have to try to ignore the kittens and finish a collage we're making together for Bob's mom's (Grace's great-grandmother's) 90th birthday party, which is coming up soon. And I have to bounce back from my post-BERP laziness and do something about the guest room, which is a zoo, because my best friend Mary arrives on the 20th for our annual 5-day horror movie festival. Lots of work =whew= and goofy kittens eager to be a part of every single thing I do...
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #72  

Good Morning!
Rainy cool day today and I'm loving it!
Remember Susan Powter? She used to say "Stop the insanity!" That is what I feel like cheering to myself today. This relationship I have with food is insane. It is to nourish me, not treat me, pacify me, entertain me, comfort me,... Going to work on having more balance in all aspects of my life.
Fi I love your posts. Your life seems to be headed into a very positive place.
Kayley good luck with your uterus. I had mine yanked out this year and I am so happy about it. Please feel free to share what you feel comfortable with from counseling. Others stories help me so much.
Millie I so find that I can eat the same thing over and over again. Sadly I seldom get sick of foods. I just change with the seasons and cost of foods.
Betsy we cross posted. Please go back and read my post to you.
I will be going on a little vacation "up north" so I may not post for a few days but I will be reading and thinking of you.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Woke up extra early today, but that's good because I've got a lot to do!

Millie Chuckled over your post about finding a food you like and eating it so often that you can't stand it any more. Yes, I do that, too. I could fix something different every day for a year if I used my "old" recipes which seem to mainly be high in calories and carbs. But I definitely need to work on learning some new recipes. You're definitely not alone. And I totally understand about Starbucks and the saving $$. One thing you could do is fix special flavored coffees for yourself at home -- much cheaper and you know what's going into them.

Kayley If we ever find the secret to stopping emotional eating, we could become instant millionaires! It's hard to do. I've been trying to do substitutions when I get into an emotional mindset -- for instance substituting a piece of fruit when I want something sweet. Have a piece of cheese when I want something salty (some of them are amazingly salty tasting). Eating frozen blueberries or making up some banana "ice cream" when I want something cold. It's definitely not at 100% yet, but it's slowly getting there.

Fi Hope your babies are doing a lot better by the beginning of next week. Just glad that they don't seem to be suffering from it. Love your description of playing with them and watching them -- so much joy comes through in your post.

Ubee Oh, Ubee, only you would suggest getting a tattoo on my middle finger. Of course, now every time I look at my hand, I think of you. It's going to have to be a virtual tattoo because I've got enough "natural" ink on me -- stretch marks, age spots, both legs are discolored, etc. Hope you have a great time "up north" (I'm so envious!) and kudos to your hubbie for finding restaurants that will help you along. You can do this!

The RV is finally ready to be picked up, so that will happen this afternoon. I'm headed into day 2 of actually spending an hour on housework in the morning. Don't enjoy it, but do like having things look better on a consistent basis. I figure 4 days a week will get the house cleaned every week without a whole lot of extra effort. Eating this time of year is just wonderful with all the fresh fruits and veggies -- Just have to remember that they're good with just some seasoning and don't have to be drowned in cheeses, sauces, or fried. Time to get to work, then to the gym, home for a shower, and then off to get the RV. Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #74  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Nope I dont watch soaps

Betsy ~ Yeah I think its better to walk 1 time back and fourth instead of not walking at all but I'll work up to 30 mins of walking outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:30 this morning and I got ready for the day and then around 8:00 am, Mom,Scott and I left to go to his appt. and then after his appt. we went to pick up my mom's meds and then we went to cd trade post and then we went to Walmart cause we forgot some things when we were there yesterday and then we came home and now we are home for the day. I just plan to get at least 1 of my 2 mile walks done today and then I'll go for 5 miles on Friday.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey sorry guys I'm alive just still not really feeling the vibe, I feel the pressure but still don't have the energy. Still coughing and still feel tired most of the time so despite pushing myself to have some semblance of a life I really am just going through the motions.

I have a appointment today so maybe they'll say its something, maybe they'll tell me i'm crazy and its nothing. I'm back to trying to make some-what smarter choices eating (still not SMART choices but smartER lol) hoping tha helps some, I don't feel like doing intense exercise though, not with the coughing fits and ongoing congestion.

Ubee - Hope you have a great trip

Fi 0 Cute kittien stories!

Betsy - I am jealous of access to farm fresh veggies!

Everyone... wishing you the best. Sorry I'm not "around" much ya'll are doing fabulously.
Closed Thread