Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #151  

*waving hi to Betsy as she passes in a blur*

Tonite I weighed myself & have lost a pound! : )

Last edited by shinesgirl; 08-30-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:55 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Morning, all...

Little "donut shop" coffee this morning, with a touch of cream and some hazelnut syrup(tiny bit-sugar free)... Mmmm...

Hoping for a peaceful day in the office-we'll see, LOL.

Have a great day,

Dean
Old 08-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #153  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Shinesgirl ~ Yeah I listen to music when Im walking to my dvd and when I'm walking outside and Yes its always the same route because I'm afraid of getting lost if I walk anywhere else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 6 am, I heard the alarm clock this morning so that was good. Im really for school already, I wait for my bus at 7:20 this morning. Its almost 7:00 am now. I have cooking class today, We're having build your own salads, so Im excited for cooking class today, I LOVE salads. After cooking class Im just gonna read until 3:30 pm which is when I go home, I usually have peer support after cooking class but its been cancelled for today.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Shinesgirl what a lovely day and losing a pound is just icing on the cake.
Terra I too love salads. Please share with us any interesting toppings you put on. Today my salad will have toasted almonds, craisins, goats cheese, and hot bacon with baslamic vinegar. I would like to add chicken but am out at the momment.
Dean trouble in the office? Might need a little more coffee to deal with it.
Betsy thanks for stopping by and giving us the update on Bill. You two are lucky to have eachother. I'm sure your sister is very happy looking down on the two of you. I am the queen of putting on those stockings, if I must say so myself. I've had a lot of practice with loved ones, friends, heck even relatives of friends have called for me to help. These big old "man hands" are good for something. Funny thing is I got them from my mom and I loved her hands.
I jumped on the scale today since I feel less bloated. Must be broken because I stayed the same and had not dropped those 20 pounds I was so sure of.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #155  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Well my favorite salad to make at home is a Seafood Salad but today at school we're having just a normal salad with cucumbers,tomatoes,cubed ham,cheese,Sliced Raddishes and ranch & ltalian dressings.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been a bad weight loss buddy and haven't been posting like I usually do...I have read to get caught up so and I'm on the computer where it will be easier for me to take the time to type out personals today *smile*

Dean Glad to hear that things are slowly getting better. Great to hear about the doggies too ...I've missed your "Couffy Taulk" (insert Mike Myers, SNL skit voice here)

Shine Great new to hear about your pound loss...Keep it up girly!!

Fi SO HAPPY to hear your visit with Mary went well and you had a great time!! I love Game of Thrones too but I haven't seen much of it...I'm only on the second season since I don't watch tv too much these days lol....Sorry to hear about you and the kitties! I hope you 3 are all better soon!!

Betsy Glad to hear Bill is doing well...You are such an awesome SIL to help take care of him....Makes me so happy...You truly are such a sweet person and would feel so greatful if I ever got to meet you outside the interwebs.

Ubee I'm here!!! Sorry I have been slacking with the posts...I've been keeping myself very busy in the gym on the daily ...Couldn't believe about the size 18s! They are snug but they fit and that's all that matters!

Terra Awesome job on working up to the 4 miles a day! You go girl!!!

I hope I'm not forgetting anybody....I sure do miss Larry and hope he and his wife are doing ok...It's been awhile since we've heard from him too.

Well this week I finally took the plunge and signed up for the gym where my friend goes....It's made things way more easier on my end because if she doesn't feel like going, or can't I just go alone, like I did today. I've been taking advantage of the red light therapy bed and the hydro massage bed they have there too....Felt good after today's work out...I am trying to push real hard when I go to the gym so I usually end up leaving pouring sweat so I guess that's a good sign...

I'm back eating 100% on plan...Not that I ever really fell off but some of my choices weren't as strict as I've been in the past...I am hoping for a nice loss either in weight or inches this week.

Another friend of mine has come back home from PA after being up there for several months. I was supposed to go meet him for coffee last night so I skipped the gym and took yesterday as a rest day...Time got the best of him and we ended up just taking a rain check to this weekend. I haven't seen him since the very very beginning of my journey so I'm really interested in seeing his reaction when he sees me this weekend...

Speaking of weekends, almost the whole month of September I will be busy on the weekends with something or another...I get out of work at 12 tomorrow so I'll definitely enjoy the rest time before going to the gym with my friend....I have to go meet a gay couple I'm doing their makeup for their wedding in October on Sunday to do they're trial run...Anytime I get to play with makeup I get really excited so I hope everything goes over well. Next Sunday I have to go to my SIL baby shower and the Sunday after that, DH and I have a wedding to go to...I don't even have a nice fancy dress that fits anymore so I'm going to have to go shopping....With the very limited choices at Goodwill, I doubt I'll be able to find anything in their dress department that wasn't straight out of 1983 so I'm going to try and buy something new. I went and tried on some dresses at Target last night that were simple but dressy enough to wear to a wedding...I'm able to get into their misses XXL size I think I found the dress I want, it's a simple black capped sleeved dress that hits right above the knee...They have one in burgandy too so I don't know which one to get...Burgandy would be nice in the fall too....

I'll try to make a point to post again before the weekend is out....I really need to get back to posting every day, even if it's just a hello...I really miss posting here so frequently and it does help keep me accountable...

It's getting late, and time for me to turn off my devices and try to go to sleep in about 10 minutes, so I'm gonna call it....

Hope everyone is doing well, night!!
Old 08-29-2014, 01:45 AM   #157  

VWDeano - *snap* I had hazelnut coffee today too, but adding yr syrup sounds like it wld be nicer than my reg. flavored kind.

SamIAm - That burgundy dress sounds so pretty, & you're right that it wld be good in the Fall right thru Christmas. Woo hoo on the size 18!!!!

Terra - Seafood salad sounds like it wld be delicious - what all goes in it?

Ubee - I bet those pesky pounds start shifting themselves next time! (& yr salad sounded really nice - in fact I think I'm slightly drooling, lol.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #158  
Turning Into A New Woman

shinesgirl ~ I just get a bag of salad mix and then add Shrimp and Crab and toss it together with Remoulade dressing, It is very good and a squeeze of lemon, You cant forget the lemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up since 4 A.M. and now its 7 A.M. and Im wide awake now. Im about to go on my morning walk. Just got back from my morning walk, Its 7:25 am right now though. I need to do my afternoon and evening work out to my dvd and I also need to do the dishes sometime today as well. Those are all of my plans for today.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-29-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Morning, all!

Gorgeous day here in East TN... Doggies were "peppy" this morning, needed several rubs before I got out the door. Didn't have the energy to brew coffee this morning, so picked up McDonalds coffee on the way in (restrained from the food-although I LOOOOVE the smell of bacon in the morning).

Have a great holiday weekend-see you on tuesday!

Dean
Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #160  

Good Morning!
Dean see you in September.
Shinesgirl what is new with YOU?
Terra how do you make your remoulade dressing?
Sam I am glad you have a lot of positive things going on in your life. Thanks for popping in I was getting worried.
So I am doing well sticking to my no sugar, no gluten, drinking my water, exercising and taking my vitamins ... HOWEVER, my portion control leaves a lot to be desired. I will start on that on Tuesday.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Hi all. Just a short note as we just got a call that they had a cancellation at PT and can take Bill this morning. He'll be exhausted tonight after PT in the morning and has to go to the doctor this afternoon to get INR testing done for the coumadin.

I swear I posted yesterday morning, but don't see it. So sorry I don't have time for individuals right now (I actually hear Bill up and walking about which he's not supposed to do unless I'm behind him.....). The good news is that I am finding that if you're up and very active all day it will help with losing weight.

Miss chatting with all of you individually, but really appreciate the waves and good wishes and support -- both with the diet and with Bill. Have a great day.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #162  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Im gonna try to find it at Walmart next Wed. but if I cant find it then Im gonna look up a recipe for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been up since 7 A.M. which has only been for 30 mins. Anyway I didnt set my alarm so I didnt wake up earlier enough to get woken up before going for my walk. Oh well I'll be sure to work out to my dvd at 9 am and then I'll work out again at noon and then again at 6 or 6:30 tonight. I also need to fold my clothes and put them in my dressers. I have a bad habit of just leaving my clean clothes in the basket after Scott brings them up from downstairs which is where the laundry room is and they sometimes get wrinkled so I really need to start folding them and putting them away as soon as Scott brings them up.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #163  

Good Morning!
Terra one way you could avoid those wrinkly clothes is to have Scott fold them as soon as he pulls them out of the dryer.
Betsy thanks for dropping by. Does Becky get to visit Toby while Bill is recovering? Just feel the need to send you this today. I somehow feel that is our mascot.
I have been busy reading the blog 300 pounds down. http://www.300poundsdown.com/2013/06...over-food.html I can relate to her sugar addiction.
Have a peaceful day!

Last edited by Ubee; 08-30-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey everyone.... I know it's been a while, but I had a pretty hectic summer.

I am now back in Egypt and trying to get mentally prepared for a new school year.

Weight loss is now back in focus for me, and I am heading on vacation in 31 days! (A Greek Isles cruise with a friend of mine).

I hope you all had a good summer.

Looking forward to catching up with you all
Old 08-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #165  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh darn, I wrote a long posting and then lost it by punching the wrong button. I'm feeling kind of crappy anyway—depression pain lurking around the edges. Mary's visit was great, but the stress took a toll on my always fragile mood state. The next few days I'm taking some serious down time.

I don't feel up to retyping the whole thing, but I won't deprive y'all =smile= of new kitten pictures. These were taken yesterday in a sequence as they were settling down for a nap. Oscar starts out on the left, then at the top, then on the right; and vice versa for Nénu. Oscar is often hyper-alert, his almond-shaped eyes going all round with vigilance. Then you'll see him washing himself and poking Nénu. Then they both finally tuck in for a snooze. In order the photos are one two three four five. I like the last one because it shows off how long Nénu's hind legs are. Oriental shorthairs are different from "regular" cats in that their back legs are longer than their front legs.

I hope y'all are all well and happy today, or at least as happy as possible. Melissa, it's wonderful to see you back with us!

Last edited by Fiona W; 08-30-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Closed Thread