Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Chat Thread: July, 2014

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #2  

Happy July!
I am here because of all of you! I wanted to quit so bad but I could not stand the thought of missing all of you.
I am doing much better. All the while I thought of quitting the universe kept showing me how far I have come. There was a mild safety situation with my daughter and I had to move and get in and hold a position I would never had been able to do at 300+. This morning I realized that I was tying my shoe in a straight back chair completely bent forward at the waist and not turned to the side. This and a few other things reminded me it is more about the NSV then the scale.
Thank you all for your friendship! You have saved the day!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #3  

Time to catach up.
Fi your time at the farm sounds lovely. I hope both you and Bob have the best time!
Terra glad to see you are still at it. Do you still help out at the school during summer?
Sam did you get drugs for your UTI? I am such a wimp. I am so happy that you and hubby are having such a good/busy summer. Bison burgers are so yummy. Did you notice I missed a day after my lecture to you?
Betsy geez is Mr. No Sparks moving in? I hope you check in more often I want details of his visit.
Melisa looking forward to hearing more from you this summer.
Silent how are you?

Last edited by Ubee; 07-01-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #4  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

miss you all very much...

totally out of time for anything that's important to me...

promised myself to take better care in july...so here I am..
Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah, I am definitely still at it. I dont help out at the school I go too or what I call school, I go there for meetings and one class which is a cooking class.

Im looking forward to going on my evening walk tonight. I didnt get my morning walk in today but I will be sure to go for my morning walk tomorrow morning and go for my evening walk tomorrow night.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #6  

Sugar good to see you!
Congrats on getting below 300!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee My grand gave me some meds earlier in the year for DH when he was sick so I took some and they helped. Yes I noticed and that's what made me worry a bit. I can't lose you!!

Sugar Miss you!! Please don take a little more time for yourself this month. You really don't notice how much a difference it makes until you do it. Trust me, I had a hard time learning to take time for me too. Glad you're posting again

This is just a quick check in. DH and I just got back from a long walk...I'm pouring with sweat, tired and hungry. I had a good day with him and decided this is our thing. I don't think it would be has fun or challenging if some of our friends who have started to show some interest came with us and brought their almost 9 month old baby *sigh*

Well I hope everyone had a great day and stayed OP!! I gotta say I miss our guys Larry, Dean and don't forget about Chris. Been awhile since we've heard from them I hope everything is going ok with them. I've been thinking avout Larry especially lately and hope he's alright...

Good night loves
Old 07-02-2014, 05:42 AM   #8  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Just checking in. We haven't left for the farm yet because I've been struggling with bad depression pain. Maybe today will be a better day.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #9  

Good Morning!
Fi I hope you are feeling better and off to the farm!
Sam support from others is good. I do think it is great marriage time though to just work on it with hubby. The more people the more complicated. Keep it simple. Glad your UTI is better.
Terra sorry we cross posted yesterday. What kinds of foods do you make in cooking class?

I too miss the gang. The guys and I worry so about Jane. She was going through a really tough time.
I am having some trouble kicking the sugar monster to the curb. Today I reminded myself it is about commitment not motivation. I am going to work on visualizing how I want my life to be as we ttransition into our next phase. I can tell you it will be healthier.
MAJOR NSV! my husband had a triple bypass 4 years ago. He was trying to have the widow maker. They got to him in time so no heart damage. He started eating Grain Brain with me and for the first time his blood tests came back stellar! Brought me to tears!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #10  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe it! I woke up this morning, did some art-related stuff, and not a trace of depression reared its ugly head. So all I need to do is pack, and get Bob out the door, and we will have a little vacation at the farm.

Getting Bob out the door will be the tricky part...

Ubee— Thanks for the words of support: they always help! Sorry to hear you're struggling with the sugar monster. (Should I be a nag about using the slow-breathing technique, or would you prefer that I just shut up about it?) You are absolutely right that the key thing is an ongoing commitment—to yourself and to your family. That's super news about about your husband's blood tests!

Sam— Way to go on walking with your sweetheart! I wish I could get mine to do that, but we have a problem in that my legs are so much shorter than his, and when he walks, he has a heck of a time with leaving me behind, even when I'm out of breath. =sigh= But the farm will be good for him: he always gets out and mows the trails, etc., which is excellent exercise for him. I miss the guys on our thread, too! And I'm worried about Larry: I hope he knows we're thinking about him.

Sugar— Welcome to the July thread! I hope that soon you'll tell us about what's up with you...

Assuming I do get Bob to go the farm with me, I won't be around for several days, so have a wonderful and on-plan Fourth of July, you guys!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #11  

Good Morning!
I'm feeling good today since I reminded myself this is a commitment.
We don't have any big plans for this weekend except for I will be having a rare short visit from one of my best friends.
Stay safe everyone!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ We make just regular foods, Last week we made beef and chicken enchilada's. I know how to cook but I still like going to cooking class

I walked this morning and I'll walk again tonight before it gets dark
Old 07-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #13  

Happy 4th!
Terra cooking classes are even more fun when you know how to cook! Good for you! How is the walking going? Will Clyde be near fireworks tonight? I hope not because I know doggies hate them.
Food has not been the best or the worst so I'm hanging in there.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #14  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies,
I cannot believe how much time I let slip by without coming here. It has been a really rough 4 months. I was finally back on track back in March then my sister and her husband had a really bad motorcycle accident and I had to drive to OK so help take care of them. It has been a rough road since. I'm back home now and ready to begin. I'm so lost right now. I don't know how to get a hold of this. I hurt so bad all the time. My joints, my back, everything. I've been trying to excersise but I can't stand the pain after. I'm definitely not just sitting around my house I try and keep busy, but man it's hard. I'm starting to feel so yucky.
I'm trying to simplify things and just count my calories again. It's what has always worked for me. The only thing different now is that I'm going to be doing a slim fast shake made into a smoothie with some fruit for breakfast.

Thanks for listening guys. I really need support right now. I wish this wasn't my battle. I know everyone has a battle and I should be thankful that this is all I have right now (health wise) but I can't seem to control it.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy 4th to all of the americans in this thread!! Anyone have any big plans today??

DH and I are getting ready to throw our boots on and go hiking in the woods. Last night I worked out my arms for over an hour!! On top of that I went walking with DH in the rain afterwards...I was pooped and forgot to post, sowwie!!

We don't have any big plans today. Just going to get out in nature. We aren't big fans of going and watching fireworks so we'll probably just hang out at home tonight. Tomorrow we are going to finally treat ourselves and cook bison burgers at the state park tomorrow. I've never had bison before but I've heard how healthy it is for you and it will be nice to have a burger. I will either eat it with lettuce for my bun or try and find some sprouted grain buns. Then we're going to soak up the sun and will more than likely go hiking on the trails and get some walking on the beach in too. It's nice that I'm getting a 3 day weekend this week and I got off at 12 yesterday so I was able to get my errands done early.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!! I'll try to post tomorrow early and will make sure to post my Sunday weigh in results. Hoping for a good loss this week!!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 07-04-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Closed Thread