Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Tiffany!
We are a group that like to chat with one another about our lives and even weight loss once in a while. We have all been 300+ pounds or close to it.
Please feel free to join us! You can share as much or as little about yourself as you please. We do try to support one another but not enable negative ways. Hope you join us.
Anyone else want to give more details?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #152  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah now that I think about it 85 is still pretty hot but its not nearly as bad as 100. Yeah the other forums I visit have a weight loss section but they arent all about weight loss like this one is, I know there is a general chat area here but mostly its a weight loss forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 4:00 AM this morning, I have already done the usual morning duties and right now Im just posting on here and on an other forum while putting cd's on the computer so I can put them on my MP3 Player and thats all I've done for today. Im gonna get my 2 mile walk in after breakfast and then I'll get my evening walk in tonight.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 351/351/150

Height: 5' 4"

Hello there everyone. I just joined the site and started following this thread. I am 24 and with my 25th birthday looming in the not so distant future, I decided it was time for a change. In this last year there have been a lot of terrible life changing events and my weight has sky rocketed to an all time high. i am hoping that this sight proves to be helpful, insightful, and or just a wonderful place to talk.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:56 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning everyone. Missed yesterday altogether which resulted in the continuing pattern of not eating right. Terrible admission -- weighed this morning and realized that I've gained 30 pounds back mainly in the last month. And this all boils down to needing to exhibit some degree of self control. So, I'm starting over today -- counting this as the beginning of a new eating plan because quite truthfully, I don't think that one can be off plan for an entire year, gain 30 pounds and call it maintaining. More like losing complete control!

Fi Your description of your time with your great niece sounds so wonderful -- both in terms of what you're doing and in the pleasure that the two of you take in being together. And I love the description of the sound of little kitten feet being a good motivator. You are rockin' the BERP.

Jane You do know that Chip and Dale will stay with me all day. Maybe that's not a bad thing! I remember your saying that you were going to start looking for a house -- hope you're enjoying the search.

Sam Once again I'm in awe of you and your efforts -- now with the planking. And I loved Fi's explanation about muscle holding water. Do you think I can count these 30 pounds as a lot of muscle build up? You continue to amaze me with your dedication and positive attitude.

Ubee I still have trouble accepting that your bad days truly bring out the mean Ubee because I doubt that there is a mean Ubee. It's probably just a Ubee that you don't like. Sorry -- and glad like Sam -- that the ice cream made you sick. Chuckled over your admission that you told DH what flavors to buy. You and I have got to get our acts together. I've been reading a book where one of the characters is an alcoholic and goes to AA meetings whenever the urge to drink hits him. I've decided to develop a list of foods that are on my FA list (Foodie Anonymous or Foodie Addict, take your pick). And yes, I know there is an Overeaters Anon group, but not one near here. So, let's get back in the game. We can do this!

Tiffany Welcome to the group. Feel free to share as much or little as you like. As you can tell, we all have varying degrees of success, but are supportive in our efforts.

Off to the gym and then home to work on the floors. I finally divided the house cleaning into 3 days -- dusting, kitchen and baths, and now floors. Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with a friend for her birthday and will hit the farmer's market. My BIL told me last night that he's getting the other hip replaced on August 25, so there goes any chance of a vacation this summer. Oh well, maybe a fall trip would be nice!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #155  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the thread, Tiffany! We are a super supportive group here, and the more you post, the more support you'll get. =smile= Most people find it very helpful to post every day, whether anything new is happening with your diet/exercise situation or not. It's a way of committing yourself to the weight loss project, of saying, "I'm going to at least think about working on my diet and exercise plan, every single day." Please tell us more about yourself, as you feel comfortable with doing so. For example, have you decided on a diet plan yet? Are you in school, or working, or what? Anything you want to talk about is fine: it doesn't have to be just about weight loss.

I'm finding the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project) quite stressful today, since I've moved my focus to the mess in our master bedroom. When the kittens arrive on Sunday night, we will bring them up to the bedroom and close the door before we let them out of their traveling crate. For the first few days they will have their food, their litter box, all that they need, in our bedroom. We do that so that they have a chance to bond with Bob & me in a small, intimate setting before they are set loose to explore our whole house and start learning the rules. (The main rule will be that they are never allowed on the kitchen countertops or the kitchen table.)

Anyway, the master bedroom mess is mostly my own clothes, which are always hard for me to deal with because I don't have enough closet and drawer space for all the many sizes of clothes that I have—everything from size 10-12 all the way up to 5X. =sigh= But the main focus vis-a-vis the kittens is just to tidy things up enough that there will be room for their crate (with a bed in it), their food & water bowls, and their litterbox. I can do it: I just need to stay focused and not worry about the fact that I don't yet fit into this garment or that one.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, when I have my get-together with my great-niece Grace and surprise her with the iPad2!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #156  

betsy2013 and Fiona W thank you both for warm welcome.

Fiona W I am in school full time and I work full time so I keep a pretty busy schedule. As far as a diet plan, so far all I have done is reduce my calorie intake pretty drastically by removing sodas and other sugary beverages and cutting out junk food and most starches. I have also started going to the gym, my goal is to go five nights a week and so far it is going pretty well.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #157  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Tiffany - Welcome to the forum and thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 9:00 am this morning and as I do every morning I got my morning duties done, and for most of the day I have been ripping cd's to the computer so I can put them on my MP3 player, Once all of my songs are on it I will finally walk outside in the mornings but until then I've still been walking inside to the Walk Away The Pounds dvd. By the way I dont know if I told you all this or not but I started a women's fitness group at my school, Its starts Aug. 7th, Im looking forward to the first day. As always Im gonna get my 5 mile walk in tonight.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #158  

Good Evening!
Terra a fitness group sounds awesome! Keep up the good work walking!
Tiffany you are so cute you wrote "so far all I have done is reduce my calorie intake pretty drastically by removing sodas and other sugary beverages and cutting out junk food and most starches. I have also started going to the gym" That is a lot! Give yourself credit. We try to remind ourselves to be as nice to ourselves as we would a friend. You are doing great! I'm sorry you have been through so much. We are here to cheer you on to successful weight loss.
Fi PLEASE give details about how Grace responded to her ipad.
Betsy I really, really, hope you take a vacation after nursing Bill back to health. I love fall and I think it may help light a spark under your tush.
Sam only on here is it good to make someone cry and be glad they got sick. Are you still making your work meals for the week all on one day?
As for me, today I went to the grocery store and bought a cart full of healthy food AND one bag of chocolate chips "so my daughter could make grain free cookies for her upcoming trip..." I ate too many on my way home. I have not done anything like that for a long time. Of course I felt sick AGAIN so that is a bonus!
Angie, Jane, Silent, and all come on out and visit. I miss you!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Tiffany Welcome girl!! Don't you worry you can do this!!! We'll be here to help in any way we can and feel free to post as much as you want! We're all really loving and supportive, but when you need a good kick in the right direction, we'll be there too!! Hope you stay awhile!

Betsy Thank you for the kind words...I really do amaze myself in how far I've come and what I plan and WILL achieve. I look at it like this....Do I want to sit around while the world passes me by, feeling like a fat blob that can't buy cute clothes, can't feel confident in her own skin, and may lose out on the chance to what I want more than anything is to have kids...My answer is definitely NO!!! Since starting my journey I've come to love life a lot more, worry less (unless it's about DH) and just go with the flow, but work HARD!! Life is a lot more boring just sitting around watching tv and playing video games....Not that I don't LOVE doing both of those, especially the video games, but I love to be outside a lot more and doing things with DH. This journey has helped my mentality and has made my heart grow fonder of DH. My best advice to you is to NOT give up....30 lbs is a lot to gain in a month...I love you but I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, and I don't think you would want me to either....I'm so glad you still work out but we need to get that eating under control...I don't want to see you fail and I WON'T let you fail...You've worked so hard you owe it to yourself not to give up!!! You know I'm always here if you need me so please don't be afraid to reach out...**** I'd even give you my personal e-mail if you needed someone to chat with back and forth!

Fi The day is approaching for the babies to come home and I am so excited for you....You are doing a great job on the BERP so keep it up!! Get rid of the clothes that don't fit!! Girl I know what it's like to not have closet space but I look at it this way...When I get down to the size I want to be or even the in between sizes I may not want to wear what I have in those sizes...So take it to Salvation Army or Goodwill and just keep things that are a size or two smaller until you lose more weight...I've been buying a lot of my clothes at Goodwill and it's saved me a lot of money while I lose the weight.

Terra So excited about the women's fitness group! That sounds awesome! I really hope it works out for you and do tell us how you like it when you start!

Ubee You are right about the tears shed...I'm sure as we all make our progress to being happy and healthy there will be more tears but hopefully tears of joy!! I haven't been making my meals a week ahead of time lately...My lettuce for my salads about mid week would start to get kind of wilted so I just make it the night before but I still make sure I take the time to pack on plan food only

Today was just like any other day for me...Stayed busy at work...DH had to go have labs done...Nothing to be alarmed of just his normal blood work to have his cholesterol and sugar checked as well to have his hormone levels checked since he is on testosterone medication. I went to the gym with my friend tonight....She really indulged yesterday for her birthday having a frappucino, sushi, a steak dinner and 2 pieces of cake lol...all over the course of the day though so she wanted to push it double time...It really pushed me to work harder and try to up my weights on some of the machines today...I sweat my booty off and pushed it to the max!!!! I just got home a little bit ago and had chicken salad for dinner with a string cheese and an orange. I wanted something simple for dinner because I knew I'd be tired when I got home. We may try to go to the gym again tomorrow or either Friday depending on how sore we are tomorrow. I'm pretty tired and need to hit the showers coach so I'm off for now! Hope everyone enjoys their night!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello all! I haven't been to this forum in a LONG time. Not sure if there's anyone I remember even still posting here!

After yo-yoing for several years since last posting here, I'm finally taking the plunge and getting Bariatric surgery. It's to the point that I'm over 400 pounds, and something needs to be done while I'm still young and (fairly) healthy!

Just looking to connect with others, re-connect with some of the old timers, and share support during our weight loss goals.

PS: Please nothing negative about WLS. I know not everyone is a fan of it, however it's the best decision for me. I've been dieting since 1st grade, and have been over 200 pounds since 3rd grade. Time to get this weight off!

Last edited by kayleystar; 07-30-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #161  

Terra1984, Ubee, and SamIAm86 thank you all for the welcome.

Ubee When I read it back I guess it did seem like a bit more than I initially thought lol. It did not seem like all that much when I was listing it and thinking there was more that I should be doing.

SamIAm86 I will no doubt need a kick in the pants every once in a while. By the way I was looking at your profile picture and the change is awesome and inspiring.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #162  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back, Kayley! You're not going to hear anything negative about WLS from me: for some people it really is the way to go. Since you haven't been here in a long time, please tell us more about yourself...when you feel comfortable with doing so.

Tiffany— I agree with Ubee: you are doing a LOT! Five days a week to the gym is certainly more than I have ever done. If you stick to what you're doing so far, you should be shedding the pounds in no time. But do remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and as I just said to Sam, new muscle has a lot of water in it. So go by how you feel, not by what the scale says. It would be a good idea to take your measurements, too, because they are more reliable than the scale for showing that you are getting smaller.

Ubee— Your chocolate chip experience really says to me that you need to stay very far away from everything that has sugar in it—as if it were a poison that could jump out and grab you! You shouldn't have to buy it for your daughter: next time, tell your husband he has to run that errand. It's certainly true for me that completely banning sugar from my diet has been the key to success. My husband has cookies in the house, but he buys them for himself and keeps them in a high cabinet that I never have to open. If I were you, I'd even go so far as making sure I'm not even in the house when your daughter bakes those cookies. Or could she bake them at a friend's house? I think you should stick up for yourself more and say things like, "Sorry, that's just impossible" or "I absolutely cannot be within twenty feet of that stuff." Every time I go to the grocery store, I plot out my route very carefully so I don't go down the cookie aisle, don't have to look at the candy, etc. And when I simply can't avoid walking by a display of cupcakes or pie or whatever, I mumble to myself, "Evil! Evil!" and look straight ahead to where I'm going, not down at that sugary poison. Maybe that sounds drastic to you, but sometimes extreme measures are called for! And once you've got that policy going, two things will happen: (1) your family will respect your need to take care of yourself, and (2) the longer you go without allowing the teensiest bit of sugar in your system, the less the cravings will be, and the more you'll wonder why you ever indulged in that stuff in the first place.

Well, I didn't get a whole lot done on the BERP today, as measured by square feet of floor space cleared out, but I completely cleaned out and vacuumed and kitten-proofed my nightstand and the area in front and behind it, and I chased down all the stray ponytail holders that are so tempting for the little guys and so dangerous if they swallow them. While cleaning my nightstand I opened up a space where I can stow some of the miscellaneous clothes that don't fit me yet, so things will be easier to face when I get back to it.

And Bob and I worked well together as a team! He is really stepping up to the plate and getting excited himself about the prospect of being a parent to felines again. All through the day we talked off and on about what lies ahead of us between now and when we leave for New Jersey. He even gave me some good advice about what I should wear for the trip! I told him that I will be involved with Grace for most of tomorrow, and he said he'd keep on working—that he would get the litter boxes out of the attic and hose them down, and whatever else he could find that needs to be done. Step by step, we are getting this final push done together.

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-30-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Well I got through one day staying on plan -- which shouldn't be such a monumental announcement! I looked back over weight charts and realized that I gained 14 pounds in the last WEEK. Yes, you read that correctly. Obviously, some of it is water, but some of it is just my body's way of letting me know that it doesn't handle carbs/sugars very well. This was more of a wake up call than my fat cheeks when I look in the mirror.

Fi Sounds like the kitties will have a wonderful cocooning environment to come home to. And I totally agree about the rule of not allowing the kitties on the counters or table. Glad that Bob is helping with BERPing the bedroom. Maybe you could store some of your clothes that you no longer wear in the attic -- both too big and too small (at least for right now). That would help with freeing up some space for you. Just a thought (and a project that I haven't undertaken myself yet.....amazing how it seems to be the answer for someone else!)

Ubee Totally understand about the chocolate chip caper. That's why I have to put everything in the trunk after the grocery store. I like Fi's idea of saying "evil" when passing by the "bad" stuff. Not only will it help me with controlling my shopping, but it would free up space in the aisles as people steer clear of a woman with a crazed look in her eye talking to the candy, cookies, chips, and ice cream. And I am going to take a vacation some time this year -- just been one of those years where it seems like something breaks every week and someone needs to be cared for.

Terra Love that you've organized a woman's fitness group. Good for you. Anything to keep us on track is a great thing to do!

Sam Thanks for the support and helping remind me of what I'm trying to achieve. I just have to get my mind back in the game and that will happen as I'm not going to allow myself to gain back all of this weight.

Kayley Welcome back! No negative comments on the WLS from me either. Just making the decision is a step in the right direction and each of us has to find our own path to success in this part of our lives.

Tiffany Ubee's right -- you've done a LOT! As I read over it, I thought that basically you've done about 95% of what is needed to develop a plan that will result in the desired end result. Good for you.

Going to lunch with a friend today for her birthday and then a trip to the Farmer's Market in Olympia. It's a gorgeous day here, the restaurant has fish so I can eat something healthy (no bread or fries!), and there should be lots of organic veggies and fruit available now. I'm finally beginning to get things out of my container garden -- picked the first zucchini, there are a couple of eggplants that are near ready, some of the beets are ready, lettuce is ready for the second planting, peas are about ready to be picked, and some day there will be tomatoes. Better shake a leg and get it in gear. Have a great day.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

This is going to be a short post, no personals today...

I found out my best guy friend over dosed last night and died....I am in so much pain and of all things I had to find out about it while at work and couldn't leave until the day was done....I've cried so many tears and DH got so mad he punched a hole in the wall (DH is a recovering heroin addict). I am so lost and so hurt and just want my friend back....He toured with DH when he went up to Canada...my friend lives in Toronto but moved to Vancouver over a year or two ago...He was doing so well then **** hit the fan and he died....I'm not binge eating....which is what normally happens when I get as emotional as I am right now....I don't even want to eat....I just want to go to bed and wake up like this never happened but it did and I have to go on and live life like he would have wanted me to....It's so hard being so far away that I can't even go to his funeral, but I am going to help pay for it because I don't think his family has the money to. I'm sorry this post is very emotional for me to write, but I wanted to check in and needed some support from my weight loss family. Silviu was always so supportive and wanted to help me lose weight....so I'm not going to binge for him because I know he would be upset if I did and I'd hate myself later if I did....I'm going to bed...night
Old 07-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #165  

Sam I am so sorry for your tragic loss. Sending you love and hugs. Please keep posting. We are here for you. You are so important to us.
Closed Thread