Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Sorry guys still fighting the cold, theres not much a doctor could do. (And it would be a 2 week wait for an appointment so there is no point in calling) I am getting ebtter, slowly. But still fighting the cold, and sorry just don't feel like being online at a computer lately.

Also haven't been in weight loss mode, the combo means not much 3fc. Sorry gals.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Silent no pressure. Just know I am thinking of you.
Terra so I did not get a walk in yesterday but I will today. Do you plan onpower walking at Wal-Mart?
Boring day today. Will have time for a walk. Let's see if I get one in.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Trying to get back into my normal routine. I have adopted a new look which isn't too flattering on the "mature" woman -- that of a raccoon. Got sun burned on Saturday while wearing sunglasses. Oh well, this, too shall pass.

Ubee Two parties -- you social butterfly! Weekend was fine. The garden tour is over and I'm done with the Co-op (really.....until something else comes up). The boys had a good time although the older one kept spiking a fever which would come down with liquid Advil and then spike, They went home yesterday instead of today so he could go to the doctor.
Silent Hope that you're beginning to feel better with the start of a new week. We understand about feeling icky and not wanting to do much. Get better!
Terra Hope you enjoy your walks -- I'm looking forward to being able to take walks around the neighborhood some day soon!
Fi Loved the collage and read your description underneath. And thanks for the note on the creating memories as it's a good thing in my mind. Do something that is so wonderful today that a year or two or ten you still remember the day. Sounds like it was a great one for both of you (and Bob, too).
Sam 70 pounds! Yowza! You have just sailed by me and given me new inspiration to get my act together. You should be popping the buttons on that top your mom gave you from pride. What a wonderful posting.
Angie Hope you're getting some pep back -- sounds like you've got a tough schedule. Enjoy your day with your son -- it's always fun to celebrate birthdays. Don't worry about the weight gain as it's probably water. And I do think that being tired makes our bodies hang on to every ounce.

My nephew is bringing back the RV tomorrow and then I've got to take it to be repaired -- the leaking window is leaking again. House cleaning today and then back to the great yard project. Fi, my BERP project is on the outside and I'm as tired of it as you are of doing the inside. Today is Toby's 1st birthday, so he's getting a couple of hamburger patties mixed in with his food today and, of course, Becky will come over to play. I've been shedding water all weekend so am finally getting some of the water weight off. Definitely trying to get into better eating and portion controlled meals on a permanent basis. Have a great day, and be kind to yourselves.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #109  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, the BERP took an interesting turn today. I worked hard for several hours conquering another box packed full of stuff, but not in the usual sort/weed/toss fashion. I put all the stuff up on a wall! Because the "stuff," in this case, was a huge collection of brilliant artworks: the cream of the crop of all the art I've received in the mail in the four and a half years since I joined the worldwide mail art community. Almost all of the artworks are not prints, but original collages, paintings, and mixed-media pieces. Almost all of it was mailed "naked" (not in an envelope) in the form of postcards of every shape, size, and material. I even put up a few envelopes, complete with postage stamps and lots of artistamps (artworks in the form of faux postage).

I didn't put up a single postcard that I made, of course, since all of my original art is out there in the world in the hands of other mail artists. I mounted all the pieces with little foam sticky squares, with a separation of at most half an inch. The wall I covered is one side of the downstairs corridor that connects the foyer, living room, and kitchen. It's 5 feet wide and 8 feet high, so it amounts to nearly 40 square feet of art! And what a complicated jigsaw puzzle it was, too, figuring out how to arrange all those pieces in a harmonious and densely packed way.

Even Bob, who's still depressed—although not as depressed as he used to be—got excited about the project, and he helped me put up some of the pieces that are right up next to the ceiling. I can't begin to convey how amazing that wall looks now: it's like one enormous, colorful, eye-popping artwork composed of hundreds of separate pieces. We'll be able to admire it every day as we come down the stairs, sit at the kitchen table, and of course stand in the corridor itself.

And boy am I exhausted.... but happy. I'm not even fazed by the fact that tomorrow is my monthly weigh-in day, the 22nd. I fully expect that I will have gained some—how much, I can't begin to guess. It's been an extremely stressful month, as we move into our final countdown to August 3rd, when we drive up north to pick up our kittens. Julie tells me that Oscar is still small, but he's an eager eater, so maybe he'll eventually catch uo to Nénu, his sister. She's doing great, running around like crazy and climbing the screen door that separates their master bedroom—AKA the nursery—from the rest of the house.

I hope all of y'all are doing well, or at least better than you were. I'm trashed. I'm going to bed now.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:23 AM   #110  
rockin' my 60s!

Oh man, I'm so relieved! Yes, I did gain weight in the past month, but the amount of my gain is one pound. I weigh 273—versus last month's 272.

Onward! I'm eating on plan, I'm doing my leg exercises, and kittens are coming... =smile=
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #111  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Nope I didnt power walk in Walmart yesterday but I will next week for sure

Betsy ~ Yes I did enjoy my walk to the WATP's dvd but I havent walked since Sunday so I definitely have to walk today and I will, I hope you can walk around your neighborhood soon too, Walking outside is so refreshing, Its nice to get fresh air thats why I enjoy walking outside so much.

I woke up at 6:00 AM again this morning cause my back was hurting again, Im gonna buy a mattress topper for my bed so maybe that will stop my back from hurting. Anyway so far today I've done the every morning stuff which is let Clyde outside,Gave him fresh food and water and Im about to take my pills, Mom and my brother Nathan are making breakfast this morning so we wont eat for awhile yet so for right now Im watching t.v while posting on 3 other forums including this one. The plans I have for today is to get my room ready for the bug person to come and spray, We have him come every summer cause thats when it seems like bugs come in the house the most, Im also gonna get my walk in today and we're gonna go out to dinner later on today and thats it.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #112  

Good Afternoon!
Terra I got a chuckle when I saw your quilt. Of course it would be zebra stripes. (I remember your socks from the mall.) It looks like you are off to a good start. Is Shinedown a TV show, movie or what???
Fi your display sounds terrific. So much better to have all that creativity to enjoy instead of being stuffed in a box! Yea for being on plan, leg exercises, and kitties!
Betsy how is your grand feeling? Did Toby enjoy his birthday? Thanks for the reminder to be kind to ourselves. My thoughts have been drifting that way lately.
It feels so fuzzy on here today. Glad you are all here even if some of you are just reading and thinking of us.
Yesterday I noticed my teenager hads really dropped the pounds since we changed our WOE. Like 2 jean sizes! Good for her. Now if the rest of us could get and stay on board that would be great.
As I posted else where, I have been watching the tv show Heavy from A&E. I watch full episodes on you tube. Anyhow it is interesting how out of control all their lives are in the beginning. How they gobble their foor like an addict, how they are so afraid to push themselves with exercise. It is making that light bulb over my head flicker. Not go off but flicker.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #113  
rockin' my 60s!

Ubee— I'm confused by your light bulb reference. Can you explain a bit more about what the light bulb means when it's "on" vs. "off"? Just curious, and also caring... I agree: it does feel fuzzy on here—in a good way.

I sure am looking forward to the fuzzy feel of kitten fur. My hands are downright hungry for that sensation!

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-22-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #114  

Fi happy to explain. It means it is something I need to explore. I'm getting some of it but I am a little slow and don't yet realize the full lesson I need to learn from it.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Ubee The gym is just a friend thing. I don't actually have a membership so I go with her for free. I am thinking about possibly signing up because their lowest membership is only $10 a month. Thank you about the new pic! I'm glad you were finally able to see "the transformation" I haven't ever watched the show Heavy but I definitely can relate to how they sound in the beginning...I definitely notice myself taking time to chew my food and savor the flavor so to speak so I can let my tummy catch up with how full I really am...I think it's definitely been a life saver when it comes to my weight loss success. I even hear my little voice in my head when I work out to keep pushing

Terra Seems like you had a busy day yesterday!! The start of your quilt looks awesome!! Great job!

Silent Focus on you getting better! We'll still be here when you're ready to come back...Hope you get better soon love!

Betsy Glad you had a great weekend And yes 70 lbs can you believe it!!!! Better jump on this party train we're gonna lose this weight girly!!!!!

Fi First, love the collage!! It definitely hit close to home...Second, how EXCITING does that wall of art sound?!?!?!?! I love it and what I love even more is that Bob chipped in an helped and you guys were able to accomplish something together...I bet that really helped him with his depression. Don't worry about the weight gain...1 pound is astounding!! Just keep pushing hard and you'll make it, I believe in you!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday guys....It was one of those days where I had to disconnect from the world. I called out of work and slept most of the day, woke up and had dinner and watched some tv with my BIL until DH got home from band practice. Then DH said something to hurt my feelings....it was something stupid...He was making fun of the way I said something...I'm over it but then went to bed. I didn't even work out and I NEVER miss a Monday. I'm feeling back to my old self and I guess I just needed that day to rest and recoup myself...Sometimes we all have to take a step back right?

Went to the gym this afternoon and punched it HARD with my friend. We wanted to go on the assisted weighted squat machine (I don't know the real name of it) but every time we tried to go on it they were all full so we just did other stuff instead. Now I'm home eating left overs from last night...good 'ol faithful, spaghetti squash and meat sauce lol...I'm pretty tired so I think I'm gonna call it and early night and head to bed after I eat. I hope everyone had a great day!! Check back in tomorrow!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #116  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah, I like Black and White Zebra print, Shinedown is a band.

Sam ~ Yeah Tuesday's are always a busy day. Thanks for commenting on my quilt.

I woke up at 6:00 AM, I hoped that my alarm would wake me up but I woke up before my alarm clock went off. Oh well I guess. So far today I've done my every morning stuff which is let Clyde outside and give him fresh food and water and take my pills. Right now Im posting on this forum along with another forum and browsing penpal ads while watching t.v. My plans for today is to go to my meeting and get my walk in tonight and thats it.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #117  

Good Morning!
I did it! I did my crappy paperwork I have been putting off for months! Yup, it took a little over an hour.
I am in my chipping away mood. Jobs/weight loss can get finished if we keep chipping away at them.
Sam the gym thing makes sense, thanks for explaing it. Yes you are allowed one day off. Now get back at it.
Terra do you already have pen pals or is this something new?
So back to my show Heavy. I have everything in common with the people on the show. One thing I notice is how they have to learn to PUSH THROUGH AND EXERCISE even when they don't want to. They also push and do more then they want to. (Reminds me of you Sam.) So now I have started exercising again and I am pushing myself.
Off to the wood pile! Have a successful day!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #118  
rockin' my 60s!

About my wall of original mail art: I haven't finished it yet, because I'm still making the narrow strips of paper with artistamps on them to fill in some of the blank spots, but I couldn't resist taking a photo of it with my iPad. I was standing on the landing of our stairs when I took this picture. As you can see, I left a little room at the top and the bottom for future incoming art. To the left is the living room; to the right is the kitchen. Before the BERP started, that blue futon was piled high, totally covered, with papers and books. So was that wooden floor you see, and the floor beneath the mail art wall. The blobby thing is a large rock that Bob got for me: a chunk of raw bloodstone.

In the fuzzy foreground of the photo you can see part of our framed version of Annie Leibovitz's famous photo of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. In every place we have lived, in all the years since John was murdered, we have put that picture up in the entrance to our home. It signifies: "Here you will find a happy marriage." Many a person who has come to our home, or even just stood in the doorway delivering a package or whatever, has immediately smiled broadly upon seeing that picture.

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-23-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Checking in...

Terra Hope you had a good day!

Ubee Sounds like you're on the right track with everything, keep pushing!!

Fi Love the wall of art!!!

Same old day for me...today was run crazy errands day after work since it's pay day....and just like that I'm broke again...gotta love living paycheck to paycheck...Anyway hope everyone is doing great....I stayed on plan today and gym with Suzanne tomorrow. Night everyone
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM   #120  

Good Morning!
Sam glad to see you checking in. How about instead of paycheck to paycheck you call it living on love? Sounds so much more fun.
Fi thank you for posting your wonderful wall of art. I wanted to see it so badly but didn't want to cross any boundries.
Well, errands and laundry to do today...
Closed Thread