Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #136  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks! I'm excited to report that Oscar & Nénu are doing really well: a little recurrent infection the litter got has cleared up nicely thanks to the right antibiotic. And I'm especially thrilled that Julie, my breeder, has changed her mind about which of the three females she wants to keep, and now it turns out that my Nénu will be the one with the best personality! She's apparently very affectionate and loves to snuggle. While Julie makes her choices based on physical appearance and ability to do well in shows, for Bob and me these cats are all about personality, not looks. And I have a new picture of my pair: they're looking up at someone not in the photo, so their faces are upside down. That's Oscar on the left, down below, and Nénu on the right, in a shadow. You can see clearly that they're orange-&-white tabbies: note the striped tails. They're still in the "bat ear" phase, of course, but as they grow up, their faces will lengthen and their ears will end up in proportion.

And yes, Betsy, I'm BERP-ing today: no rest for me this weekend! My mood has been up and down of late, because of all the stress I'm under, but right now it's good, so I gotta make hay while the sun shines.

But before I'm off, I want to say that I'm so glad you're back, Jane!!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Short check in....No personals today

I'm feeling down because I gained this week and I don't even understand why when I stayed POP all week. I gained 2.2 lbs. DH said not to let it bother me because it may be from all the weight lifting I've done this week.
Who knows...I need to do more cardio I know that so that is what I'm going to focus on this week...

I'm getting ready to go on a long walk so hopefully that will help some...
Old 07-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #138  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ I searched the internet for a penpal site and I came upon PenpalNow!.com, Yeah all of my penpals share the same interests as I do.

I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Its now in 11:00 AM and Im about to do my 2 mile morning walk, I already got my morning duties out of the way. After I get done walking I will get back to switching my youtube favorites playlist into MP3's so I can add them to my new MP3 Player. Of course I'll do my 2 mile Evening walk tonight after 6:30 pm and I might work on my t-shirt quilt a little before bed.

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-27-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #139  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You guys are so awesome! I missed you all!

Already hit a bump in the road. I'm swollen! Today I'm holding so much water my face is fat and my joints are stiff. Feels like an allergic reaction, to what I don't know.

Hopefully it's just a whacky TOM thing and goes away. Be back for personals when I look less like the Michelin Man.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #140  
Turning Into A New Woman

We missed you too Jane
Old 07-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Jane hope that swelling goes down quick because I sure have missed your commentary!
Terra we are having a beautiful cool day today. How is your weather?
Stick to your guns Sam! Look at your pictures and push hard for a big loss next week!
Fi your babies are so precious! I am so happy for you!
Betsy good luck picking the right coverage for you. From what I've seen you can read it until it bores you to death or makes you crazy. I think that is part of the plan so they have less people to cover.
Well I skipped yesterday and that is against "my rules". I've been busy running around and also eating tons of off plan foods. It really is tempting when you have a social life. Geez Silent you are my new hero! Anyhow I find myself in the "I'll restart my diet when my daughter moves out and goes to college..." Like that is going to make it easier. Excuses! My hormones are off and my family has taken cover. I would kill for some chocolate!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. We're in for some hot weather here.....which translates into it will be in the mid 80s which is considered close to an intolerable weather situation. So, guess I'll get the housework done and then hit the yard.

Fi It's so much fun to read your posts when you talk about the kittens -- joy just flies off the page. This coming weekend is the big pickup day!
Sam Don't let 2 pounds get you down. You have been losing consistently and sometimes our bodies just need a rest or a chance to reset or who knows. And it could be from building more muscle. Just keep on doing what you're doing as you are definitely rockin' it!
Terra Your music project sounds like fun -- what kinds of music do you like the most?
Jane Maybe we should get our pictures taken together. I got my hair cut short and now I look like a chipmonk who is storing all his nuts for the winter in his cheeks. This, too, shall pass......literally!
Ubee One good thing is that the plans have to fit into specific categories so that while they can offer more coverage, they all have to have the same minimums. That way I'll at least be comparing apples to something in the same fruit family. Totally understand the eating off plan and craving chocolate. Have you tried the chocolate PB2 (chocolate flavored powdered peanut butter). I put it in with the frozen banana pieces when I want to make "ice cream" and I feel like I'm living in a world of sin. Not the same as having a Hershey bar or six, but definitely gives me a boost to the chocolate cravings.

Still haven't gotten the house cleaned. I have been an absolute slug for the last 3 weeks. So, I'm going to do it today, start trying to get back on plan, and at least pretend that I'm an adult who has control over my life. I'll let you know how the adult thing goes tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #143  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Its only suppose to get up to 85 today which is better then 100 like it has been lately.

Betsy ~ I like all kinds of music except for Classical and Opera

I woke up at 8:00 AM this morning and its now 12:56 PM, As always I got my morning duties out of the way, I currently posting on here and on two other forums, Im about to do my first 2 miles walk of the day. My only plans for today is to get my 4 mile walk in and go to Walmart with my mom, Even though I dont have any money to spend at Walmart I still like going cause its gets me out of the house. Tonight I really need to do some sewing on my t-shirt quilt.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #144  
rockin' my 60s!

Thanks for what you said, Betsy, about the joy in my postings when I'm talking about the kittens. But Oscar and Nénu aren't the only people making me smile a lot these days: the other one is my great-niece Grace! I get together with her again on Thursday, and I find that I can't resist spending time on preparation, as more & more I embrace my new role as her teacher/mentor. This week's lesson is going to focus on mail art. We're going to start out by taking a trip to the local post office (which happens to be very close to her house). I've given her an assignment to make a handmade postcard using collage, etc., and to have it all written & addressed & stamped, and I will also have one of my own that's ready to go in the mail. I'll introduce her to the fine art of being polite & friendly to the postal clerks behind the counter, all of whom know me well, and to the importance of getting mail art hand-cancelled, whenever possible. And then we go to my house to look at and learn from all the received mail art I have up on that downstairs wall. (She hasn't seen it yet.) I'm going to loan her my copy of Good Mail Day—an amazingly well-written and designed primer for anyone interested in sending & receiving more interesting snail-mail. (Highly recommended!)

But her lesson in mail art is not what's going to blow Grace's mind. What's going to blow her mind is that I am going to be giving her my iPad2. As some of you will recall, my beloved iPad2 somehow got a crack in its screen, which actually doesn't bother me hardly at all, and that, plus other factors—such as the fact that I've got a bit of joint pain, maybe early arthritis, in my left thumb, the joint down at the bottom of the palm, from holding up the (relatively) heavy iPad2 every day for hours on end—has made me very tempted to upgrade to the iPad Air, which is much lighter, faster, has a better display, etc. This is an object that is central to my life—for almost all purposes, it is my computer—so it's not an extravagance to consider the upgrade.

But I was holding back on it because I didn't want to just abandon my iPad2: I've had a very close relationship with it ever since I got it in April 2011. When it occurred to me that Grace, who'll be a freshman in high school this fall, might be able to love it and learn from it and create with it (the art apps are fabulous), that tipped the balance for me. I called her parents and carefully checked it out with them first, of course, (They do have WiFi in their house.) After some discussion, they called me back and said, "Yes!" So then I bought the iPad Air, which is just a wonderful machine, everything it should be and more...

But Grace doesn't know about this yet, so I'm really looking forward to surprising her on Thursday!

And now I must return to the BERP, which is still in progress... Gee—how come I never talk about diet and exercise? There's just too much else going on in my life. =laugh=
Old 07-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #145  

Afternoon Everyone!
Ubee You're right and so is DH...2 pounds shouldn't get me down because I have been doing so well and trying really hard...I really should take my own advice sometimes when I try to help others out...I just need to dust off and keep going...I'm over the pity party and back on my high horse again!

Betsy Thanks for the words of encouragement...It is much appreciated. I too have been slacking on the house work and am going to try and get some done while DH is at band practice tonight. Hope isn't too hot out there for you when you have to do your yard work...It was 90 yesterday with a heat index of 105 when DH and I went on our walk yesterday...We walked a slow 2 miles and that's all we were able to stand out in the heat. Make sure to stay hydrated!

Fi I am so excited for you!! This sounds like it's going to be an awesome week between the meet up with Grace and the kittens coming home! Good for you!! Hope everything is very enjoyable for you!!

So I threw myself a small pity party yesterday but I'm over it now. I realize that there are going to be bumps in the road...If this journey was going to be easy everyone would be doing it. I just have to remember that sometimes we fall and fall hard and what matters is if I pick myself up and keep going. I want to do this more than I ever have in my life...That's why I'm pushing so hard. I'm giving myself a year from now to try and complete my goal but if I don't make it I won't stop...I'm going to keep going until I make my goal. I'm so thankful for finding this website and this thread because I don't think I would be able to keep going without the love and support of you guys. If I feel like giving up I just remember that I'll be letting myself and my weight loss family down...and I don't want to do that. I need you guys more than you probably know so thank you all so much for being here for me!!!

Tonight DH has band practice so I think I'm going to do my Turbo Jam Cardio Party...It's been awhile since I've done a TJ video since DH and I do our cardio together but maybe this is what I need to get a little extra push this week. Then I'm going to try and work on cleaning my bathroom and work on the kitchen some. I'd like to get this house in order soon so that DH and I can work on doing our palette floors soon.

Anyway I'm gonna go get ready to work out and help DH carry his gear down stairs. I hope everyone had an awesome day!!

Last edited by SamIAm86; 07-28-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #146  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Ubee - my hormones are just as bad!

Betsey - I think we'd look like Chip and Dale

Little less swollen Thank goodness. House hunted all day so I'm tired. Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Day!
Jane are you enjoying house hunting or is it an I'd rather not thing? Do you find yourself starving when your hormones hit? I do and the more I give in the worse it gets! (Of course I am stupid enough to give in and have carbs and sugar.) Maybe I should be locked in a red tent and only have coffee to live on when it happens.
Sam your post made this hormonal chick cry. Yes, I do understand how much our family here means to you. I would never had made it past the first two weeks. I like how our pity parties get shorter and shorter as time goes on.
Fi it is so nice to see your whole life moving in such a positive direction. Good for you for being a mentor. Kids sometimes listen to others so much better then their parents. In this life we need all the positve people we can find.
Terra 85 is approaching icky hot in my book. What have you been cooking lately? All right I have to ask and don't feel like you need to answer, I'm curious are the other forums you visit weight loss ones also?
Betsy I have not heard of chocolate PB2. I think I really need to have an extremely clean food enviorment at home. I just can not stop once I start. I am usually too lazy to go out and get something so while it is not a perfect plan it is the best I have come up with so far.
Yesterday was awful fat devil and thin angel were fighting on my shoulders all day. I was such an unpleasant person. After supper someone was trying to calm the situation down and brought home 2 containers of ice cream. I don't blame him as it was the cure all for decades. Besides I did suggest/tell him which flavors to buy. So we all had some and I had my usual portion that I had at 300+. I was sick all night long. I tossed both containers out at 2am. I was so exhausted that my hubby had to get our daughter completely ready for her day before he left for work. I am so happy I got sick. Now I can put a stop to this nonsense!

Last edited by Ubee; 07-29-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #148  
rockin' my 60s!

Thanks for the kind words, Ubee! Sorry to hear your indulgence made you sick, but it sounds like you're putting a positive spin on the experience, as in "Gee whiz, don't do that again!"

Sam— I'm glad to hear you made it through your bumpy patch and are back in the saddle again! The next time you're about to get upset over a 2-pound gain, please remind yourself that the weight of every human being varies within a four pound range depending on how much water you happen to have on board. And there are all kinds of reasons for retaining water, not just TOM. When muscles are worked hard by weight lifting, for example, they not only build new tissue, which is heavier than fat, but when that new muscle tissue is forming, it starts out with a lot of water in it. Over time, then, the new muscle fibers shed that excess water. That's why people who are already pretty muscular can get an instant "pumped up" look from one hard session of lifting: that "pumped up" tissue is mostly water.

As for me, I'm BERP-ing quite intensively today. I ran my immediately pressing errands yesterday, so I have no excuse not to tackle what remains to be done in the living room and dining room. I'm getting down to the stuff that I don't already have a place for, but at least I do have three empty banker's boxes I can use for last-minute "Where do I put this?" problems. Those banker's boxes have a designated spot in the dining room where they stack on top of two others, so it's not like they will be taking up floor space. My goal continues to be: open up as much floor space as possible. We have hardwood floors with a few Mexican rugs: I'm looking forward to the ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump sound of dense little kitty feet running across those floors! =grin=
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #149  

Ubee ((((HUGS)))) that is too sweet that you actually cried ....I'm glad that the ice cream made you sick...If this weren't a weight loss forum that statement would be so mean lol...But you know what I mean...It's one of those ah ha moments where you definitely don't want to do it again...Been there done that!! Hoping today has gotten better for you.

Fi Thank you for the information about the water weight...I knew that sometimes you hold more water than others, but I didn't know about the new muscle tissue stuff...Which I guess was what DH was trying to tell me, I'm just stubborn lol....Your BERP sounds like it's moving right along...I am so excited for the kitties to be coming home this weekend!!!!

Well today is my bestie's birthday so she said she was going to skip the gym today...I was a little irritated lol but I'm letting her slide because she's doing family stuff...I tried to get my mom to go but of course she only wants to go when you don't invite her lol....So I decided to take today as my rest day when it's normally Wednesday and my friend and I are going to go to the gym tomorrow. I was hoping DH would want to go on a walk but he is really tired...He didn't get home until after 1 am from band practice in which of course caused me to have a panic attack ....I'm not going to go into details but it caused me to not be able to go to sleep till after 2 am last night.

Last night I was watching tv and got curious to see if I could hold a plank yet. The very first time I tried months ago I didn't time it but I was up and back down so fast 10 seconds probably hadn't even gone by lol...So I say, what the heck and I try it...The first time I tried I was able to hold for :37.77....I was so astonished by it that I felt like I had to try and beat my time so I did it again and guess what!? TIME BEAT!!! I held it for 1:12.76!!!!! WOOT!!!!! I am SO proud of myself! I know that's not a really long time compared to some people who are in real good shape but for me to be able to hold myself is a huge accomplishment and I am and should be proud!! I think after I make dinner I'm going to try again...And believe it or not I actually feel sore in my core muscles and my arms today!! So on top of the cardio I did last night and the planking I feel darn good!

I'm making turkey tacos tonight...been awhile since I've had mexican...Looking forward to it. Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 351/351/150

Height: 5' 4"

Would anyone mind explaining to me how all of this works?

Last edited by tiffanymcnabb24; 07-30-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Closed Thread