Old 06-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 349/337/180

Height: 6'

Default Starting over....yet again

Hi, all! I used to be on 3FC a looong time ago-under a different screen name which I cannot remember. :blush: Now, I'm back!

And I'm starting over...again.

I have been married nearly 10 years and have 6 kids aged 8, 6, 5, 3, 2 & 4 months. I've always been obese my entire life and no matter how much weight I lose I always gain it back again-and then some. Once again I'm starting over-this time from my highest weight ever.

I plan to kick butt. Literally. I usually burn out/stop after 3 months of dieting and intense workouts. This time I plan to try a little less intensity in the hopes of not burning out, and to keep going til I hit 250-a weight I haven't seen since I was 14 years old.

And come November I want to participate in our local Thanksgiving Day 5k.

Last edited by Flowerpower6; 06-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Flowerpower6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Great attitude, go slow but steady, good luck and welcome back
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #3  

Thanks, Michou!

It's reeeeeally easy to want to beat myself up, but I know from past experience that the more I get mad at myself, the less likely I actually am to change, so I'm trying to keep as positive as possible right now.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #4  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey, same thing happened to me. Used the site. Lost a lot of weight a few years ago. Quit coming back here for some reason. Lost motivation, gained it all back. Went to come back, forgot my user name/password, and now here I am.

Kudos to you for picking that 5k as a goal! I had "run a 5k before my 30th birthday" as a goal and then gave up. So I'm cheering for you, and changing my goal to 35, instead of 30!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #5  

Thanks, Ferafilia!

I actually did the 5k 2 years ago with my mom and sister. It took me 51 minutes but I was so proud of myself! last year I was pregnant and dealing with morning sickness so I didn't go, but I'm determined to do it this year! My 30th bday is in September and I'm aiming to be 299 by then!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #6  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I'm starting the C25K if you want to join me in a personal motivational challenge? You don't have to run 6mph or anything on the small spurts, just move up the pace for a minute, then slow down for 1.5 minutes, repeat. There are apps on your phone that can even tell you when to go fast and slow if you don't want to use a watch or treadmile. My goal is to run a 5K by Halloween. Run the entire 5K. I think that would be awesome.

I'm also starting over at my highest weight. I just graduated at my University and I've been trying to lose weight after getting over depression from when I first left home 8 years ago. Summer time I would post here, work out, diet, and cook, then school would come and homework, work, studying, social life all took place of all that hard work and I would gain weight. Now that I've graduated, have a good steady job, I think it's time to take this seriously with no homework excuses!

I wish you luck!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'8

I know that feeling. I am in the same boat. Last time I weighed myself (Sept. 2013) I was 266 lbs. I bought a scale for my house and stepped on it to see I was 300.0 lbs! I am bigger than ever.

Last edited by jmh216; 06-11-2014 at 12:12 PM.
jmh216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #8  
Optifaster

S/C/G: 355/*Pokes tracker*/185

Height: 5'1

Welcome back!!!! Slow and Steady is for sure the best way to go. Your body (and lifestyle) will cooperate a lot more if you introduce new behaviors / foods / routines etc a bit at a time and let yourself ease into the transition. I have a great feeling you'll hit your goal and keep on going!
Fawks is offline   Reply With Quote