3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: June, 2014

Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #91

S/C/G: 340/261.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening All,

I'm feeling much better today...Hopefully all that will result in a loss this week lol...

Can't believe tomorrow is Wednesday already!! This week seems to be flying by which is a good thing because I'm that much closer to a weekend I can enjoy

Same old thing my usual work, home, workout, dinner routine lol...I'm really not that interesting. Tonight was arms and back weight lifting...Hopefully one day I'll get rid of this arm flab.

I had a friend e-mail me this past weekend who I haven't heard from in awhile. She lives in Atlanta now so we don't get to catch up very often. She has lost over 120 lbs in the past two years and just made the plunge to get cosmetic surgery to get rid of her hanging skin that was left over on her stomach. She wanted me to know that she is so happy and proud of how far I've come and wanted to tell me that if I am considering getting a tummy tuck after I've lost all the weight I wanted to that it was the best thing she's done and totally worth the money. I think it only cost her about $6500. I didn't think that was too bad, but I'm trying not to think of those costs that may arise down the road. Though I've already planned and thought of a boobie lift lol...Sorry if this is TMI ...I'm glad things are going well for her and hope to successfully say I've lost over 120 lbs one day...I'm getting closer and closer as the weeks go by

UbeeWe sure did cross post I'm hoping getting this big job will land me some other jobs in the future...that's how my hair stylist friend is looking at it at least. She always calls me if she hears of someone needing a makeup artist so that is always a nice thing.

BetsySending sunshine and heat your way!! It's getting close to the 90s here now...This may actually be the first summer that I've enjoyed the hot weather..I don't know what the heck is going on with me lol...I'm usually a person who loves the cold weather

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I'm off to heat up some left overs for dinner. Night! <3

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #92
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

That's pretty funny y'all think pitching magazines without clipping them is such a big step forward. It was pretty f***—umm, let me rephrase that. I'll say it the way I said it to a friend on the phone: "That was Evil Fiona. She did that to me the day we put out the recycle bins, so I didn't get to un-do that particular act of self-destruction." Yes, friends, the BERP is back to normal again, so I spent the day clipping magazines. And oh boy, I am so sick of clipping. We're talkin' massively, colossally sick of clipping.

But that's the whole thing with this project. I did not believe I was capable of doing this at all, but it is in fact happening, one magazine page at a time. All during the first 5-6 weeks I thought I was going to just get overwhelmed one day and quit. The fact that I haven't stopped doing the BERP is way more amazing to me than losing weight. Not because losing weight isn't hard—no, not at all—it's just that I have lost more than 100 pounds before, and I have lost all the way down to goal before, multiple times in my adult life. I haven't maintained my weight at goal for very long before, but I'll climb that hill when I get to it. I do think my approach is different this time round: I've never given up sugar before, that's for sure.

So anyway, I have a track record when it comes to losing weight. I have NO track record when it comes to tidying up my environment. Bob does the housework in our family. He even does my laundry for me. And he's doing every bit of the actual cleaning involved: he's been following me around with a vacuum cleaner and dust rag, as I move from one section of the BERP to another.

So this is totally amazing to me, that it's happening at all—let alone on a time table to be done before the kittens arrive!

But all is not completely peachy: I have, temporarily I assume, lost the ability to make a collage. I tried to make one over the weekend, and I couldn't do it. I couldn't do the picture-making that happens in my head, with my eyes closed, for at least a day or two before the picture-making that happens with paper and glue. My brain is too fried by clipping! =big sigh=

I know it will come back. I just need to get a chance to rest my inner eyeballs.

Anyway, maybe that was TMI, but I just don't want y'all to give me credit for recklessly tossing stuff. That was impulsive and wrong-headed, and it won't happen again. The BERP moves onward—constructively, not destructively.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #93
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I still need to take a shower,vacuum my room and give Clyde a bath, I get online and time just slips away LOL.

Im gonna go for my evening walk at 8:00 am and its 6:43 am right now so I still have a few hours before Im gonna go on my morning walk and then of course I'll walk at 8:30 tonight too.

Big Goal is the 2nd ticker

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #94

S/C/G: 327/278/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Terra I got my walk in last night. Waiting to hear your report about how Clydes bath went.
Fi whoops my bad. Sorry I was putting your magazines in the same catagory as my house items. I should have realized it is part of your artistic expression and not just stuff.
Sam so glad to see you back to your energized self. Thanks for sharing about your friend. I sometimes wonder what would be harder getting to goal or making the money for the surgery. I feel like if I can get and stay at goal I can do most anything!
Betsy I used to love camping. Hope you have a great time. Geez you must be one heck of a nurse if Bill is going back for seconds! When I was reading your thoughts on food as a reward I realized I use food as a reward and as a procrastination tool. When I am procrastinating I'm thinking of food more often then otherwise. I will tell myself I will eat this that and everything because "I am hungry" before I do my yucky task. As Terra would say..."Does that make sense?"
Silent try to stay under 300, so you don't have to deal with all that mental baggage.
I am doing better with food and exercise. I've gone back to weighing weekly and I like it. Also, I am making an effort to speak up for myself. Not as easy as it sounds but it sure feels good!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #95

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good morning all. With the sun starting to rise at 4:30 now, I'm getting up much earlier since I'm totally daylight driven. One would think that would mean I'd get a lot more done during the day. And one would be wrong. Seems like I just stretch what little I get done out over a longer period of time! Oh well, it's one of retirement's many blessings.

Terra And speaking of where the time goes, I totally understand the getting lost on the computer. What did we do in our lives before we all had computers in our homes?
Sam Your friend is the second person I've heard of who feels that the surgery is a good thing to have done. Start saving your pennies now and you may be pleasantly surprised at your age that a lot of your skin shrinks back. When I lost 100 pounds when I was in my 30s, I didn't have any excess skin to deal with. Thanks for the sun and heat......I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival!
Fi Your post was interesting in terms of viewing the weight loss as more of a been there, done that while the BERP is turning out to be a surprising achievement for you. I'm just the opposite. Have lost a lot of weight once, but have mainly been unsuccessful about it most of my life. But I can organize the heck out of anything. In the meantime, can I borrow Bob for a while? I've got a lot of cleaning to do here before company arrives in early July.
Ubee I thought realizing I use food as a reward was such a revelation for me until I read what you wrote about it also being a procrastination tool. Yep, we're on the same page. Glad you're sticking up for yourself. I would take on just about anyone if I felt they were picking on someone else, but if they pick on me I tend to just make a joke of it and absorb the hurt feelings. AAArrrgggg!

Totally vegged out yesterday so I really must get something done today in the yard. It didn't get out of the 50s here yesterday -- where the heck is summer (and, yes, I know it doesn't officially arrive until Saturday but it's supposed to be warmer now). I absolutely refuse to turn the furnace back on, but had the fireplace going yesterday to take the chill off. Have a great day everyone!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #96

Good Lord... get me through this day and the coming weekend! Today, a coworker who bakes the BEST cupcakes brought some in, along with a tin of peanut butter chocolate brownies, for another coworkers bday. I want one SO bad. I lost 2 pounds so far this week, I do NOT want to ruin it! Then, Friday we have a potluck at work, a cookout after work, AND Saturday we are going to another cookout, AND I have signed up to make dessert for each one (though I plan on shaving some calories by using reduced fat ingredients- shhh!). These are challenging times, ugh. HELP!

Starting Weight 6/02/14 313lbs.-
Current goal- 198 (120 lbs.) by next summer's Disney vacation- so I can possibly ride things with my kiddos!

Mini Goal #1- (10 lbs.) REACHED 6/28/14
Mini Goal #2- (20 lbs.) REACHED 7/18/14
Mini Goal #3- (40 lbs.)

One FOR EVERY 10 POUNDS LOST!
lili8184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #97
rockin' my 50s!

Good luck, lili! I'llbe thinking about you. Isn't there any way you can switch with the people making salads for the potlucks? Tell them you're on a diet: don't be shy. Anyway, just a thought...

Last edited by Fiona W : 06-18-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #98

Good Morning!
Fi how long until the kittens arrive?
Good luck lili!
Betsy how long did it take you to lose those 100 pounds and how long did you keep them off? Some days I am in such a hurry to get it off and others I figure I have to do this the rest of my life so what is the rush. I should get a move on so I can get some decent clothes.
How is everyone doing? Kinda quiet...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #99
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ I got my evening walk in last night also. I only got one of my items checked off of my to do list. I still need to give Clyde a bath and vacuum my room but I did take a shower yesterday. But just to let you know Clyde's bath's usually go well, I usually dont have any trouble giving him a bath.

Betsy ~ Yeah I have no idea what we did before we had internet on our computers at home, I love internet, Without the internet having just a computer would get really boring, I should know I had a computer without internet when I lived in my first apt. and all I can do was type which was okay cause I enjoy typing but like I said internet makes having a computer less boring.

I got my morning walk in, Im about to go to an appt. and I'll also get my evening walk in like always.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #100

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Good morning all. Up again early this morning. How come it irritated me so much when I was working but is ok now that I'm retired? (No answer required.....just about everything is better once one is retired.)

Terra Sounds like you're back in the morning/evening walk routine. With your temps, definitely the best time of day for that. I am a firm believer in living within one's budget and cutting out the frills, but I'm now to the point where while I might consider the deluxe cable package to be a frill, high speed internet access is now a necessity! Definitely some rationalization there since there are a lot of people here that go to the library, but it would drive me nuts to have to do that. How much this one invention has changed all of our lives!
Ubee It is quiet on here. I wonder where Larry, Dean, and Jane have gone to -- miss their posts. In terms of my previous weight loss, the first 20 pounds came off in about 6 weeks. I then maintained at that weight for 2 years while I went to grad school. Then when I started working and absolutely loved my job the next 80 pounds just kind of melted off in about 6-7 months. I was watching what I was eating and was walking 3 miles every day so I'm sure that helped, but I wasn't really focused on losing weight. It seems like it just kind of happened. In thinking back on it, it made me realize that when I'm really happy (as opposed to my normal state of being content from day to day), I lose weight with no effort. I kept the weight off for 5 years with about a 20 pounds yo-yo where I would gain some and then work to get it back off. It all piled back on -- and more -- when there were a significant number of major life change events (job transfer, broken engagement, father died, entire staff quit, etc.) all in the span of about 6 months. I was in my early 30s then and the weight definitely came off much more easily than it does now. Now I'm like the tortoise in the race -- slow and steady is my new motto. Some days it feels as though there are glaciers that are moving faster than my weight loss efforts!
Lili Man, what a trial! Good luck. Stick to it and we're all rooting for you to get through all these social events unscathed.

I got a whole section of yard weeded yesterday so that feels good. I'm going to take an elderly friend into town to get her hearing aids adjusted. We're all concerned about her as she's 94 and definitely beginning to slip mentally, but absolutely refuses to acknowledge that it's time for a move where she would have care when she needs it. She's very independent, gets around our little town in a scooter, and still goes to the gym to get exercise. Any suggestions on how best to help her would be appreciated! Have a good day everyone!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #101
rockin' my 50s!

Couple of rough days there: Tuesday & Wednesday I had lots of depression pain. I thought today was going to be more of the same: that's how it started. But after taking two Geodon, this morning's pain blew completely away. (Geodon doesn't often work that well.) I was able to get some critical pieces of mail en route, plus run a couple of tedious errands, without much stress.

I'm certainly hoping that's the end of my depression problems for a while, because I have a busy weekend ahead, with my niece Margaret coming over for dinner tomorrow night, and my great-niece Grace coming over on Saturday to do more sorting of clippings.

The BERP has been semi-stalled for a few days, but I have managed to clip some more magazines, including a very demanding one that took two & a half hours to plow through. I'm hoping I'll wake up tomorrow in fine fettle and can kick things back into high gear.

Ubee— The kittens will be 13 weeks old on July 18: that's the magic number. Some time shortly after that, I presume, we'll be driving to New Jersey to pick them up. I'm trying to get my breeder to set a date, but I haven't heard back from her yet.

Last edited by Fiona W : 06-19-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #102
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah Im definitely back in my morning/evening walk routine. Yeah I agree with you it would drive me nuts to have to go to the library to get on the internet

I didnt have time to get my morning walk in this morning but I will be sure to get it in tomorrow and I'll be sure to get my evening walk in tonight as well.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #103

Good Morning!
Terra how is the weather? I used to make my then slug teenager walk up to the library to use the internet. It got her out of the house and she got some exercise at the same time. Yes, she hated me for it.
Fi hope you are feeling better. It sounds like a busy, yet fun time with family. About a month until the kitties arrive!!!!
Betsy it seems you have found the magic answer! To lose weight we just have to find the gennie lamp so all goes terrific in our lives. So true what you wrote... Just goes to show we need to put ourselves first more often.

I caved and jumped on the scale today after breakfast. It bothers me how I can not go a full week without weighing. I will keep trying because I know one day I will get there.
I will get a walk in today! Have a good day.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #104
rockin' my 50s!

My niece Margaret was a no-show for our Friday plans. =pout= I think what probably happened is she got home after work, thought she'd take a quick nap, and was out for the count. I called her cell, which is always near her, three times—no reply. But she's slept through its ringing before. The evening was a bummer for me: expecting to see someone, drink wine with them, get a little loose...and then it didn't happen.

As for my great-niece Grace coming over on Saturday to sort clippings, have dinner, and then play with our art journals, she had to cancel: a critical Girl Scout meeting took precedence. =pout again= Her mother is distinctly cool to me on the phone, too, so it's a bummer when we converse about Grace's schedule: it's like pulling teeth to get information out of her. I'm probably being paranoid, but I feel like I'm this weirdo art person whose social cues and social mores are way distant from hers. Oh well, it's Grace I want to be friends with, not her mother. I've known her mother since she was like 3 years old, and I never have understood what makes her tick. I've been attracted to Grace since even when she was a bratty two-year-old. Funny how chemistry between people can work that way.

Sorry to be so downbeat. My monthly weigh-in is Sunday, and I don't give a flying f*** what the scale says. I'm just focused on the BERP. I intensely, desperately, want for the BERP to be over... but it's not. Weeks to go yet! Arrrggh.... I hope all this effort feels worth it, once the changes are really palpable, and the kittens have arrived and are exploring their new territory. Otherwise, it'll just be a bad memory, something to be well shut of, something I'll never do again—no way, no how. I hope our life never gets that cluttered again, but if it does devolve into that, maybe Bob is just going to have to live with it.

Every collage artist I know is a hopeless magpie, and their houses are full of stacks and stacks of paper and books, and their studios are messy middens like you wouldn't believe. Why am I working so hard to buck the trend and get all my stuff neatly squared away? One simple answer: Bob. He wants an uncluttered house, and I love him deeply, passionately...so I'm going to try my darndest to give him what he wants.

Last edited by Fiona W : 06-21-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #105
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ The weather has been nice for my morning and evening walks but its been hot during the day

My day started at 6:30 am even though I set my alarm for 6:00 am, I didnt hear my alarm go off at 6:00 so when I woke up it was 6:30 but anyway so far today I've taken my pills and thats it, Clyde is still asleep so I havent let him outside yet, Im gonna go for my morning walk at 8:00 am and its 7:48 am now. Im also gonna take a shower and give Clyde a bath today and go for my evening walk tonight.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.