3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: June, 2014

Old 06-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #76
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

When I finished my morning coffee and realized I was not in depression pain—oh joy!—I immediately decided I should work on the BERP. Bad idea. I worked for an hour and then suddenly hit the wall: I froze up like a catatonic. I was apparently moaning, because Bob came down and rescued me, taking the scissors out of my hand and telling me it was obvious I needed to take the day off.

"But I'm not depressed," I said. "I should work on the BERP."

"You need a break during which you're not depressed," he replied. "It's June! We're not up against the deadline yet."

And so I relaxed, and felt good again, and just sprawled on the couch for over an hour—so happy to be not depressed, and not working on the BERP.

It's a beautiful sunny day. I hope y'all are having a good Sunday!

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 06-15-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #77

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Fi do you enjoy sitting in the sun? Fresh air is a life saver for me.
Essie good for you!
Silent I am with you on trying to find balance between eating healthy and enjoying life and the food treats that help us celebrate.
Terra I got my walk in today. What about you?
Betsy so true about having to adjust our life goals/dreams.
Sugar and Sam sending warm thoughts your way.
Well, I am off to indulge and hope to find that balance I speak so fondly of.
Have a great day!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #78
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah Im glad Im back into my walking routine although I slept through my morning walk this morning Oops!!!!!!!!! I wont do it again but I'll be sure to still get my evening walk in though.

I need to clean my room sometime today either before I go on my evening walk or after

Started My Weight Loss Journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014

Started Tracking My Food On MFP May 13th,2014

Start 1200 Calorie Diet on June 11th 2014
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #79

Sorry that I haven't been posting much. I've been dealing with some family drama, and yesterday, I had to bring my grandmother to the hospital. She had a mini stroke, but she is doing OK. They kept her overnight for observation, but it is looking like she'll be spending tonight there as well.

I saw a number under 330 yesterday! Exciting, and I believe I will be out of the 330s permanently by the end of the month! I haven't exercised in a few days, so planning to get back to that. I've been doing great with the eating, but I had pizza last night even though my calories were spent. I didn't have take out, but went and bought a frozen pizza and put it in the oven. I'm not regretting it today, and I'm back on plan. I feel good, and I don't feel like this is me sliding backwards. I didn't lose control - I made a decision.

Now off to have dinner and look into some workout videos Hope everyone had a decent weekend.
autumn_owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #80

S/C/G: 340/264.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning Everyone,

Sorry I was MIA this weekend...Had that wedding to do on Saturday and Friday night I spent getting all my things together. I haven't worked out since Thursday and I'm kicking myself for it but I've been in a little pain and very worn out since the wedding on Saturday.

Everything went well with the wedding although I ended up working 10 hours that I wasn't expecting to be that long for what I charged...Lesson learned I guess. I ate some bread that night and some cheese that I probably over indulged in and now my stomach hates me for it. I've been so sick feeling and constipated since early early Sunday morning. My scale said I was up 2 lbs for my 5 month weigh in but I'm sure with me being stopped up that has something to do with it...I'm letting any gain slide because of that.

I really could have used a day off from work today so I can rest and relax but my boss is working from home today so I couldn't call in...I'm better off being here anyway...my angry stomach is just going to have to get over it lol...

Ubee I'm doing good...Feeling a little sick to my stomach but hey I'll get over it. Missed you guys.

Essie Welcome to the group, so glad that you are somewhere that you can feel comfortable in. We're all here for you!

Going to try and get a work out in this afternoon since I missed 3 days this past week. Hopefully my stomach will allow it.

Talk to you guys later!!

SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #81

Good Morning!
Terra I feel getting enough sleep is just as important as exercise.
Autmn yipee on seeing 330! You can do this! Your point about making a decision to havea pizza is well noted. I am working on the fact that this is for life not just until I get to goal. We need to learn to live and make decisions.
Betsy just want you to know I should be getting a big load of firewood this week. I'm going to have it dumped further away so I will have more lifting, carrying and walking to do.

Ubee is back and claiming SUCCESS! I had a hard time of it this last while but I maintained!!!!!!! I had roller coaster emotions, planned treats out, and lifes little stresses and I MAINTAINED!
Old 06-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #82
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yeah I agree getting enough sleep is just as important as exercise

In 10 mins Im gonna go on my morning walk and then of course I'll get my evening walk in today too

Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #83

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Good morning everyone. It's a cool, drizzly morning here, so no outside work today. Unfortunately, the list of inside work that can/should be done continues to grow.

Terra You must need the sleep, so walk when you can during the day. Maybe at noon?
Ubee Glad to see you back and sorry you had the hormonal heeby-jeebies last week. BUT congratulations on maintaining. I didn't have the hormone problem, and I've managed to regain the 4 pounds lost last week from the previous weight gain and am dizzy from the yo-yo affect. Good idea on the wood pile. Maybe if I had them deliver mine to my brother-in-law's house across the street (and down the very steep hill) it would help!
Sam Glad the wedding went well, but sorry that it took so much longer. Hope those gals gave you a good tip. Feel better!
Autumn OwlHope your grandmother is doing better and that the 330s are a distant and fading memory.
Fi Bob is a wise man.....listen to him. Glad the depression pain is gone and hope that you're doing a lot better today.
Essie Day 4 -- great start and we're here to cheer you on!
SilentArctic Are you to the sun-never-sets part of the year yet? Sounds like you've got a lot going on and quite truthfully, I think you're doing a pretty good job of maintaining while doing a lot of socializing.

Had a great day yesterday with the family. They have a new puppy who is absolutely adorable, and I think he's going to get to be an inside dog. Toby is going in today for his spa treatment -- bath, summer shave, nails clipped and ears cleaned. Hope he does ok -- he doesn't like people fooling with his hair at all but I need to get him groomed as I'm not sure how he sees with the hair flopping over his eyes! As for me......well, for the 1,000th time, I am trying to recommit and get myself into a steady rhythm.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #84

S/C/G: 373/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all....

14 days until I go home!!!

26 days until I turn 30.......

countdowns.... meh... right now it's all that's on my mind....

Betsy- love when doggies come back from the groomer.... my mum is taking ours in just a couple days before I get home (she is starting her every other year molt where chunks of hair just come out...and yet she is still a little fluffy butt! ) I get the recommit thing - I am putting my own thing on hold until I get home..just too much to worry about at the moment..... It will come and we will be here

Fi- breaks are good! Glad your husband rescued you!

Ubee- yay! *applause*

SamIam - glad to hear the wedding went well, but hope you are feeling back to yourself soon!

Autumnowl- sorry about your family drama, I think we all can relate to that concept. Glad you are doing well!

First mini goal
Drop 10%

Walk to Mordor 54 miles done 1715 left
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #85
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Getting back into the BERP today, sort of doing stuff at random, tossing lots of magazines without clipping them...

My breeder sent me a new picture of one kittenI don't know which one. She says the two who were slow to wean are now eating eagerly and gaining weight. I'm glad to hear that!

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #86

Good Morning!
Fi your kitten is so precious. Your BERP reminds me so much of weight loss. You are starting to just toss without clipping because your BERP needs to get done. It is when we start to just say no to treats because we are just so done with being fat/unhealthy.
Melissa sounds like you have some exciting days coming up.
Betsy did you ever think of doing a spa day when Toby has one? Any plans for your RV this summer?
Terra I did not get my walk in yesterday. How did you do?
Sam we cross posted yesterday. Hope things are moving for you today. As for undercharging well, I hope it brings you good karma.
I need my coffee! I hope it helps to get me moving. I need to get my walk in and watch my portions!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #87

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

So boo I gained... And no its not just water retention.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #88
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ It would rather walk outside for exercise then do Walk Away The Pounds inside, Im only gonna do the DVD when I cant walk outside, even though its harder on my feet walking outside on the street then it is inside on the carpet but my mom says I get a better work out if I do it outside then I would inside so thats another reason why I choose to walk outside, I walk in the morning cause it gets too hot during the day especially now since its summer time.

Ubee ~ Yeah I got my walks in yesterday, I didnt get my walk in this morning though cause I didnt hear my alarm go off but I guess it went off for an hour before my mom came in and woke me up its her day off but anyway its a good thing today wasnt tomorrow cause if it would of been I would of been late cause mom's only day off is on Tuesday so she wouldnt of been home if it would of happened tomorrow instead today, I hope that makes sense.

I cleaned my room Sunday afternoon so its all clean I just need to vacuum it now which I will probably do sometime today, I also need to give my dog Clyde a bath sometime today too.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #89

S/C/G: 396/348/160

Good morning all. To those of you experiencing summer, please send some this way. I looked at the plants in the garden containers on the deck and they all had on little coats (ok, that may be stretching it a little!).

Terra Still chuckling over your note to Ubee about not hearing the alarm and your mom's day off. Yes, it made sense!
SilentArctic Me, too.
Ubee Toby's spa day was a bust, more later. I've got a friend coming for a long visit in early July and we'll go camping. Plus, I'll be taking the boys camping several times now that school is out. Was going to take a trip in September/October, but my BIL has decided to get his other hip done and I'll need to take care of him.
Fi Good for you. Moving on to the pitching without clipping part is a big step forward. Maybe post-BERP set up a process so you never have to BERP again. Have a big box where all the mags and stuff that could be used in a collage go. When the box is full, either clip and toss or else just make it a rule that anything over X months old gets tossed. Your kitty is so cute with those big ears. I know you're eager to get them home with you.
Time4Me Lots of exciting things coming up for you in a few days. Enjoy the anticipation.

Toby's spa day didn't happen. When we got into the grooming room there was another dog being groomed who was doing the doggie equivalent of screaming. Really upset Toby who would not let the groomers even touch him. We took him out in the hall, and he rolled over on his back to get his tummy rubbed -- the ultimate submission position. So, I bought round edge scissors to be able to cut the hair around his eyes and some clippers, and I'll be grooming him here at home. He won't look as pretty, but he'll be happier. Maybe once I get him used to the scissors and clippers, we'll eventually be able to take him to a groomer. Actually, all the pictures I've seen show most Goldendoodles in their natural, shaggy shape.

Also realized yesterday that I had a bunch of things to do that I didn't want to and my only thought was of what food I could have for lunch -- and it was all on the forbidden list. Finally dawned on me that I use food as a "reward" for doing something I don't want to. I didn't give in to it, but spend at least 20 minutes thinking about getting Chinese take out or stopping at Wendy's etc. What's that saying? A second on the lips, a year on the hips (or in my case, 2-3 decades on the hips!).

On that note, off to the gym and then hopefully I'll be able to get some yard work done. It rained most of yesterday so it should be easier to weed!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #90
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Im glad I could make you laugh and Im glad what I said made sense

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.