300+ Chat Thread: June, 2014

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • Good Morning!
    I've gotten my walk in. It is a very windy, cool day with a beautiful blue sky and puffy white clouds. I love this weather.
    Melisa sorry you are going through such a tough time. What are your plans after you move back to the states?
    Autumn I hate exercise. I love going for walks and moving my wood pile. Find something you like and do that, BUT never call it exercise. My walks are more like strolls. Good job saying "No thank you!" to all the temptations. Proud of you!
    Fi I love how you are making progress in so many ares of your life. What does one put in an art journal?
    Terra how are the menus going? Giving any thought to going on a special diet?
    NSV for me! My husbands jeans were lying on the floor and I picked them up put them on and zipped them! Granted they were relaxed fit BUT I am getting there. 35 pounds from now I will weigh less then him! Not like he cares but I do! Poor guy he always thought at my heaviest I only weighed 10 more pounds then he did. Ah love is blind Thank God!
  • Ubee- I am only going back home to Canada for the summer. I am coming back to Egypt for another year of teaching in late August.

although I have lots of plans for the summer..... I'll share those details for a future post
  • Ubee ~ The Menu's are going good. Nope I havent thought about going on a special diet.
  • autumn owl Welcome!! I have PCOS as well and it has been a tough journey but eating clean and watching my carbs, sugar and limit my dairy to only a teenie tiny bit has helped me...I'm nearing a loss of 60 lbs since January. Stick with it and you will see the pounds come off. This group is amazing and I love the people here...They are truly a part of my family now.

Fi The kitties are getting so big! I know you can't wait for them to come home!! Sorry if I worried you...It was a really busy weekend for me with getting together with the bride I'm supposed to be doing her makeup, her mother's and 4 brides maids in 2 weeks...Other than that DH and I spent a lot of time outside so that's why I didn't have much time to post

Ubee Glad to see you back!! And GREAT JOB on the 4 lb loss!! WOO HOO!!! I'm hoping DH gets the answers we need from the doctor...Since his appointment last week he has completely stopped smoking (he is smoking an e-cig but hey that's a start) and has dove in full force with cutting out all the junk food and focusing on mainly juicing. He does eat a few snacks here and there and maybe one small meal a day but he says he is starting to feel great so he wants to keep up with it. He got on the scale today and weighed 253...He's lost almost 10 lbs since his doctor's appointment. He also finally told me what his starting weight was when he weighed himself 3 months ago...269 lbs...So hey he's lost 16 lbs so far!!! We've been getting outside more and making a point to going walking so I think that has helped him too...I know it's going to be a slow transition for him to get into working out more frequently but he's off to a great start! I am so proud!

Time Glad that your kids had an awesome show...So sorry to hear you having a bad day today...Just focus on one thing at a time and you'll get through it We're always here for you!

So this weekend was a killer for me...I haven't been that busy in awhile. Friday night I ended up staying up till midnight cleaning my makeup kit, my brushes, and melting down lipsticks into little pots that are stack-able and go into a special little case...Was not able to get a work out in. On Saturday DH and I went to the farmer's market as usual and I was so tired still but had my appointment to see the girl whose wedding is coming up in 2 weeks. I only had enough time to take a 30 minute cat nap until I had to get ready to go there. I ended up being at her house for 3 hours, not expecting that so when I got home I was so tired I passed out for a few hours. Woke up and ate a small dinner and went back to bed. No exercise for Saturday either!! Ugh I felt bad but hey these things happen and I'm over it. On Sunday DH and I went to one of the state parks and walked the nature trails at that particular one like we had done at one the previous weekend. It was great to be out in nature and it felt really good to be active with the love of my life. I'm so happy and proud of him at how far he has come in such a short period of time. He went from zero to sixty in only a few days and that takes a lot of gut and courage. It's still hard and he is struggling, like we all do, but he's doing it and I told him I'll be here every step of the way.

When I weighed in on Sunday I didn't lose any weight. This is officially my first plateau I guess. I stayed exactly the same, but I did lose in inches...1 inch in my waist, 1.5 inches in my hips and I think 3/4 inch in my bust...Pretty darn good for one week. I'm sure things will be back to normal when I weigh in this week. My goal for my 5 month weigh in on the 14th is to be around 280 to make a 60 lb weight loss goal...I'm going to try my hardest. I think I can do it

Yesterday and today I have been busting all kinds of butt to work out and work out hard since I need to make up for the days I missed this weekend. Last night I did a hard core ab exercise then went walking with my friend who is trying to get back in shape after having her baby this past October. She is already like 150 lbs and looks great but she's working on getting toned back up. Today I did 45 minutes of cardio.

My friend that moved to Wilmington, NC last month is still having a bit of a struggle to get started eating right, but I think she's on the right path, she's lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks..For her having PCOS and Hypothyroidism I told her that is a GREAT accomplishment. Hoping to get her to exercise a bit more, but I think she is off to a great start and I can't wait to see her succeed.

Sunday I went through all of my clothes and had to decide what I wanted to get rid of...All of my 3X and some of my 2X shirts are way too big for me now and I look like I'm swimming in them. Not a good look lol...I also got rid of most of my pants as they are a size 26 and 24. I am rocking a size 20 and 22 now. I did decide to keep one pair of pants that were a 24 because they still fit ok in the waist, but the legs are kind of big. It won't be long before I have to get rid of those first. I packed up a giant lawn and leaf bag full of clothes and set them aside for my friend so she could go through them when she comes down and see if anything fits her. I am wearing a misses XXL shirt and some plus size 1X and very few 2X shirts now. It feels great seeing my clothes fit so loose now and being able to down size my wardrobe. I actually can fit all of my clothes into my dresser drawers now haha!!

Anyway, Sorry this was such a long post! Just wanted to make up for the days I missed and let you guys know what's going on with me. Looks like everyone is doing good despite us all having a few struggles. We WILL get through them so don't worry! WE GOT THIS!!!

Night everyone!
  • time4me2chage - So sorry that work was so stressful and things are so stressful for you right now. Sounds like quite the experience to be able to teach in Egypt, though

Ubee - Congrats on the NSV! That's fantastic

SamIAm - That loss is incredible! Not only have you lost a decent amount of weight, but you've been keeping this going for 5 months? That is really great I'm guessing you're a makeup artist? How long have you been doing that for?

I did end up making it to the mall today. Unfortunately, my brother and sister missed out on the Toothless plushies at Build a Bear. Good news about that is that they should have them back this fall. Going to have to get there earlier next time since they sold out within 5 days this time around. Anyway, we were there for 2 hours - my feet weren't very happy with me. After the mall, I grabbed at scale at Walmart. Thankfully, I'm not too far above 330 - I am 336. One pound above my previous highest weight. I know the number on the scale isn't the most important part of this journey, but my first mini goal is to get under 330 I know that if I start exercising regularly, that shouldn't take too long.
  • Sam— Great to hear from you again! Congrats on losing those inches and getting into size 20 & 22 pants—sorry, gal, but just because you didn't lose any weight last week, it doesn't count as a plateau if you're getting smaller. I'm envious, but I know from experience that I have a good 40-50 pounds to go before I fit into those sizes. You must have a petite frame. And that's so wonderful to hear your husband is joining you now on the weight loss journey: Bob is getting more active because of wrestling with and playing active games with our grand-nephew Gavin, but he's still eating lots of snacks and cookies. I hope that once the BERP is over, I'll be able to prod him into doing some walking and eating a bit better.

autumn_owl— How terrific that you're getting more active and that you got a scale for yourself! And you set your first mini-goal: way to go! Don't worry about your weight: you start where you start, and right now the important thing is that you're taking those first steps.

Ubee— Way to go on being able to zip up your husband's jeans! It's such a good feeling to me that we're making progress together. The BERP is the biggest sustained decluttering effort I've ever done in my life, by a long ways, so I'm really working hard.

Melissa— Oh man, that deal with the scheduling mess-up at work sounds really tough! You sound like you're about as sensitive to stress as I am—it's a b**ch, isn't it? I bet you're really looking forward to having some significant time back in Canada to renew your energies.

I had a very productive day on the BERP, and I'm exhausted. Because we need more boxes to move the rest of the unwanted books out of the house, I switched my efforts to the kitchen, where I've had three full boxes worth of papers stashed, plus some stuff that wasn't boxed. Most of it dates back to 2008 & 2009, but I was surprised to discover that back then I was still hanging onto stuff from '00! Whoa, and even a letter from my father in the second box: that was stressful for me to see.

Y'all will probably think I'm callous to say this, but I'm not sorry at all that my dad is dead: he really tortured me psychologically right up 'til the very end, by refusing to let me fly down to Texas and say goodbye to him before he went. And then at the very last minute he did a number on me by telling my mother that he wished I were there with him! After he insisted on my not coming down! Fortunately my sister knew he had ordered me not to come, so when my mother started laying a guilt trip on me about not saying goodbye to him, she helped me convince her that it wasn't my fault...sheesh. He had really interesting handwriting, so I'm saving what was probably my last letter from him for use in collage. I may never use it, but that's better than just consigning it to the recycle bin.

I did have another dip in my mood in the late afternoon, probably because I was processing all that stuff. It wasn't as bad as Monday's, though. All the same, I thought sundown would never come and bring me relief. I like the longer days, for sure, but my diurnal rhythm is such that if I have a mood slump like that, I crave night time, which pulls me out of it. Just lying in the darkness and listening to my favorite deejay's rock-n-roll show was really restorative...

And I did my leg exercises tonight—my left leg, which is always tougher than the right. They weren't bad at all: even though I don't have time to walk these days, I'm moving around a lot and going up & down the stairs more frequently and lugging around heavy boxes & heavy bags of stuff out for recycling, so I'm a lot more active than I was before the BERP started. Good night, y'all!
  • Autumn Thanks for the love! It has been a hard 5 months but I'm keeping up with it...Everything is starting to get to be second nature for me. I actually crave good food now. I actually snuck 3 little pizza bites from the freezer that my BIL (brother in law) bought and ate them last night...They used to be my favorite snack but they tasted so awful to me now. Yes I am a makeup artist and an insurance agent. My day job is being an insurance agent and I've been doing makeup on the side for about a year and a half. It's my dream job but it doesn't pay the bills as of now so I have to keep working at a regular job for now.

Fi Well I guess since I am still losing I won't consider it a plateau Thanks for the encouragement. I am what I like to call a little stump lol...I'm 5'4 and have T-Rex arms and stubby legs. I'm learning that I actually am petite lol...Maybe I'll be able to see the full potential of my petite-ness one day I am really proud of DH and hope that Bob will join you soon too. Glad to hear he is getting to be more active with Gavin around. It sounds like the BERP is going really well...I know you'll be relived when it's all done!

We got new computers today at work so I spent the afternoon fiddling around with mine. It's one of those touch screen HP computers that have windows 8 on it. I personally like my Mac I have at home but some of the companies we have do not support on Mac so if I ever work at home it can be kind of tough. No exercise for me today...rest day...But I did help DH get some of the dishes done. We've been decluttering ourselves to get the house in order. I'm hoping when I get paid next week I can spend the weekend steam cleaning my carpets by renting a steam vac. They need to be cleaned desperately. Nothing else really going on. I finished my cleaning for the night but DH will pick back up on it tomorrow I hope. I love him but he is lazy when it comes to cleaning and always thinks of an excuse. I am just so tired after working all day then having to make sure I work out, which is more of a priority than having a clean house and making sure I eat a good dinner so it usually gets put on the back burner...You'd think I'd be used to doing it all since I have been doing it for so long, but at times it gets annoying. Though I can't get mad at him because I know it's because of his bad back, his depression, and a bunch of other things he goes through on a daily basis. I just try to get him up and doing something because I think it will make him feel better. When I do get him up it usually isn't for long, but at least it's something.

Anyway, I'm off to go get my dinner ready. DH already had his dinner juice. Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Can't let the day get away without posting.
    I am a GRANDMA! He is the sweetest baby! Just to share...when I held him I thought of how happy I am to have lost this weight because I don't want fat between us. I told him we had a crazy family but I would be here to help him.
    Sam that is so awesome that Rob is getting on board with you. Good for you for getting rid of your fat clothes! Did you keep something as a reminder?
    Fi I know you are not callous. I hope as you clean out the BERP you can clean out some emotional stuff too. It is so hard to do but I feel so empowered since I faced my demons. Good luck! You are wonderful and you deserve nothing but love!
    Autumn we will be rooting for you to move those numbers on the scale down.
    Terra I did not get my walk in today. How about you?
    Melissa whoops for some reason I thought you lived in Minnesota.
    Sweet dreams!
  • Ubee ~ Yeah I got my walks in today
  • Ubee— That's so fantastic you are a grandmother! Wow, I really love little babies—that wonderful stage when you hold them in your arms. =big smile= When I was a med student I picked up cash on the side by working as a baby nurse. I really loved that job.

I'm afraid I had a rough day. I had to deal with a full box with lots of images needing clipping. All the decisions I'm making are wearing me out: at one point I calculated that I was making some 200-400 decisions an hour. What to keep, what to toss. What to clip, how to clip it. Over and over and over again.

I had a pretty bad slump into depression pain that lasted far into the evening. It was especially frustrating because our niece Margaret and her 7-yr-old son Gavin came over, and sort of spontaneously they ended up staying for dinner. Eventually I couldn't take the socializing anymore, and had to excuse myself to take some extra Geodon and curl up in a ball on the couch. Embarrassing...

I can't believe I have to face the BERP again in the morning. I'm starting to hit the wall...
  • Good Morning!
    Terra I got my walk in today with my daughter. She is a speed demon and I had to keep slowing her down. If she has her way I will lose a lot of weight walking!
    Fi thanks! I am sorry the BERP is such a stress for you. Please do take care of yourself and take your breaks to recharge your battery.

Not much planned today. I have to run a few errands and putter in the kitchen. Just remembered I've been slacking on the laundry. It is a good day to hang clothes on the line. I best get to it.
    Have a positive day!
  • SamIam- thanks! Things have gotten better You have been crazy busy lately!

Autumnowl- I love teaching in Egypt! It's my third year here and I am definitely coming back for at least 1 more (but hopefully more, I currently only plan one year at a time though)

Fi- oh stress kills me physically. If it's not stomach issues, it's insomnia. If I can sleep, I have nightmares. Sometimes my eyes twitch, sometimes my neck and shoulders get incredibly sore. Sometimes all this happens even if I don't feel consciously stressed! UGH. Your BERP sounds like it's going well. Stay on it, it will be so worth it! I am so impressed with your progress too. I have to sort out my office this summer when I go home. Now that I've made a decision to stay more overseas, I really have to downsize what I keep in my mum;s house. Not an easy task at all.

Ubee- nope I am Canadian! but no worries there is no quiz on my residence

So today was my last day of classes (still have exams, and graduation etc, but teaching is done) and I had a great time with my Grade 9 Drama students. I had printed out 'oscars' awards for them, and wrote a personal award for everyone. THen I handed them out and explained why I chose what I did for each student. They were absolutely thrilled. After I let them take Oscar selfies, and we took a few class photos. They claimed I was their favourite teacher, and I know they loved this class. I will really miss them as a class, as they were fantastic to teach! We also watched their play and a previous performance they had done. Such a nice way to end the year.

Tomorrow I have brunch plans, and then a lot of marking to do.... Hope you all have a wonderful day
  • Ubee GRANDMA?!?!?! WOO HOO!! So happy to hear about your new addition!! Congrats!!!

Fi I'm sorry you had a bad evening last night. I'm sure that Margaret and Gavin were understanding. I know it can still be embarrassing though. That is a lot of decisions to make in an hour. I know it's tough but you are doing so well with the BERP I'm sure you've shed some more pounds. I can't wait to hear your weigh in this month!

Time Yay for teaching being over! Sounds like you are a wonderful teacher!!! The oscars sound so neat! Enjoy your brunch tomorrow!

Today was just like any other day...I am so precise with routine now that not much changes. Went to work, stopped at the grocery store, got home, forgot to get DH some carrots for juicing so I had to go back out lol...DH hurt his back today while cleaning out the turtle terrarium so he's taking it easy today. I just finished my leg day...My legs are dog tired today...Since I've gotten resistance bands to use in my routine it has become more of a challenge than previously, but I know it's helping me so I'm going to keep doing it. After doing my "Lower Body Jam" I did some leg kick backs with the resistance band and then did my weighted leg lifts...I did 100 or 110, I lost count haha!! I think it's almost time for me to get some more weights that will fit on my barbells. I also want to get one of the long straight barbells for dead lifts and more things of that nature. I really love lifting weights, and hopefully will help with the extra skin that I'm sure to get.

Tomorrow is Friday and I'm so happy!! This week seemed to go by quickly. This weekend I don't have any plans at all...Don't have to be anywhere, so I'm going to take the time out to enjoy myself. DH and I will more than likely make our weekly trip to the farmer's market on Saturday then who knows what else. I'm hoping the weather is nice, maybe we can get a beach day in. We are starting to make plans to go to the state park next Sunday and grill out and enjoy the park. We can't have grills at my apartment so this will be the next best thing and we'll have some nice scenery too.

I've been taking this herbal supplement called Vitex for about a month now to help me regulate my TOM. Sorry if this is TMI...I just wanted to tell you guys that it is actually working!! Ever since I stopped taking birth control I was worried that I might not be able to have a normal cycle without it but then when I heard about the Vitex I knew I had to try it..What would it hurt right? It feels great that it's working and I don't have to worry about taking the pill. It made me so sick I just did not want to have to take it any longer. I've heard it also helps women who are going through menopause with hot flashes and such.

I hope everyone else is having a great week! It seems like my moods are getting better and better! I don't think I've ever been this happy for such a long period of time...It feels so good.

Night everyone!
  • Ubee ~ Thats good that you went walking with your daughter today, My mom is a speed demon also so if I walked with her on a regular basis I would loose alot of weight also. I didnt get my walks in today, It was storming this morning and then tonight I forgot to set my alarm when I took a nap but I wont forget to set my alarm tomorrow if I taken another nap tomorrow and hopefully I can walk tomorrow morning as well but I dont know if I can cause I think the fore cast is calling for several days of storms.
  • Ubee- Can't believe I forgot to comment on this! Congrats on being a Grandma!