My fitness pal, calories seem low question?

• I read about how a number of chicks use My fitness pal's website on the threads, so I thought I would give it a go, since I was planning on seeing a nutritionist over the summer, it seems to have a HUGE database plus you can enter the food you make (seems easy enough) so I would have a lot of data to give her about what I eat

But when I entered in the food I was eating my calories are pretty far over the limit (a couple hundred a day) over the limit (it says like 1600 a day and I weigh 315lbs right now) and I'm losing weight pretty well (more than 2lbs a week) right now (and I am barely exercising)

I know that this seems like a stupid question, since I'm losing - but should I drop down to what fitness pal says? I now feel guilty about how much I am eating and it's mostly salads, fruit and veg and nuts. The only thing I can think of to do is keep doing what I am doing (eating to try to get fruits and veg in) as long as it works and then, maybe drop down if I get stuck (but so many of you up your calorie intake when you plateau?)
  • Just my two cents...
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    For me I can eat more calories as long as I am low carb. Not all of us believe a calorie is a calorie.
  • Ditto what Ubee said about not fixing something that isn't broken. As long as that works for you, keep doing it. Just use MFP to keep a food log (maybe to track your weight loss progress) and nothing more.

I follow what MFP suggests (right now it gives me a limit of 1810 without exercise). I am 324.
    What did you put in as your activity level?
    If you want to follow what they have suggested on there, maybe just increase your exercise a little to allow you more calories? That's what I do. Today I ate about 2015 cals (this is a little higher than usual for me, since I ate fast food today). With my exercise I ended up at a total of 1317 for the day.
  • thank you both, I was thinking I must be crazy to be eating so much, but you're right, if it is working I am gonna keep it the way it is.

thank you Ubee and alyssarof2012 for making me feel better on a rough day!
  • Hi. I use MyFitnessPal and FitBit to monitor my calorie intake and activity. If it helps, my daily calorie allowance is the same on both sites, so I figure it is pretty accurate. I am on a food provided diet of 1500 calories, which gives me HEAPS of food, and my daily allowance is 1893, so it gives room for a cheeky wine at the end of the day. I am only halfway through week three though - I imagine it will get tougher as I go.
  • No problem!