Old 05-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #1  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Question My fitness pal, calories seem low question?

I read about how a number of chicks use My fitness pal's website on the threads, so I thought I would give it a go, since I was planning on seeing a nutritionist over the summer, it seems to have a HUGE database plus you can enter the food you make (seems easy enough) so I would have a lot of data to give her about what I eat

But when I entered in the food I was eating my calories are pretty far over the limit (a couple hundred a day) over the limit (it says like 1600 a day and I weigh 315lbs right now) and I'm losing weight pretty well (more than 2lbs a week) right now (and I am barely exercising)

I know that this seems like a stupid question, since I'm losing - but should I drop down to what fitness pal says? I now feel guilty about how much I am eating and it's mostly salads, fruit and veg and nuts. The only thing I can think of to do is keep doing what I am doing (eating to try to get fruits and veg in) as long as it works and then, maybe drop down if I get stuck (but so many of you up your calorie intake when you plateau?)
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Just my two cents...
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
For me I can eat more calories as long as I am low carb. Not all of us believe a calorie is a calorie.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Ditto what Ubee said about not fixing something that isn't broken. As long as that works for you, keep doing it. Just use MFP to keep a food log (maybe to track your weight loss progress) and nothing more.

I follow what MFP suggests (right now it gives me a limit of 1810 without exercise). I am 324.
What did you put in as your activity level?
If you want to follow what they have suggested on there, maybe just increase your exercise a little to allow you more calories? That's what I do. Today I ate about 2015 cals (this is a little higher than usual for me, since I ate fast food today). With my exercise I ended up at a total of 1317 for the day.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 05-18-2014 at 09:51 PM.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #4  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

thank you both, I was thinking I must be crazy to be eating so much, but you're right, if it is working I am gonna keep it the way it is.

thank you Ubee and alyssarof2012 for making me feel better on a rough day!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I use MyFitnessPal and FitBit to monitor my calorie intake and activity. If it helps, my daily calorie allowance is the same on both sites, so I figure it is pretty accurate. I am on a food provided diet of 1500 calories, which gives me HEAPS of food, and my daily allowance is 1893, so it gives room for a cheeky wine at the end of the day. I am only halfway through week three though - I imagine it will get tougher as I go.
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

No problem!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote