3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Getting Fit After 40 # 321 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295414-300-getting-fit-after-40-321-a.html)

dgramie 05-01-2014 02:22 PM

300+ And Getting Fit After 40 # 321

300+ And Getting Fit After 40 #321
This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump in

dgramie 05-01-2014 02:28 PM

I can not believe it's May!!
I am 30lbs heavier than last May!
Just found out we have a big wedding next May. My niece is getting married. It will be a big fancy affair. I plan to be under 200 lbs by then. I always work best under pressure!

Food has been great so far today and I have resisted the candy again. I thinking Tom must be lurking about for me to crave sweets.

Dinner tonight will be fish and green beans.

gggirls 05-01-2014 08:47 PM

I didn't go back to see where I was last May but I know two years ago I was 28 lbs lighter - we spent our 20th anniversary in the Bahamas - I remember feeling so bad about my weight now I'm even heavier.

Annie - I read your post about the benefit of exercise and it really struck a chord with me. I truly feel much better emotionally when I swim - does wonders for my flexibility and state of mind. I will hit the pool this weekend!

Made the mistake of stepping on the scale this morning. Will wait for tomorrow for official WI but looks like I will find what I lost last week.

Let's do this!

dgramie 05-02-2014 06:53 AM

Weigh in today -3 lbs. I am happy in fact thrilled. I am down 7 lbs in 3 wks.

I drug out the old mini tramp and did 10 min on it. I know that isn't much but I was shooting for 5 and was able to double it. I am sore a bit this morning. If I could do 20 min a day I lose inches fast.
I will get outside today with my kids and enjoy the warmer weather.
I have a plan in place for the weekend if we eat out.

gggirls 05-02-2014 02:35 PM

I showed a .25 lb loss this week. Must keep the weekend reigned in to show better results next week. Lots of errands done this morning including getting two pups their summer haircuts. Need to work outside on the glorious day but may settle for a nap.

Let's do this!

Lucy Lastic 05-03-2014 05:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to behave myself the past few days.

Back to the doctor tomorrow for my official weigh in, but my scales at home indicate a loss.

I'm pleased that I am now exercising again on a regular basis - even if it's only for 15 mins on the walking machine.

Have some marking to do this weekend, so will keep me in the chair instead of mobile. So, must remember to make an effort to walk around.

I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend.

Bek.

gggirls 05-03-2014 09:13 AM

Good job Lucy.

I'm counting yesterday as a success - not POP but a success with good choices for our anniversary dinner. Most of our meal was brought home after we filled up on salad.

Lots of errands today including some me time with a hair cut and color.

Let's do this!

j-ann 05-04-2014 02:51 PM

Still battling with portion size and junk food. Hope I can get it all back together soon. I'm sick of whining about stuff I CAN do something about.

dgramie 05-04-2014 05:36 PM

Great day Friday and sat. Today I overdid it at lunch.

dgramie 05-05-2014 06:38 AM

Scales are up 2lbs but a day of pushing water should fix that. I am hoping to plant my garden today. I also have some stuff to plant in my flower beds.

Vortex_VVV 05-05-2014 09:58 AM

Hi all. I gave up for a while. I'm back.

Last May I weighed about what I do now. I've been basically maintaining for over a year. It's time to change that.

dgramie 05-06-2014 07:31 AM

Scales are back down. I spent a lot of time working on my garden yesterday. I planted a knockout rose and pulled plants that were out of control. I'm counting it as an hour of exercise. I will spend that again today or more.

Today is hubby's bday and I plan to make him a peach cobbler instead of a cake or pie. They are easy and don't tempt me. Lol

Angela I had missed you!!

Vortex_VVV 05-06-2014 12:33 PM

Hi Debbie, hope DH has a good day.

Still struggling a little here but I will try to keep posting. I know it helps me keep my head on straight.

dgramie 05-07-2014 07:40 AM

I had a great day yesterday. I ate half of the tbone I grilled for hubby's bday. I worked in the garden and it feels so good! My body is sore today!i even mowed the yard. Garden is planted! Flower beds are next!
Scales are being nice!! Looking forward to weighing Friday!

Vortex_VVV 05-07-2014 02:25 PM

WTG Debbie! Enjoy those flower beds.

Yesterday was better for me than Monday, but I still didn't manage to stick entirely to plan.

Today is going fine so far.

Lucy Lastic 05-08-2014 04:58 AM

I behaved myself at the weekend. Worked a night shift in CCU and got more exercise than I bargained for by performing CPR! Fortunately, a good outcome for the patient and very good exercise for me.

It was my birthday on Monday, so misbehaved with a long awaited treat of pork ribs but skipped the birthday cake - I'm pleased I could say no.

Still, Tuesday night, had a slice with the Ian and the kids. I felt mean saying no to the kids.

Vortexx - great minds - great to see you back, I just came back a week or so too.

Also, so pleased to see everyone else's success this week.

Bek.

dgramie 05-08-2014 07:08 AM

I had dessert at church last night. It was angel food cake with berries. I don't feel guilty. Servings were tiny of pasta. I came home hungry but didn't eat!!
No exercise other than a short walk.
Hoping for a nice weigh in tomorrow.

JuliaDH 05-08-2014 08:54 PM

Hello Ladies! It's been a few years since I've been here but it's one of the support systems I've had. Many changes in life unfortunately my weight hasn't been one of them!

Lucy Lastic 05-09-2014 03:34 AM

Had my four week weigh-in today and am very pleased - lost 10 1/2 pounds since I started back on my plan.

Managed to squeeze in a short walk yesterday and today is my 'big' day with 6 hours back to back teaching today and then a 10 hour night shift overnight, so will try to stay focussed and not eat rubbish for the sugar rush to stay awake.

I hope everyone is well and has a great weekend.

Bek.

dgramie 05-09-2014 07:22 AM

I have weighed the same for the past 3 days. I had my hopes set on losing big. I lost 3 lbs so that makes 10lbs in 4 wks. I am pleased to have lost for 4 wks. I still have a few hours of yard work left to do. I need to get to walking daily.

Vortex_VVV 05-09-2014 09:11 AM

Welcome back, Julia and Lucy.

Debbie, 3 pounds is GREAT. Losing for 4 weeks is GREAT. Well done!

I've had a couple of bad days but seemed to be pulling myself together yesterday. I've been trying to pop more B12 sublingual throughout the day, which seems to help reduce carb cravings somewhat.

So here's to a great weekend.

j-ann 05-09-2014 10:32 AM

Morning!

Welcome back ladies.

I had a POP day yesterday. It felt great since, lately, they have been few and far between. Hoping for another one today. Going to be in the 80's today so I'm getting the sweaty stuff done this morning. You all know how much I dislike hot weather. I may shoot for a nap this afternoon. The thunder phobic dog had me up for quite a while, off and on, last night.

dgramie 05-12-2014 07:24 AM

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. On sat we went to our sons for lunch and then to visit our moms. Yesterday the girls came home and I enjoyed my day.
My sister just found out she has breast cancer. This really hits me hard. This is not the sister who had cancer last yr.
I did great all wkend till last night and are a bit much. My youngest cooked and it was a bit salty and scales jumped up 3lbs.
Lots of yard work today.

lostbutstilltrying 05-12-2014 08:02 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is Heather, and I am....... over 40 :)

Wow, I thought losing weight was hard when I was young - but these days my bones make more noise than the pop rocks I ate way back then.

These days, it's easier to touch somebody else's toes than mine - but I won't give up, I am back in college and on my way to a new more active career and I have to be able to keep up.

I hope I can turn to you other old pros for advice when the going gets tough, but the tough can't keep going. Looking forward to it!

dgramie 05-13-2014 06:59 AM

Welcome Heather!

I had a good day on Monday. I mowed the yard and was planning on garden work but rain stopped me.
Food is planned for today.
Exercise is planned inside because of rain

RoseBred 05-13-2014 12:49 PM

New to this group

I am new to this group. Just joined this website support group yesterday. Not even sure how to post, etc. :).

I am Rose, a little over 40 years old, married, mom of four, and currently weighing in at 308, although have been up to 323 at one point. Wow, quite the run-on sentence there. I am from Hamilton, ON, Canada.

Wishing you all the best!

j-ann 05-13-2014 12:52 PM

Greetings Heather! Nice to meet a new "face".

I'm still struggling but doing a little better. I'm working on a grocery list for tomorrow. Need to stock up on everything! This is going to be a costly trip but, hopefully, will help me get fully back on track.

Warm here today. Without the high humidity making everything damp and breathing rough, it would be lovely.

AC in the car seems to be nonexistent so it's off to the mechanic on Friday.

Have a great day where ever you are.

j-ann 05-13-2014 12:59 PM

Welcome Rose. We appeared to be posting at the same time.

Glad you joined us.

lostbutstilltrying 05-13-2014 07:28 PM

I am too tired from school work to overeat tonight....... I had no idea that was a thing..... will get back on track with exercising tomorrow - hopefully this also gave my muscles a chance to heal from Monday's workout.

dgramie 05-13-2014 08:46 PM

I got in 40 min if exercise with a hoe. Garden looks great just in time for the rain. Today highs in mid 80s, tomorrow highs in the 60s. Lows in the 40s.

Hubby needed to drop off something in the next town and I wanted bedding plants. We hit Mexican for dinner and I over did it!!

j-ann 05-14-2014 02:47 PM

I'm POP so far today. A miracle may be happening. I think, at least for today, I have my weight loss mojo back. Grocery shopped early this morning and stayed to the outside aisles. No chips. No pretzels. No cookies, and no T.P. because I was concentrating on staying out of the other aisles. That's okay though. I still have several rolls before I run out. :)

I've got the rest of the day planned and staying w/i my points should be easy. I really hope so.

Weigh in tomorrow morning and, after that shock, I hope the following week will show a downward trend again. :crossed:

lostbutstilltrying 05-14-2014 09:44 PM

Do people get used to having salads for dinner after awhile?

I didn't eat many fruits/veggies most of today so decided to have a big strawberry and almond salad with poppy seed dressing. It was just OK, and I didn't get that "full and satisfied" feeling that you get after a big fatty meal and I don't know if it's because there really wasn't any fat to it or if it is one of those things you just have to get used to as you change your eating habits?

also, what does POP mean? is it perfectly on plan? that was the only thing I could think of and I see it come up a lot.

j-ann 05-15-2014 11:20 AM

Mojo still intact!

Added incentive today was that I must have been doing a bit more right than I though because, according to the scale at WW, I lost 3.4 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I ate a lot of junk but tried to temper it with good choices here and there. Still can't totally figure it out but it's got me tracking again and thinking about what I'm considering putting in my mouth.:dizzy:

lostbutstilltrying: Salads can be tricky as a meal. To get that full feeling you need protein. Maybe next time add some low fat cheese, or meat, or beans. I can't get beans down but they are a great protein source if you like them. POP = Perfectly On Program (or Plan).

Deb: Good job with that hoe!

Time to close up the house it's gonna be a hot one today then heavy rain and a big temp drop tomorrow.

Lucy Lastic 05-16-2014 04:55 AM

Hi Heather and Jo (and all of my other cyber friends),

I too struggle with salads. However, I struggle with almost everything because I seem to be missing that little sensation that says 'enough, I'm full'.

The weather is cooling down here now it's getting closer to winter but the days are still warm, it was 24 degrees celcius today (I think that's about 75 degrees) and I too detest hot weather. As a result, I've been very slack and not exercised for most of this week and will confess to turning the air conditioning on on Tuesday to make it cool in the house so I could walk on the treadmill.

My eating has been very good. I slipped up - or more realistically stepped out and had some chinese pork buns for dinner last night. I didn't have pizza like the rest of the family - so, a better choice.

Was 5 week weigh in today and another 2 pound loss, so all good.

Am half way through my 'two-faced' day today, long day with assessments and then 6 hours back to back teaching and start my night shift in just under 3 hours.

However, received a pleasant surprise when I saw a friend for the first time since I started back on plan and she was very vocal about how different I looked. It did feel good.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. My son competes again on Sunday and I am going to that straight after working a night shift Saturday night, so must make good choices which I do not do very well when I am tired.

Take care,

Bek.

dgramie 05-16-2014 07:24 AM

Weigh in today was up 1lb. I am happy with it because tom is here and I know it will drop when he is gone.
Hoping to walk today if it's warm enough to be out and have the kids out.
I have a plan for the weekend. It's always hard not being home.

lostbutstilltrying 05-16-2014 08:38 AM

Thanks everyone for the salad advice, I do need to figure out how to add some beans to my meals. The are full of good fiber and nutrients - so I am gonna make that my goal for next week!

I have to say I am impressed with how close everybody on this thread gets to perfect days - I am sooooooo far away from that, you guys miss it by just a thing or two, and then work it out the next day. For me, I am happy if I did like 60 percent of a daily goal (and those are pretty small goals with 1 built in cheat a day)

Do you guys get so frustrated at how long this takes? I am losing at a normal, healthy slow and steady pace - but 299 seems a million miles away. In my brain, I know that this took decades to put on and it wont take just months to take off - but man... I am hoping that eventually all these changes just seem like day to day normal behavior so that I can focus on other things and see how far I have come.

dgramie 05-19-2014 06:42 AM

Where is everyone???

Lucy Lastic 05-19-2014 07:28 AM

I'm here :dizzy:

This smiley really reflects my day. It's been a struggle and just when I think it can't get worse it does.

I succumbed tonight and settled for the comfort choice instead of the healthy option but have a plan in place for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is well.

Bek.

j-ann 05-19-2014 10:40 AM

I'm around just being quiet. Don't have much to say, I guess.

dgramie 05-19-2014 11:53 AM

My family is being cursed with health issues lately and this just reinforces why I have to lose this weight!!!!!