3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Getting Fit After 40 # 321 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295414-300-getting-fit-after-40-321-a.html)

Lucy Lastic 05-21-2014 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear of the illness and stressful times some of you have been experiencing.

Had a slip-up a couple of days ago - we had junk food for dinner (of the worst variety). We jokingly refer to it as Kan't Find the Chicken but the fat sure found me for the next few days.

It's taken me 3 days to lose the gain from just one small dinner. I didn't even eat what I used to .....

On top of that, I keep putting my size 10 in my mouth. I relieved for another lecturer earlier this week and was so pleased when I saw a student's name on the role. I worked with her mum 20 years ago and remember when she was pregnant with this student and even held the student in my arms when she was a baby. I was so excited, I told the student to say hi to her mum for me when she next saw her. Her Mum passed away at the age of 52 in January whilst we were in the UK. I know it wasn't intentional and that it can't be helped but I still feel so bad :(.

It's a busy week and I've not exercised at all but am hoping to pick up for the rest of the week.

Lostbutstilltrying - you mentioned a day or so ago that you were hoping to catch up to me soon. Please don't be too impressed, it's not all my own effort. I realised that I just couldn't do this by myself and accepted the offer of a pharmacological intervention and this is helping me to stay (mostly) on track.

However, hold your hand out and I'll try to pull you along beside me :).

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Bek.

lostbutstilltrying 05-21-2014 06:41 PM

Lucy Lastic, I would like that :)

Lucy Lastic 05-22-2014 03:49 AM

The hand is outstretched ......... grab a good hold

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome ;)

I remember those days and dread coming off my medication, still I've got at least 7 weeks to go before I need to deal with it. So, I'll just stick my head in the sand and keep going. I'll deal with the time when it comes.

Bek.

lostbutstilltrying 05-22-2014 01:43 PM

Lucy Lastic, sorry about the rough bump with the student and the memory of her mom - In my synagogue when remembering a loved one that has passed, we often say "May her memory be a blessing" In my personal experience I have found that at first the happy memory is accompanied by the grief I am still processing - but that later I am glad of the connections the lost person had because it reminds me of ways they still touch my life. Your student might be sad today, but smile later to know that was one more way she and her mom shared a connection.

On the fit and forty+ front - my raising the exercise bar this week means more popping and clicking joints (my right shoulder and knee). It's a bit worrisome actually, I don't know if I will be building up muscle that will stop this bone on bone action from happening or if i need to change what I am doing and protect those joints as much as possible - what do you guys think?

dgramie 05-22-2014 05:41 PM

I am slowly increasing exercise daily. My body is staying sore. I have to get the weight off so my body doesn't ache so much.
Food has been great again today and I am feeling hungry and ready for dinner. The past week I have cared less about food.

dgramie 05-23-2014 07:13 AM

Scales are down 2 lbs this wk. I expected more since I haven't eaten much this wk. I am down 12lbs in 6 wks. I am pleased and going to keep going. Losing at this rate will have me at 100lbs off in a yr.
I can slowly see my waist returning.
Being outside daily is really helping with the blahs I had in the winter.
I'm working the garden often , I wish my plants grew as fast as the weeds

We have no plans for the holiday weekend. I may do some staining outside. What are your plans?? I will be POP!!.

lostbutstilltrying 05-24-2014 06:00 PM

dgramie congrats on the 2lb loss! and your plan for staying POP for the weekend, and upping the exercise! Sounds like a game plan for me too!

Lucy Lastic 05-24-2014 09:18 PM

I hope everyone's plans have come to fruition. It's almost 12MD on Sunday here and my weekend is almost over.

I've been good this weekend except for one misdemeanour - just about 30 mins ago. I had three teaspoons of Nutella. Straight from the jar and it was lovely.

I'm annoyed with myself because I didn't stop at one. However, I am pleased with myself because I didn't finish off the jar as I would have done just 5 weeks ago.

It's the last week of teaching for the autumn semester this week. It can be a stressful week because major assessments are due and third year students are preparing for job applications. Their stress can be infectious. I know I have comfort eaten in the past but I've found that I don't now. I just seem to have odd cravings for some things and when I eat some, I'm satisfied. I just wish I didn't crave wrong foods so often.

Dgramie - how good is that! You're keeping up with my losses and doing it y yourself! I'm so pleased for you. I'm hoping to lose 100 pounds in 12 - 18 months, are you?

Lostbutstilltrying - how's things for you this week?

I hope everyone stays well, I'll check in sometime in the next few days. I am trying to check in more frequently. Being accountable seems to keep me on track.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Bek.

PS. Lostbutstilltrying, please feel free to call me Bek. I forget that it's me when you refer to Lucy Lastic :)

lostbutstilltrying 05-24-2014 11:32 PM

thank you Bek, I will! That's very kind of you :)

dgramie 05-25-2014 08:46 AM

Bek I lost. 90lbs 6 yrs ago and slowly gained 60 of it back. I know if it hadn't been for this site I would have gained it back a lot faster and would have gained more than I lost. I would love to get to goal. I know exercise is still lacking but I'm increasing it.

My daughter came home Friday and I got some time with her and the boys. I adore them! The baby is growing so fast!!
Hubby and I went to walmart and then out to eat. I got grilled shrimp on a bed or rice, drizzled with cheese dip. I ate all my shrimp and a little of the rice. I'm not a rice fan at all.
When we got home I push mowed the yard. It only takes about. 30 min. Great exercise !!
It feels so good to stick to my plan.
Today is gloomy and I am not cooking. It will be eat what you can find kinda day.
Tomorrow we will be grilling pork chops. I may do some deviled eggs and a salad. I need to plan a few meals for the week.

How is everyone?? Missing you Heather and Ruth!! Judy carol Angela where are you?? Everyone come out and post!

lostbutstilltrying 05-25-2014 11:51 AM

I am soooooooo sore today. With weightloss comes the return of TOM, and TOM plus double walk miles yesterday (plus stupid sunburn) = achy back. I have to much to do to be sidelined, gosh darn it. I took ibuprofen and it is not kicking it's butt so I might have to add acetaminophen.

Sadly it looks like it needs to be a day or two off walking until my back is better because Tuesday is gonna be swamped and I need my back in tip top shape because the job place sprung that physical on me way earlier than expected! Just gonna do my best on the physical and that is the best I can do.

j-ann 05-26-2014 07:26 AM

Going to try harder today to stay OP. Hopefully today I'll be successful.

Not much else to say.

For my friends here, in the U.S.: Happy Memorial Day!

dgramie 05-27-2014 07:26 AM

Wow where did my weekend go?? I did great all but sunday and it wasn't a bad slip up.
What's your plans for the week? What are you eating???

j-ann 05-28-2014 06:31 PM

Still battling junk and portion size. WW tomorrow is not going to be pretty.

The weather today was fantastic. Upper 60s. Partly sunny. My kind of day. Tomorrow should be the same. :)

Lost, wish I could still take Ibuprofen. I took a lot of it for years but a minor intestinal bleed put an end to that. Now I'm stuck with worthless Tylenol.

I'm going to try to get here more often. So many of us have been missing lately. :(

dgramie 05-28-2014 07:30 PM

Today was on plan. I still need to get a couple of waters down before bed. I didn't take the kids walking today. Humidity was high and one kid had to go to a funeral and I didn't want her smelling like a dog.
To be honest I kinda enjoyed a down day.