3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: May 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295408-300-chat-thread-may-2014-a.html)

Ubee 05-01-2014 10:31 AM

300+ Chat Thread: May 2014

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

Ubee 05-01-2014 10:49 AM

Good May Morning to you all!
Restless I'm sorry you have so many ailments. I give you kuddos for showing up to work everyday.
Sam good luck at your doctor appointment today. No more doughnuts!
Betsy the 80's is hot. 4.5 hours on your deck? I would be too tired to crawl into bed. I've been thinking I really need to work on my stanima. Most woman 10 years older then me can run circles around me, even the ones my size.
Terra When I was walking I was thinking of how you are just walking the pounds off. Slow and steady. Thanks for being a good example.
Fi how is BERP coming along?
Silent are you feeling any better?
Jane ,Dean, Jennifer, and Unsuspected thinking of you and hope all is going well.
Cookies did not turn out well. I had to make sunbutter from sunflower seeds. I had too many other recipes going at the same time so I took a shortcut...

silentarctic 05-01-2014 02:17 PM

Ubee - Not sure I'm okay just... stil have a sore throat, and still feel a bit uncomfy at times its not pain just... discomfort figure its nothing to worry about as yet. I'm fine.

Aerobics is cancelled today I need to drag myself to the gym instead I am so not good at motivating myself to do that kind of workout at the right intensity. Ah well will try and psych myself up this afternoon so that I'm ready to go at 5pm.

betsy2013 05-01-2014 02:40 PM

Good morning all and Happy May Day. It's gorgeous here -- can see all of us frolicking around a May Pole (that vision should provide some humor for most of us).

Ubee Love, you make me laugh. STOP go to May. Yes, it is hard to remember when it's no longer the previous month. You are a dear for making sure we at least have some idea what month it is. Thanks, again, for taking the initiative to set up the new thread. Ah, yes, a shortcut. My dad used to take those when out driving. One time we ended up in Wyoming......long story. Hope the next try with cookie making turns out better.
Silent Arctic Hope the sore throat goes away. It's been weeks since you've been at 100% and Ubee and I are beginning to take on the pallor of being wall flowers without you to take care of our social lives. I do admire you that you're still trying to work out -- good for you and seriously, I hope you feel better soon.
Restless OK, I won't be complaining about that little stiffness in my back from hefting the screens yesterday. Well, I will complain, but just not on here. YOur job sounds fascinating and the fact that you love it is such a gift. And, yes, this group is very supportive and I've learned so much about getting the weight off -- both from a dieting perspective but as much from a mental perspective.

I've just got to fill up the bird feeders and the upper deck will be finished. The screens are up, all the chair/table covers are stowed, everything is clean and now it's supposed to start raining again and get colder. I still have to plant all of the planter boxes that hang off the railing, but won't do that for another couple of weeks.

Food wise I lost 9 of the 17 pounds I gained during April. I'm beginning to feel hopeful that maybe this time I'll get down to my lowest and actually be able to keep on going instead of just regaining it for the 5th time. Off to the gym and then starting on getting the yard truly whipped into shape.

SamIAm86 05-01-2014 08:39 PM

Ubee Thanks for the kick in the ***! NO MORE DONUTS!!!! I needed it....and I know I will feel better staying away from it.

Silent Hope you psyched yourself up to work out this evening...It sucks when you still are under the weather though...Feel better love bug!

I had my ultra sound today. It was very uncomfortable and at times it was painful. The nurse who did my ultra sound was very nice and even apologized if she hurt me while she was moving the wand around. I could watch everything on a tv above me which was kind of cool...It actually helped keep me calm because I was so nervous. I could still see some cysts inside my ovaries when she pushed on my stomach to get a better look, but I couldn't tell exactly how big they are now since it was on a big tv. I won't know the results from them for about a week. I have to wait for the doctor to call me then I'll either go in or we'll just discuss it over the phone. I'm trying not to worry that anything bad will come of it. I already knew I had the cysts, I am just hoping that it hasn't gotten worse in there since the last time I was checked.

After my appointment I was very sore and felt like crap. When I eventually got home from work I just ate dinner and layed down for a little bit, but I did end up pushing myself to get up and try and work out. I decided just to do some cardio and not lift any weights to take it a little bit easy. I tried to do the Alpha Cardio from Focus T25, and by I'm not ready for that yet. There's so much jumping around that my fat is being thrown every which way and it kinda hurt...So I still have awhile before I can feel comfortable doing that. I just stuck to my Cardio Party on Turbo Jam.

Nothing much else to report...I stayed on plan today even with a company rep buying lunch for us I still ate a salad and just got one with a ton of veggies on it and added my own piece of chicken I had brought from home.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend! My friend and I are going to hang out, I'm going to treat her to lunch and who knows what else we'll do. Going to the farmer's market too on Saturday and maybe DH and I will get that walk in on Sunday on the beach that we like to try and do.

Night everyone!

sugar2go 05-02-2014 02:53 AM

Would love to join your "group", still looking for likeminded people that understand the length of the way if you want to lose more than 5-20lbs - all the struggles and worries -and that life has to go on at the same time...

Still haven't had the chance to read all the last days, so I just try to take my chance and get to know you all better over time.

Restless 05-02-2014 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I have tagged as my "Day One". I feel like Im cheating...bad. With all the health issues I have, I caved last week and saw my PCP and asked about weight loss meds. I have some pretty bad breathing issues, I use O2 when Im home and in my BiPap at night, and along with that, I have super bad pain making losing weight even tougher than tough.

OMG....Im rationalizing arent I? UGH I cant even explain right ;) >>jus' kidding<<

But I AM determined to get as much weight off as possible and as fast AND healthy as possible.

SO, Im keeping a journal where I'll record my blood sugars throughout the day, how Im feeling, what Im eating or going to eat, any exercise and just how Im feeling overall. I will also record the meds. I dont take many scripts other than pain meds and Metformin along with Insulin. But I do take some supplements and now Ive added Phentermine to the mix. (PLEASE dont yell at me for the Phen...Im still a little perplexed and feeling guilty, like Im cheating or something)

I just know I cant afford to waste time or ply myself and others with excuses. So, please can I share here and be a part of the support and care Ive seen here even if I am taking a weight loss med?

Here's an older pic of Killer drinking a bottle of water. LOL She's a true Diva and only drinks bottled or filtered water. This was taken when she was still NOT 17.7 pounds.!! LOL

Restless 05-02-2014 06:11 AM

Sam....
Ive had ultra sounds like that and they do hurt. A year or two ago they thought I had a blood clot in my leg so they did an US. Thankfully I had no clot but they sure slapped me in the hospital on bed rest fast enough. UGH.

I know its hard but please try not to worry. Worry never helps and it just makes ya feel yucky. I know thats easier said than done but just know you have a world of support here.

Restless 05-02-2014 06:15 AM

Betsy.

Congrats on the weight loss...that's pretty awesome. How'd you do at the gym? Im so jealous that you can do that. I would love that option, seriously love to be able to do that.

I usta love going to a local (H)Motel that had a huge warm pool that they'd open to the public during certain hours of the evening. It was like 20 bucks a month and you could swim as often as you wanted during those evening hours. Four years ago I moved to where I am now and just never looked for another place to go.

Have an awesome day. Im off work today because I started this new med this morning and didnt want to risk any side effects happening while I was at work. So I get to explore here and read and get to know y'all

Restless 05-02-2014 06:19 AM

Silent...please take care of you. A sore throat that wont go away is not cool, it's soooo draining and just makes ya feel ucky (my grandsons favorite word).

UBEE....where you at in Wisconsin if I may ask.? It's been so cloudy and cool and rainy the last couple weeks here. I live in Madison, just off of Highway 30 , actually smack between Highways 30 and 51.

silentarctic 05-02-2014 10:14 AM

Hey gals,

did 45 minutes on the eliptical last night IT thinks I burned 550 calories, I'm not so sure about that I tried to push myself but just didn't have the 'mojo' my heart maxed at 135 and was MOSTLY around 130. I did 20 minutes of weights and abs after that lame I know I should have done way more of that stuff when it comes to weight loss thats more important. I don't know maybe I should go to the tough love but I don't know if I can handle it.

Scale was down a little although I'm sure it was just dehydration or the fact that the VOLUME of food I ate was a little less , not real fat loss but...292.4 hopefully its starting a downwards trend and i can ditch the 290's in may. I have a follow up bloodwork and then appointment will be made in July so I'd like to be down at least afew more KG to prove that i'm trying. It seems lame but I'm okay if I could lose at least 2.5 kg a month I'd feel like I wasn't totally being lame.

betsy sorry you have to find someone else to live vicariously through. Repeteadly my friends and I say we are dull and boring no one believes us.

Sam - Thanks TGIF eh? Hope we have good weekends all around.

Restless - Thanks I hope I feel better soon too, at this point its just annoying not getting in the way of life though.

Ubee 05-02-2014 10:24 AM

Good Morning!
Restless I live near Green Bay. So I have to be honest. I don't get the whole thing where you feel like you are cheating. We all have to dance to the beat of our own drum. We are all so different and what works for one may not work for another. We all have the same goal, to lose weight, get healthier and look as fab as possible. Yes, we sometimes hand out advice but we all are a take it or leave it group. We get how hard and complicated this is. Glad to have you with us!
Sugar2go welcome! Don't worry about catching up just jump in and join us. When you are ready feel free to tell us more about yourself.
Sam hugs to you honey. Let us know how it goes. If it is any comfort my cysts popped. I'm proud of you for staying on plan during this difficult time. I will always call you out on the doughnuts. Been there done that and started a year long slight gain/stall. Not what you want!
Betsy 9 pounds down! Good for you! You and your imagination with a May Day Pole! Time for a second career in Hollywood!
Silent I hate it when a illness lingers. Please do get better, Betsy is starting to scare me with her May Day Pole! We need to pick your/our social life back up. If you think you are dull where does the leave Betsy and I??? Great job getting in all that exercise. Not sure if I can give you tough love you are so sweet. The scale is really moving down for you lately. Good job!
I had a light bulb moment. I have been eating like a horse. It started when I changed my exercise from the evening to the morning. I also noticed I only have that problem when I go on the treadmill. So a new change...try to walk outside or as a last resort go on the treadmill in the evening.
Also realized my clothes do not make me feel attractive. Going to work on changing that even if I do hate shopping.
Food is planned and I am done being fat!
Have a peaceful day!

Terra1984 05-02-2014 11:33 AM

Ubee ~ Im glad to hear I've been a good example and Im glad to hear that you were thinking of me while you were walking, I think about you when I walk as well.

Sugar2go ~ Welcome to the thread

Silent,Betsy,Sam and Restless ~ Hello Ladies

Im gonna walk for the 1st time today in 30 mins and then I'll walk again after dinner.

betsy2013 05-02-2014 12:41 PM

Good morning all. It's beginning to cloud over here in preparation for the rains returning. Hopefully I can at least get the front yard whipped into shape today before I give out.

Terra You're definitely our champion when it comes to getting outside and get moving. Time for me to stop procrastinating on that front and get walking more. Supposedly I don't because the a fib means I have shortness of breath some times and my knees hurt and my hips hurt and and and. But, knowing you walk at least 3 times a day means I can walk at least once. Thanks for the inspiration!
Ubee Today is Community Day here in our little town, and there will be a may pole with kids dancing around them. I'm not kidding -- it's a big event here, the kids get a half day off from school, and the whole town shows up. Old kings and queens are invited, but they don't have them do the may pole thing anymore because one year one of them dropped to the ground. She was ok, just cavorting around the May Pole was too much for her. Good for you on the breakthrough with the impact of when and what kind of exercise you do has on wanting to eat. I kind of feel like I had the same thing happen. With both of us lighting up bulbs from our insights, I'm surprised that the night sky wasn't lit bright enough to read by!
SilentArctic Sounds like you're doing so much to keep you on track in spite of still feeling punk. Wow. When I feel lousy, I tend to curl into the fetal position and not come out of it until I'm back to normal -- or what passes for normal for me. Keep up the good work. I totally get wanting to be down a few more pounds/kg when you go to the doctor. Doctors are our approval vehicle in so many ways -- especially since they're usually the ones who say something like "you need to lose weight" and assume that the weight loss fairy will visit that night, wave her wand, and the magic will happen. Good luck.
Restless I'm with Ubee -- taking medications to help with weight loss is not cheating. Finding what works for you is what's important. And you may find that posting on here helps not only with support, but with thinking through a lot of what got you to the point of wanting to lose a lot of weight to begin with. That's what's happened for me. Instead of jumping from one diet plan to another (my old habit), I've come to realize that 99% of my weight loss is tied in with modifying behaviors and is a mind game of sorts. So if the phen helps with getting you in the right place, then don't feel guilty about it.
Sugar2Go Welcome. Just jump in and start posting. It's a supportive group, we understand how long this journey is going to be for us and coming here helps to keep all of us on plan.
Sam So sorry that the ultrasound was painful, but glad that you have that behind you now. Can't believe that you came home and worked out. Good for you. Have a great weekend with your friend and DH.

The realization that I tend to have binge urges right after exercising and after a lot of house/yard/play time has led me to start carrying Tootsie Roll pops in my purse. They're 60 calories each, seem to stave off the mad desire for potato chips, ice cream, and chocolate (usually all 3 end up being eaten once I get started!), and for the first time in a very, very long time, I actually feel like I'm in control of my eating. Or at least getting in control. It's very empowering. Hopefully this will last, and even if I do slip up, that it will be easier to get back to than has previously happened. Most of you know that I've gained and lost the same 20 pounds 4 times now. This will be the 5th time I'm shooting to get to 333 pounds which is one of my milestones. I really think I can do it this time. A whole lot of the credit goes to this group with helping me think through what's going on and analyzing what's really going on in my head. THANKS! Off to the gym and then yard work.

Restless 05-02-2014 03:12 PM

Thanks for understanding!!! I just swore Id never take "diet pills" and maintained that for a billion years LOL. BUT...Im sick of wasting time and needed a good kick start. I do feel that I gotta do what I gotta do to get rid of this. It isnt something I plan on doing til _____.

So far I like the fact that Phen doesnt make me "feel"..anything...not hyper, not tired, no giddy, not not hungry. I just dont feel like eating. I know with taking insulin I have to be very aware so Im testing my blood sugars a lot and keeping glucose handy just in case.

Over all....I eat healthy and have for several years. I know most of my issue is eating too much or too often. Im hoping the Phen will "slow me down"..as in make me think before I take that first bite and that'll give me the cause to pause and decide if Im eating because Im actually hungry or if Im eating just to eat. Sounds kinda goofy I guess.

I swore Id never let myself get "here" and yet, lo and behold.....here I is ;)
How this happened Im not sure but it was a wild and crazy ride for sure.
Being in casts and on crutches repeatedly surely hasnt helped. Recovering from repeated knee and back surgeries is extremely limiting and face it...bottom line is they're ALL nothing more than excuses and that's what Im trying to get away from. Thanks for listening

....oh I shoulda warned y'all....Im a talker :carrot:

Fiona W 05-02-2014 06:54 PM

It's really happening! These days my mind is about 98% BERP. For the new folks, that stands for Big Entropy Reduction Project—a house-clearing and house-organizing endeavor on a major scale. I used to be a book reviewer, but in 2010, I rather suddenly became a full-time collage artist—old-fashioned paper, scissors & glue collage—so I have to collect paper. I also have a lot of art supplies. Not only that, but our house long ago hit its limit on how many books it can hold. We have full bookcases in every room in the house except the bathrooms, most of them floor-to-ceiling. We have books in stacks lining both the upstairs & downstairs hallways. We have books underneath some of the furniture. And we have boxes of books substituting for tables, crowding the kitchen & den & dining room, and taking up a lot of space in the basement.

So I'm working like a woman possessed to reduce the many piled-high stacks of magazines & catalogs to just clipped-out images I plan to use for collage, to square away all those clippings in my collage studio, to give away many hundreds of books, to organize & tidy up all the art supplies... basically to make it so we can see the floors!

My motivation is that we plan to be parents of cats again, after a long, sad, catless period since our last cat died on April 4th of last year. (We have no human children, by choice.) Our third consecutive pair of oriental shorthairs—like our last two pairs, a male & a female who are brother & sister, littermates—will be arriving in July. Orientals are very active, highly social with both people & each other, and as devoted to their human companions as dogs. And they are indoors-only cats: our breeder wouldn't sell them to us if we were ever going to let them outside. I want these new kittens to have lots of room to run & play & chase each other & climb & jump & generally get into trouble. =grin= They will not begin to slow down a bit and take occasional breaks as lap cats until they are at least two years old. Both my husband Bob and I are pushing 60, so being good parents to active animals won't be as easy as it was the last two times.

As for weight loss, it's taking place, slowly. I finally conquered my lifelong habit of binging (never purging) on sweets in late 2013, thanks to Kathryn Hansen's book, Brain Over Binge. I'm on a low-carb diet. I do half-an-hour of leg exercises every night. And now that winter is over, I'm trying to get myself into the habit of walking. We live very close to a lovely little park with a mile-and-a-half-long trail through woods, around a lake with mallard ducks & Canada geese. I feel so fortunate to have that trail, but in recent years I haven't been taking advantage of it as much as I should.

Restless— I want to add to the other voices saying that taking a medication like phen is not cheating. I have Bipolar Affective Disorder, for which I take a boatload of medications. You do what you have to do to be as healthy as you can be!

jacquelinerose— I'm impressed by how you're planning ahead, preparing yourself for the big journey. I've been on 3 Fat Chicks since the fall, and I think this thread is in fact an amazing support group. =smile=

Betsy— I'm so pleased to hear about how you're getting your mind on track, and congrats on your 9-pound loss!

Ubee— I really appreciate the gentle butt-kicking I got from you (& others) on your Tough Love thread. I'm afraid I won't have a lot of time to hang out there, though, not until around August or September. This will probably be my last long posting for a while on this thread, too. I have SO much to do! =pant pant=

Terra— Way to go on that walking, and you're really rolling on the weight loss front as well!

Sam— So sorry, girl, to hear about your painful experience with the ultrasound: I hope you hear what you want to hear, when the results come back. As for your workouts and your cardio, you are a rock star!

silentarctic— You haven't had a lot of luck with fending off infections these past several months, have you? But good for you that you're exercising all the same! Bob has a bad cold right now, so the viruses are out there making mischief, that's for sure.

sugar2go— Welcome to the thread! Does your handle mean you're going 100% sugar-free? That's what I'm doing, with rare dark chocolate treats spaced months apart. (My last one was for my birthday in February.) I'm astounded at how much more energy I have now that sugar is out of my life. Anyway, like Ubee said, don't be shy: tell us about yourself, when you're ready.

Jane, Dean, anyone else who hasn't posted recently— I hoping you're doin' well. If not, please telll us about it, and get some love from the group!

Terra1984 05-02-2014 10:17 PM

Betsy ~ Im glad to hear that Im everyone's champion when it comes to getting outside and get moving.

Jacqueline ~ Welcome to the forum and this thread

Fiona ~ Thanks for commenting on my weight loss and walking

I got two walks in today, Im gonna go for 3 tomorrow though.

Athena92 05-03-2014 02:42 AM

Hi! I'm Dany and I'm 22. I'm a little hesitant to comment because I always end up giving up. I just can't hold myself accountable so I'm hoping I can find a couple buddies that can help whether it's on the forums, messages or texts. I want to be healthy, but I don't think I can do it alone.

I have psoriatic arthritis and I'm having the worst flare up today. I've never been so achy before. My hands, arms and ankles hurt so much. I took a walk to the store yesterday so I think that may be the reason for the flare up. I went from sitting at the computer every day to walking 30 minutes so I guess my body is in shock?

I don't even want to think about exercise at the moment, but I'm going to try to get in some lunges. Only twenty, but it's something. :)

Atalanta83 05-03-2014 07:03 AM

Hi. I am new here and on day 2 of a calorie controlled Lite'n'Easy diet.
I am from Australia, so we measure in kgs not pounds, but the last time I weighed in, I was well over the 300 pound marker. It is so depressing.
I have joined this forum to meet some cool people to support and be supported by, who understand what it is like.
All of my RL friends are skinny and hot. They are supportive, but they don't get it.
So, hi! What kind of stuff do you guys/gals talk about in here?

Restless 05-03-2014 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mornin People.

It's awesome to check in here and see y'all and read what you're doing feeling or thinking.

I gotta whine a lil. I havent slept but a couple of hours since Wednesday. I sleep literally just a few minutes at a time. It bytes!!!

Ive taken my buddy Phen two mornings now and aside from a slight headache, Im not noticing any side effects. I like the fact that Im not hungry at all. I have to remember that I do still need a caloric intake of at least 1000 calories to keep losing and not get sick, especially being a diabetic.Im so hoping I dont. I wanna use this to get a good kick start on losing then taper and stop. I dont want it long term. I plan to do a 3 month on 1 month off if anything. I know that will lesson the possibility of tolerance and still remain effective.

One thing I really need to figure out is when Im really hunger versus just wanting to eat. Im noticing that a little bit this morning. I KNOW Im already missing my beloved homemade Cinnamon Rolls with buttercream frosting. OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE them early in the morning with fresh hot coffee. But like so many other things I do, I cant do it in moderation.....oh **** no, it's ALL or nothing. UGH

Have an awesome day people.

Terra1984 05-03-2014 10:20 AM

Dany & Atalanta ~ Welcome to the thread

As soon as I feel wide awake Im gonna go walk for the 1st time today and then I'll walk again before we go shopping and then I'll walk again after dinner.

silentarctic 05-03-2014 10:39 AM

Morning all, so I'm a little cross with myself, I am up afew lbs , and back at my ticker weight (i was , i thought shifting closer to 290) but now it was 293.6 this AM which isn't acceptable. I had THOUGHT I did enough activity to counteract the sketchy food choices I had yesterday.

Ex I thought that fish and chips would be counteracted by a 2 hour hike...
And I thought if I only had 2 beers a night full of dancing would be okay. I also didn't snack at all.

Usually post alchohol consumption I am slightly dehydrated so to see the scale move UP more than 2lbs is a little disconcerting.

On the flip side, afew of my friends were hilarious last night and kept telling me how skinny I looked. It's just hilarious to me that a 300lb woman gets called "skinny" my friends are funny. I guess that outfit is a keeper. lol :)

betsy2013 05-03-2014 02:39 PM

Good morning all. It's a very overcast and soon to be rainy day here in the Northwest. Guess I have no excuse not to get the house work done some time today!

SilentArctic Oops! Sorry about the momentary (because I know you'll get it back off) upward swing. One of the hardest things to know is exactly how much exercise is necessary to even begin to counteract what we eat. I know the owner of our gym said that one should never believe what is posted on the various pieces of equipment as they are way, way too generous in their calorie burning assessments. It sounds like you had a good time with your friends and sometimes having a life that results in a pound or two is worth it. You've had such a tough time of it lately with feeling awful that I'm just glad to hear of you going out. And keep those friends......and that outfit!
Terra That's where I've been making my mistake with delaying walking -- I'm not waiting until I'm wide awake. OK, that's probably an excuse! Hope your walk was enjoyable.
Restless Glad you seem to be feeling more at ease with taking the Phen. And, you're right. Learning the difference between eating when you're hungry as opposed to just eating because it's time or habit is one of the hardest things to do. Glad you're monitoring the diabetes closely as well. You can do this. And since I'm a talker myself, we will fill up the thread with posts! :-))
Atalanta Welcome. You live in one of the countries that is definitely on my bucket list to visit. Please be sure to share some of Australia's customs and foods with us. And, yes, this is a great place to get support from a group that knows that this is going to be a LONG journey to get to a healthy weight. And, I think that we have some additional challenges in terms of changing our entire eating habits as well or else we wouldn't have reached this point. We're all very supportive and encouraging and even sometimes offer some great weight loss suggestions. Just share what you're comfortable with sharing.
Dany Welcome to you as well. Sorry about the psoriatic arthritis. I've got plain ol' arthritis that was definitely aggravated by my weight so I have some inkling of what you experience. Hope the pain eases for you.
Fi Not posting????!!!!! NO (that last was a loud and drawn out scream). I understand your desire to get on with BERP, but we need your insights and wisdom here. At least promise that you'll be posting pictures of the babies when they arrive and links to your latest collages. I already miss you!

I'm kicking myself this morning. After declaring yesterday that I had a much better grasp on why I get out of control on my eating, I lost control. Man, there must be an anti-smugness fairy floating around out there, because I definitely had an off plan day. So, I've now realized that I tend to lose control when I'm tired from exercising or working in the yard, when I'm bored or lonely, AND when I'm trying to avoid work that I really don't want to do. And when you're retired, that means that about 90% of one's day is dedicated to eating. Might explain the problem! ;) So, I'm re-committing today. And I will get the house cleaned up in spite of not wanting to do it! Have a great rest of the weekend.

Ubee 05-03-2014 03:54 PM

Just a buzz by! I'll be back to overly chatty tomorrow.

Fiona W 05-03-2014 04:18 PM

Betsy— Oh, you silly person, who failed to read what I said.... =smile= I didn't say I wasn't going to be posting: I said that it would be my last long posting for a while. I'll still be checking in, and of course I'll post pics of the kittens when they arrive! As for my collages, well, not all of them are funny or cheerful, so I'll stay selective about which ones I give y'all links to. It's awfully sweet of you to say you wanna see them. In case anyone wants to bookmark my whole collection, at the more viewer-friendly ipernity site, here it is. If you click on "Albums" on the horizontal grey bar, you'll see the different categories of stuff I have there, including one for "Cats" which has photos and paintings of our previous pairs of oriental shorthairs.

Larry H 05-03-2014 09:19 PM

I have been gone from 3FC for quite a while. On April 13th I got a terrible case of the chills. I was shaking head to toe from being cold and every part of my body was in pain. I put an electric blanket over me turned to the highest setting. That did no good so I placed a second electric blanket over the first one and put it on high also. I was still shivering uncontrollably so I put a regular blanket over the two electric blankets and I continued to shake with cold chills. Strangely my temperature was normal for me 97.6. About four hours later I changed to a hot flash and dumped all the blankets. The next morning I was back to uncontrollable chills and asked DW to drive me to an Urgent Care Clinic. After an exam the doctor said I had pneumonia, he gave me antibiotics and a prescription for an x-ray. I was called by a nurse at the urgent care clinic later that day and was told the x-ray showed I did not have pneumonia but it showed "Chronic Fibrotic Scarring Changes to my Left Lung Base" A quick search on the Mayo Clinic web site indicated this was probably Pulmonary Fibrosis. If so the prognosis is not good. My father died of this at 54. I made an appointment with a pulmonologist and he is sending me for a breathing test this Monday before making a diagnosis. At this point my mind is racing with possibilities.

silentarctic 05-03-2014 09:47 PM

Larry - I hope you have better luck than you think you will. Truely sorry to hear you have not been well. :(

Ubee and Betsy - I am reporting in, you might think this if fun. Today for her "Clara's Big Ride" Clara Hughes did a short talk and photo op in our town. Since I don't believe you are Canadian, a little background... Clara is a multiple Olympic medal winner, she has won medals in both summer (Cycling) and winter olympics (Speed Skating) pretty legendary in Canada. She is doing a toure to raise awareness of mental health issues. With Bells "Let's Talk" campaign). If you are bored or curious google "Clara's Big Ride" there is a whole webside explaining it.

Anyways onto the ME of it all because I am apparently responsible for the entertainment in your lives... We got our nerdy on ...I eventually gave into a "podium" photo. We snuck it in while Clara was doing a wardrobe change, I was "gold" since I was tallest and then my friend who was avg heighted wore the silver and my more petite friend wore a bronze medal. And we stood as if we were a podium. Nerdy and I can't believe this photo exists of me now! And then got photos with Clara, stopped by a craft sale, ended up buying and taking lunch and eating it with another friend and then went into work.

Anyways major olympian passing through our town counts as excitement in this neck of the woods. Now I go to my dull night of cleaning (and more probably .... ) watching a movie by myself.

Atalanta83 05-04-2014 01:03 AM

Thanks for the lovely welcome, everyone. Day 3 for me and going well so far. The diet I am on is called Lite N Easy, not sure if you have that in the USA. They provide all of my meals for me, so all I have to do is master the microwave (which I did years ago... thanks, pizza pockets). I am on the 1500 calories a day menu. I have been happily surprised by some of the meals - I even had bacon and eggs on toast this morning! Sure, it was the boring, non fat, part of the bacon and the addition of spinach was something I wouldn't have done in the past, but I really enjoyed it. Just had a chicken breast and salad wrap for lunch which I liked to (except I picked off the cucumber, ew).

One thing I was interested in knowing is if anyone else has paid much attention to the BMR mathematic equations, ie what is your BMR, how many calories a day does your body need, vs how many calories you eat. I was on a site earlier

www(dot)shape(dot)com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/ask-diet-doctor-how-many-calories-should-i-eat-lose-weight

And using the math, I burn 3034 calories a day, so eating 1500 should equate to a weight loss of 3 pounds a week. Geez, wouldn't that be nice.

Numbers help me, I think, so I need to find some scales that go up high enough - any recommendations?

silentarctic 05-04-2014 09:08 AM

Atlanta : I think nowadays you should just be able to go to walmart and get a scale (digital) that goes up over 300. Afew years ago I had trouble finding ones that went over 330 (i needed it to go to 350) but most of the ones I saw went up to 330. I think if you are willing to just look around the scale section of your stores it should be fine, I think I got mine at Canadian Tire (its like a sporting goods/car maintenance supply, all purpose kind of store... ). At least in canada 330 seems to be the 'standard' limit for most scales I've seen not sure about in your country though obviously. .

silentarctic 05-04-2014 09:19 AM

oh as for me up another two lbs that phillipino food was a BAD decision (salty and carb loaded). Need to eat clean today... just enjoying tea I will have my breakfast in a bit.

I put some adzuki beans, chickpeas and kidneys in water to soak, and a lb of lean ground beef out of the freezer to thaw. Now all I need is to get tomatoes from the store (and if I'm lucky cilantro but I'm not holding my breath). And I can make up a quick pot of chilli hopefully that will get me through part of the week.

I really need to get back on track and having meals pre-ready really helps with that.

Terra1984 05-04-2014 12:42 PM

Betsy ~ Yes I had an enjoyable walk yesterday, Now that its summer I need to get up when it gets day light and walk and then walk while the sun is going down so that way its not that hot outside like it is during the day. Today is suppose to be 100

betsy2013 05-04-2014 07:09 PM

Not even going to pretend that it's a good afternoon (weather wise) because it's started raining again and I didn't get the grass cut before hand. Oops!

Fi I must have confused short post with no post.......you and I don't do short posts too often. Just glad you will still be posting. I need a Fi fix on a regular basis as you look at things from a different perspective than I do, and I enjoy that. Makes me think. Let's me remember that I do still have a functioning brain.
SilentArctic Atta Girl! Get out there and provide that social stimulus that Ubee and I need. Your podium picture sounds like a hoot, and I live in a small town so I know how big a deal it would be if someone famous ever went through here. Glad you're getting back into the groove.
Atlanta Sounds like you're off to a roaring start, and I think that helps so much with getting into the mindset to stick with a plan. I like some of the numbers, but also use them with a grain of salt. But I do think that when used on a regular basis, they can help to show progress in a very clear manner.
Terra I laughed at first when you said that summer had arrived, but then I saw how hot it was supposed to get there. Yikes! Getting up early and walking in the evenings would be a necessity. Or come out here -- I've got on a sweatshirt and am wondering if perhaps I should give in and just turn the furnace back on.
Larry I'm so glad that you have posted again as we have been worried about you. And it looks as though there was reason to be. I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through and know that the waiting time until you get the test results back from the pulmonologist will be very difficult. I hope you know that we are all pulling for you and hope that the initial diagnosis from the nurse was more of an assumption than a true diagnosis.

My nephew came out today to work on my desktop computer which kept freezing up and wouldn't fully boot up and on my iphone which had stopped allowing me to send messages. It's definitely a love/hate relationship with technology. He also changed some light bulbs that had burned out that required getting up on the ladder. So, I fixed meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and applesauce for dinner and made him a batch of cookies. I ate too much and definitely had too many cookies, but I also don't plan on eating supper tonight. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I wonder if I'll ever be able to sit down where it's served family style and not overdo it!

Ubee 05-04-2014 08:48 PM

Posting for today...
Promise I'll be back tomorrow!

SamIAm86 05-04-2014 08:53 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in the past couple days everyone...When the weekend comes it's like I am always so busy with something or another that I forget to post...

Sugar2go Welcome to the group! Everyone is very loving here, you will love it and it is very helpful if you post often.

Restless Thank you for your kind words. I've put my thoughts on the whole situation on the back burner so I don't get worked up until I know what they say...I've got more important things like looking after my health and weight loss to worry :)

Silent Glad to see you're gettin back in the game, and congrats on the weightloss! Any work out is better than no work out...just remember that :)

Ubee Thanks for the hugs <3 I needed it :)...You are right I don't want a stall, so no more doughnuts :D

Betsy Thanks for the love. I'm glad it's behind me and hopefully won't have to have another one for a year or so. I'm happy you're making goals for yourself...it's good to do that and it really helps with the process I'm finding. You are a busy bee and I so envy that in you! I work out even though I don't like to lol...But when it comes to house work I am LAZY! I did however get a lot done in the house this evening...I even broke out a sweat so there's my work out for today hahaha!

Fi Thanks for the love too! I know the cysts are still there, so that won't be a surprise...just hoping they haven't gotten bigger. The one appointment I am dreading is the endocrinologist appointment in June. I really don't want to be put on Metformin, but my OBGYN said it may be a good idea to help with my weight loss...:\ I don't know

Dany Welcome to the group! Everyone is very loving and encouraging in here. You will fit right in, just post often ok? That will help out TONS!! Coming here really makes me accountable because I've got people in here who are going to call me out if I need to kick in the butt to get going again....Hope you stick around for awhile!

Atalanta83 Welcome!!! We will be your support system! We all understand in here what you are going through so post often ok?

Larry I'm glad to see that you took the time to post and let us know what is going on. I was worried about you. I'm sorry to hear what is going on...Hopefully the doctor will be able to give you the right things you need to get through this. If there's anything we can do please let us know! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Well I am 2.8 lbs down this week, and 4 inches off my body..I'm pretty happy with it! That puts me down to 296.2!!

Went out and had lunch with my friend on Saturday and we did a little shopping. We went to Goodwill and I tried on a bunch of different clothes..Most of them fit but I ended up only getting this one nice white tank shirt with beautiful bead work on it. It's going to be great for work. I also made a trip to the vitamin store and purchased some Vitex to see how that helps with my monthly cycles instead of the birth control. DH isn't too happy that I'm not taking the birth control but I told him to let me try this and see what happens, if it doesn't work then I'll just go on the birth control again...I just really hate that it masks my symptoms instead of helping the root cause. Also after talking to several women who were on the pill and had PCOS said it made them worse after getting off of it...I don't want that to happen to me....I also worry about blood clots because women with PCOS are more likely to get them taking the pill than women who don't have PCOS...We'll see what happens. My friend is moving in less than 2 weeks, but she wants to get on the band wagon to lose weight. She just was diagnosed with PCOS as well, but has hypothyroidism as well. I told her it is going to be hard but it can be done and I'll be there to support her any way I can but I can't tell her when to start, she has to be ready and just do it...She has always been one to talk but she never does anything so I'm not going to push it until she's ready..that's all I can do...It's going to be harder once she moves but we can still talk every day and skype and stuff :)

Well I was just taking a break from cleaning before I go do my Sunday meal prep...This week I'm going to have my usual oatmeal with berries for breakfast and do taco-less taco salad...It's so good and I haven't had it in awhile...Tomorrow is Monday so it's time to MOVE!!!

Night everyone!

Fiona W 05-04-2014 09:47 PM

Howdy y'all...just checking in briefly to say that there's been a lot going down this weekend on the emotional/family front. My sister called yesterday to say that my mother, who's got Alzheimer's and lives in a fancy "memory care" facility, started throwing things & pouring hot coffee on other people, so she's been hospitalized on a special geriatric psychiatry unit. The good news is that she's being cared for by a board-certified geriatric psychiatrist: I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that, because I've been worrying for a while that she might be depressed and heading for a breakdown. The bad news is that she's not doing all that well. Also, my sister and I had a little exchange of words, because...oh I won't go into the details. Anyway, tonight I am very relieved because my sister called me back, and we were able to repair our loving relationship with each other. My sweet little sister had the courage to call me back and make that happen! But now I'm exhausted, because I didn't take the day off from the BERP—I worked hard at it all day—so i need to crash. G'night everyone!

Larry H 05-04-2014 11:09 PM

Last night I had shaking chills again. I used an electric blanket in bed set on high with a second blanket on top of that and I put on fleece sweat pants. I was cold the entire night. At about 4 am I got up and took my temperature with a digital oral thermometer. It read 95.6 F degrees. The Mayo Clinic web site says that 95 and below is a medical emergency for Hypothermia. About 10 am I took my temp again as I was no longer shaking but still felt cold. It had gone up one degree to 96.6 F. Tomorrow I will call my doctor for advice.

Restless 05-05-2014 04:24 AM

WOW !!! It is so awesome to come here and see the support y'all have for one another. Im still trying to read thru stuff and figure out who's who ...hopefully eventually I'll catch on and can respond to each of you. Please be patient, I dont ever mean to ignore anyone.

I love the feeling of hope in seeing how far y'all have come in your weight loss journey and all the tips and tricks and advice you each have offered to one another and now, even me.

Larry...isnt it miserable to feel so cold? I was so cold and wrapped in a mink blanket since early Friday morning. It was horrible though nothing Im sure compared to what you're going thru. Stand strong

Terra1984 05-05-2014 07:49 AM

Betsy ~ Yeah I think its safe to say its definitely summer now, I just looked up the weather there in Washington state and its alot different there then here.

Im gonna walk here soon before it gets hot out and then I'll walk again before it gets dark

sugar2go 05-05-2014 09:21 AM

Hi there -
thanks for your warm welcome. I hope soon to find more time to get to know you all better.

About myself?
I'm 36, way too heavy and not sure where I really want to be in life right at the moment. So I make getting healthy and feeling lighter and getting to know myself again my top priority. (My boss just calls from behind - I think he also wants his part of my attention) :)
Well my nick is not saying that I abstain from all sugar - more that - there is not only coffee to go, but sugar to go - it came from a joke a friend once made, saying "When you're with me, I can drink coffee black." The man is done, the name kind of stayed.

I started "dieting" - or better changing my behavior regarding food and life in general on April, 10th - and up to now I'm quite happy with that. Lost the first 15 lbs, eat loads of healthy food.
But it is still there - the fear of not being able to stay on track. I feel more lonely the longer I'm on this track and I dislike myself because I made myself so unhappy and so fat - without any real reason. I'm deeply into emotional eating and stayed too long in a relationship that was not good for me (but silly as my heart is, I still love this man. He went on, but I still stay here. Not waiting, but still not understanding) - I gained about 50lbs throughout the last 3 years of relationsship. I don't want to lose weight to prove anything to anyone, apart from myself - that I'm totally worth all the good stuff. (you would never think all that if you get to know me - I'm "bigmouthed", strong, self confident - so - as you all might know - putting up a good show most of the time)
I normally love my life and have few but really great friends - but they all live spread throughout my small country and it get's lonely just having myself for company.
I never really connected to the people around here, and was lazy to meet new ones, because either I spend time with the guy - or with waiting for him. Sounds totally dumb - and it was.
I'd love to go to the gym (do you call it that??) again, but at the moment I feel too heavy for that and started doing more steps and walks during the evenings...

Today is a day full of work and headache - but I'm happy to be here with all of you - that feels right.:)

I hope you have a great day! (or night?)

silentarctic 05-05-2014 11:31 AM

Hey guys Up 5lbs... 297 grumble... I snacked too much the past few days. Seriously!

Betsy - I'm with you buffet or food infront of me is killer.

Sam - Awesome that you found a cute goodwill find :)

Terra mmm hot... I wish we could take an average, it was super windy yesterday so felt cold. Too cold here to go on a comfy walk too warm there.. the avg would be nice lol :)

sugar2go - yes its called "Going to the gym". :) hope you like it here.

Restless - You'll get it, we don't always have the time either to keep up. Well I don't.

Fi - sorry your going through that stress.

Larry - Hope your Doc can offer some relief.