Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #31  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yes I had an enjoyable walk yesterday, Now that its summer I need to get up when it gets day light and walk and then walk while the sun is going down so that way its not that hot outside like it is during the day. Today is suppose to be 100
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Not even going to pretend that it's a good afternoon (weather wise) because it's started raining again and I didn't get the grass cut before hand. Oops!

Fi I must have confused short post with no post.......you and I don't do short posts too often. Just glad you will still be posting. I need a Fi fix on a regular basis as you look at things from a different perspective than I do, and I enjoy that. Makes me think. Let's me remember that I do still have a functioning brain.
SilentArctic Atta Girl! Get out there and provide that social stimulus that Ubee and I need. Your podium picture sounds like a hoot, and I live in a small town so I know how big a deal it would be if someone famous ever went through here. Glad you're getting back into the groove.
Atlanta Sounds like you're off to a roaring start, and I think that helps so much with getting into the mindset to stick with a plan. I like some of the numbers, but also use them with a grain of salt. But I do think that when used on a regular basis, they can help to show progress in a very clear manner.
Terra I laughed at first when you said that summer had arrived, but then I saw how hot it was supposed to get there. Yikes! Getting up early and walking in the evenings would be a necessity. Or come out here -- I've got on a sweatshirt and am wondering if perhaps I should give in and just turn the furnace back on.
Larry I'm so glad that you have posted again as we have been worried about you. And it looks as though there was reason to be. I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through and know that the waiting time until you get the test results back from the pulmonologist will be very difficult. I hope you know that we are all pulling for you and hope that the initial diagnosis from the nurse was more of an assumption than a true diagnosis.

My nephew came out today to work on my desktop computer which kept freezing up and wouldn't fully boot up and on my iphone which had stopped allowing me to send messages. It's definitely a love/hate relationship with technology. He also changed some light bulbs that had burned out that required getting up on the ladder. So, I fixed meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and applesauce for dinner and made him a batch of cookies. I ate too much and definitely had too many cookies, but I also don't plan on eating supper tonight. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I wonder if I'll ever be able to sit down where it's served family style and not overdo it!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Posting for today...
Promise I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I haven't posted in the past couple days everyone...When the weekend comes it's like I am always so busy with something or another that I forget to post...

Sugar2go Welcome to the group! Everyone is very loving here, you will love it and it is very helpful if you post often.

Restless Thank you for your kind words. I've put my thoughts on the whole situation on the back burner so I don't get worked up until I know what they say...I've got more important things like looking after my health and weight loss to worry

Silent Glad to see you're gettin back in the game, and congrats on the weightloss! Any work out is better than no work out...just remember that

Ubee Thanks for the hugs <3 I needed it ...You are right I don't want a stall, so no more doughnuts

Betsy Thanks for the love. I'm glad it's behind me and hopefully won't have to have another one for a year or so. I'm happy you're making goals for yourself...it's good to do that and it really helps with the process I'm finding. You are a busy bee and I so envy that in you! I work out even though I don't like to lol...But when it comes to house work I am LAZY! I did however get a lot done in the house this evening...I even broke out a sweat so there's my work out for today hahaha!

Fi Thanks for the love too! I know the cysts are still there, so that won't be a surprise...just hoping they haven't gotten bigger. The one appointment I am dreading is the endocrinologist appointment in June. I really don't want to be put on Metformin, but my OBGYN said it may be a good idea to help with my weight loss...:\ I don't know

Dany Welcome to the group! Everyone is very loving and encouraging in here. You will fit right in, just post often ok? That will help out TONS!! Coming here really makes me accountable because I've got people in here who are going to call me out if I need to kick in the butt to get going again....Hope you stick around for awhile!

Atalanta83 Welcome!!! We will be your support system! We all understand in here what you are going through so post often ok?

Larry I'm glad to see that you took the time to post and let us know what is going on. I was worried about you. I'm sorry to hear what is going on...Hopefully the doctor will be able to give you the right things you need to get through this. If there's anything we can do please let us know! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Well I am 2.8 lbs down this week, and 4 inches off my body..I'm pretty happy with it! That puts me down to 296.2!!

Went out and had lunch with my friend on Saturday and we did a little shopping. We went to Goodwill and I tried on a bunch of different clothes..Most of them fit but I ended up only getting this one nice white tank shirt with beautiful bead work on it. It's going to be great for work. I also made a trip to the vitamin store and purchased some Vitex to see how that helps with my monthly cycles instead of the birth control. DH isn't too happy that I'm not taking the birth control but I told him to let me try this and see what happens, if it doesn't work then I'll just go on the birth control again...I just really hate that it masks my symptoms instead of helping the root cause. Also after talking to several women who were on the pill and had PCOS said it made them worse after getting off of it...I don't want that to happen to me....I also worry about blood clots because women with PCOS are more likely to get them taking the pill than women who don't have PCOS...We'll see what happens. My friend is moving in less than 2 weeks, but she wants to get on the band wagon to lose weight. She just was diagnosed with PCOS as well, but has hypothyroidism as well. I told her it is going to be hard but it can be done and I'll be there to support her any way I can but I can't tell her when to start, she has to be ready and just do it...She has always been one to talk but she never does anything so I'm not going to push it until she's ready..that's all I can do...It's going to be harder once she moves but we can still talk every day and skype and stuff

Well I was just taking a break from cleaning before I go do my Sunday meal prep...This week I'm going to have my usual oatmeal with berries for breakfast and do taco-less taco salad...It's so good and I haven't had it in awhile...Tomorrow is Monday so it's time to MOVE!!!

Night everyone!
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #35  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy y'all...just checking in briefly to say that there's been a lot going down this weekend on the emotional/family front. My sister called yesterday to say that my mother, who's got Alzheimer's and lives in a fancy "memory care" facility, started throwing things & pouring hot coffee on other people, so she's been hospitalized on a special geriatric psychiatry unit. The good news is that she's being cared for by a board-certified geriatric psychiatrist: I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that, because I've been worrying for a while that she might be depressed and heading for a breakdown. The bad news is that she's not doing all that well. Also, my sister and I had a little exchange of words, because...oh I won't go into the details. Anyway, tonight I am very relieved because my sister called me back, and we were able to repair our loving relationship with each other. My sweet little sister had the courage to call me back and make that happen! But now I'm exhausted, because I didn't take the day off from the BERP—I worked hard at it all day—so i need to crash. G'night everyone!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Last night I had shaking chills again. I used an electric blanket in bed set on high with a second blanket on top of that and I put on fleece sweat pants. I was cold the entire night. At about 4 am I got up and took my temperature with a digital oral thermometer. It read 95.6 F degrees. The Mayo Clinic web site says that 95 and below is a medical emergency for Hypothermia. About 10 am I took my temp again as I was no longer shaking but still felt cold. It had gone up one degree to 96.6 F. Tomorrow I will call my doctor for advice.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #37  
~~

Height: 6'

WOW !!! It is so awesome to come here and see the support y'all have for one another. Im still trying to read thru stuff and figure out who's who ...hopefully eventually I'll catch on and can respond to each of you. Please be patient, I dont ever mean to ignore anyone.

I love the feeling of hope in seeing how far y'all have come in your weight loss journey and all the tips and tricks and advice you each have offered to one another and now, even me.

Larry...isnt it miserable to feel so cold? I was so cold and wrapped in a mink blanket since early Friday morning. It was horrible though nothing Im sure compared to what you're going thru. Stand strong
Old 05-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #38  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah I think its safe to say its definitely summer now, I just looked up the weather there in Washington state and its alot different there then here.

Im gonna walk here soon before it gets hot out and then I'll walk again before it gets dark
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #39  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Hi there -
thanks for your warm welcome. I hope soon to find more time to get to know you all better.

About myself?
I'm 36, way too heavy and not sure where I really want to be in life right at the moment. So I make getting healthy and feeling lighter and getting to know myself again my top priority. (My boss just calls from behind - I think he also wants his part of my attention)
Well my nick is not saying that I abstain from all sugar - more that - there is not only coffee to go, but sugar to go - it came from a joke a friend once made, saying "When you're with me, I can drink coffee black." The man is done, the name kind of stayed.

I started "dieting" - or better changing my behavior regarding food and life in general on April, 10th - and up to now I'm quite happy with that. Lost the first 15 lbs, eat loads of healthy food.
But it is still there - the fear of not being able to stay on track. I feel more lonely the longer I'm on this track and I dislike myself because I made myself so unhappy and so fat - without any real reason. I'm deeply into emotional eating and stayed too long in a relationship that was not good for me (but silly as my heart is, I still love this man. He went on, but I still stay here. Not waiting, but still not understanding) - I gained about 50lbs throughout the last 3 years of relationsship. I don't want to lose weight to prove anything to anyone, apart from myself - that I'm totally worth all the good stuff. (you would never think all that if you get to know me - I'm "bigmouthed", strong, self confident - so - as you all might know - putting up a good show most of the time)
I normally love my life and have few but really great friends - but they all live spread throughout my small country and it get's lonely just having myself for company.
I never really connected to the people around here, and was lazy to meet new ones, because either I spend time with the guy - or with waiting for him. Sounds totally dumb - and it was.
I'd love to go to the gym (do you call it that??) again, but at the moment I feel too heavy for that and started doing more steps and walks during the evenings...

Today is a day full of work and headache - but I'm happy to be here with all of you - that feels right.

I hope you have a great day! (or night?)
Old 05-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hey guys Up 5lbs... 297 grumble... I snacked too much the past few days. Seriously!

Betsy - I'm with you buffet or food infront of me is killer.

Sam - Awesome that you found a cute goodwill find

Terra mmm hot... I wish we could take an average, it was super windy yesterday so felt cold. Too cold here to go on a comfy walk too warm there.. the avg would be nice lol

sugar2go - yes its called "Going to the gym". hope you like it here.

Restless - You'll get it, we don't always have the time either to keep up. Well I don't.

Fi - sorry your going through that stress.

Larry - Hope your Doc can offer some relief.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
It feels so good to be back. What a busy weekend. For the newbies you may have wondered about my "Just posting" comments. I've made a comittment to post everyday and some days that is all I do when life is crazy.
sugar2go none of us are lazy or dumb including you. We struggle and have challenges. Once you spend more time with us you will not feel so alone. I too was afraid to go to the gym but decided what the heck and went. Even the skinny minnies were so supportive. Everyone no matter their size or age is just trying to be healthy. We bought our own treadmill when the gym cost doubled but it did teach me to just do it and not worry about the other guy. Post often and soon you will have a whole group of friends from around the world!
Terra I can not comprehend how warm it is by you! My furnace is still running! Today I was reading an inspiration email about the tortoise and the hare and I thought of you quietly and slowly BUT steadily dropping the pounds. I need you to keep posting to remind me this is not a race but a journey and to just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Thank you!
Restless I bet Killer loves your mink blanket! I too am an all or nothing girl. I gotta work on moderation.
Larry I've got you and your wife in my prayers. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Fi please take care of yourself during this stressful time. I am so glad you are still posting. I will miss you on the tough love thread. You brought wisdom and kindness. I know that as you work On BERP the weight will come off. As we shed our too much of anything it ends up shedding our too much weight.
Sam that PCOS sure gives you a lot to think about! I'm glad you are such a strong and smart young lady! Plus your positive attitude will always help. Good luck. Yipee on the weight loss!
Betsy I got a good chuckle out of your menu. All the classic comfort foods. You are such a good auntie-mom. I was just thinking the same exact thought about family style meals today. I just can not stop. It is like holding my breath for an hour. I can not do it YET.
Atalanta there is a calorie counters section on the main page? of 3 Fat Chicks. They have a lot going on over there. But, please stick with us also. One can never have too much support.
Silent thabk you for having some nerdy fun! Betsy and I are so in on that! I live in a small town also. I heard we were out dancing too! As for your cilantro, when it is in season I grind it up and freeeze it in lime juice or olive oil depending on what recipes I may want. You can make it in ice cube trays and then put in a freezer bag and take out how much you need.
Dany try to make your weightloss about committment not motivation.
As for me, my weight stayed the same this week. My house is looking well not so good. Time to get my butt in gear.
Silent just saw your post. Hang in there and post often that is when you do your best. What is going on with the snacking? Social time, bored, tired???
Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #42  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Betsy & silent— Have either of you tried that slow belly-breathing exercise I described? It really works! And there's solid evidence, based on brain scans, that it activates the "executive control" portion of your brain (right behind your forehead), the part in charge of willpower. If you're anticipating a meal, an evening, whatever, where you may be tempted to overeat or eat unhealthy things, take 10-15 minutes beforehand to do that exercise. If you (or anyone else) need me to describe it again, I'd be happy to do so.

sugar2go— I love the explanation of your name: that's sweet. I adore women who are big-mouthed, strong, & self-confident, especially when they're large! I hope you'll join us in posting every single day. That's the best thing you can do right now to keep yourself on track and feel less lonely on your weight-loss journey. If you think you don't have anything to say, write about what's going on in your life, your past, your background, your history of emotional eating, anything at all. I have another question for you, if you don't mind: are you German, or did you move to Germany from somewhere else? If the latter, where are you from?

I'm busy with the BERP today! Weeks of this yet ahead of me....
Old 05-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. I'm in a can-do mood/attitude today which is great -- love it when I feel this way and have to admit that it's happening more frequently......I know it's tied in with the days getting longer.

Fi Yes, I've tried the belly breathing exercise, but it's almost impossible to take 15 minutes right before eating when one is the cook and trying to get a meal on the table. Also, I fell asleep the last time I did it. I need to work on awareness and I'm getting there. Good luck with BERP today. Just read your post about your mother -- so sorry that your family is going through this. Alzheimer's is such a devastating disease, but it sounds as though she's getting excellent care. Glad you and your sister made up, too.
Ubee Had a duh moment this morning and realized that I do much better when I dish everything up and take my plate to the table. So, I've decided that even if I am serving family style which is whenever the boys and their families are here that I'll do my plate and that's it! I watch Bill limit his portions because a) he's diabetic and has to and b) has the will power that I covet. We can do this. Actually, I'd like to put up a screen on the table with me sectioned off so I can talk to everyone but can't reach the food. We should go into business making them!
SilentArctic We all go up and down. Do you do a graph that shows your weight loss over a period of time. I remember reading on another thread that it's a very up and down line if looking at just a few days, but if looking at the trend over months that it's usually a steady downward trend. I'm big on visuals so maybe I need to start graphing.
Sugar2Go One of the best things about 3FC is that you'll find that you're not alone in what you're feeling. Everyone who has weight challenges share a lot of the same problems. And knowing that I'm not alone in being an emotional eater, too, or having trouble with portion control or lacking in will power has actually led to liking myself a whole lot more. And that has helped with eating better and sticking with this even if I've been maintaining for almost a year. Stick with us and like Ubee said, you'll soon have friends all over the world.
Terra Weather on the western side of the Cascades is very, very moderate with a temperature range of between 40-80 most of the time. Summers here are absolutely glorious and there are not very many bugs. The rest of the year it rains. Still gorgeous country, but it's taken me about 5 years to adapt to the short days and rain. Hope you get your walks in before it gets too hot.
Restless Just plunge in and let us know how your day is going. Pretty soon you'll get to know all of us and feel like you've been here forever. So glad you joined this thread.
Larry You are going through so much right now and to have your body temperature go that low is definitely something to be concerned about. Thank you so much for taking the time to post and please do let us know how things are going for you. We care about each other here.
Sam Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend for you. It's so neat that you do your meal planning/prep for the week on Sunday -- that would definitely help with staying on plan for those who are still working. Shopping is always fun, and Goodwill has some great buys.

I'd better get it in gear. I've got my lettuces soaking in a vinegar wash, and I need to go rinse and spin them so I'll have salad fixings for the week. My BIL is coming over for left overs tonight as I'm taking him to the airport in the morning at some ungodly hour -- we have to leave at 5:15 or so. I'll have his dog Becky for the next month so I'll just give up on having clean floors for awhile. Got my food laid out for today and my mind is in a better place. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #44  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yeah it is another very hot day here in Kansas. I will be sure to keep posting.

Betsy ~ I got one walk in early this morning before it got hot and Im gonna walk again as the sun is going down, It shouldnt be as hot at that time as it is during the day.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Evenin everyone,

Had a feel good kind of day today....I felt really nice in my work outfit today instead of a blob in clothes...I guess the subtle changes are starting to appear for me now. Everyone can see it but me I guess...But now I'm really starting to notice and feel the difference the 43.8 lbs feels. Most of my clothes are falling off me and I've kinda steered away from wearing a few things because they look so baggy on me now. Luckily I got quite a few shirts from my friend who has gained weight. She is going to start eating like me soon...I told her to take the plunge and see what happens, but only she can decide for herself when the time is right.

I finally made it to Lowe's to get some goop glue to patch my balance ball. I found a how-to on trying to patch your ball if it gets a hole in it before you go out and buy a new one. I'm going to work on it tonight and if it doesn't work my grandma said I could have hers because she doesn't use it. I've really been missing that ball since it popped lol...I also took a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get some vitamins and shampoo for DH and I. I ended up buying a new pair of leggings..just simple black ones so it'll go with anything. I really like wearing leggings to work out in...and because I work out at home I don't have to feel awkward in them since I'm by myself...I was really happy when I tried them on at home...I took a chance and got a 1X (16)....and they fit!!! They're stretchy so I'm sure that's why they fit...I wanted to get them a little smaller so I could have them for awhile while losing weight since my other pair and my favorite (in galaxy print) are getting so big they are beginning to look VERY loose around the ankles haha!

Just did some cardio tonight and right now I'm making spaghetti squash and red sauce for dinner. Maybe I'll have a salad on the side too. It's one of my go to meals because I love pasta so much that this is a good alternative for me...I don't even really miss the spaghetti!

This week I'm going to focus more on my water intake. I was drinking about a gallon a day at one point and now I just kinda fizzled out. I might drink 2 liters a day. Still not bad, but I know I need more than that to be hydrated and help flush me out. Today I've had about a gallon so I feel pretty good.

I won't do personals tonight but I just wanted everyone to know that I read the posts and I'm thinking of all of you and cheering you on!! WE WILL DO THIS!!!!! Let's get it this week ladies and gents!!!!
Closed Thread