3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: May 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295408-300-chat-thread-may-2014-a.html)

betsy2013 05-30-2014 01:27 PM

Good morning all. I've missed you all, but have had success with getting me back on track, getting things done, and behaving myself. Boring but needed! ;)

Sam Good news about your hubby's numbers although the white blood count is a worry. Hope that everything comes out OK. Wish you lived closer and could teach me how to apply makeup. You'd think that by age 64 I'd know how to do that. Congrats on the big job and I'm sure you'll do great.
Time4Me Great to hear from you again. Were you in withdrawal from not having Internet for that long? Your beach trip sounds like fun.
Terra Thought of you last night when I was listening to the weather report. This weekend is supposed to be clearer and HOT. Got to laughing because most of the Puget Sound area will be in the mid-70s but a couple of places will get up to 80. Obviously the natives have never lived anyplace really hot.
Silent Great news on the loss! You seem to be getting back in the groove. Isn't it exciting to be near your low point? You can do this.
Fi What a great insight about associating the pharmacy with having gotten candy there before. Once I got to thinking about it, I realized how many places I associate with a particular food. Hope you're all ready for the book pickup tomorrow. You are making such great progress on BERP -- and your weight loss for the month!

Ubee will be back next week -- I think we've all missed her! Have seen a post from Larry or Dean in a while and am worried about Jane. My grands are here for the weekend so I will be kept busy, busy, busy and I love, love, love it. The only posting once a week seems to have helped with getting me up and moving in the mornings so I'm exercising more. Got 1.6 pounds off this week and I'm happy with that combined with the big whoosh earlier in the month. Have a great weekend all.

silentarctic 05-30-2014 02:02 PM

Terra - Glad you had good walking weather, hope you are well today.

Sam - We are rockin it. keep on keeping on with those NSV's!

Fi - Hope the declutter project is still rolling along.

Time - Good to hear from you! Hope the packing goes well congrats on staying reasonable while on vaccay I find that SO challenging.

As for me doing alrighty, ate a little unhealthy today (beef jerky and veggies and dip for lunch) I slept in didn't plan ahead dropped by the store ever so briefly on a break so yeah not the best nurtionally and a lot of SALT but i'll survive.

Terra1984 05-30-2014 04:26 PM

Betsy ~ Yeah, Im not sure what the temp was yesterday but today its only suppose to get up to 84 and I already walked one time today and I'll walk before it gets dark tonight too.

Silent ~ Yeah Im doing good today, Its been good walking weather this week.

Fiona W 05-31-2014 06:09 PM

Well, Darryl from Books for America came today, and left with about 800 books. Not as many as we hoped he'd take, 'cause the woman who talked to me on the phone told me erroneously that they take hardcover fiction that's older than two years—which they don't. So I still have at least 700 more books to get rid of.

But one good thing about living in the DC area is that a lot of charities have their main offices nearby. Darryl told me that another organization, American Veterans, will pick up the remainder of what we have, so long as it's in boxes or bags. (Books for America was great 'cause they provided their own boxes.) I can't imagine someone carrying a bunch of heavy hardcovers out to a truck in bags, but as it happens, my BERP efforts so far have freed up some boxes. Not enough, though—I have to do more BERP-ing to come up with more boxes. It's amazing how many boxes of miscellaneous paper I have squirreled away everywhere!

I just re-read those two paragraphs. I need to apologize to y'all for how utterly boring my postings have been of late. Opening boxes, clipping images, sorting clippings, moving books from one place to another—it's all paper. That's my life, doing various things with paper: before the BERP, during the BERP, and after the BERP. You can't be a collage artist if you don't love paper, that's for sure. But these days I don't have time to make art with paper, 'cause all this fuss is about getting excess paper out of our house—plus bringing some order to the great mass that remains. =sigh=

Since Sunday night is our weekly date to have our niece Margaret and her son Gavin over, and I have to do some grocery shopping before that, tomorrow doesn't count as a day off. Therefore, I have decided to declare Monday a day of rest—from the moment I wake up...until I fall asleep that night. So there!

I'm just about climbing the walls here...I've had three episodes so far of completely breaking down and freaking out about the BERP. I don't want to have another one! When I became bipolar, I lost all my tolerance for stress...and this whole multi-week ordeal is STRESS CITY.

I hope y'all are having a more fun, more restful weekend than I am. =smile=

Terra1984 06-01-2014 10:22 AM

Its June 1st who's gonna make a new thread? Just curious