3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: May 2014

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #181
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the encouraging words, y'all! Now that I know I'm 10 pounds down, suddenly I'm appreciating how much easier it is to get through some of the formerly tight-squeeze spots in the rooms I haven't cleared yet. Funny how it can work that way...before I weighed myself, I was actually wondering if some of the boxes had moved! =laugh=

Well, today I finally got Bob to help me box books in my collage room. He worked hard, too: he labeled the boxes with a jumbo marker exactly according to my instructions, not arguing with me once, and each time he got two boxes full, he carried 'em all the way down two floors to the basement—and those basement stairs are steep. Then he'd have a brief cool-down and get right back to boxing books again. I was working at the same time to square away the accumulated pile of sundry paper scraps and items worth clipping on my work table, so when my great-niece Grace comes over on Saturday, we'll both have places to put our boxes of clippings while we work at sorting them into the appropriate labeled boxes. Bob and I working together got a lot done!

Y'all would laugh if you could see our house right now: one of the most daunting aspects about this enormous job has been figuring out where to organize things, in rooms that had no open spaces. But now the solutions are just popping into my head. For example, once I got the stairs going up to the second floor cleared, I took post-it notes and on the wall over each step put a letter, or two letters, of the alphabet. My whole jumbled collection of little postcard books and boxes is being moved upstairs to the newly opened shelves in my collage room, so I'm using the stairs as a way of alphabetizing them. I'll grab half-a-dozen books/boxes of postcards, climb the stairs & put each one neatly on the side of the step where it goes—C for Cιzanne, R for rabbits, V for Vienna, & so on—then come back down and do that again. After about four or five such trips, I get winded and have to rest, but slowly the collection is getting organized.

I'm already starting to fantasize about choosing some Saturday night in September and having Bob's whole extended family over to meet the kittens. I know what we're going to serve (wine 'n' cheese 'n' cruditιs), what cards I'm going to use for the invites, the whole bit. How spiffy the house will look by then! The few people we've allowed inside during the past five years will be totally gobsmacked! =grin=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 05-22-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #182

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

A great day today!! I ate at the Golden Corral following Volumetrics principles by concentrating on low calorie dense foods. I ate a lot of food but only consumed 481 calories. Dinner was also Volumetrics. A lot of food and only 233 Calories.

Lunch 481 Calories
Golden Corral - Baked New Orleans Style Fish, 1.5 Filet
Golden Corral - Salsa, 2 Tablespoons
Golden Corral - Cabbage, 3/4 Cup
Golden Corral - Green Beans, 1/2 cup
Golden Corral - Mixed Green Salad, 1 cup
Golden Corral - Yellow Squash, 2 oz
Golden Corral - Chili, 1/4 Cup
Golden Corral - White Rice, 1/2 cup cooked
Golden Corral - Jalapeno Slices, 1/4 cup

Dinner 233 Calories
Giorgio - Canned Mushrooms - No Salt Added, 1 cup
Del Monte - Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup

Snacks 90 Calories
Fresh Fruit - 6" Banana

Total Calories 804 My goal is 1,640

Old 05-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #183

S/C/G: 327/277/?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I will be off line until June 2.
All is good!
Stay strong. Ubee
Old 05-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #184
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Siggy-Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Its usually in the 70's when I walk in the evening

Betsy ~ Okay we can do that LOL. Im sorry you dont have A/C.

Started my weight loss journey for the 2nd time on Jan. 16th 2014
Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #185

S/C/G: 340/246/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi Sounds like you're moving right along with the BERP! Happy to see that Bob was nice enough to help you It sounds like a great idea to have some people over after the kitties arrive

Larry Great job on being under calories! Sounds like you had a really good day!

Ubee My cheerleader! Gonna miss you but hope to hear a nice report when you return!!

I'm checking in a wee bit earlier than usual today. I got off at 12 and ran to the grocery store to grab a few ingredients I needed for tonight's dinner. I'm making Chicken Vindaloo! I'm really excited to be making it from scratch. I'm following the recipe from Mark's Daily Apple. If any one is interested here is the link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chick...#axzz32YnuMTLp

My BIL was so nice last night I was talking about my work outs and how I was missing my balance ball since one of the cats poked a hole in it. I don't know what came over him but he gave me the money to get a new one!!! So when I got off work today I went to Wal-Mart and got my balance ball! I offered to do his laundry for him earlier in the week so maybe this was his way of showing gratitude.

I got home and had lunch since I got off early I didn't eat lunch there. I had a nice salad with no chicken today but yummy local veggies and I crumbled the last little bit of goat cheese I had left over on top. It really hit the spot. I watched a little TV, then got into my work out. I did a whole HOUR of HIIT core training using my balance ball!!! I am so proud of myself because I didn't think I would make it through a hole hour of it, but I did!!!! It was also nice to be able to get my workout in early to have time to do whatever I want. I'm actually going to be doubling up and getting some cardio in tonight after dinner. I'm supposed to be going to the park to get some walking in with my friend. We haven't done it all week, but it'll be nice. I was just too busy with getting things together for my other friend. She sent me a picture last night of her dinner she made following my plan. It was roasted chicken with cauliflower mash and green beans. She said it was really good!! I hope that I am able to help her out and she's able to keep up with it. For me this has been the easiest plan to follow. Yes I had to cut out a lot of the junk, but overall I don't miss it, and I still allow myself a treat from time to time. Eating bread and pastas, rice, etc always made me feel sluggish and sleepy after I would eat so it's really nice to not have to worry about that anymore. I'm full of energy now and feel great! I actually told my mom the other night when we chatted on the phone that I think I could eat this way for the rest of my life...That is HUGE for me to say. She's really proud and really is happy that I feel so good. For the most part my mood has been boosted and I've been really happy lately. DH even said to me this morning that my color looks really good...I think it's from being in the sun a couple of times so far this year, but maybe it is my diet. He even made my day yesterday by telling me how pretty I looked just before I went to work.

Well I think I'm going to go piddle around the house, do my dishes from earlier and then see what DH is up to. I hope everyone has a great evening!!!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #186

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Height: 5'11"

Fi all those stairs, there you go you are exercising up a storm during your berp

Sam glad to hear you are doing so well. Sounds like you have it all figured out!

Ubee - We will miss you while you are away!

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #187
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Tonight I said to Bob that I wanted to make a happy collage showing two cats on a rug, their tails making spirals—the symbol of renewal & rebirth. He said, "'Sounds like wish fulfillment to me." What was that supposed to mean? I felt like he was raining on my parade. It's his parade, too!

And then I said I wanted to get some cushions for my outdoor lounge chair, the one on the deck with its lovely view of our little patch of forest. Bob said disparaging things about what happens to cushions like that when they get rained on repeatedly, how moldy & gross they get. When I replied that I would bring them back inside every time I used them, he said, "We don't have any space."

The BERP is all about making space, lots of space! I walk bags of paper out to the recycle bin every day, and bags of trash to the trash can. Why can't he see that? It's like he won't really have faith that the house is going to look spacious and orderly when I finish, until I do finish, and even then he'll have something pissy to say about some detail he doesn't like. =sigh= Why can't he share the dream with me—a dream of a better future when our environment will be pleasant, our cats will be happy & loving, and I'll be no longer fat? I can see that future coming, but he can't.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Old 05-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #188
Turning Into A New Woman

Fiona ~ Congrats on being 10 pounds down, Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #189

Fi sorry you are feeling frustrated that bob is not at the same place as you are. Just keep building your dream regardless.

So a sliver of hope I was 289 on the scale today its not real, I'm dehydrated. I partied a little to hard last night, not to a truely hungover state just... a little dehyrdated and tired today is all. So drinking water and tea and trying to find some energy in the fact that we have limited sunshine for afew hours today before the clouds roll in.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 05-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #190

S/C/G: 396/340/160

Good morning all. The last few days have been very hectic here, and yesterday I had an early morning (for me) appointment to help train the new Treasurer for the Coop. Lots to do today, but wanted to check in on everyone.

Silent SUN!!! It's amazing how much better things seem when there's some sun involved. Enjoy that little patch of blue sky. I must not be much of a rice aficionado as I didn't even know there was a special sushi rice.
Larry You are our poster boy for being able to eat out and stay on plan.
Sam Leftovers are one of the gifts of the gods -- especially if it was good the first time around. Hope you got to do some pool or beach time!
Ubee I'm already going into Ubee withdrawal.
Terra Very few people have air conditioning out here. Actually, very few businesses are even air conditioned. I laugh when it gets up to 80 because people start griping about how HOT it is. You would call it a cooling trend. Summers are absolutely glorious out here!
Fi You are on a roll with the BERP. As for Bob, sounds like he was a great help one day, but not in such a great mood the next. Who knows -- just glad that you can post your thoughts with us. It's helping you. You're losing weight (as evidenced by the easier time of getting by the boxes!), you're looking forward to visits from family, you're planning a big party, and it seems as though you're having fewer bouts with depression pain. Just pull Bob along for the journey for right now and work out a plan for making sure you never have to BERP again.

My BIL comes home today and I go back to being a one dog house. Becky is a sweetie, but I'm ready to get back to just Toby being here at night and for meals. Going to straighten up the house, pay the end of month bills, and start getting the weeding done. This next month is going to be devoted to my own BERP project.....except it's outdoors! Have a great day and weekend.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344 (Done), Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 05-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #191
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Thats crazy that there are very few houses that have A/C in them and that there are very few businesses that have A/C. I feel for you.

Im about to go for my morning walk if its not still raining if it is I'll have to walk inside but thats okay if I have too, I still need to walk either way. Yesterday it was raining and the sun was out. Crazy Kansas weather

Old 05-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #192

S/C/G: 396/340/160

Terra It's ok on the AC out here. A normal summer day is in the 70s. We will have a few days where it might get really hot -- which is anything over 85 out here, but the rest of the time it's perfect temp and low humidity. The nights cool off as this is the dry season so we all sleep with a blanket on. Summer in the Northwest is why we put up with 9 months of rain the rest of the year! Now if I still lived in Illinois or Missouri or North Carolina or Georgia......or Kansas, then I'd have AC -- no doubt about it!

Got to run. Picking up a friend in a little while for a trip to the Farmer's Market in Olympia and to try a new restaurant. I've already surfed the menu and picked out what I'm going to have.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344 (Done), Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 05-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #193
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Hello dear Weightloss Family!

This is just a big THANK YOU and a hug for everyone - I lost about 4,5 lbs during the holidays - and I would never have done that without your help and support. You are so great and I'm so glad I found you.

Just try to catch up with everything that happend here and at home - but had a great time doing dirty work in the house garden I share with my neighbours and noone really cares for or takes care of. But I want to sit under the old trees and listen to the birds - especially as I live in the middle of the city - so I started to clean the steps and years of neglect away...
I consider it sport!

And I can have a ticker - and write pm....means I stuck with this long enough to make a good start.

Today is a good day, because I will not allow it otherwise! I make it good for myself.

Started: 04/10/2014

1.minigoal - under 300 (reached)
2.minigoal - 10% loss (32.3lbs)
3.minigoal - 264 (because it was my "normal weight" before I gained in the last two years during relationsship)

Last edited by sugar2go : 05-25-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #194

Betsy - The sun ran away right after I posted that just to spite me I think. fog rolled in and its still pretty gloomy out there today, Ah well maybe by mid summer YOU and Fi will be my inspirations to start my own BERP Project. Right now I'm just TOO slammed socially and workwise to even think about it. Maybe mid june...

Terra hope the rain stays away for you! (if that is you prefer to walk outside)

Sugar2go - congrats on losing on vacation I always consider it a victoy just to maintain. The yardwork sounds like a rewarding project that will give you much enjoyment.

So last night I was horrible, I ate whatever I wanted, and drank etc. I wasn't over intoxicated but I definitely did NOT eat at the party with a discerning eye. I still ate less than Old-me would have eaten. But still way more than me trying to get my blood sugar under control should have. I had a nightmare later that I had downed a ton of cupcakes. (I'm pretty sure I stopped myself at one, I LOOKED at a different cupcake and thought about eating it but I said "no" to myself a few times...). Anyways such are dreams.

I Have dinner plans tonight. I feel overwhelmed I did a TINY bit of housework but not enough to really make progress considering I'm hosting a shindig next weekend. But I need to shower and get ready for dinner. and possibly a movie after that depending.. The lack of sun combined with a late night, led to a VERY lazy me this morning I stayed in my bed even though I was awake until just shy of noon. I haven't done that in a long time.

It's a super crazy buzy time of year for me so don't send out the mounties if I disappear for a few days at a time I just really have to focus on my immediate priorities which means staying away from the computer at home (it sucks me in and hours disappear...) to actually stay focused on housework. And work is nut-so as well.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 05-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #195

S/C/G: 340/246/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi Sorry that Bob can't see the dream you have. I think all men are like that sometimes...Rob can surely be like that with me sometimes too. Just continue to strive for greatness! You are already doing so well!

Silent Oh my beautiful Silent! Sounds like you had a good time this weekend!! Enjoy it girl! Even if there is a little dehydration.

Betsy You're right! Leftovers help out in such a big way for me!! I did have a lovely day at the beach today!

Sugar Awesome job on the loss while on your vacation!! That is remarkable, I don't know if I would lose weight while on a trip lol..We all so love having you here!!

So today was my weekly weigh in. I lost 3.2 lbs an 4 inches off my body. I feel really good about it! I am really surprised that I am slowly and steadily losing weight each week and have not had a plateau yet. I know it is bound to happen sometime but I am just going to continue riding the wave while I can. I also looked back at when I first started measuring myself back in the end of march, 2 months into my journey and I have lost 5 inches in my waist!! That is a huge accomplishment!

Today DH and I have been together for 11 years...we have been through so much in these 11 years but I can't imagine living life without him. We spent an hour trying to find a place to park along the ocean and ended up going and borrowing my grandmas state park pass and went to one of the local state parks instead. We layed on the beach for a good while and went and dipped our feet in the water. It was still a little too cold for us to go out in it. After we were done at the beach, we went walking along one of the nature trails they had there. It was so nice and peaceful but my back kept getting bit by mosquitoes and sand flies. Other than that and crossing paths with a snake (I'm deathly afraid of snakes) I had a great time. We have plans to go to the other state park tomorrow and have a picnic. If we don't go there we might go to the park down the street from us and have it there.

So no we're just relaxing for the rest of the evening. I'm so glad I have an extra day off tomorrow to enjoy time with Rob.

I hope everyone has a great evening!!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.