3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ Chat Thread: May 2014

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #166

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning.

Sorry, I've been covered up again the last few days... Staying strong with regard to portion size and choices, but don't feel like stepping on the scale.

Hazelnut coffee this morning to start the day. Loving the warm, pleasant weather we're having here...

Have a great day!

Dean

Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #167
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Thanks, LOL about the name change

Betsy ~ Yeah my walk went well and I got the cleaning done that I wanted to get done, Yep thats the secret LOL

Silent & Sam ~ Thanks Guys

I slept in today but I'll get back to walking in the mornings on Friday, I think Im gonna start sleeping in Wed's and Thurs. and then going on my morning walks Mon.Tues,Fri.,Sat and Sun. Im still gonna get my evening walks in though.

Last edited by Terra1984 : 05-21-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #168

S/C/G: 353/290/180

Sam - Your friend is so lucky to have you.

Larry - Garden Fresh Veggies, Ahhh summer... is there... not here lol.

Atlanta - Hey you hows it going?

Ubee - You must not have met the RIGHT eliptical . there is the perfect one at my gym but its on its last legs. It's got a super smooth stride and you feel like you are gliding through the air (but it does still work your legs and get your heart rate up). I will be so heartbroken if it ever stops working. It's like an old friend to me! Other machines just don't measure up to that one. (some have super awkward strides etc).

Last night I made sushi for a friend, nothing too exciting it was her brithday though so I made an exception and had the wite rice (okay so I've been craving that) and some chocolate icecream for desert. I need to get back in gear. I know its so hard blah...

Just for kicks I tried on the Old-navy 22's I have hanging on my closet this AM. So yeah that's definitely a no go. For a LONG time. Its not like I've lost much (any?) belly fat recently not sure what posessed me to try. Honestly It's probably going to take another 50lbs before they fit at the rate I've been going. :-| Someday Someday I will be able to stuff this belly into 22's LOL.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
310> Feb 2014 - 300> April 2014 290>May 2014
Old 05-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #169

S/C/G: 396/347/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a great day so far.

SilentArctic I'm in awe that you make sushi and next time just make it with brown rice. Why did you try on the 22s......maybe trying to find your mojo motivation. They will fit one day. Actually, maybe I need to buy something that I really like that is too small so that I have something to work towards.
Terra Looks like it's hotter than heck there again. Please send some this way. Ever since I planted my garden, the day time temps have dropped by 20 degrees.
Dean Glad our coffee man is back and sounds like you've been staying the course.
Ubee I know. If I'm good, then there should be a significant reward and I don't think a 10 pounds loss is out of the question. I hate the elliptical, but considering that the first time I used it I got off after less than a minute and thought that there was a high likelihood that I would be blocking the aisle to the other equipment if I just went ahead and collapsed, I'm thrilled with getting up to 20 minutes. Now I need to work on getting out of Level 1. Did great on the weighing and measuring right up until supper time when I decided that popcorn was a suitable dinner option. I don't think measuring out the popcorn to be popped counts.
Larry Jealous, jealous, jealous. This entire post should be green for envy. Your garden looks wonderful and to be that far along is something akin to a miracle in my opinion. Of course, when your garden is about done producing, mine will just be starting in.......if it ever warms up!
Sam Good luck on getting DH to write down the results. Tell him to ask for a copy of the print out. Glad your good habits are rubbing off on him. Sounds like you're going to turn into a great mentor for your friend.
Silent Go for it. Getting out of that extremely obese category will do wonders for your mindset. I think I'll look up a BMI calculator......great idea.
Fi Oh my. I'm still laughing about the contents of the box. It's like going on a treasure hunt with each box you open and sort. What fun you must be having!

Time to go off to the gym. My nephew called last night, and we'll be keeping the boys (7 and 3 1/2) the last weekend in May. I think it's time for a camping trip! Hope everyone has a great day.

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 05-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #170

betsy - I've tried making sushi with brown rice and it is not the same. Its not worth special ordering it and paying a fortune to ship it in from a specialty store, with the extra cooking time... when honestly it won't satisfy the 'sushi craving' the same way. The brown rice has too much flavor for my tastes when it comes to sushi. I'd rather just not make it, its not worht all that effort if it doesn't taste amazing....but nice thought. I had the same one but... for me... it doesn't cut it.

PS have fun at the gym!

Mini Goals Celebrated:

Last edited by silentarctic : 05-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #171
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Larry— I'm envious of your garden, too, especially for the 'maters and the peppers. The closest Bob and I have ever come to having a veggie garden was when we lived in a duplex in the 1980s that had an abandoned garden next to it which Bob tilled and planted basil and cilantro in. We also had mint growing wild by our back stoop there, so we were fixed nicely for leafy condiments. We ate really high-calorie stuff, though, using the basil to make huge quantities of yummy pesto (the kind w/ pine nuts in it) which we slathered on crackers and even ate w/ a spoon. It was like ambrosia—it was that good. But we chose our current house for the fact that there is no back yard: just a mossy berm, then a mini-forest of our very own. Bob has worked hard in the nearly 20 years we've lived here to rid that forest of all invasive & imported species, and to encourage lots of wonderful native species like dogwood and mountain laurel. That's because he's a botanist who studies forest communities. =smile=

Ubee— No, our house doesn't belong on "Hidden Treasures": the BERP is all about taking it out of a state that would've qualified for "Hoarders." You know how they have that scale on "Hoarders" that goes from 0 to 10, and they usually go to houses that are a 9 or a 10? I think our house might've rated about a 3 or a 4 before I started this project. Narrow pathways to get everywhere, books stacked high all up and down the stairway, piles of paper and overflowing boxes in every single room except the bathrooms...the whole nine yards. Every week during the BERP I am filling a 5-foot-high recycle bin with discarded paper. Good thing it has wheels, or I wouldn't be able to get it out to the curb! When the book guy comes with his large-size truck Saturday after next, we're estimating that he will carry away 2000 books. And I haven't even mentioned all the clothes I've been hoarding, because all my yo-yo dieting and my habit of hanging on to the really cute stuff that once fit me means I literally have clothes in sizes 10 all the way up to 5X. I've given the 6X stuff away, but the rest of it all is crammed into three large closets, seven chests of drawers, part of the basement, in piles all over our bedroom, and both underneath & in high stacks all over the top of the guest room bed. When I have guests staying overnight, I have to work for hours to unload that bed onto the floor, and then reload it after they leave.

Betsy— I'm afraid I am not having fun. I'm not as miserable as I was the first few weeks of this project, when I was alternating between panic attacks and crying fits, but I keenly miss my old life, when I got to read & write & make art all day long. I feel like a slave laborer, like one of those men who pulled the huge blocks on rollers that the ancient Egyptians used to make the pyramids. I will feel really good when it's done, for sure, but Phase II of the BERP—the long decluttering of the house from my accumulated clothes hoard—is still ahead of me. That phase will take not months, but years to complete, because I'm shooting to lose 220 pounds altogether. =big sigh= I will definitely be having fun on the day when I fit back into my custom-made red aloha shirt adorned with sharks threatening terrified surfers. =grin= It's about a size 14. (I may be short, but I have a large frame with wide shoulders, so 12-14 is my ideal size. I wore a size 9 at my low point in college, but I don't need be that svelte to be healthy.)

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 05-21-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #172

S/C/G: 340/251.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Larry Sounds like you're going to have an awesome garden this year! Love the picture!

Ubee I'll tell him lol.....Pizza turned out ok...Way better than the cauliflower pizza I tried a few months back. It didn't brown on the bottom as much as I would have wanted so I think the trick is to use parchment paper so it will easily come off the pan and then maybe I can flip it to brown the other side a bit better before putting on my toppings. It still held together but wish it was a bit more crispy. Definitely something that I will have every once in awhile since there is cheese in the crust.

Dean Thanks for checking in with us! Weather was nice again today where I am as well. Hope you enjoyed your day! Good job on the portion control!

Silent Thank you for making my day even better! You are so sweet!

Betsy Good idea on the print out. I'll definitely try to remind him. I'm really excited for my friend. I know she has a long road ahead like me, but she can do it, and I'll be here for her every step of the way.

Well I'm all settled into my comfy clothes for the evening. Today is a rest day from exercise for me, and I definitely need it. My back is feeling a bit tense today. Maybe I can get DH to rub it for me later. I saw an awesome video on Facebook today where you can use one of those pot holder trays with the wheels on them as a way to do ab workouts. You just put your feet on the tray and bring your knees into your chest. It looked really fun and I think I will have a good time with it. Still missing my balance ball and I haven't wanted to go spend the money on another one yet lol...Maybe when I get paid next week. I'm feeling lost with my ab exercises without it :P

Tonight I'm going to be making stuffed peppers for DH and I. I use turkey and leave out the rice. No need for it the way I make it and it is delicious! We're going to have green beans on the side and I bought DH these little baby potatoes to either roast or steam. I may eat one, they're super tiny, but who knows I may just skip it to keep my carbs real low like I have been lately.

I'm also going to type out some of my favorite recipes for my friend to help her get started on her journey. I think she is going to officially start next week when she is able to go to the store and get some things. We're going to talk tonight online. Maybe I can get her to skype.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #173
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Today was my monthly weigh-in, and I can't believe it: I lost 10 pounds! In one month! Gee, the BERP must really be burning some calories...

This means I finally completed my second mini-goal of getting down to 280. And at 272 now, I've taken a big step toward my third mini-goal of getting down to 260.

=big smile & raised eyebrows=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 05-22-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #174
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 310/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah its gotten hot again, I wish I could send some your way, If I could I would, Good luck on your garden.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #175

S/C/G: 327/273/?

Good Morning!
Terra what is the temp in the evening when you walk?
Fi yipee for 10 pounds down, reaching your mini goal and working on the BERP! When I woke up this morning one of my first thoughts was that it was weigh in day for you. I knew you would be down a lot with working on the BERP.
Sam I hope you make room in the budget for your ball. I have weak abs and it is starting to bother me...
Silent I too have a pair of jeans I try on every once in a while. I plan to lose enough that I can wear them in the fall.
Betsy when you go camping do you go to a state park or more of a commercial one?
Dean what is on brew for today?

Clothes shopping was hard yesterday. I did not like what I saw in the dressing room mirror. I am going to use that for motivation. Back in the day it would have led to a massive pig out. This time it led to a salad. Did find 2 nice tops on sale. Realized I need to shop at mature lady shops because... I am not so young anymore. (I am really OK with that. It has a lot of perks!)
Have a focused day!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #176

S/C/G: 396/347/160

Good morning all. Last sunshine day here for awhile so I'm going to skip the gym and just do yard work all day. Ugh!

Terra Let's split the difference in our two temps -- we don't have air conditioning out here!
Fi Yeah, the work part of BERP is not fun, but the treasures you're uncovering sometimes hopefully provide at least a light moment for the day. Congratulations on 10 pounds!!!!! Sounds like it was a great month. Fi, I, too, adore pesto. I make it every summer, freeze it in ice cube trays, and have it throughout the year. It's definitely in the "treat" category, but as long as I budget my calories for the day, it works out.
Sam You're very creative with fixing meals and making adjustments to standard recipes to make them more calorie/carb friendly. I love Pad Thai, but don't love the calories. I've bought some PB2 and am going to try making it with spaghetti squash. It may become Pad Betsy, but hopefully I can get some of the taste without the calories.
Silent You can tell I'm not a sushi eater. I didn't realize that you had to special order brown rice. I use it a lot.......when I'm making dog food for Toby!

Lots and lots and lots of yard work to do today and tomorrow and next week and next month. Fi, I think my yard work requirements are similar to your BERP. Have a great day!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....
Old 05-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #177

Fi - Go you! Rockin out those mini goals. BERP is probably a lot of calorie burning and decluttering your ife supposedly makes it easier to live healthy so... good on all fronts. Something to hold onto when it becomes tedius no?

The sun came back today, so that feels wonderful. Just seeing a slip of blue sky out the window helps. I did however pack a raincoat as there is a 60% chance of showers later so I am prepared.

On the weight loss front, still holding strong at 293, I didn't overeat yesterday. I did steal 3 onion rings from a friend when we ate out. And honestly I'm okay with that, there is no way I was over my calories for the day. I feel good about it.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 05-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #178

betsy - no just the brown sushi rice, I think white sushi rice being "common" at grocery stores is fairly new for my remote part of the world. Honestly the stores here don't carry ANY brown rice that I can find. Which is frustrating, Now I'm not much of a rice eater so I buy a big bag of brown jasmine or brown basmati rice when I go on vacations and that generally lasts me until the next trip (or beyond... honestly MOST of the time I won't choose to make rice unless I'm entertaining folks for supper... and I RARELY entertain... ). I use to eat rice all the time when I had a rice maker, and it was just a bad scene. The only white rice I tolerate in my pantry is sushi rice, and thats a treat to be made only when I'm sharing it. Idealy with a party of people where everyone tends to scarf it down very quickly.

Mini Goals Celebrated:
Old 05-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #179

S/C/G: 317/259/155

Height: 5' 6"

silentarctic Have you considered Black Rice for Sushi? It tends to be sticky and should hold it's form well for making Sushi.

Larry

Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #180

S/C/G: 340/251.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi WOOOOOO!!!!!!! GO GIRL!!!! 10 lbs it awesome!!! So happy and proud!!!! You are doing wonderfully!!! Keep it up!!!

Ubee I hear ya girl. These abs aren't going to make themselves that's for sure! I got a plant caddy yesterday from Lowe's to try doing some ab exercises with that, but I could only bring my knees in 4 times before I felt like I was going to fall off the thing. I think I'm going to take it back tomorrow and at $15 I could use that and spend a couple more dollars and get my balance ball back that I love so dearly Today was ab day for me and boy am I feeling the burn!

Betsy I LOVE pad thai! My cousin has made it with spaghetti squash and she really liked it. I have yet to try it. You could also make zoodles (zucchini noodles) and make it that way. When I was vegetarian for a year I made this zoodles and peanut sauce and it kind of reminded me of pad thai but it was completely raw

Had a good day at work today. Seems like my mood for the most part has been pretty good lately. I think the exercise is helping with that. Who would have thought that I would be exercising as much as I do? Not me that's for sure, but something about the soreness feels so good lol...I guess it's because I know I'm transforming my body. Today I did 20 minutes of cardio and 25 minutes of ab exercises. I feel the burn big time! There's a nice tight core somewhere under the layers of fat lol

Having left overs tonight so it should be an easy meal to throw together. I really love left overs because when I'm tired from a long day at work and then working out, sometimes I really don't want to cook. So it's stuffed peppers with green beans again tonight...and I don't mind. DH thinks I'm crazy because I have been dipping my green beans in dijon mustard lately lol...It's spicy but so good...it's almost like having french fries...Yes I'm one of those weirdos that like to try and trick my mind into thinking I'm eating something I'm really not...DH doesn't get it haha...

I'm really happy because I only have to work a 1/2 day tomorrow...I go in at my usual time, 8 and will be getting off at 12. I'm going to see if my neighborhood pool is open and either go lay out by the pool while kids are still in school or go to the beach and get some sun since DH and I didn't get to go the last couple of weekends. Maybe I can get him to go with me. Then I don't have to go to work on Monday either so it'll be a nice long weekend.

Not much else goin on here...I'm gonna jump off here and work on some more stuff for my friend. I've got some recipes typed out for her, a meal plan, a calendar, and introduction to clean eating put in simpler terms, a progress report so she can write down her weight and measurements each week..Now I'm just going to type up a couple things about exercise for her and some stuff she can do while she's at work that will be effective so she can slowly start to incorporate some exercise when she's ready...

Have a great night everyone!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.