Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentarctic View Post
Larry - Hope you found something to enjoy at Red Lobster. Beyond weightloss I think taking the time to enjoy your life and time with those you love is also very important.
silentarctic I did not make the best choice and not the worst. I choose the 4 coarse Habenero Shrimp Feast. I skipped the dessert and that left just enough calories to put together a hot dish of Diced tomatoes, green beans and mushrooms with a Tbsp of Old Bay Seasoning for dinner. I ended the day just under my calorie allowance.

My DW enjoyed her birthday despite having a severe cold. With my COPD I was advised not to catch a cold. I have been washing my hands so much that they are starting to look like dish pan hands.

Larry
Old 05-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Wow. I'm running late this morning, but want to chat with all my 3FC friends -- you all are the ones that keep me going on this journey in so many ways.

Larry Hopefully the losing weight and exercising will not only slow down the course of your conditions but also make it so that you can tell a difference in how you feel. Thanks for keeping us updated on this.
SilentArctic You are not disappointing Ubee and me. Your social life is always going to be more active than mine even when you think it's dormant! Just want you to feel good about yourself because we all think you're pretty great. Congrats on losing this week!
Terra Wish that you could have a longer stretch of the really nice weather. You're so good about walking, and after having lived in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois, I know what a challenge it is to do anything outdoors when it's hot and humid.
Ubee Do they have a yo-yo icon for us? Let's just make a commitment that we're going to throw that yo-yo far, far away. Loved your plan for the buffet and really love how supportive the people around you were. My ex (there are so many reasons he is my ex) would have insisted that I not only get my own plate, but get his as well.
Sugar It sounds as though you've had a wonderful family trip. Details are welcome and you might be pleasantly surprised at the weigh in. Love your attitude about being content.
Atalanta I know how you must feel with being in different time zones and hemispheres from most of the posters. I feel impacted and I'm just on the west coast of the US! Have you ever had a sleep apnea test done? I had one done about a year ago and found out that I had severe sleep apnea. How interesting that they have tools that let you monitor yourself in this way!
Fi I'm sorry I'm worrying you. I look forward to reading your posts as we're so different in our interests and approaches that it's fascinating to me. Congrats on the NSV -- what a wonderful feeling to be going down in size even if it does mean giving up your cherished Ts some day.

It's getting late in the morning here, and I need to get to the gym. I took yesterday off as it was a rainy day -- ended up taking a nap in the recliner for most of the afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed having a lazy day. Back on track today -- that means that I've procrastinated on the cleaning as much as I can. Have a great day!
Old 05-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Afternoon!
Betsy there is a limit to how much we can procrastinate housework??? I'm curious, what do you do at the gym?
Larry I'm so glad your & your wife had a nice BD dinner. Does your doctor have you on vitamins to help you stay healthy?
Silent you look so hot! Where are your chubby cheeks? As Betsy said anything you do is more exciting then our lives. Just so you know when we don't hear from you we think you are up to something wild and crazy! Then we start thinking about back in the day...
Terra I just got back from my walk and I feel like death warmed over. Do you still get like that sometimes after all this time?

Today is a struggle. I had to run an errand and passed my favorite bakery. I wanted to buy a cake and go home and dig into it with a fork. Then I stopped at the thrift store and tried on a big top. It was too small. Next I thought of how I need to go clothes shopping. I hate clothes shopping. I will deal with today and face tomorrow when it comes. I'm not down just a little upset at myself for getting big.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi Thank you so much!!! And congrats on your NSV!!!! That is wonderful to hear about getting into some smaller leggings and shirts!!! I love it when I can fit into some smaller clothes, even if the scale doesn't move much.

Atalanta Thank you for the love!! That fitbit sounds pretty cool. I've been wanting to get one of those Polar activity trackers...not sure if it counts sleep though. Hope you get more rest soon lovely!

Sugar Enjoy your last day in Italy! It sounds wonderful there!!

Ubee Thank you my lovely cheerleader!!! GREAT JOB on the 2 lb loss!! That is fantastic! You are inching closer and closer to the 250s...I can't wait till I get there!!

Silent Thanks so much! I'm really trying hard! And HEYYYY I'm so happy to see your pretty face on your avatar!!

Today was a great day!! Work was the usual, but I FINALLY got a call from my OBGYN today with my ultrasound results after waiting more than 2 weeks. She said even though I still have PCOS that my ultrasound came back normal and that all of my cysts were gone!!! This is HUGE and HAPPY news!! I remember the last ultrasound that I had was 4 years ago and each cyst was about 1 mm a piece...I even asked her to double check and she said yes it was normal...Only because I thought what I was seeing was cysts on the screen but I guess not...I'm not a doctor so what the heck do I know when looking at the screen lol....

DH has band practice tonight so I'll be able to get some exercise in while he's gone. I'm making dinner earlier than normal so he can eat before he has to leave.

My friend Ana sent me a text just as I was going to sleep last night...She told me she was ready to try and lose weight and wants my help. She said she has cut sodas out for about a week now and she is ready to do this. She just found out she has PCOS too, and already knew about a thyroid problem. We chatted for a bit and tonight I'm going to type some stuff up to help her along. She said she doesn't think she'll be able to do it without some sort of help to get her started on what to eat and stuff. I'm going to do my best to help her any way that I can. I know it's going to be hard for her since she has PCOS and a thyroid problem, but I think she can do it if she puts her mind to it.

I'm going to get off here for now so I can check on the chicken in the oven and get some work done around the house before I work out...Just going to do some cardio tonight as I have a slight headache. I hope everyone has a great evening!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #155  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh man, I have such a headache. I just went through a humongous box of old stuff: based on the dates of what I found in it, it got filled up and shoved aside in the year 2010. What kind of stuff? Let me see if I can list the categories: commercial postcards mailed to me & kept because they have cool images on them, loose unwritten commercial postcards of every variety (including quite a few antique ones that have turned brown on the address side), one whole box of retro postcards I forgot that I bought, postcards I made myself out of prints of my collages but never mailed to anyone, letters sent to me, a long letter I wrote during a power outage but never finished, a printout of someone's essay on being in NYC on 9/11, a printout of an essay I wrote about the night Bob & I fell in love, envelopes saved because they have cool stamps on them, labels of all shapes & sizes & purposes, commercial & handmade stickers of every variety, mini-zines mailed to me, painted & hand-printed & collaged postcards mailed to me, amazing hand-decorated envelopes mailed to me, a mini-zine I made myself, rubber stamps made by me, tools for cutting rubber stamps, rubber for making rubber stamps out of, tubes of acrylic paint, acrylic paint pens still in their plastic wrap, a thick large-format book titled Masters of Poster Design ('been wonderin' where that was), fancy leather-bound appointment books for 2009 & 2010, snapshots of people I don't know from the 1950s, a plastic ruler with holographic dinosaurs on it (I love it!), empty boxes I thought might be useful some day, blank stationery & assorted blank envelopes, a box of nice grey paper, handmade envelopes sent to me inside other envelopes, an expensive pair of Teflon-coated scissors that went missing for so long I bought a replacement, Hallowe'en cards that I drew & painted that bounced back to me because the recipients had moved, a box of assorted stickers I designed & made ('wondered where those were, too), assorted pages from old books people sent me for use in collage, a 1944-issue U.S. Army paperback on marine life of the Pacific, a large piece of black felt with a very weird painting on it.... oh, I'll stop, lest I give you a headache. Basically an enormous box of "I don't know where to put this" from years gone by... people do mail me the strangest stuff...

Fortunately, as a result of my BERP activities so far, I have places to put almost all of it that's worth keeping. But I'm still several days away from having the space cleared where the cat tower will go, and until I get that whole area cleared & cleaned, Bob won't be able to visualize my design for the cat tower. Ergo, he won't be able to measure the space and make a carpenter's plan for it. Ergo, he won't be able to start building it. =sigh= I think I'll take a nap now.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #156  

Smile

Not a bad day today

My total calories today were 1,252 my goal per My Fit Pal is 1,640 so I was under my goal. I was a little high on sodium today. I will have to work on that as I tend to gain a lot of water weight when my sodium is high. I had fresh green beans picked out of my garden today. Fresh sure tastes good.

Larry
Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #157  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Larry ~ Okay well Im glad with diet and exercise it can be slowed

Betsy ~ Yeah I wish the weather could stay like it was last week all summer long, Oh well though, I know that is wishful thinking. Yeah it is very hard to walk outside when its hot and humid.

Ubee ~ Yeah I do feel like that sometimes

In 30 mins Im gonna go on my morning walk and then after Im done Im gonna clean the bathroom and then when my boyfriend wakes up I'll vaccum my room.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #158  

Good Morning!
Terra you are so pretty! We are going to have to change this thread to 300+ Hot Chicks and Cool Rooster!
Larry our Cool Rooster glad to see you posting daily again.
Fi your BERP has me thinking I need to start BURP Big Undone Remodeling Projects.
Sam that is GREAT news about your cysts! You have been given a gift! Stay on plan girl because I think it won't be too long and your avatar will have a picture of a Mama Sam and Baby Sam. I am so going to be keeping an eye on you!

Last night was not good with too much food. I got a good nights sleep and am back on my game. Just have to work harder to see a loss on Monday!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. What an absolutely perfect day out today. I might even enjoy weeding today (ok.....I got a little carried away there!).

Ubee I did finally get started on the cleaning. Did the dusting and bathrooms and since it had been awhile, I really got in there and truly dusted as opposed to waving the Swiffer around in the air and hoping that would take care of things. The bathtub (separate shower) in my bathroom had dust on it!!! Exercise at the gym? I go 5 days. Each day I do 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical to start and end with 10-20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Not very fast yet, but I'm trying to build up. M-W-F I do legs and back. T-Th I do arms and strength training. I'm also trying to build up the number of reps and the weight on those.
Terra Hope your walk went well and that you got the cleaning you had scheduled done. Is that the secret -- one actually cleans before it gets to be a disaster area?
Larry I'm so envious that you're already getting stuff out of your garden. I planted mine over the weekend, and if I'm lucky I'll start to get some product by July. If I'm lucky. Tomatoes don't come in until late August or early September. Good for you with keeping on track.
Fi OK. Today I'm not worn out. Today I'm sitting here chuckling over that collection all in one box. Sorry it gave you a headache and glad that you're having to decide what gets kept and what goes. Shall we call you and Ubee the BERP/BURP twins?
Sam Great news!!!!! So glad you got the results back FINALLY and they were so positive. And having a friend want to partner up with you. I'm envious.

I've got fat little fingers this morning so I must have eaten something yesterday that had too much salt in it. Can't think what it was, but definitely not going to do that today. My goal today is to get through an entire day where I actually measure and/or weigh things instead of eye balling it. Off to the gym, then to finish the cleaning, and then hopefully get in a little weeding. Have a great day.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #160  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Betsy, and other folks— Since you liked yesterday's collection, let me tell you about just three things that emerged from boxes today (all of this still in the living room: I have yet to start work on any other room):
(1) a set of colorful plastic bracelets I bought, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to get them over my big (not just fat) hands, with large embossed lettering on them: the yellow one says "CONFUSED," the turquoise one says "MISANTHROPIC," and the purple one says "IRONY" (what was I thinking? I wonder if my 13-yr-old grand-niece would like them...)
(2) a black-painted vintage-coffin-shaped wooden box with nice brass hinges and latch, 6" x 3" (at the widest point), with a piece of ghost-shaped (sort of) plastic glued to the top that contains one of those double-image pictures: at one angle, you see a sepia head-&-shoulders photo of a 19th-century gentleman with a luxuriant mustache, and at another angle, a skull/skeleton with an eyeball placed in one of its empty sockets (wow! someone made that for me, I forget who...but its internal space is so tiny, I'm puzzled about what to use it for)
(3) but I can top both of those with this item: a pale grey envelope with "To My Lover—" written in my handwriting on it, containing a semi-poetic billet doux (love note) I wrote to Bob, with references indicating I gave it to him while we were backpacking in the mountainous West Texas wilderness—get this: it has a date on it, and the year is 1980!!

I hope those items amused y'all....

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-20-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee, you are hilarious, the chubby cheeks are still totally there I just have a good tilt angle on my head and chose a decent filter. Seriously, I was the same weight pretty much in my last profile photo the one I deleted. You did so good resisting the cake, I know I really have wanted a chocolate bar the past few days and I feel annoyed because I shouldn't want it but I really do.

Betsy - Dunno a lot of just nothing this weekend.

Sam - Hope your headache goes away kudos to you for still doing cardio even when you don't feel well!

Fi - I think I need to copy your project just getting the current clutter that is out and about under control seems overwhelming though. There is always just something "more important" or i'm "too tired" or i

Larry - Good for you for staying focused and determined, I don't have that drive at this point.

Terra - Look at you and a new profile photo!

So I overdid it last night with eating too much stuff my friend barbecued, we just had burgers and hot dogs, spinach dip and rice crackers no salads etc, and watched the game(hockey) and had afew drinks. I ate way more than I should have. So I know I spiked my blood sugar (all those white bread based buns etc) oops. And had way too many calories.

Everyone else hope you have better days and weeks ahead.

So something a LITTLE fun I put my current weight into a BMI calculator with my ACTUAL height. (5 foot 11.5) instead of the 5'11 I have to use in a chart that goes up in increments and I am SO close to getting out of the "extremely obese" category. I feel like I should push myself to acheive that by the end of may even though its a bit ambitious. That said I'm actually UP from yesterday... because of my bad choices last night. A nd unfortunately tonight will be a challenge too.. (making some northamericanized sushi type stuff for a friends birthday). White rice... yikers.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi That is a ton of stuff! I'm like that too with things...My closet right now looks horrendous and really needs to be gone through. I remember when my BIL moved in we had to move everything in our office to our room because we are in a two bedroom apartment. Geeze was that so much fun! LOL

Larry Great job on staying under your calories! I am kind of on a green bean kick myself. Unfortunately I don't have my own garden but I get them at the farmer's market when they're open and they're so good.

Terra Loving the new avatar!!

UbeeHehehe Hopefully one of these days! Right now I'm working on me so hopefully when I do get pregnant one day I'll be able to bounce my weight back and not fall into bad habits I'm really excited! I also think that Vitex I'm taking is working...I'm starting to get menstrual cramps so hopefully any day now my TOM will be making an appearance

Betsy Thank you so much! I am very pleased with the news It's nice to have a friend team up with me, but unfortunately she just moved about 2 hours away from me so we're having to do everything online or over the phone. I'm hoping that sometimes one of us can go visit one another though. Maybe I can get her into this thread. She's under 300 but you guys would love her! She's very busy helping run her family's restaurant though so who knows

Silent Luckily it ended up going away. I think it's just from seasonal allergies

Today DH had a doctor's appointment for fasting blood work to check all of his sugars and cholesterol, etc. He has to go back next week to get the results. I told him to write the numbers down because I want to know what they are. I love him, but it seems like every time he goes to the doctor he just says yeah hun, my numbers were good lol...I want to know so if I need to help him some with cutting things he shouldn't be eating I can do so. We went to Sam's after I got off work to grab a few things for him to juice and some chicken. He didn't have his ID with him last time we renewed our card so he had to get another one. He HATES the picture. He couldn't believe how fat his face has gotten. I'm hoping that picture will motivate him some. He ended up wanting a snack at the snack bar and ate a chicken sandwhich. Then felt bad about it so instead of me making both of us dinner, he just wants to drink a juice instead. I'm glad he is seeing things like that he shouldn't eat that crap because he'll feel bad about it later. It's all about conditioning with him, and he sure has come a long way from when I first started my journey. Luckily for me I only have to cook for one, so I'm going to try out my zucchini pizza crust tonight...He has no interest in it so it's the perfect night to try it out. I think I'm going to top it with some red onion, mushroom and goat cheese...maybe I'll cook up a piece of chicken and throw it on there.

I spent 2 1/2 hours last night typing stuff up along with a first week meal plan for my friend and some other useful tools to get her started. She was blown away by all the stuff I sent her and wouldn't stop thanking me. I just hope she uses the information!! I can't do it for her, she has to do it for herself. I told her for now to just focus on making small changes instead of going all in at once, or else it won't stick. That's what I did. I even told her not to worry about too strenuous exercise for now, but to try and get at least a 30 minute walk in a couple days a week. As soon as she gets internet at her place we're going to skype so that will be good so we can talk a little better than just over the phone.

I just finished my cardio exercise. Tonight I only did 30 minutes. I was attempting to do this one video that was 30 minutes with several high intervals but could only get half way through and then just did 20 minutes of another video. I'm pooped and I can feel the burn in my legs today. Luckily tomorrow is rest day so they can have a break.

Hope everyone is doing great! Love that I have you all as a part of my journey. I'm off to tackle this pizza crust! Have a great evening all!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #163  

Another under goal day Total calories today 1,094 My Goal is 1,640

I am about to switch to fresh vegetables in a big way. My garden has wax and green beans ready for picking along with 4 different varieties of lettuce, Radishes, Green Onions, Cilantro, Beet Greens and Collards. My tomatoes are just starting to change colors and my peppers are forming small peppers. The egg plants are getting taller but have no flowers yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2627.jpg (61.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Nice work, Larry!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #165  

Good Morning!
Atalanta good to see you cheering us on!
Larry fresh veggies! Lucky guy!
Sam say Hi to TOM and tell him I don't miss him at all! How was the pizza? It sounded yummy.
Silent your face is slimmer and you are pretty. No arguing! I am right on this.
Fi maybe your house should be on Hidden Treasures.
Betsy you use the elliptical? That thing belongs in a torture chamber. Did you meet your weigh/measure goal?

I do not have a plan for supper so I best get on that.
Was good yesterday and wondering why my scale did not show a 10 pound loss.
Patience Grasshopper...

Last edited by Ubee; 05-21-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Closed Thread