Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #361  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

So much for chilling out for the evening lol. Ended up baking after all. A tray of Ginger Oat Crunch and a batch of my new Coconut Kisses with Lemon Curd frosting to hold them together . Got the kisses all bagged up will pack up the crunch in the morning when it has set properly. So much for an early night lol. But it was fun, hopefully it all tastes good. Tried altering the crunch to see if it will set if I go dairy free. If it works I will do dairy free next time . The kisses are gluten free
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #362  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

LOL Ubee... Me too... I grew up in Northern Illinois and Wisconsin was our vacation destination! (Door County.. ahhhhhhhh - grandparents had a cottage there on the Lake side) and camping all over the place... A friend of mine lives in Burlington (Well really Bohners Lake) and my next bratwurst will be nice and BEEEEEEE utiful! LOL

Fera.. That house is so wonderful and the YARD! WOW! wonderful place for dreams to happen! I hope and pray that you get the wonderful answer to move there!

Stephanie... YEP you will see that Twoderland ! I betcha.. You are doing GREAT!

ALI... WEEEEEEE 311! and almost - almost into the single digits! It will be there really soon!.

Watch... I say your images... WOW you are so skinny! I know we shouldn't say that.. but wow! you Look GREAT! Gives me hope that I will look better when I lose more weight! Skip and laugh alittle today.. YOU Deserve it!

Katt... I think that the baking is your soul's way of singing... and you make other's sing when you treat them with a taste. Amazing what happens when you do things you love and share with others .... you are truly passing love and kindness and happiness to everyone! (Sounds like you had a perfect day off!) I hope you are staying warm during your winter... sending you some HOT/HUMID Florida air.. tho no BIG WINDS!

I kept hoping to see that 212.. but nope.. so I am using my Monday's low weight for weighing in this week.. (makes the chart happier! LOL)

SW 4/28 225.8
Lbs to lose: 29 lbs
GW - 196.8 oh wow

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 222.2 (-3.6 ) Total loss= 3.6 good start!
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: DNW (Bad Sue!)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 229.0 (+6.8) total loss = +3.2 boo..GONE next week!
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 224.2 (-4.8) total loss = 1.6 so far .. sigh
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 220.4 (-3.8) total loss = -5.4 total Yay! did a fat fast last weekend
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 218.4 (-2.0) total loss = -7.4 cool beans!
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 218.8 (+.4) total loss = -7.0 Should be 12 by now!
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 220.2 (+1.4) total loss -5.6 (note I did get up to 225)
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 220.6 (+.4) total loss -5.2 I am finally going down and Boy do I need to move the right way!
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13: 216.0 (-4.6) total loss 9.8 lbs.. I was 215 yesterday... booo 19.2 more to go!
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20: 215.2 (-.8) total loss 10.6 lbs Hooray!
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27: 213.2 (-2.0) total loss 12.6
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 07-23-2014 at 08:03 AM.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Mandy – those books sound right up my alley! I like romance as long as there is a story, and hopefully the story is more the focus. I’m not sure exactly where the Outlander series goes as far as that is concerned but so far definitely more story line which I like a lot! When I’m done with that I’ve made a note to check out the Dark Hunter series – I have heard someone else mention that too so that’ll be next on my list!
Ubee – Well what I did is just fixed more, smaller meals (5-6 a day instead of 3 bigger ones) – which helped. And since I’m usually the one to cook, I was cooking only enough for that meal. That made it kind of hard b/c we rely on leftovers for lunches a lot. So I switched things up a big and went ahead and cooked the extra food, but just packaged it up into single serve dishes and put in the fridge before we even ate. Also, if I made a full pan of something then I cut it into servings to start with before anyone digs in. And I package out all snacks into single servings ahead of time so they can just grab a snack bag instead of digging out of the big container. If I made something sweet I cut them into half servings b/c I KNOW my family will always eat 2 lol So they actually only get one serving but feel like they are getting 2 
The other thing – is smaller plates – it really is more about tricking them lol It seems like as much when the plate is full. Also I got them to start eating at the table so we could sit and chat as we ate – that helped a lot to b/c it wasn’t just sitting around in different spots shoveling it in mindlessly lol – and I did get them to switch to drinking water at dinner – I read somewhere that helps to drink water between bites… I dunno if that’s true or not though. But we sit and talk and so we eat slower and have more time to realize when we feel full. And I just don’t make a big deal out of it – so it’s not like, hey we are changing this guys.

Watchout – DARN TOM! I know I hate TOM too, but hang in there and you’ll see one der land very soon!
Katt – OMG mine does that too when I read…. He got the evil eye a lot last night! Lol Glad you made it to the gym and that you are loving it! 
What do I do at night? Well on a normal night if I’m not working late, usually get off work around 4:30pm, prep dinner, do my fitness blender workout, finish dinner, eat, clean up, go for my walk or garden work, shower, get the kiddo ready for bed, read or watch tv together for a bit, then in bed around 11pm. Of course that’s summer schedule.
Once school starts back in a few weeks then my fitness blender workout will get moved to while I’m on lunch for work b/c after work will be getting munchkin doing her homework and all that mess and running around for whatever sports/activities she has going on.
I get asked those kinds of questions all the time too, but I find that really, you make time for what’s important to you. Pre-Atkins I used to bake all the time – and I made nearly everything from scratch – bread, cookies, crackers, granola bars, etc. My friends would always be like I don’t have time to do that – but it was important to me that I fed my family the least amount of chemicals possible so I made the time to do it.

And I’m back up to 313 today grrrr… I’m assuming all still TOM related. Such a pain lol -- Hope to hit those single digits very very soon!
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #364  
Trying again

SUE - I never thought of my baking that way .. but you are right .. I do get the same joy and pleasure from baking and giving it away as I did when I was performing on stage … I do like to make others happy .. and I am loving the experimenting I am now doing to make my goodies better for some (gluten free .. or dairy free .. low cal etc) … lots of trial and error .. but fortunately less error nowadays as I am getting used to the ingredients I am using lol. Its actually a nice crisp sunny-ish day today .. apparently we are going to have a fine weekend, cold but fine lol .. and I love days like that too. I dont mind the hot but you can keep the humid over your way rofl … Im happiest when the temps are around 20-22C I think … it doesn’t sound like much .. but considering most of our country is under an ozone hole its a good temp lol. And yup .. lets keep the chart happy lol .. Im sure next week it will settle nicely to the 12 if not below Actually I reckon you will be skipping into 211

EASILY - I so need to read up on Football before the next season so I can cheer with the rest of you and know what Im cheering about lol .. I think your quarterbacks get the rah rah the same as pretty much any of our All Blacks do We are definitely a Rugby nation over here, and I do feel I let the country down lol .. but then I just dont see the point … either that or Im just bored of seeing so much of it. It used to be like 6 months a year (then cricket would have the other 6 months) .. now it just seems to go ALL YEAR!!! UGH .. if its not getting played here its getting played in International tournaments etc … hence why I love Olympic games cos I get to see sports I wouldn’t otherwise see .. In NZ we have our version of cable (Sky TV) .. and we have to pay extra for the Sports Channels package .. which I only get for the Formula One lol .. BUT .. even on the 4-5 channels its still Rugby rugby cricket .. yuck … I get excited when I see there is a dart thing on lol .. and I do admit to watching a little Ice Hockey … was a Gretzky fan when I was little. As for crushes .. I have a question to put out there later in my babble lol .. Im so pleased that things are starting to get back on track for you … I might have missed you commenting .. but where are you moving to??

ALI - Sounds like you have a busy evening too .. which to me makes sense when you have any children … but Im baffled why it seems hard when you just have you and hubby at home lol … and I do think the way you think about giving your family the best you can in regards to chemical free and fresh is important .. if you have the time (and ability) to do it. Im sure TOM is giving everyone grief at the moment in some way .. I am just hoping mine sods off today so I have time to de-bloat (lol) before my weigh in tomorrow .. I think a week is long enough when it took its sweet time to make an appearance Those single digits are just a little away .. you are doing great oooooh .. just noticed .. does that mean you are 10 pounds away from the big 5-0??? OMG .. that is HUGE!!! You need to have a good treat in mind for that one

So as I said up above I ended up caving in and baking something anyway … even though I said I wasn’t going to lol … I had planned on no baking this week .. just to take a break .. but I felt guilty not being able to offer anything to my customers yesterday lol .. so I thought a little baking would be ok … also thought I would start adjusting the crunch recipe to dairy free .. in stages though … before I use the expensive dairy free option I use a similar ingredient, but it still contains dairy .. and its half the price lol .. good for consistency when Im trying to see if it will work … I think it will .. but will have to adapt it a little more to thicken the topping cos it doesn’t quite set the same as if I used butter. As for the coconut kisses .. I have already made them gluten free … but again need the setting right if I want it to be dairy free too .. at least my frosting for the “glue” is dairy free lol .. so will get some more ingredients tonight and try a little different on the weekend. Almost had the day off today but I asked to work cos it will only be for a few hours and it makes sure I get to the gym cos its just over the road lol … even trying out my new boots at work .. heels .. yeah .. WHOLE new experience of walking lol … I feel like I have to take pin steps instead of my usual stride .. how the heck do women run in these things!!??? And they aren’t even those little spindly heels .. they are like 1 inch thick!

Here is todays question .. Thinking of Star Crushes .. who did you .. or do you think of in that way?? Or who would you love to meet (dead or alive) and why?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Day!
Katt it took me a long time to think of my famous person I would like to meet. In the end I chose two. Flylady and Richard Simmons. They both live a life of service, helping people who feel so down on themselves. Just would like to meet them and thank them.
As for what do I do at night I would like to say as little as possible. Our daughter has autism so in between constantly helping/keeping an eye on her my husband and I like to get in a lot of talking. He goes online and reads the news to me and then we chat on about it.
Ali thanks for the tips. The one that really jumped out at me was storing the leftovers in small portion containers. I have bought smaller plates but I am going to get smaller bowls also.
Easily glad your hormones are settling down. As for taking less of a price on your house I hear you. Money comes and goes and goes but we need to make the most of our days.
Sue nice loss. Good job! I'll be headed up to Door County next month for a day. Too many shops, people, $$$$$, but the scenery is free and it is glorious!
Watchout that %^&* TOM! You are so close I feel like holding my breath.
So onto the duh ubee page. I have been upping my exercise and just now found out endorphines come about when you get your heart rate up.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #366  

Katt – oh my famous person is EASY!! My Star Crush, is Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue --- O….. M…… G! HAHAHA
And yes, now the single digits are so close I can taste them lol!! My official weight loss as of today total is 43lbs so about 7 more to go for the big 5 – 0!
Nice deal on the dairy free – my daughter has allegies to it some so I try to limit her dairy and look for a lot of alternatives too. She seems to handle the higher fat dairies ok its’s the staright milk and stuff we see giving her issue. Your baking always sounds so yummy!

Thanks Sue!!! Nice to see your #’s heading the way you want too! Onederland is sooooo close!

And today I'm down to 310 so I hope I do not see 310, 311, 312, 313 or worse again! LOL
Old 07-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #367  
Trying again

UBEE - I definitely have Richard on my list of would love to meet and chat to him for sure .. he is the one of the reasons I had started this journey I remember wishing he would visit NZ and do a show or class or something .. but I guess its a long way for him to fly .. even though he did do an advertisement for our national airline lol …. loved it And I think your evening sounds lovely too, I have nights like that with hunny occasionally too.

ALI - I love trying out new recipes … my sister and her two sons can’t eat dairy (funny as they own a dairy farm lol) .. and one of my nieces can’t have wheat …. its such a weird thing, when I wrote my original cookbook 20 years ago it had nothing to do with allergies or low fat lol .. so its nice to review and make alterations for a healthier version.

EASILY - I need one of your chairs lol .. hunny has a recliner but I have the couch lol. Nothing wrong with your picks either lol .. I think its a great combo I love the way you think in regards to moving … I know where we are living is not going to be my forever home .. just my while Im working one lol .. it is a big house … and we do seem to fill it (4 bedrooms, double garage PLUS a single garage) … so when we downsize its going to be interesting lol… have a few years to go yet though.

START WEIGHT: 246.3
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 26.3
ACHIEVED: - 13.9 pounds

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 244.7 (-1.6)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 242.4 (-2.4)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 242.4 (0)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 240.3 (-2.1)
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 239 (-1.3)
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 240 (+1) TOM + Carb fest
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 238.8 (-1.2)
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 241.8 (+3) ARGGGGHHHHHH
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 237.9 (-3.9)
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13: 236.2 (-1.7)
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20: 234.1 (-2.1)
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27: 232.4 (-1.7)
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Yikes gotta go ... gym or miss!!! Little sore this morning so will be a gentle one today I think lol
Old 07-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #368  

Easily - you crack me up! But yeah he is a little before my time, I am 32 – but my older cousins kind of introduced me and my hubby is about 10 years older than me and a huge fan so I have lots of exposure lol 
We went to two Crue Fest tours a couple years ago --- wow! Lol I do have other crushes too though – Gerard Butler! Hello! Lol With that accent, and those eyes – geez a loo lol! Um, I kind of have a thing for older men too I guess b/c Liam Nessen (sp??) is a major crush of mine! Lol Nicholas Cage is nice too – ya know I loved him in National Treasure, that’s the first time I was like oh wow, he’s good lookin! Lol My hubby and I have chats all the time about who’s hot and who’s not and who our celeb crushes are lol I could write a novel on em all but those above are probably my top 3 … maybe lol Oh yeah and the lead singer from Avenged Sevenfold – M. Shadows…. Yeah he has to go on the list too lol  Yeah the whole rock and roll thing gets me too lol Ok I need to stop my list will never end!
Oh and I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous on your move!!!! I live in Virginia and I so desperately want to move to either Wyoming or Washington State! Maybe one day – but congrats to you on your move/trip!

Katt – I didn’t know you wrote a cookbook – how awesome!!  That’s really great!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #369  
Sue finding inner song

Everyone is having a Down Down pounds Week Hooray.. and Easily.. you did too.. its just stress/water/and House lbs attached to you... They are just sticky note lbs and not glue lbs!

Such great wisdom is found here! and UBEE.. I am jealous!!!!! Wave at Cave Point for me.. or Fish Creek (Love that town!) and the DRIVE IN! lol

Gosh.. thinking of a crush.. I have had so many over the years.. but I have a few men that I would still love to meet and well.. :blush: you know.. Sean Connery.. sorry.. as James Bond - HE CAN Take advantage of me right this second! LOL and Simon LeBon or John Taylor from Duran Duran.. oh the fantasies I had of them (I finally got to see them in concert when all the originals got back together years ago). I find that I would go see a movie when Christian Bale is in it... Something about his intensity gets me... LOL well at least I named a person you all know! LOL. Now to meet someone to TALK too! LOL That would be anyone that had something interesting to say......and knowledge that I could learn from - Dr Atkins (tho he died ), Dali Lama, Dave Ramsey (talk show host - economist), another Talk Show host I won;t name as I might be boo'd. but who inspires me, Tony Stewart (Nascar owner/driver) and would have loved to meet and talk to Steven Irwin (who died) Australia Zoo...

May tomorrow (Friday for us and Saturday for Katt) be a really terrific and NON Stressful day for us all! Laugh at least once.. try for twice and make it perfect for 3 times and your soul will sing!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 07-24-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #370  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys, saw 299.6 on the scale this morning! Hoping it holds until tomorrow, because I already treated myself!

My "getting under 300" reward.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #371  
Sue finding inner song

and another for the shoes!

YEAH and Fera! WOWOW You are in TWODERLAND! That is awesome and now you get to strut in some nice foot wear!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #372  
Trying again

WELCOME to TwoTown Mandy!!! Great one ... not a huge shoe nut .. but even I can appreciate those cuties lol .. you look like you have little feet .. lucky you! lol

I forgot to put who I would love to chat to ... Sean Connery .. OH YEAH!! lol .. love love love the accent and he is a very attractive man at any age!! (I love him on Darby OGill & the Little People .. yep .. older movie lol) .... Speaking of accents .. Billy Connelly ... I think I am hooked on the Scottish brogue lol ... would also LOVE to chat to Robin Williams ... and Billy Crystal ... both humorous and have interesting views of the world ... Oh .. and will just sneak in a Duran Cheer too .. John Taylor & Roger Taylor for me though lol .. trying to think who else I had on my wall .. Ricky Martin when he was in Menudo lol ... Rick Springfield ... and I like Nick Cage too ... oh .. and Brendan Fraser .. yummy lol ... other than those .. would love to chat to Richard Simmons, Oprah, Jeremy Kyle, Julie Andrews, some of the Iron Chefs lol ... yip ... there are lots of people I would love to chat to ...

Had a good day today ... was a little sore in the leg today .. but I still managed to get in a good workout 35 minutes on the treadmill (just over 3km) .. then a quick 5km on the cycle ... and another 5 min on the stair stepper before I did my PT time ... boy ... feeling new muscles lol ... but good day
Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #373  

Yeah, Sue, I’m totally with you – my meetings with the ones I listed, super specifically Nikki Sixx and Gerard Butler I have very very little interest in chatting with HAHA! I might would chat Liam Niessen a bit… lol
Mandy – congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so fantastic, I hope to join you very very soon!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #374  
~*Mandy*~

Katt - My feet are huge lol. That's a US women size 10. Not sure how that translates into other sizes, but most stores only go up to 11 or 12.

Best thing about those shoes? I got them on sale for half price, and was able to snag a half price pair of cute flipflops, too.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #375  
~*Mandy*~

Start Weight: 323.0
Goal Weight: 293!
Loss goal: 30 pounds

Week 04 - MAY 30: 319.6 (-3.4)
Week 05 - JUNE 3: 317.6 (-2.0)
Week 06 - JUNE 13: 313.6 (-4.0)
Week 07 - JUNE 20: 310.4 (-3.2)
Week 08 - JUNE 27: 308.4 (-2.0)
Week 09 - JULY 4: 307.2 (-1.2)
Week 10 - JULY 11: 304.0 (-3.2)
Week 11 - JULY 18: 303.2 (-0.8)
Week 12 - JULY 25: 299.2 (-4.0)
Week 13 - JULY 31: 297.4 (-1.8)

Week 14 - AUGUST 8:
Week 15 - AUGUST 15:
Week 16 - AUGUST 22:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUGUST 29:

Total lost: 25.6

Pounds to go: 4.4

I forgot to post this yesterday...

I had a bit of a whoosh after TOM and travel related water retention disappeared.

I think I'll change my goal to 293 and an even 30 pounds.

Last edited by FeraFilia; 08-08-2014 at 01:23 PM.