Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #346  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Hey Katt.. I am thinking that you are spreading your lovely wonderful treats around to everyone and they are enjoying them... HMMMM Maybe a side job as a baker? We have people around here the go from office to office selling lunches.. I bet you could do that (tho on your days off LOL) and sell all your goodies.. I am looking forward to your cook book! I am standing in line! Happy Day to hear about the less extra skin on your arms! WOOHOO! You are younger so you have more elasticity THANK GOD!.. Mine is wrinkly now.. but I too have muscle that shows thru! See we just have to take care of this shell of ours! Glad for you!

Mandy.. I am so happy for you (rest too) and to see that scale down before your eyes! Yep the "2's" are right there for you!

Ali.. I too love the Fall... Tho we don't get it here in South Florida.. I grew up in the Chicago area and the smells in the fall.. AHHHH and the tree colors (Yep Katt) The Yellow Birches, the Red Maples So beautiful and fall just makes you feel bouncy and want to walk around outside (For me)..

Ubee... I hope you are having a good no scratch that.. a Great Day! and Maybe your hubby will follow thru with his decission.... Just never know..

About saying that sorry word.. Gosh I say it alot of the time for even the small things I say that I think might hurt someone.. I find tho that I feel better knowing I said that and that the person I say it too understands that I did not mean any of the words said to be hurtful ( even tho some of them I read into too much!).. I also find that few people in my realm say they are sorry to me.....ever.. and I mean ever. Its like I am saying sorry for everyone I know because they don't know how too.... I pondered this question that you put out there Katt for a long time and it took me awhile to realize this answer...

I am sitting here enjoying (LOL) my burnt Bratwurst... Yep Charcoal... I got a new grill and had a timer and low an behold it cooks faster than my old one.. so I have charcoal bratwursts LOL (Too expensive to waste.. so like my Dad used to say about burnt toast..- Burnt toast - Bratwurst or whatever, gives you curly hair and I HAVE curly hair! LOL)

Have a really nice and happy week all and may you laugh outloud many times!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #347  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Ubee - This is the house we'd be moving into:

I am so in love with this place. So much space.
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 AM   #348  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

MANDY - LOVE the house .. looks beautiful and all that lovely space outside too!! Sort of place we want to retire to ... well .. hunny wants to retire .. so as long as its close enough for me to get to work I will be happy to go home to it when Im not working lol .. but it really is lovely .. so pleased for you

UBEE - ooops on the button I pushed ... didnt mean to ... but I do find it a bug bear that people get so ga ga .. I even remember seeing footage of like the Beatles and there are people screaming and crying and fainting and Im like HUH???? See the same with these boy bands etc .. nope .. just dont get it lol .. its a sad state to know that there really is enough money in the world to feed everyone and put a roof over everyones heads ... unfortunately its not actually available to everyone .. mind you .. having said that .. it doesnt mean you dont still have to work for it ... my pet peeve is those that get government support and they spend it on drink or drugs ... grrrrr ... Im not happy paying taxes for that! I have also heard stories of some of these beneficiaries that go on holidays to Australia and the Islands .. gees .. when I was a single mum on a benefit I couldnt even afford to go on a camping holiday in the next town with my daughter!!! Mind you .. I didnt know all the little loopholes apparently lol.

SUE - I do get told I should open a bakery .. but then that would be work lol .. and have been told to go to the markets .. but I am working when they are on now lol .. I think I get more pleasure out of just baking them and giving them away .. I have been told it has made peoples day so that makes my day too I had a lady come in yesterday just to get a break from sitting with her mum at the hospital before she went back to her vigil .. so I gave her a few pieces of the ginger crunch I had there for her to enjoy with her mum .. she cried .. not quite the effect I was after ... but I understood and it made me feel really good ... its a little thing, but you never know how your actions will help or hinder someone else .. so its a good thing to keep doing those little positive things when you can
You sound like me with the sorry lol .. well .. maybe not so much anymore .. I think I am more careful now so I dont have to say it as often as I used to lol ... and I do understand how its hard for others .. I cant say I LOVE to say it lol .. but I will because I hate hurting others more. I know my mum has never said it .. at least not without something along the lines of I should understand where she is coming from lol .. but then my granny didnt even do that lol .. so that is probably a learned behaviour ... with granny it was never admit to being wrong .. you could say the sky is blue and she says its green .. damned if that woman would admit that she was wrong .. incorrect even!! lol .. lord love her Took me a long time to get to the point where it didnt hurt with her .. almost there with my mum .. never too old to learn huh?

Well so much for the gym today ladies lol .. got so busy sorting everything out at work that before I knew it it was 4pm and my hunny would be picking me up in an hour and I still hadnt finished all my jobs! While I may not have made it to the gym it was a very physical day for me .. moving clothes, racks, stands, hanging and even vacuuming lol .. so arm is a little more sore than it should be .. but it was a job well done I think ... instead I am going into work with hunny in the morning so I can go to the gym for a good long workout instead After that I will just come home and spend the afternoon chillaxing and maybe cross stitching .. cuddling up with the dogs, watch a bit of TV, dinner alone tomorrow cos its hunnys Curry Night with the boys lol .. so probably a nice bowl of chicken soup for dinner (esp if its as cold as it is tonight lol) ... was thinking of baking ... but I have been baking each of my days off for the last few weeks and not relaxing at all .. so going to give it a go ... no guarantee .. if I get bored I will probably make a little something .. Ginger Crunch perhaps lol ..

Have a good day everyone .. keep warm where its cold and cool where its hot
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Day!
Sue I must say "Sorry" all the time also because my girls do, so they must get it from me. Often people ask "Why are you sorry?" Also I am forever saying thanks to people even when they haven't done anything. I live in Wisconsin Brat World! Everyone likes their brats burnt, so you did good!
Mandy that is a lovely home! Use a push mower and you will get all the exercise you need. Will you need to buy furnishings?
Katt the daughter holding vigil and crying at your gesture brought tears to my eyes. To some of us those small gestures mean the world.
Today will be the first big harvest of my raspberries. I got a good laugh this morning. I opened my fridge and someone had given us raspberries yesterday while we were gone. I'll have to ask my daughter who it was. Guess it will be a good crop this year. I freeze them individually on a cookie sheet and then package them. My daughter likes to eat them frozen in the winter one at a time.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #350  
~*Mandy*~

Ubee - the home is owned by the church... a perk of the position for my husband, so to speak. And the church owns 20+ acres, so they contract out the landscaping work. Which is good, because I'm pretty severely allergic to grass/grass pollen. I couldn't mow my teeny tiny lawn when I had one, because I'd be near hyperventilation and covered in hives by the time I did the front lawn! I even get a little itchy around freshly mowed grass - which I suffer gladly because I love the smell lol.

Katt - Take a day off and rest! You deserve a lazy day to snuggle up with your fur babies. And I'm sure your arm will appreciate the rest day, as well. I'm impressed with your gym-dedication, though. And someday I'll get to that point, too!

And for me - I've been obsessing over the scale the last few days since I'm so close to 299. Today was 300.8. So I should get there SOON!

Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #351  
Trying again

MANDY - The house does sound fantastic .. and I love the smell of freshly mowed grass too .. my MIL does our lawns .. not cos we ask her to .. she is just obsessive about them lol .. so we let her go for it .. although we are going to tell her to leave a section out the back alone to grow a bit so the dogs have something to hunt through .. so darn short .. grrr ... and yes Im having the day at home .. so excited for you zooming into Twotown too!

So yep .. home today .. resting .. got a little bored and then hunny sent me a text to say that he isn't going out for dinner with the boys now because some of them can't make it due to the weather .. so I said well .. what do you want for tea cos Im having my soup lol .. he said if I wasn't gonna share my soup he could have some mince if I could get it out of the freezer ... so good little me did .. then I thought hummm .. I should probably do something with it cos its so cold it won't defrost sitting on the bench anyway .. so into the microwave to slowly defrost it ... then I thought well .. I might as well do something with it ... so out comes the mini slow cooker and I have tossed it into there with a can of baked beans, tomato sauce, honey/soy/garlic marinade, caesar dressing, mixed herbs, carrots, peas ... will add some more veges later I think .. and Im going to attempt to make some potato & cornmeal dumplings to pop on top later ... lord knows what its gonna taste like .. cos of the tomato additions its something I won't be tasting lol .. will probably add a little rice later too if it looks liquid filled lol ... am now back in the lounge trying to defrost myself cos darn my kitchen is an ice box!!

I MISS THE GYM!!!!! .. just saying lol ..
Old 07-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Mandy – congrats!!! It’s so exciting to move out of the 300’s! Wish I could have seen the pic of the new house but congrats none the less!

Katt – no canned pumpking??? OMG! Lol I love all things pumpkin! Which is bad, soooo bad lol And I’m fixing to have a real hard time come fall – b/c my baking mode kicks into overdrive and I usually make tons of biscuits, apple butter, desserts, etc etc etc…
Congrats on the arm progress too!!
And in regards to celebs – I too think it’s ridiculous, but the ones you mention who are going crazy and treat them like royalty are exactly why they are still treated that way – honestly, ‘we’ are the problem. If ‘we’ had sense and treated them as people then all the craziness would stop but ‘we’ don’t. For the pay – well that’s where I usually differ from most people on my opinion – they get paid what we give them really. We all flock to the theater and buy dvd’s or sports jerseys, etc etc – they are paid in terms of what we are willing to spend based off of what they do. And it’s private business – so it’s hard to compare that to police, firefighters, teachers, soldiers, they are in a service position paid by the public usually – so that’s why they don’t get paid what they are worth – but limiting what private business can earn won’t change that so I don’t necessarily have a problem with what celebs are paid, and feel like if we as a society have a problem with what they earn, then we should put our $ elsewhere instead and stop giving them all the fame and attention we do. I don’t really believe that you help the poor by limiting what others can do – I think there are lots of things that could and should be done to help the poor, just don’t think holding others back/down is the right answer necessarily.

Ubee – good luck to your hubby! Hopefully he’ll get there!

I've been doing pretty good the last few days with staying on plan - been batteling 313/312 - finally hit 311 this morning lol

I'm getting very close to out of the 300's as well and I can't friggin wait! I've been a bit lazy on my excercise so I have to get back to that without excuses! I also started a new book so I often find it easier to open and devour that then go workout lol
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #353  
~*Mandy*~

Scale obsession continues...

300.4 today. SO. I can now claim 30 pounds lost... but still can't claim 200s yet! Scale is a hooker, teasing me like that.

Ali - here's a link to that image, I don't know if that will help or not (it's on photobucket, so if that site is blocked for you i dunno) http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0cd9472d.jpg

Also, Ali - I read a LOT, too... That's why I've made a new book my reward for hitting the 10 pound marks. I'd be buying new books anyway, so now I just have to earn them. Which I just did, so yay new book for me!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:53 PM   #354  

Good job Mandy! What book did you get? .4 pounds to go!
Ali I found a lwo carb pumpkin soup on yummly that you should be able to adapt to Adkins. It is so good in the fall.
Katt so happy to hear you say you miss the gym. Now that is progress!
I am starting to cut back the portions for my family. I am meeting some resistance. (Especially from me.) I've been watching Heavy from the A&E channel on you tube. It is so interesting/scary to see them gobbling food like an addict. I so remember that feeling. I'm going to have to let that swirl around in my brain a little. Take care...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

I made it! Still going... on my scale at home, I weighed in at 297.2 this morning, so I am hopeful for this week's WI, that I will "officially" be under 300 lbs.

I have a lot of catching up to do here!! I hope you all can forgive me for being so bad lately.

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 27.6

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 322.6 (-3.4 lbs.)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 322.0 (-0.6 lbs.)
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 321.0 (-1.0 lbs.) - week before TOM
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 316.6 (-4.4 lbs.)
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 313.2 (-3.4 lbs.)
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 308.8 (-4.4 lbs.)
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 308.6 (-0.2 lbs.)
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13: 307.0 (-1.6 lbs.) - week before TOM
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20: 302.8 (-4.2 lbs.)
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Mandy – LMAO!!! Yes I agree, the scale IS a hooker! HAHAHA! I usually call it a wench, and a few other things lol
You are SOOOO close, eeek!! I can’t wait to see you drop out of the 300’s!
Sweet on the new book! What was it?? You’ll have to give me some book ideas! I love reading but always find myself lost on what to read. Just started Outlander at the suggestion of a friend, which from what I’m seeing there are a ton of books to go along with it.

I was able to see it with that link - wow!! Very pretty! Looks so peaceful too! Congrats!

Ubee – I always like the sweet pumpkin treats – pumpkin pie, pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin scones, pumpkin smoothies, etc etc LOL But I’ll check out that pumpkin soup too!  Portion control is really hard – and I got a lot of flack from my family when we started that too, and now I’m on the end of having a hard time to get them to eat enough LOL

Stephanie – OMG! Congrats dear!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!! So proud of you!

Last edited by Ali06; 07-22-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #357  
~*Mandy*~

Ali - I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about)... and it's 7 books, they are HUGE. You'll be reading that one for a while. I think in paperback editions the 7 books end up being about 8000 pages.

I read a lot of paranormal romances, because they are my guilty pleasure and reading is my escape. I'm a huge fan of the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon because she incorporates a lot of Greek mythology, as well as her characters are very snarky. She's great at creating a sarcastic, dark hero. She has a couple other series, as well, and I enjoy The League... it's more futuristic/sci-fi + romance. I tend to prefer reading romances, because I like the happy endings... but I like books that are in a series, so there's more to it than boy meets girl, they have conflict, they bone, then they fight and break up, then boy comes back and proposes. I used to read those, they got boring. So now I read the ones that have a lot more STORY to them, and they keep me happy.

I haven't gotten my new book yet because I just hit the number today... and I still haven't gotten my book for LAST time, so I actually get to buy two. I'm thinking I'll get the next 2 in a series that I'm reading that's more a comedic vampire type romancey series.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #358  

Ali any sugestions on the portion control for the family.
Stephanie congrats! So happy for you!!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #359  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 225.6 (-1.2) TOM
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 220.6 (-5)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 217 (-3.6)
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01: 216.4 (-.6) TOM
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08: 214.6 (-1.8)
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15: 214 (-.6) Officially 15 lbs away from onderland!
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22: 213 (-1)
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29: 212.2 (-.8) TOM. Have you ever just had a huge woosh and TOM took it from right under your feet? Yeah that happened to me. GRRRR.
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06: 207.2 (-5)
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13: 207.2 (-0) Ughhhhh. At least it's not a gain.
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20: 204.4 (-2.8)
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27: 205.2 (+0.7) TOM. It ALWAYS does this when I'm so close!

Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:

Last edited by watchoutforthatcar; 07-22-2014 at 07:23 PM.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #360  
Trying again

ALI - Nope .. no canned pumpkin lol .. mind you that is probably a good thing or i would be making Pumpkin Pie every week lol … dont have Cookie Dough either .. I do remember seeing that at one point in the freezer dept at the market .. but then it disappeared and I haven’t seen it since. I do love Pumpkin Soup though .. and we do have that often over the winter months. I used to bake a lot more when I wasn’t working .. but then that just made it easy to add on the weight lol .. so I stopped baking .. but now that Im working again its fun to bake when I can and then give it all away at work Oooh exciting about your number too! I have got to admit I was the same as you in regards to delays on the working out .. if it wasn’t reading it was cross stitch lol .. now its farming (fb) or cross stitch .. cos I will only read in bed so that I dont put everything else off … at least playing on the comp or stitching I can still converse with my hunny … he drives me nuts talking to me when Im reading lol.

MANDY - OOOOOOOOH … yep .. that scale is messing with ya lol … and yay on the 30 pounds .. GONE .. not lost .. you aren’t planning on looking for it later are you??? So kewl about your book additions … its always nice to be able to get those rewards and know there is a reason for them.

UBEE - I am loving the gym for sure As for portions .. the only way I have found that it doesn’t feel like suddenly there is less food is to serve it on gradually smaller plates … or to bulk it up using chunkier vegetables. When using the smaller plates you stack up rather than out and it looks like there is more as well We dont have that TV show I dont think over here, but we do have similar ones … and yep .. its scary to see what I used to do!

STEPHANIE - Yay .. another one so close to the big jump from ThreeVille to TwoTown Fantastic loss this week

WATCH - Well darn .. TOM is a bug isn’t it? BUT .. next week you will FLY down (as usual lol) and either hit it or just skim over Onderland Either way you will definitely be leaving Two Town by the end of this challenge

Hi everyone What a great day today .. feeling a lot happier cos I got to the gym and did my biggest workout since I started a month ago Treadmill is now definitely Level 5 on the weight loss program … so I did 30 min on that .. then 3 laps of the circuit (just under 50 minutes) and THEN another 25 minutes on the treadmill before I gratefully had a sauna

Felt fantastic .. got a few twinges lol .. but will be back there tomorrow afternoon cos Im only working in the morning .. and have already booked my Sauna lol .. so gotta earn it

Stopped to get Chinese on the way home .. so yummy as a treat .. back to my soup tomorrow night lol.

Now its time to catch up with my hunny and chill out for a while before bed … just waiting for my washing to finish so I can hang it under the heat pump for tomorrow lol (my gym gear .. really need to get more tops and pants now I am going so much more often lol).

Have a great night/day all!

Just wondering ... I take in a lot of baking which I do either end of the day or on my days off ... I get asked where do I find the time?? Im wondering ... what do people do at night?? Admittedly I do chill out a lot of times with my hunny .. but baking doesn't actually take that long lol .. less than an hour and I have a couple of different batches of goodies to take in ....