3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   May Day May Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295312-may-day-may-day-challenge.html)

Nightkatt 05-20-2014 04:13 PM

FERRIS - Thanks hun .. yes .. in NZ the apparent "Ideal" is an 8-10 in size .. Im wondering what store they are buying from .. cos if its Millers then that isn't so bad cos in reality I think that is more a 10-12 lol ... I just think an ideal being a single figure is really scary ... mind you .. the worldwide size variance is ridiculous .. as I found when I was in the US and Canada .. i felt like a giant and was wondering where all these big people were when I was there .. other than my Canadian family that is where there are a few bigger versions of the population lol. As for the pants .. didn't really have a lot of choice .. needed something other than my jeans for work lol ... but other than a couple of jackets I have on hold for me that will be it for a while I think :)

SUE - Hun if you ever feel the need to rant or vent please don't hold it back .. let it out to one of us .. either on the board or in a PM cos that is what we are here for .. so that you don't feel like you have to face it on your own and battle it without support .. big hugs and Im proud of you for stepping up and facing it then carrying on rather than letting it spiral completely out of control

UBEE - I have said it before and I will say it again .. if any of my net friends make it to NZ to Wellington they are more than welcome to camp out at my place any time .. just with a little warning so I can get a bed in lol ...
Eating tips for stress - HAVE IT .. just not a lot of it. I know that sounds like a contradiction to what we should be doing .. but I have found when I am stressed if I don't cave a LITTLE on something I probably shouldn't have I tend to get more stressed and I will just fail worse later. I also find that keeping my hands busy helps .. especially if I use it as a bribe to get over that urge or craving. I have my cross stitch or books ... so it becomes a bribe .. e.g.:
"I will just finish this row ... oh have thread left, will just finish this thread" this gets repeated until the craving or thought lessens. Once its at that stage Im like ok .. do I really want it .. or is it because something has peeved me off or upset me in some way or am I just bored? This journey has become a series of questions for me to constantly ask myself .. and the biggest hurdle I had to overcome was the constant thought of food .. what the next meal was or what snack I could have etc .. so I stopped thinking of anything in advance other than in a general term of options .. made me enjoy the food more when I wasn't thinking about it for hours in advance lol .. but this doesn't work for everyone.

BETSY - If you are anything like me its those darn potatoes .. I have found if I have more than one of the baby potatoes I gain something lol .. and as for bikini heck not for me lol .. I have bought 3 tankinis ... so its a nice long top over knicker bottoms ... prefer to a one piece as they don't cling ... mind you .. have to already rehome one pair .. or not swim in them cos they are loose on me and would hate them to fall off when wet!!! :o One fits nicely now and the other one is a size smaller ... I got them all when they were in a clearance sale from summer into winter lol .. so next summer I will be all set :)

Right .. time to get to work .. got the baking and ready to go .. have to get there early so I have time to vac the whole shop cos its been driving me nuts for a week how bits of paper etc are all over the place and dust bunnys are breeding ... too hard to do when the shop is open cos I don't want to trip the customers up lol ..

Will catch up tonight again .. hugs all!

lostbutstilltrying 05-21-2014 07:55 AM

I am a bit late to start, but I think I feel confident enough and have a plan now, so I will join :

START WEIGHT: 323 (at beginning of may)
GOAL WEIGHT: 299

Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 315
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Vortex_VVV 05-21-2014 09:04 AM

Lively discussion in here. Who's the little green guy?

Just wanted to post to say I'm alive! Had two bad eating days after joining here, but I'm starting today determined to get back on track.

Also, I'm heading out on a trip Friday, so I won't be weighing next week and might not be great about posting, but will try to keep up.

betsy2013 05-21-2014 12:14 PM

I think the big stabilization after the whoosh earlier is finally happening. Does anyone else have that happen after a whoosh -- takes a few days for your body to adjust/stabilize/whatever and your weight might yo-yo up and down by a pound or two? I was down a pound this morning again, so I'm hoping that means that my body is ready to go back into losing mode -- and it will be fat this time and not water!

Got to get it in gear. have a great day.

dogpal 05-21-2014 12:28 PM

START WEIGHT: 291
GOAL WEIGHT: 52 pounds to start with
TOTAL TO LOSE: 20 pounds for May
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 289
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 286
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Ali06 05-21-2014 04:42 PM

START WEIGHT: 343.00(5/5)
GOAL WEIGHT: 298.00
TOTAL TO LOSE: 45.00
ACHIEVED: 10.4
CURRENT WEIGHT: 332.6

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 337.2 (5/12)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 332.6 (5/18)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Hey everyone!!! I survived the bus trip, and thanks for all the helpful commetns on the seats, it was a lot of worry for nothing lol

Stayed on plan except from some canteloupe and blueberries at lunch on Monday (on Atkins, no fruits during induction). But fat % have been a little high so I dont' think the scale has moved much since Sun when I last weighed. I'll see tomorrow though :)

Only have a couple mine so sorry I can't catch up on everyone's post but just wanted to say congrats to all - and welcome to some of the new faces also!

betsy2013 05-22-2014 11:37 AM

Question for consideration: Does anyone know of a non-medical patch that helps with alleviating sugar addictions? When I stopped smoking, I used the nicotine patches for the first 3-4 days and wondered if anyone knew of something similar for sugar addiction. My reading has indicated that wearing a patch scented with vanilla helps to alleviate the cravings so I might just saturate a bandaid and wear that. But, wondered if anyone knew of something that's actually been marketed (and proven to work!).

Ubee 05-22-2014 12:08 PM

Betsy no patch knowledge here. All I know is if I stay away from sugars and carbs the craving goes away.
Good job Easily! Thanks for the laugh about the body parts! All we can do is laugh because the other option doesn't help.
Woohoo Ali! Glad you fit on the bus.;)
Dogpal nice to see you back on the horse and losing!
Vortex "There is a little green man in my head. Paranoia self destroy ya..."
Welcome lost!
Katt what is going on? I miss reading about your days. It is almost like a book or sitcom for me.
I'm going to need to be very strict to show a loss on Monday.

Ali06 05-22-2014 02:01 PM

The only thing that has worked for me to reduce cravings for sugar/sweet is cutting carbs. I do agree that everyone is different and what works for one may not for another.

But --- If you are doing low cal, low fat diet you are getting alot more carbs/sugar in your diet. Watch for hidden sugars, you'll be amazed at what all suaga is in and the amounts.

If you're not watching it now, I'd def gie it a shot, because it won't hurt to try for sure. Not going to say I never struggle, but I'm the person who had sweets EVERY day, who EVERY time I went somewhere I'd buy a candy bar or something sweet and down it before I got home, sometimes going out more than once a day. So I definitly understand what that struggle is like! And I can say now, it crosses my mind of course but it's not a major struggle like it was - I've done every diet in the book and the only thing that has ever helped me is low carb.

Also having the sugar removed from my diet I've noticed things that didn't taste sweet to me before do now... I had some canteloupe the other day which I've always hated b/c I thought they tasted so bitter - and it was like I just ate a spoon of sugar!

Good luck to you, I know that's a challenge!

Nightkatt 05-22-2014 04:11 PM

Hello everyone .. so sorry for being AWOL .. I have been reading honest just haven't time to answer and boy am I feeling tired lol .. but its all good in the hood (as my daughter says lol).
I had a carb blowout on Wednesday so as expected no loss this week .. but hey .. I didn't go up either (fortunately my weigh in is today and not yesterday or it would have been another story lol) .. but I have refocused and will restart again tomorrow for my new "week".
So .. let me think .. what have I been up to?? Work really lol .. but its been all good .. On Tuesday night when I got home and did the baking I was feeling pretty good .. even though it was a really busy day at work it was a good busy and so the day flew by. Baked the Lemon/Coconut cupcakes and the Savoury Muffins to take to work the next day .. and the damn stray cat from somewhere in the neighbourhood got FOUR of my cupcakes when I was leaving them too cool!!! Damn thing .. comes in every night and up on the bench to get whatever is left out defrosting .. drives me nuts sometimes ... but then I think the poor thing needs to eat too so I figure if its brave enough to face the 4 dogs and get back out in one piece .. it deserves its little thefts lol.
Sooo instead of 2 dozen cupcakes I had 4 less .. then another 2 less cos hunny had to try them (2 batches so each batch needed a taste test, even though it was the same mix lol) .. but the customers loved them and I even had a lady ring back in the afternoon to thank me for the lovely treat and that it was delicious .. such a nice surprise that she took the time to do that .. I have decided if I have Tuesdays off Im going to bake that day and make Wednesdays at work the mid week treat day for my customers :)
Thursday I had a much needed day off .. and even though I just wanted to curl up and sleep for the day I drove 2 hours to see my daughter and grandkids for an hour or so ... then went to visit my sister who had a bad doctors report, it seems the lumps are back and its spread a little more .. but we will keep positive .. she has beaten the odds so far so we will keep thinking that way .. but deep down it does hurt and I am so scared about losing her .. but I can't show anyone in the family that or they will think I am giving up .. which Im not .. but it doesn't stop the fear right? And tempting though it was to head for the chocolate I headed home instead .. which was a touch and go thing as I was so tired almost nodded off a couple of times so had to keep pulling over to get out and stretch my legs .. oh but I did get some BEAUTIFUL fresh veges when I was visiting .. the size of veges in a country town over the city for the same price is incredible! So last nights dinner I had a yummy chicken breast, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette, carrots & brussell sprouts .. so yummy and filling ... then I was naughty and had some of a boston bun for dessert lol .. but overall it was a good day :)
Today its back to work until Tuesday .. the weather isn't wonderful but hopefully that doesn't mean the customers won't be out and about .. we have our winter coats and jackets 30-50% off so it should encourage our shoppers now that the colder weather is starting lol.
Will do individual catch ups later team .. when I get home tonight and have more time online :)

Hugs all

sunnydispo 05-22-2014 08:03 PM

Starting weight: 375.5 pounds
Goal for June 12th: 349 pounds (26.5 pounds)
End goal: 330 pounds (45.5 pounds)

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 375.5
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 374.8 (total 0.7 pounds)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 373.0 (total: 2.5 pounds)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Ubee 05-23-2014 07:42 AM

Hi Everyone!
I will be off line until June 2.
All is good!
Stay strong. Ubee

betsy2013 05-23-2014 11:30 AM

Basically maintained this week which is fine after the big whoosh.....

START WEIGHT: 347.8
GOAL WEIGHT: 316
TOTAL TO LOSE: 31.8
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 347.8 (START)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 335.8
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 336.0
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

StephanieAZ 05-23-2014 03:13 PM

I am sorry for being MIA, I know I am behind on posts and I do intend to catch up! I just have to post because I am so excited about my weight loss this week. :D We said goodbye to my MIL at the airport today and my husband will be leaving to go back to NZ on Wednesday. :(

Anyway, more about that later... on with the WI! :)

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 7.8

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 322.6 (-3.4 lbs.)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Woohoo! Down 3.4 lbs.! My second biggest loss for a week since I started my journey. I hope everyone is doing well & I can't wait to read everyone's updates.

Nightkatt 05-23-2014 04:12 PM

Ok .. meant to come in last night for the personals but was so tired I didnt even open the computer! So before I head out to work on this rainy cold day I will catch up with everyone :)

LOST - Welcome on in .. and any time is a good time to join .. as you may know I tend to have a week or two between challenges so you can always just carry on into the next one :)

VORTEX - It is a busy chatter place for sure .. which I love and encourage lol .. like having things to read other than my own babble lol. Have a safe trip to wherever you are heading off to and look forward to "seeing" you on your return :)

BETSY - I cant remember my last whoosh lol .. I think it was when I first restarted back in August last year .. but then I didnt really stabilize or hover until earlier this year when I have had to slow down on my losses via doctors orders :/ but from what I have seen through others posts I do think its a common thing :)

DOGPAL - Great loss this week hun :)

ALI - Yay on the loss that is definitely a great whoosh. And WAHOO about the bus trip :) Im glad you had a good time and Im sure your daughter enjoyed the incredible memories to add to her memory bank :) I agree with you on the removal of certain foods make other things taste so much different, its almost like new taste buds :)

EASILY - So much to catch up with you .. love your chatter to read about :) Still say Im not a saint lol .. I think it is always a mind over matter thing .. If I don’t mind, it doesn’t matter lol .. plus losses and other issues just remind me that life is too short to not look at the glass as half full instead of empty and everything can be turned into a positive if you just stop and take the time to figure out what it is … sometimes its just the fact Im breathing through it .. other times its all about learning .. definitely something I have learned is that you never stop learning. Yeah .. happily Obese Stage 1 now lol. I just got a size 18 top too .. its a stretchy one though so its a new experience having something that isn’t a flowing thing and not attached to the lumps n bumps lol. Hope you are feeling better and getting more sleep now and that TOM isn’t giving too much grief on this visit. Also great weight loss .. especially with TOM loitering around lol. Never heard of a weight loss patch or craving patch or whatever lol .. I still don’t understand the use of the smoking patches .. more on that later lol ..

SUNNY - Nice loss again this week .. you are keeping to your steady approach which always works out better in the end :)

UBEE - I hope its not a bad reason why we will be missing you and you will be sorely missed for sure. Look forward to seeing your name starting a post again asap :) Hugs

BETSY - Nice maintain .. its almost a theme lol .. and like its been said .. better to maintain than uber gain :)

STEPHANIE - That is a great loss .. especially with the week you had. Sad about hubby coming back over here .. not for long I hope?

Okee .. so today is Saturday over here and Im starting again after last weeks off rail days lol .. Im allowed one off rail not 4 lol .. so time to make it up this week. Yesterday was a good day at work .. managed to get a lot of things done in the store to get it looking nice and ready for the weekend :) Had a delish dinner when we got home .. my usual really lol .. but I do love my chicken n vegetables .... the treat was some cheesecake for dessert and happy me .. I didnt react to it lol .. another thing I can add to my list of non-attack foods lol.
Hunny is taking me to work today so that he can have the car, fortunately I got myself a new red winter jacket yesterday cos the weather has turned crappy lol .. and yes I chose red instead of the navy blue or black .. I just thought if I have to catch the bus on a rainy grey day I want to be a spot of brightness in the gloom :) I thought of getting one last year but couldnt find any in my price range that I could fit! So I have one now and its a little loose on me but that is because I wanted it to be big enough that if I wanted to wear a thicker layer underneath I could :)
Have already planned dinner .. hunny is having mushroom soup and Im having a minted green pea soup (something new for me lol) .. and Im making a cheese & onion omelet which we will have half of each :) Have nothing in mind for lunch though but Im hoping its so busy at work I will forget about it anyway lol. Bad I know but Im having a "tired of always thinking about food" moments so not thinking about it .. but I do have my bars and a few shakes at work in case that is the choice :)

Right .. better go get ready for work .. hugs all!