3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

May Day May Day Challenge

Old 05-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #76
Snoopy Dance'n

Sue, you are doing great! What a sweet thing to say!!! I needed that.

Woohoo Nightkatt! Congrats on the departure of another 2.4!!! Thanks so much for the kudos, too.

Oh and to answer your question, I am happy with my food plans and although things have slowed down a bit scale-wise, I am still happy that things are headed in the right direction. I like having the week to week to keep things in perspective although I weigh daily so I try to not let it frustrate me as I rollercoast throughout the week...

I most definitely appreciate you staying on top of us NightKatt because when things stall out, I really do need that boost in the old morale.

Ubee, thanks and do we need to kick you in the behind because you were misbehaving or should we be telling you to stick with what you are doing and things will soon be moving? After not having a real scale loss for 9 weeks while doing everything I possibly could in March/April, I need deets before I react.
So, pick which one... OR OR take em both...

Betsy, wowza, you had a great BIG whoosh week! WTG!

1,000 miles walking in 2014 (7/5) ✔

Last edited by Easily Amused : 05-16-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Easily Amused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #77

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/299.9

Height: 5'5"

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to post, but I wanted to check in. My MIL is here from New Zealand and my dad will be in town later this afternoon, so we've been busy! We had celebrations last night, more tonight and then the ceremony will be tomorrow afternoon.

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been reading & keeping up with you all!!

I went to my WI this morning and was down 2.4 lbs.!! I'm a bit surprised, even though I haven't gone off the "deep end" or anything and have been making reasonable choices, I didn't think I would be down that much. But happy!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and I will catch up with you all soon.

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 4.4

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

GOAL #1: 10% (319.6 lbs.) - ACHIEVED 06/13/14 / GOAL #2: Under 300 (299.9 lbs.) / GOAL #3: 20% (284.5 lbs.)
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #78

S/C/G: 330/315/160

Hi everyone,

I'm late at joining this challenge but would like to. I will post my info this weekend.

May Challenge

Starfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 AM   #79
Countdown to my Wedding!!

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

UBEE - I tend to avoid the doc if I can help it lol .. other than the weigh in with the nurse Im not overly available for him rofl ... if he puts me on the waiting list it could be months .. I can get it done sooner if I go privately but that would cost an arm and a leg .. and while that would be great for weight loss .. not overly conductive .. I would rather they take the loose skin too lol .. then lift everything that is sagging .. heck if I am going under a knife might as well make it worthwhile hehehe.

BESTY - That aint a whoosh hunny .. that is an avalanche!! WOW .. well done Keep that up and you will be at goal in 3 weeks lol ... just so long as you are doing it healthy though

EASILY - I think we all have those roller coasters we travel on ... and I found that the daily weigh in for me did more damage than good so do it twice a week .. once in the middle is my guide to how I am going for the week .. I have changed my weigh in day to Fridays now (used to be Mondays .. which made the weekends so hard lol) .. so I have a check on Tuesday/Wednesday .. it does help me better that way .. but if you find inspiration in the daily then that is great that it works for you I must admit that all of you keep me focused really. If I didn't start these challenges then I may not do as well as I am .. I think its the "I don't want to let everyone down" thought process, I feel so guilty when I go up and have to let you all know lol .. but Im getting a little better about that.

STEPHANIE - Say Kia ora to your MIL for me and tell her she isn't missing anything weather-wise over here ... although yesterday and today were lovely and sunny lol .. the rest of the week has been blegh I hope you will be posting some wedding piccys?? I know its the second one .. but I will be reshooting in December for our first anniversary as I think its a great thing to add to your wedding album or memories And well done hun on your loss Great job

STARFISH - HI!!!! Nice to see you back hun and welcome back on board Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and hope you are well

Just a quick catch up peeps I had a good day at work today .. had a little late start which was nice .. hunny made me an interesting breakfast, raspberry jam roll and a heap of grapes with a coffee lol ... never let it be said he doesn't make interesting meals Was really busy at work and ended up closing 30 minutes late due to customers so got home late, but hunny had a lovely dinner waiting for me .. lots of vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette, brussels) and a little bit of shredded chicken (which I didn't end up eating much to the dogs joy lol) ... very full now

Going to relax with hunny for the night at watch a bit of TV .. maybe do a little cross stitch ... before heading off to bed cos I got to get up early for work lol ..

Have a great weekend everyone

MAY DAY Challenge 2014 (May-Aug)

:Goal 1 - 300 pounds - reached 9.09.13 Goal 2 - 264.6 by 2/12/13 : reached 26.11.13
Goal 3 - 240 reached 23.05.14: Goal 4 - 220
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #80

Starting weight: 375.5 pounds
Goal for June 12th: 349 pounds (26.5 pounds)
End goal: 330 pounds (45.5 pounds)

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 375.5
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 374.8
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
sunnydispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #81

S/C/G: 327/264/?

Height: 5'7"

Hello!
Sunny good job on having a loss this week!
Katt love the thought process of going under and having it all done at once.
Welcome Starfish!
Stephanie you get an award for losing with all you have going on! I do hope you have pics and details to share!
Easily if I don't lose I definately need a kick in the butt!
Betsy we are here to lose weight not amputate a body part! Think it may be time to talk to the cardiologist about a water pill? Good job! I know you have been working hard.
I am actually looking forward to weighing in on Monday. Hmmm hard to believe I wrote that.
LOVE this thread!
Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #82

S/C/G: 298/244/158

START WEIGHT: 258
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 38
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 258 (START)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 256.4 (-1.6)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Ugh, if any of you see me around, slacking off on my diet or working out and saying it's no big deal, will you kick me in the bum please? Gym this past week has killed me. I had my first training session in a month on Friday and I almost cried in frustration, because something I could do awesomely before was so much harder. So I'm feeling super annoyed at myself right now. I've always said that for me this is about getting healthy, not getting skinny, and I need to remember that and not have another slip back like I did last month.

We went out for dinner last night, as it was my parent's anniversary (and yes, having family around definitely makes things more stressful, so I'm trying to make sure I keep a change of gym clothes in the car so I can go there to get rid of my stress, instead of looking for it at the bottom of a bag of chips) so I went a bit over on my cals, but I'm still pretty pleased with my progress. Cutting white carbs out of my diet from tomorrow, so fingers crossed I don't get too grumpy (which is what happens when I cut carbs too much!)

Glad to see everyone doing so well! You're all amazing and inspire me every day!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #83
starting over again

S/C/G: start weight: 350 lbs

Wow, I have to say I am impressed!

I have been lurking and reading these threads for awhile but never really looked at the numbers - you are all really dropping (and have dropped) those pounds!) and yet seem to eat pretty normal stuff! that is very encouraging! I am just getting started and it really inspires me to see how far everyone has come! I need to come to these boards more often and get involved. Thank you for posting and being inspiring!

lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #84
Snoopy Dance'n

Good day all!

Stephanie, congrats on the 2.4!!!

Welcome Starfish!

Nightkatt, LOL on the avalanche comment.
Yeah, the daily weighing moods come and go with me. Most of my life, I always weighed just once a week, but seems like once I reached my highest weight a couple of years ago, I have been weighing more consistently on the daily. It definitely has its positives and negatives for sure.
That breakfast that hunny made you does sound interesting. Most of your posts seem to mention a food that I have never heard of so I always enjoy learning new things.

Woohoo on the loss SunnyDispo!

Ubee, roger that. I'm excited for you being excited!!!

Ferris, WTG! I'm sure you'll be back in the swing of things. Even when we take a break, it is always easier the second time around when it comes to exercise.

Lostbutstilltrying, You CAN Do IT!!!

Old 05-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #85

Ferris nice loss. Funny, white carbs make me crabby when I eat them.
Lost I would not be where I am today if it were not for the support I get in the 300+ Club.
Easily LOVE your positive attitude!
Gotta go hubby and I are going for a walk. This chick has weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #86

Right .. little bit of a later start this morning so time for a catch up before I head out .. actually .. before I get dressed lol ..

SUNNY - Good on you for your loss this week .. isn't it nice to see a lower number before the point

UBEE - I am sooooo proud of your positive attitude about the weigh in this week Trust me that is the attitude that helps each week regardless of the outcome of it .. but Im sure you will do great How did your walk with hubby go?

FERRIS - On the plus side at least this weekend offered good weather .. hang on ... was it good down your way?? I have my MIL living next door lol .. so its something that used to definitely stress me, but now I find her comic value in the fact that she drives her son nuts which I find hilarious lol ... so good on you for getting back into it .. and Im the same as you .. I got back on the treadmill and couldn't comfortably do what I did the last time I was doing it regularly so its going to be a case of building it back up again so don't be too hard on yourself, its a life journey bud

LOST - I have been a member on here since 2006 and its taken me a while to finally start achieving goals only because I tended to loiter and not jump in lol .. for me its being accountable to others other than myself which helps to keep me on track .. not saying that I don't go on a flyer occasionally lol .. but I hope you will jump in and let us know more about yourself or your day .. but if not I hope you keep getting inspired and encouraged even if not directly hugs

EASILY - I have found myself looking up versions of foods that are in the US in case you don't have what Im talking about .. or checking that the name of the food is the same .. like zucchini/courgette, kiwi/zespri (thats the newest name which I think sucks lol), pepper/capsicum ... its so funny .. and I know when I was in Canada & LA that I was so intrigued when I went to the supermarkets at how many things I had never seen before .. and also how many processed foods there were .. I mean cheese in a can .. that just boggles my mind lol .. I think it was tried over here, but didn't go down well so haven't seen it for years lol. One thing that my hunny LOVES which we no longer have is Twinkies .. I have been trying to work out how to get some for him from the US, I had a friend that used to send me some over but unfortunately she has passed away So hunny has to miss out on them now.

So was a good weekend .. lots of work. I was supposed to have lunch cover yesterday so I could go and grab something for lunch .. but she messaged about 30 min before she was due to start saying she was too sick to come in so ended up working straight through .. fortunately it was a shorter day (10-430) so it wasn't too bad and then hunny picked me up and we went and grabbed a Pita Pit for dinner. Today is a no break day too (10-5), but I have grabbed a couple of bananas, a nut bar and a couple of bottles of water so that will be fine I did have a bad weekend though ... chocolate attacked me Sat AND Sun So definitely back on track .. thank goodness I changed my weigh in day from Monday to Friday lol .. AND I have my hours settled I think at work so I know when I am supposed to be having time off .. at the moment its Tues & Thurs so tomorrow I will be finally getting my blood test redone and having a good clean up at home .. then on Thursday Im driving up to my home town (about 2 hours away) to see my daughter and grandkids in their new home as well as dropping off some stuff and picking up other stuff lol ..

So its the start of a new week and Im just stunned at how quickly the weeks are going and already we are halfway through May .. shocker!!! Anyone else wondering where the weeks are going?? I don't think I remember going through Feb or was it March lol .. either way Im sure I missed a month somewhere

I was lying in bed this morning waiting for my alarm to go off and thinking about the weight loss .. felt my tummy and wondered how much the loose skin weighed lol ... weird the thoughts you go through on this journey lol ... I do remember hearing about another woman who lost a lot of weight and then she had surgery to remove the excess skin and it had weighed 8kg (I think thats about 16 pounds) .. so Im wondering if I reach my goal of 200 .. correction WHEN I reach my goal of 200 and start saving for the surgery if mine weighs about the same when removed will I be ok with being below 190 pounds or will I feel that is too low for me cos I have never even THOUGHT about going below 200 ... before I got pregnant (over 20 years ago lol) I had reached within about 10 pounds of the ideal for my height at the time (3 inches shorter than now) and I had bones sticking out everywhere and I hated it and my body ... I realised I like a little cushion .. just not as much as I allowed it to become of course ... and yet when I look at most of your main target goals they all see so darn low to me lol ... I have been told that the "ideal" weight is targeted at size 8 in NZ (I think that is about the same in the US) and I don't want to be ideal lol .. my friends who are in that bracket are forever sick catching flus and colds every winter and it takes them an age to get back on track and feeling healthy .. and they look like death warmed up most of the time when they are going through it and are exhausted for weeks cos they just don't have the backup on their bodies to help them get through it .. like if I get sick and I can't really eat for a few days then me losing 5-6 pounds isn't going to wipe me out cos I have so much to play with still .. but if they lose that much they are so weakened ..

Anyway .. enough of the babble .. almost 8am and its time I went and got dressed and started heading off to work .. I have to stop in my main store to pick up some things to take to the store I am working in today lol .. arggghh .. looking forward to tomorrow .. just want a day to relax at home when Im not exhausted already lol. Catch up later peeps

:Goal 1 - 300 pounds - reached 9.09.13 Goal 2 - 264.6 by 2/12/13 : reached 26.11.13
Old 05-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #87

Walk with hubby was good. Had to remind him to slow down a few times.
Katt my goal weight is ?. Now that I am much older I just want to be healthy and still be able to eat. I figure I'll know when I get there. I do want to weigh less then 200 pounds though. I'm not real curvy so it all settles in my gut. Tell hunny that a new company took over twinkes and some say they aren't what they used to be.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #88

Sneaking online at work .. but as I have no cover Im on my own so can't get a proper break anyway lol ..

UBEE - I will be sure to tell my hunny they are the end of an era and he will just have to live with the memories lol .. I don't even know if 200 is my goal really .. originally it was 220 so that extra 20 is a maybe lol.

Okee .. better get back to work . had my nut bar and banana .. better get these clothes racks tidied up .. OMG .. I know this is an outlet place but jeepers if this is how people treat their clothes at home no wonder they have to buy them so darn cheap! Geeees!!! Wouldn't be so bad if they just brought them up to the counter instead of just dumping them on the ground .. its not like we have little clothes fairies that pick it all up .. still .. its a quiet day so will give me something to do .. have already unpacked about 7 boxes, hung and put away, changed all the models in the store into new outfits, topped up the $3 table and folded them all ... this job is soooooo why I don't do the washing at home anymore lol ... spending all day hanging and folding Im so not in the mood to do the same at home lol .. but then it gets to me and I have no choice cos that is something hunny won't do either rofl. Hugs all!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #89

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 263
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 262
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25: 260
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
Old 05-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #90
Snoopy Dance'n

Outstanding job Ubee! Woohoo!
I feel the same way about my goal weight. I don't want to be thin and now that I am older, I need to be a little overweight to fill out the wrinkles some. I picked a long term goal that puts me out of the obese status for a person an inch shorter just to have a focal point and being under 200 (and staying there) for the first time in over 20 years would be a good place to be. I was in my 180s for most of my upper teens and always felt good at that weight, but have since grown a couple of inches. BUT, I know we lose inches as we get older so I like that little buffer...My mother lost like 3 inches in height!

Nightkatt, I understand your thinking on the goal weight, but you might not have that much loose skin so you just have to wait and see. Supposedly some of it firms up if we don't re-gain it. I know in my case (and being 40-something) that once I started seeing new numbers and things were moving pretty fast, I really noticed the saggy-ness. Then I had a 9 week stall and things have slowed down and I have been really surprised at how things are already tightening up especially in my face/neck but everywhere else, too. My thoughts are usually about my boobs because the last time I weighed them they were like 6-7 lbs each. And that is one of the places that I haven't really lost much in cup size even after losing 70 lbs, but the band has gone down several inches. I have been a DD+ since I was 14 and I was just a little overweight then so I don't know if my dreams of being a C cup is realistic without going under the knife, but I know some people lose inches there too as they age.
yeah the Twinkies kind of went away and there was an outcry, but I guess they came back in another form and people weren't happy. I haven't seen them, but I stay out of the middle aisles at the grocery pretty much.
Terrible that people are so inconsiderate with the clothes. They should be treating them better than the ones they own even. I always take care of my clothes and only have a few things that I wear around the house that I am rough on (it all gets worn out or put in the trash). I just recently took two truckloads of good clothes to charity. Most had never been worn or still had tags on them. The lady told me to just throw them in the pile with the rest of the donations and I'm like...but...they still have the tags on them. In my mind I was thinking this isn't junk like the rest of this stuff, put them on a pedestal like they should be so you can get top dollar.
OY on MIL living next door. My last one was horrid. I couldn't even imagine being that close to her full time. YOU MUST BE A SAINT!!!
I was wondering what the courgette was and hadn't looked it up yet so thanks for telling that. I'm not much of a zucchini eater, but I need to try it again as my taste buds are continuing to change.

I agree, time flies! More now for me than ever it seems...
I forgot to say that I moved down out of Stage II Obesity this morning into Stage I. Finally under 35 BMI. It has been about 14 years since I have been this low and even then I didn't keep it off but a second before I gained it all back plus more. That is a nice early birthday present for me.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Last edited by Easily Amused : 05-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.