Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #61  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi all ... been having trouble getting into 3FC most of the day ... it keeps "not found" appearing when I go to my bookmark ... but Im here now .. hope you are all well.

Had a good day off .. was so tired today .. another 6 day working week coming up so off to bed now .. weigh in tomorrow morning before I head out Night all
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #62  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I have missed so much here! I send hugs to you all and Nightkatt.. I sure do hope that your doctor will be able to do surgery to get rid of the Gallbladder stones! I wish that this pain will be a distant memory for you! and HOW busy you are! WOW! glad you had at least 1 day off! I wish I was as busy... miss those days... But I know I could always get back to that (by getting a 2nd job) and am seriously thinking of doing that!

and WATCH.. WOW! you are Beautiful! I love that picture! You look so wonderful! Thank you for sharing and showing us your success

Easily I really enjoy your posts and your positiveness... Here and in other threads! You help me so much with your words!

Welcome back Ferris !

UBEE where are you?? I bet you are doing Great and feel wonderful!

Me... back trying my best again and fighting the temptation demon.. grrr... 1 week of indulgences makes it hard and a fight to get back in gear.. but I am at 90% now and today will make it 100%

I hope you all have a really nice day... and its almost Friday for Nightkatt! We have a whole day to get thru 1st to catch up to her!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #63  
Trying again

EASILY - Lovely loss again for you this week .. well done

WANNA - Thank you for the wishes hun ... there is a part of me that wants to keep it cos it sure stops me eating the wrong thing very often lol ... but I would prefer a better reason to avoid those foods .. like you know .. just because they are bad for me not because they cause the pain I had last year off really and I hated it so much after 2 months that I started volunteering everywhere I could and helping in friends stores etc .. the last holiday I had was back in 2009 .. and before that it was in 2004 ... so I suppose I must be approaching a holiday soon lol ... last year was getting the house sorted at last, helping my daughter and recovering from burnout as well as getting my weight under control again ... but on my days off unless I have lots of things to do I think of work off and on all day lol ..

START WEIGHT: 246.3
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 26.3
ACHIEVED: - 4 pounds

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 244.7 (-1.6)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 242.4 (-2.4)
Week 03 - MAY 19 - MAY 25:
Week 04 - MAY 26 - JUN 01:
Week 05 - JUN 02 - JUN 08:
Week 06 - JUN 09 - JUN 15:
Week 07 - JUN 16 - JUN 22:
Week 08 - JUN 23 - JUN 29:
Week 09 - JUN 30 - JUL 06:
Week 10 - JUL 07 - JUL 13:
Week 11 - JUL 14 - JUL 20:
Week 12 - JUL 21 - JUL 27:
Week 13 - JUL 28 - AUG 03:
Week 14 - AUG 04 - AUG 10:
Week 15 - AUG 11 - AUG 17:
Week 16 - AUG 18 - AUG 24:
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Okee ... so its a good and bad weight loss this week ... great really because I have recovered what I gained the first week caught up and back on track again .. BUT .. broke the doctors rule of no more than half a pound a week ... but with a couple of attacks this week its no surprise really .. although I did break the rules last night and had one of my faves which was chicken & cheese on toast (although I used english muffins ... 6 halves!!!) .. and then I had a couple of Chocolate Kisses (same as Ginger Kisses but chocolate instead .. oh .. not the Hersheys Choc Kisses lol . these are like a cookie/cake in case you don't have them .. think a cake version of a yo-yo or melting moment .. cripes .. do you have those where you are???) ... anyway .. I did hesitate having them cos I knew I had my weigh in this morning .. but I thought I would have that little treat and only have 2 (would usually have the whole darn pack of 8!!) ...

Its funny .. but will all my research into gall stones they all say one of the triggers (other than fats) is sugar (in other words sweets and chocolate) .. and yet that is something that DOESNT trigger my attacks lol .. unfortunately in a way cos on those days when I have had attacks it makes me just want to stick to chocolate cos I don't react lol .. but I think that is only in small doses .. not going to test that theory by having a whole large bar of chocolate lol

So off to work today ... Woke up to a foggy Friday morning this morning .. love hunny driving me in the fog .. hate driving in it myself .. but as soon as we got over the hill into the city it was clear as a bell and it looks like it will be a sunny day (darn it .. of course my day off was miserable weather lol) ... so just relaxing with my morning Starbucks coffee and getting ready to face the working day

Making home made Fish & Chips for dinner tonight .. and a little bit of coleslaw so it will be just like getting them from the takeout really but not deep fried (baking in the oven ).

How are everyone else's plans for food going today? Are we all happy with our week or have there been bumps in your road this week .. remember to share so that we can either boot your tush or boost your morale (whichever you need)
Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I have been away too long!
Katt those chocolate kisses sound so good. I don't have anything like that around here but I live in the boonies. Does the doctor know when he can yank that sucker out?
Wana I hope you are back on track because you are one of my main motivaters!
Easily good job on the loss!
Ferris glad to see you again. Keep coming here for support. With family around you may need more then you realize. (Sorry family can make me crazy/crazier!)
Watchout I think many of us in the 300+ club think 10 is skinny!
Ali I think you will be just fine on a charter bus. Those seats are big. At my heaviest I had to ride a school bus on those little benches. YIKES! You know what I survived and my daughter will always remember I was with her.
Stephanie hope your wedding is great!
Let me just say what everyone is thinking...Watchout you look amazing! Never hide from a camera again!
Everyone I am going to need your help. As some of you know I gained 12 pounds on the last challenge. If I have a week without a loss it is not OK! Let me have it! Thanks.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Big whoosh week. I think it's safe to say that they won't all be like this.....although I wouldn't fight it if it were to happen! Running late this morning so need to go, but I promised to post on Fridays and this helps with keeping me "honest."

START WEIGHT: 347.8
GOAL WEIGHT: 316
TOTAL TO LOSE: 31.8
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 347.8 (START)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 335.8
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Last edited by betsy2013; 05-16-2014 at 12:52 PM.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:39 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 355.6/see ticker/199.9

Height: 5'5"

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to post, but I wanted to check in. My MIL is here from New Zealand and my dad will be in town later this afternoon, so we've been busy! We had celebrations last night, more tonight and then the ceremony will be tomorrow afternoon.

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been reading & keeping up with you all!!

I went to my WI this morning and was down 2.4 lbs.!! I'm a bit surprised, even though I haven't gone off the "deep end" or anything and have been making reasonable choices, I didn't think I would be down that much. But happy!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and I will catch up with you all soon.

START WEIGHT: 330.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 305.4
TOTAL TO LOSE: 25
ACHIEVED: 4.4

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 328.4 (-2.0 lbs.)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 326.0 (-2.4 lbs.)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
StephanieAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 330/315/160

Hi everyone,

I'm late at joining this challenge but would like to. I will post my info this weekend.
Starfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:08 AM   #68  
Trying again

UBEE - I tend to avoid the doc if I can help it lol .. other than the weigh in with the nurse Im not overly available for him rofl ... if he puts me on the waiting list it could be months .. I can get it done sooner if I go privately but that would cost an arm and a leg .. and while that would be great for weight loss .. not overly conductive .. I would rather they take the loose skin too lol .. then lift everything that is sagging .. heck if I am going under a knife might as well make it worthwhile hehehe.

BESTY - That aint a whoosh hunny .. that is an avalanche!! WOW .. well done Keep that up and you will be at goal in 3 weeks lol ... just so long as you are doing it healthy though

EASILY - I think we all have those roller coasters we travel on ... and I found that the daily weigh in for me did more damage than good so do it twice a week .. once in the middle is my guide to how I am going for the week .. I have changed my weigh in day to Fridays now (used to be Mondays .. which made the weekends so hard lol) .. so I have a check on Tuesday/Wednesday .. it does help me better that way .. but if you find inspiration in the daily then that is great that it works for you I must admit that all of you keep me focused really. If I didn't start these challenges then I may not do as well as I am .. I think its the "I don't want to let everyone down" thought process, I feel so guilty when I go up and have to let you all know lol .. but Im getting a little better about that.

STEPHANIE - Say Kia ora to your MIL for me and tell her she isn't missing anything weather-wise over here ... although yesterday and today were lovely and sunny lol .. the rest of the week has been blegh I hope you will be posting some wedding piccys?? I know its the second one .. but I will be reshooting in December for our first anniversary as I think its a great thing to add to your wedding album or memories And well done hun on your loss Great job

STARFISH - HI!!!! Nice to see you back hun and welcome back on board Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and hope you are well

Just a quick catch up peeps I had a good day at work today .. had a little late start which was nice .. hunny made me an interesting breakfast, raspberry jam roll and a heap of grapes with a coffee lol ... never let it be said he doesn't make interesting meals Was really busy at work and ended up closing 30 minutes late due to customers so got home late, but hunny had a lovely dinner waiting for me .. lots of vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette, brussels) and a little bit of shredded chicken (which I didn't end up eating much to the dogs joy lol) ... very full now

Going to relax with hunny for the night at watch a bit of TV .. maybe do a little cross stitch ... before heading off to bed cos I got to get up early for work lol ..

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 05-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #69  

Starting weight: 375.5 pounds
Goal for June 12th: 349 pounds (26.5 pounds)
End goal: 330 pounds (45.5 pounds)

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 375.5
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 374.8
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:
sunnydispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #70  

Hello!
Sunny good job on having a loss this week!
Katt love the thought process of going under and having it all done at once.
Welcome Starfish!
Stephanie you get an award for losing with all you have going on! I do hope you have pics and details to share!
Easily if I don't lose I definately need a kick in the butt!
Betsy we are here to lose weight not amputate a body part! Think it may be time to talk to the cardiologist about a water pill? Good job! I know you have been working hard.
I am actually looking forward to weighing in on Monday. Hmmm hard to believe I wrote that.
LOVE this thread!
Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

START WEIGHT: 258
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 38
ACHIEVED:

Week 01 - MAY 05 - MAY 11: 258 (START)
Week 02 - MAY 12 - MAY 18: 256.4 (-1.6)
FINAL WEIGH IN - AUG 31:

Ugh, if any of you see me around, slacking off on my diet or working out and saying it's no big deal, will you kick me in the bum please? Gym this past week has killed me. I had my first training session in a month on Friday and I almost cried in frustration, because something I could do awesomely before was so much harder. So I'm feeling super annoyed at myself right now. I've always said that for me this is about getting healthy, not getting skinny, and I need to remember that and not have another slip back like I did last month.

We went out for dinner last night, as it was my parent's anniversary (and yes, having family around definitely makes things more stressful, so I'm trying to make sure I keep a change of gym clothes in the car so I can go there to get rid of my stress, instead of looking for it at the bottom of a bag of chips) so I went a bit over on my cals, but I'm still pretty pleased with my progress. Cutting white carbs out of my diet from tomorrow, so fingers crossed I don't get too grumpy (which is what happens when I cut carbs too much!)

Glad to see everyone doing so well! You're all amazing and inspire me every day!
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #72  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Wow, I have to say I am impressed!

I have been lurking and reading these threads for awhile but never really looked at the numbers - you are all really dropping (and have dropped) those pounds!) and yet seem to eat pretty normal stuff! that is very encouraging! I am just getting started and it really inspires me to see how far everyone has come! I need to come to these boards more often and get involved. Thank you for posting and being inspiring!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #73  

Ferris nice loss. Funny, white carbs make me crabby when I eat them.
Lost I would not be where I am today if it were not for the support I get in the 300+ Club.
Easily LOVE your positive attitude!
Gotta go hubby and I are going for a walk. This chick has weigh in tomorrow!
Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 PM   #74  
Trying again

Right .. little bit of a later start this morning so time for a catch up before I head out .. actually .. before I get dressed lol ..

SUNNY - Good on you for your loss this week .. isn't it nice to see a lower number before the point

UBEE - I am sooooo proud of your positive attitude about the weigh in this week Trust me that is the attitude that helps each week regardless of the outcome of it .. but Im sure you will do great How did your walk with hubby go?

FERRIS - On the plus side at least this weekend offered good weather .. hang on ... was it good down your way?? I have my MIL living next door lol .. so its something that used to definitely stress me, but now I find her comic value in the fact that she drives her son nuts which I find hilarious lol ... so good on you for getting back into it .. and Im the same as you .. I got back on the treadmill and couldn't comfortably do what I did the last time I was doing it regularly so its going to be a case of building it back up again so don't be too hard on yourself, its a life journey bud

LOST - I have been a member on here since 2006 and its taken me a while to finally start achieving goals only because I tended to loiter and not jump in lol .. for me its being accountable to others other than myself which helps to keep me on track .. not saying that I don't go on a flyer occasionally lol .. but I hope you will jump in and let us know more about yourself or your day .. but if not I hope you keep getting inspired and encouraged even if not directly hugs

EASILY - I have found myself looking up versions of foods that are in the US in case you don't have what Im talking about .. or checking that the name of the food is the same .. like zucchini/courgette, kiwi/zespri (thats the newest name which I think sucks lol), pepper/capsicum ... its so funny .. and I know when I was in Canada & LA that I was so intrigued when I went to the supermarkets at how many things I had never seen before .. and also how many processed foods there were .. I mean cheese in a can .. that just boggles my mind lol .. I think it was tried over here, but didn't go down well so haven't seen it for years lol. One thing that my hunny LOVES which we no longer have is Twinkies .. I have been trying to work out how to get some for him from the US, I had a friend that used to send me some over but unfortunately she has passed away So hunny has to miss out on them now.

So was a good weekend .. lots of work. I was supposed to have lunch cover yesterday so I could go and grab something for lunch .. but she messaged about 30 min before she was due to start saying she was too sick to come in so ended up working straight through .. fortunately it was a shorter day (10-430) so it wasn't too bad and then hunny picked me up and we went and grabbed a Pita Pit for dinner. Today is a no break day too (10-5), but I have grabbed a couple of bananas, a nut bar and a couple of bottles of water so that will be fine I did have a bad weekend though ... chocolate attacked me Sat AND Sun So definitely back on track .. thank goodness I changed my weigh in day from Monday to Friday lol .. AND I have my hours settled I think at work so I know when I am supposed to be having time off .. at the moment its Tues & Thurs so tomorrow I will be finally getting my blood test redone and having a good clean up at home .. then on Thursday Im driving up to my home town (about 2 hours away) to see my daughter and grandkids in their new home as well as dropping off some stuff and picking up other stuff lol ..

So its the start of a new week and Im just stunned at how quickly the weeks are going and already we are halfway through May .. shocker!!! Anyone else wondering where the weeks are going?? I don't think I remember going through Feb or was it March lol .. either way Im sure I missed a month somewhere

I was lying in bed this morning waiting for my alarm to go off and thinking about the weight loss .. felt my tummy and wondered how much the loose skin weighed lol ... weird the thoughts you go through on this journey lol ... I do remember hearing about another woman who lost a lot of weight and then she had surgery to remove the excess skin and it had weighed 8kg (I think thats about 16 pounds) .. so Im wondering if I reach my goal of 200 .. correction WHEN I reach my goal of 200 and start saving for the surgery if mine weighs about the same when removed will I be ok with being below 190 pounds or will I feel that is too low for me cos I have never even THOUGHT about going below 200 ... before I got pregnant (over 20 years ago lol) I had reached within about 10 pounds of the ideal for my height at the time (3 inches shorter than now) and I had bones sticking out everywhere and I hated it and my body ... I realised I like a little cushion .. just not as much as I allowed it to become of course ... and yet when I look at most of your main target goals they all see so darn low to me lol ... I have been told that the "ideal" weight is targeted at size 8 in NZ (I think that is about the same in the US) and I don't want to be ideal lol .. my friends who are in that bracket are forever sick catching flus and colds every winter and it takes them an age to get back on track and feeling healthy .. and they look like death warmed up most of the time when they are going through it and are exhausted for weeks cos they just don't have the backup on their bodies to help them get through it .. like if I get sick and I can't really eat for a few days then me losing 5-6 pounds isn't going to wipe me out cos I have so much to play with still .. but if they lose that much they are so weakened ..

Anyway .. enough of the babble .. almost 8am and its time I went and got dressed and started heading off to work .. I have to stop in my main store to pick up some things to take to the store I am working in today lol .. arggghh .. looking forward to tomorrow .. just want a day to relax at home when Im not exhausted already lol. Catch up later peeps
Old 05-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #75  

Walk with hubby was good. Had to remind him to slow down a few times.
Katt my goal weight is ?. Now that I am much older I just want to be healthy and still be able to eat. I figure I'll know when I get there. I do want to weigh less then 200 pounds though. I'm not real curvy so it all settles in my gut. Tell hunny that a new company took over twinkes and some say they aren't what they used to be.